Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 223828 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1800 on: January 11, 2020, 12:27:56 pm »
is that right? Does seem very odd that only 10% of those that didn’t do the update bought United tickets

Many will have seen there was no point assuming they couldn't update and could buy and not get in.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1801 on: January 11, 2020, 12:34:20 pm »
Many will have seen there was no point assuming they couldn't update and could buy and not get in.
fair point, would have thought a good few would have tried though in the hope the club delay it

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1802 on: January 11, 2020, 12:48:15 pm »
Would presume 20% of +13ers being binned off would mean 13+ will be the magic number for bulk sales again next season.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1803 on: January 11, 2020, 01:14:53 pm »
Would presume 20% of +13ers being binned off would mean 13+ will be the magic number for bulk sales again next season.

Yeah, would make sense. There’s a fair few I’ve seen that have bought themselves to 13+ using individual hospo but probably not over 1000 of them lol.
YNWA.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1804 on: January 11, 2020, 01:39:05 pm »
At least 10000 tickets are sold in the bulks for each game. If we assume that there were roughly 1000 tickets left for United in the 4+ sale (that’s what I’d estimate from the availability map I posted) then roughly 9000 would have bought tickets. (9000-100)/0.8 gives 11,125 members on 13+, as 20% of them (minus 100 within that 20%) didn’t buy tickets. This doesn’t seem right, considering that 13+ is guaranteed. Can anyone explain to me where my calculations are going wrong.

There were nowhere near 1000 tickets in that availability map you posted.

Be lucky if they were 100

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1805 on: January 11, 2020, 01:46:01 pm »
There were nowhere near 1000 tickets in that availability map you posted.

Be lucky if they were 100

Far more than 100. There's 2 orange blocks.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1806 on: January 11, 2020, 02:03:23 pm »
Generally an orange block would have 50-60 seats no?
YNWA

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #1807 on: January 11, 2020, 03:55:17 pm »
U1 would have had about 150-200 in out of about 500(300 are sold in local general sale and a few will have gone in 13+ sale). U9 will have had about 100 in, possibly more as it also has about 500 tickets in total. 222 is a small block, so it probably only contained about 80 seats (back 2-3 rows plus singles).  129 probably around 100, as nobody would choose to sit in the back few rows if they could sit elsewhere. The other blocks wouldn't have had many tickets. I added multiple tickets to my basket at the time and vaguely remember what I was given, so that's what the estimation is based upon. Could be very wrong with my figures, so maybe there were less than 1000.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1808 on: January 12, 2020, 08:53:15 pm »
Not been to a game for some years now and since Klopp has been here its very hard unless you want to gamble on a tout or use Thomas Cook not what i'd do myself !

As I dont have a fan/membership card I have zero chance this season ....what are peoples experiences with getting tickets with them ? Im looking at next season now to go to a game.

Thanks in advance.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1809 on: January 12, 2020, 10:07:10 pm »
Not been to a game for some years now and since Klopp has been here its very hard unless you want to gamble on a tout or use Thomas Cook not what i'd do myself !

As I dont have a fan/membership card I have zero chance this season ....what are peoples experiences with getting tickets with them ? Im looking at next season now to go to a game.

Thanks in advance.

You can still buy a membership now and try to get tickets for the remaining games excluding United and Chelsea
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1810 on: January 12, 2020, 10:48:10 pm »
You can still buy a membership now and try to get tickets for the remaining games excluding United and Chelsea

Thanks Barney the membership only lasts for the season I believe so my thinking is get one next season and have all the games to choose from expect the really big ones like Utd, City and Everton.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1811 on: January 12, 2020, 10:49:54 pm »
Thanks Barney the membership only lasts for the season I believe so my thinking is get one next season and have all the games to choose from expect the really big ones like Utd, City and Everton.

Will drop less than half price soon so might be worth a try anyway

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1812 on: January 13, 2020, 12:27:31 am »
Right idea mate. You'll also struggle for the first game of the season and the last game of the season and a couple of others like Arsenal/Tottenham as they will rely on previous attendance from this season. There should be 4 games a season I believe that are all members free for alls if I've remembered correctly that you'll have the biggest chance for. It's a bit of a dog fight for the rest as it's usually scraps from the sales to people with 13 credits or more from the previous season but if you keep your eyes peeled on here sometimes tickets go up at short notice on the ticket site before games as well sometimes. This is particularly good if you don't mind single tickets.

Also if midweek isn't an issue the League Cup auto cup scheme is always fairly easy to get onto in the summer and you'll be guaranteed a ticket if we're drawn at home. FA Cup and Champions League auto cups are usually based on previous attendance and sell out but FA Cup games against lower teams you'll be able to build your credits up in the weeks before the game if you're on the ball and especially if we get an easy team or two at home - though we keep drawing Everton every other year in the third round which can scupper that plan ;D

Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 12:29:32 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1813 on: January 13, 2020, 09:02:44 am »

The demand is ridiculously high. I would buy a membership this season and see what you can get to help prepare yourself for possible disappointment next season. Don’t mean this in a harsh way - just with getting to grips with how the sales process works.
YNWA.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #1814 on: January 13, 2020, 11:17:18 am »
Not more then 150tix there! One of the orange blocks is tiny and 30-35 would make it orange!
The red boxes were pretty much empty! Like I said earlier.. not just that ONE post I found earlier but I checked as well and this map too.., suggests there wasn’t 900+ whatever 4+ normally get!
I’ve got a genuine point here like it or not! The club did not put those 900tix on sale for 4+.
Also there was extra hospos available according to my mate who got tickets for Chelsea...he said he was lucky but although I can’t prove it I’d say the club sold some as hospos.

• Kopite
« Reply #1815 on: January 13, 2020, 11:22:41 am »
There were a lot more than 100 tickets on sale today for United- took 10 minutes to sell out initially. Whereas, the local general has 500 seats and takes 2 and a half minutes to sell out usually.

• Kopite
« Reply #1816 on: January 13, 2020, 11:26:25 am »
There were a lot more than 100 tickets on sale today for United- took 10 minutes to sell out initially. Whereas, the local general has 500 seats and takes 2 and a half minutes to sell out usually.

This might explains the lack of tickets available in the 4+ Bulk sale- more than 100 of the banned members bought tickets- unless there have been a huge number of season ticket returns for United.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1817 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:02 am »
I wonder what happens if those that didn't complete the Fan Update and got their tickets cancelled and refunded, manage to purchase in todays sale.

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
« Reply #1818 on: January 13, 2020, 12:09:46 pm »
I wonder what happens if those that didn't complete the Fan Update and got their tickets cancelled and refunded, manage to purchase in todays sale.

Don’t think they can buy tickets

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1819 on: January 13, 2020, 03:18:00 pm »
The demand is ridiculously high. I would buy a membership this season and see what you can get to help prepare yourself for possible disappointment next season. Don’t mean this in a harsh way - just with getting to grips with how the sales process works.

Thank you Hij for the insight and like most events these days you need some luck :)

Rainbow - I expect the demand to be very high and I have read this board for a few years on & off so I know the pain some go through to try & get tickets.

Touts are everywhere and as annoying as they are it is very hard to stop I have seen it at lots of music gigs too, Glastonbury have the right idea photo & name on tickets but the costs to do that are going to be very high so not everyone can do that.

Hopefully to fellow fans you have some luck with tickets YNWA.

Online RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1820 on: January 13, 2020, 03:32:08 pm »
I bought a membership last year in attempt to get a couple of tickets (to any game) to take my daughter along to. She's 17 and has supported LFC for years. I didn't get any joy with tickets through the membership and didn't renew as i thought it was a waste of time. I'm new on here and hoped to be able to bag a couple of tickets to take her along. it's her birthday in a couple of weeks and i'd love to be able to tell her i'm taking her to a game. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The only way for tickets is a membership - (or the local general sale tickets if you're from Liverpool, but chances of getting one ticket is almost impossible, let alone a pair). Maybe get two memberships, link them up and try in the late availability for the rest of the season in the sales. If you get through early enough in the queue there's normally pairs about.

Then try the bulk sales next season, there's normally three games that go on sale to all members. That will be your best bet, unfortunately you missed the bulk sale for this season, that was in November. For each game there is normally three - five sales dependent on where you live and what you qualify for.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: January 13, 2020, 03:38:52 pm »
I bought a membership last year in attempt to get a couple of tickets (to any game) to take my daughter along to. She's 17 and has supported LFC for years. I didn't get any joy with tickets through the membership and didn't renew as i thought it was a waste of time. I'm new on here and hoped to be able to bag a couple of tickets to take her along. it's her birthday in a couple of weeks and i'd love to be able to tell her i'm taking her to a game. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Honestly if you only plan to go once and it's a special occasion then I'd bite the bullet and go hospitality.

Doesn't help you much this season though, but if we get through in the cup and draw an unglamorous opponent at home then you'll be able to get something I reckon.

You don't want to join the F5 crew.  No one wants to join the F5 crew.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1822 on: January 13, 2020, 06:11:45 pm »
Also be realistic and flexible. 2 of you going? Not ideal but I’ve been on my own probably 100+ times for various reasons. Lots go on their own or sit on their own. Don’t be afraid of 2 separate tickets. Obviously with a kid that doesn’t work but 17 is likely fine. And for one offs I really think this is exactly what the hospitality is for as a good opportunity if you can stretch to it-at least it’s not a gamble like a touted ticket and you usually get food! Do it and enjoy it-it’s not your typical hospitality-it’s just a bit of food and a programme usually.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1823 on: January 13, 2020, 06:14:23 pm »
And the league cup should be your best mate.
I’ve no real time for those that complain about tickets then snub the league cup unless it’s a one off occasion.
I have better nights at a league cup midweek game than I do at home to Watford at 3pm in the league that’s for sure.
I get for a one off you probably want to ‘see the superstars’ but that’s the hospitality route I guess.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 06:28:20 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1824 on: January 14, 2020, 11:49:11 am »
https://www.charitystars.com/sweepstake/meet-gini-wijnaldum-at-melwood-training-ground

does anyone know anything about the tickets they're offering there? Are they hospitality or something, all sold out so no idea of quantities or anything, £100 like.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1825 on: January 14, 2020, 02:04:16 pm »
If the members who had 13+ credits and didnt do the fan update, had Champions League credits - do they lose these as well? I.e. kicked off the ACS if they are on it
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #1826 on: January 14, 2020, 02:11:17 pm »
If the members who had 13+ credits and didnt do the fan update, had Champions League credits - do they lose these as well? I.e. kicked off the ACS if they are on it

Yes, no update - no future ticket purchase.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #1827 on: January 14, 2020, 02:17:21 pm »
I checked the FAQ section of the fan update and it doesn't specify only league games so I'd assume that these members who didn't complete the update won't be able to attend games in any competition. Although I don't remember there being much mention around the time of the Everton FA cup game?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1828 on: January 15, 2020, 07:20:58 am »
https://www.charitystars.com/sweepstake/meet-gini-wijnaldum-at-melwood-training-ground

does anyone know anything about the tickets they're offering there? Are they hospitality or something, all sold out so no idea of quantities or anything, £100 like.

Seems to be normal tickets. They all sold pretty quickly so can’t imagine there was hundreds. Wonder where they are allocated from - player tickets, unsold tickets held back or if the club have a random allocation kept for things like this. No real objection to it as at least we know it’ll go to the cause.
YNWA.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1829 on: January 15, 2020, 10:38:19 am »

Out of interest what is the price for the yearly membership is it £40 please ?

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #1830 on: January 15, 2020, 11:47:07 am »
Out of interest what is the price for the yearly membership is it £40 please ?
Go for a membership light it’s cheaper £27 I think. Still ok for tickets!

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1831 on: January 15, 2020, 12:53:47 pm »
Go for a membership light it’s cheaper £27 I think. Still ok for tickets!

That sounds ok to me its worth a go is that £27 for half a season membership or for the full season ??
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:55:29 pm by Legs »

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1832 on: January 16, 2020, 10:25:45 am »
Seems to be a guy on Facebook actively touting tickets in around the Liverpool area, friends of friends I know have recently bought off him £150-200 depending on the opposition, Paul Burgess is his name, surprised he's still getting away with it in this day and age.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1833 on: January 16, 2020, 10:27:49 am »
Seems to be a guy on Facebook actively touting tickets in around the Liverpool area, friends of friends I know have recently bought off him £150-200 depending on the opposition, Paul Burgess is his name, surprised he's still getting away with it in this day and age.

Has he been reported to the club?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1834 on: January 16, 2020, 03:04:15 pm »
Has he been reported to the club?

Not that I'm aware of anyway, think these lads were glad to get tickets so weren't gonne risk getting their source shut down, which isn't right either.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1835 on: January 16, 2020, 04:21:30 pm »
Not that I'm aware of anyway, think these lads were glad to get tickets so weren't gonne risk getting their source shut down, which isn't right either.

Part of the frigging problem when they are paying over the odds for tickets
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1836 on: January 16, 2020, 04:42:32 pm »

He scammed a few people including people that travelled to Salzburg away expecting to receive tickets. He's been around a while - pretty sure it's a fake name and he buys other peoples' tickets to resell.
YNWA.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1837 on: January 16, 2020, 05:26:11 pm »
He scammed a few people including people that travelled to Salzburg away expecting to receive tickets. He's been around a while - pretty sure it's a fake name and he buys other peoples' tickets to resell.

Facebook page seems genuine enough. Prick.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #1838 on: January 16, 2020, 05:50:40 pm »
Facebook page seems genuine enough. Prick.

Just had a quick look on FB and the page does seem genuine. So the question is why hasn't someone that's been scammed caught this guy and dealt with him by now!!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1839 on: January 16, 2020, 07:16:32 pm »
Just had a quick look on FB and the page does seem genuine. So the question is why hasn't someone that's been scammed caught this guy and dealt with him by now!!

Do we actually know if he’s scammed someone bar heresay on social media. Had a look on Facebook, I doubt a scammer would have that many followers