Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226574 times)

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1720 on: January 10, 2020, 06:24:36 pm »
I am no proponent of Club propaganda but I have been reasonably close to this process.

You now have any members who wish to buy tickets in a sale properly registered to one card only.

1000 IDs that had cards and the ability to purchase now do not - this will be for a variety of reasons but undoubtedly it will have disrupted some touts.

At least 100 people bought but did not update. 60 of those at the Sheff Utd game didn't get in, but some of them are betting a last chance to sort.

The cancelled United tickets are going back into the GA sales.

I don’t disagree but this 20% bullshit is mad just tell us the number, no wonder there is speculation

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #1721 on: January 10, 2020, 06:28:50 pm »
I don’t disagree but this 20% bullshit is mad just tell us the number, no wonder there is speculation

I've told you - they said 5000 were in the members' group who qualified and needed to Update - 1000 did not. That's 20%.

Not all 20% bought tickets, so far it was roughly 60 for Sheffield United and 100 for United who bought but did not update.

Not sure were the 7000 number has come from.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1722 on: January 10, 2020, 06:29:11 pm »
I am no proponent of Club propaganda but I have been reasonably close to this process.

You now have any members who wish to buy tickets in a sale properly registered to one card only.

1000 IDs that had cards and the ability to purchase now do not - this will be for a variety of reasons but undoubtedly it will have disrupted some touts.

At least 100 people bought but did not update. 60 of those at the Sheff Utd game didn't get in, but some of them are getting a last chance to sort.

The cancelled United tickets are going back into the GA
sales.

The club should have been this clear.

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
« Reply #1723 on: January 10, 2020, 06:30:04 pm »
I've told you - they said 5000 were in the members' group who qualified and needed to Update - 1000 did not. That's 20%.

Not all 20% bought tickets, so far it was roughly 60 for Sheffield United and 100 for United who bought but did not update.

When I said just tell us I mean the club directly

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1724 on: January 10, 2020, 06:31:06 pm »

The 7000 number has come from the blog on the club website

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1725 on: January 10, 2020, 06:31:48 pm »

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/fan-update-blog

December 3rd update.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: January 10, 2020, 06:32:48 pm »
From the blog

December 3rd 12:00 – Over 7000 of you have verified since the start of the campaign. Make sure you complete the Fan Update process by December 31 or your entry into Anfield Stadium from January 1 will be affected.

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #1727 on: January 10, 2020, 06:33:40 pm »
Tell you what, wouldn't wanna be working the ticket office on Sunday, be absolute carnage
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:36:25 pm by Tame_Impala »

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #1728 on: January 10, 2020, 06:36:15 pm »
I reckon the club have sold a lot more hospitality and just giving us some crumbs.
7k qualified that 20% is roughly 1400tix extra in the November sale but we didn’t feel it in-fact sold just as quick if nit quicker! There should have been tickets left in that guaranteed sale!? Club is giving us sale for 100tix and they sold the rest as hospos .. that’s what I think and it ties up with the availability we had in the nov sale! There should have been over a thousand tickets left in that guaranteed sale if they are telling us the truth and that wasn’t the case. They were all gone

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1729 on: January 10, 2020, 06:36:20 pm »

December 3rd update.

2000 of those 5000 won't have the maximum credits and will be 'normal' memberships.

You have to do Fan Update to even have a chance of buying a ticket. Normal memberships that have not gone through the process can't buy tickets - or if they do they won't get in.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1730 on: January 10, 2020, 06:37:04 pm »
I reckon the club have sold a lot more hospitality and just giving us some crumbs.
7k qualified that 20% is roughly 1400tix extra in the November sale but we didn’t feel it in-fact sold just as quick if nit quicker! There should have been tickets left in that guaranteed sale!? Club is giving us sale for 100tix and they sold the rest as hospos .. that’s what I think and it ties up with the availability we had in the nov sale! There should have been over a thousand tickets left in that guaranteed sale if they are telling us the truth and that wasn’t the case. They were all gone

Nope - all wrong.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #1731 on: January 10, 2020, 06:38:07 pm »
I don't think anyone is doubting you Graham, it's more the point around that 90% of cards that qualified for United didn't buy them according to the figures.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: January 10, 2020, 06:39:00 pm »
The other tickets will be going the same place the Spurs away returns sale tickets went...

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: January 10, 2020, 06:39:01 pm »
I don't think anyone is doubting you Graham, it's more the point around that 90% of cards that qualified for United didn't buy them according to the figures.

You'll have to explain that to me.....
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
« Reply #1734 on: January 10, 2020, 06:39:40 pm »
2000 of those 5000 won't have the maximum credits and will be 'normal' memberships.

You have to do Fan Update to even have a chance of buying a ticket. Normal memberships that have not gone through the process can't buy tickets - or if they do they won't get in.

Eh? The fan update is 13+ only

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1735 on: January 10, 2020, 06:40:02 pm »

Eh?

Memberships not on 13+ have to do the update?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: January 10, 2020, 06:42:17 pm »
Eh?

Memberships not on 13+ have to do the update?

No - but anyone wanting to be able to try and buy a ticket has to do the Update.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1737 on: January 10, 2020, 06:43:04 pm »
Am confused. 1000 cards cancelled and of that eligible amount  only 100 bought united tickets?
The most touted game and 900 people of 1000 eligible  on 13+ decided not to buy?

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
« Reply #1738 on: January 10, 2020, 06:43:33 pm »
No - but anyone wanting to be able to try and buy a ticket has to do the Update.

This hasn’t been mentioned anywhere

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1739 on: January 10, 2020, 06:43:51 pm »

No it doesn't! 20% who qualified did not do the update. Of those 20% who did not update, 90% knew the game was up and did not even bother trying.

So it would be 18% of the cards that actually qualify did not buy for mancs ( 90%  of the 20%)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1740 on: January 10, 2020, 06:44:31 pm »

Sorry Graham I don't understand. That's only for the 13+ right? Those with under 13 credits haven't taken part in the fan update just yet so can still carry on buying tickets as normal?

The most touted game and 900 people of 1000 eligible  on 13+ decided not to buy?

Yes.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1741 on: January 10, 2020, 06:45:20 pm »
Am confused. 1000 cards cancelled and of that eligible amount  only 100 bought united tickets?

No, again.

1000 of 5000 who could buy in the second sale did not Update.

Of that 1000 so far 60 for Sheffield United and 100 for United bought in the second sale (before the Update deadline passed) but because they did not Update they will not get in.

So, in the next sale anyone who has not Updated even if they have the right credits will not bebable to even buy.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: January 10, 2020, 06:46:55 pm »
what a mess this has turned into, just from the fact that the club have not communicated clearly with us.  Thankfully Graham has managed to fill some of the gaps for us.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: January 10, 2020, 06:47:02 pm »
Sorry Graham I don't understand. That's only for the 13+ right? Those with under 13 credits haven't taken part in the fan update just yet so can still carry on buying tickets as normal?

Yes.

Let's keep it simple.

If you have not done the Fan Update you will not be able to buy a members' sale ticket.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #1744 on: January 10, 2020, 06:47:19 pm »
You'll have to explain that to me.....

My understanding of the figures are 1000 cards on 13+ haven't verfied? All of those cards were guaranteed for United but only 100 tickets have been put into the sale? Surely a lot more than that would have bought tickets for one of the biggest games of the season?
Apologies if I'm misunderstanding the figures.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1745 on: January 10, 2020, 06:47:57 pm »
No, again.

1000 of 5000 who could buy in the second sale did not Update.

Of that 1000 so far 60 for Sheffield United and 100 for United bought in the second sale (before the Update deadline passed) but because they did not Update they will not get in.

So, in the next sale anyone who has not Updated even if they have the right credits will not bebable to even buy.

When will the fan update take place for all members? Will it be in the summer now

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1746 on: January 10, 2020, 06:48:02 pm »
Let's keep it simple.

If you have not done the Fan Update you will not be able to buy a members' sale ticket.

So anyone with a members card who hasn't completed the fan update won't be able to buy a ticket? Not just those with 13+?

The club haven't communicated this to anyone whatsoever.

Offline qBlaz3

• Anny Roader
  • annie road aggro
« Reply #1747 on: January 10, 2020, 06:48:23 pm »
Let's keep it simple.

???? That isn’t simple the club has not mentioned at all that this will be the case

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: January 10, 2020, 06:48:39 pm »
Let's keep it simple.

Graham I dont think you’re right here

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1749 on: January 10, 2020, 06:48:42 pm »
My understanding of the figures are 1000 cards on 13+ haven't verfied? All of those cards were guaranteed for United but only 100 tickets have been put into the sale? Surely a lot more than that would have bought tickets for one of the biggest games of the season?

Why would they bother if they knew the tickets were going to be cancelled because they couldn't complete the fan update?

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #1750 on: January 10, 2020, 06:49:09 pm »
This is shambles!
The 13+ guaranteed sale .. pretty much sold out but we are told that over a thousand cards didn’t buy??
Even if we go by the 5k and 100tix left now ... where are the rest?? The  900tix that should have left on that day!?? I went on that day in early afternoon and couldn’t see any just here and there a pop up!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1751 on: January 10, 2020, 06:49:12 pm »
Let's keep it simple.

From what date is that from Graham? Is that including Monday’s sale? Those on 4+ haven’t even had the option to go through the fan update yet

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1752 on: January 10, 2020, 06:50:38 pm »
Why would they bother if they knew the tickets were going to be cancelled because they couldn't complete the fan update?

tbf some may not have known about it.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1753 on: January 10, 2020, 06:50:43 pm »
If of 1000 eligible only 100 bought United then there should have been 900 left in the first guaranteed sale then?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1754 on: January 10, 2020, 06:50:57 pm »

1000 did not do the Update who could have.

Of that 1000, 100 bought United tickets and won't get in as they have had the sale cancelled and those 100 tickets are going back to GA.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1755 on: January 10, 2020, 06:51:53 pm »
This is shambles!
The 13+ guaranteed sale .. pretty much sold out but we are told that over a thousand cards didn’t buy??
Even if we go by the 5k and 100tix left now ... where are the rest?? The  900tix that should have left on that day!?? I went on that day in early afternoon and couldn’t see any just here and there a pop up!

No if they didn't sell in the 13+ sale they would have sold in the 4+ sale.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #1756 on: January 10, 2020, 06:52:20 pm »
Who knows, they probably thought they could still sell them on

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1757 on: January 10, 2020, 06:56:25 pm »
From what date is that from Graham? Is that including Monday’s sale? Those on 4+ haven’t even had the option to go through the fan update yet

No, I am talking about the twice yearly members' sale.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #1758 on: January 10, 2020, 06:56:49 pm »
1000 did not do the Update who could have.

Of that 1000, 100 bought United tickets and won't get in as they have had the sale cancelled and those 100 tickets are going back to GA.
That's my point i find it hard to believe only a 100 of the 1000 only bought tickets.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1759 on: January 10, 2020, 06:57:23 pm »
Let's keep it simple.

Confused with that.

You’re simply not able to do the fan update if you haven’t attended 13+ from last season, in the exact same way you can’t buy a ticket in the 13+ sale if you’ve not been to 13+ games from last season. It doesn’t let you. And my boyfriend who hasn’t done the update had no issues getting in to Sheffield United at home which he bought in the members sale.