Author Topic: Seeking some advice on obtaining tickets  (Read 6675 times)

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Seeking some advice on obtaining tickets
« Reply #40 on: June 3, 2017, 11:03:10 am »
You can't jump a queue if it's one you don't qualify for.

The club have divided up the capacity of the stadium. Each of us has a possibility at certain tickets. Those are the only queue's that we try.

I can't get a season ticket.

I can't get any of the tickets allocated to away fans, youth initiatives, local schools that get them, tickets saved for charities, tickets allocated for players, etc.

I don't qualify for aways, domestic or European.

I'm not flying 5,000 miles to get in the queue at the ticket office the day of the match for late availability tickets. A local can do that though.

I guess I should stamp my feet and whigne that I want a ticket just the same as those who get them for other reasons that I don't qualify for.

But I don't do that. I only worry about what i can control and those tickets I can try to get.

And if the club sort out a few sob story cases, so be it. I'm glad they do. It's not like they do that for 5000 people every match do they?  And even though they do it for a few, I can guarantee they turn away loads of sob story requests, locals and foreigners.
Tough shit.

It's Liverpool Football Club - you decided to support a team thousands of miles away and shouldn't be given preferential treatment.
cyas

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #42 on: June 3, 2017, 12:16:24 pm »
Tough shit.

It's Liverpool Football Club - you decided to support a team thousands of miles away and shouldn't be given preferential treatment.

Ahhh, nice one.

Just for the record, Mum was from Sessions Road in Kirkdale, Gran and my great Aunt are buried in Anfield cemetery and i was born just outside Liverpool.

Thanks for asking.. :wave
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #43 on: June 3, 2017, 05:24:51 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/265265-competition-tell-us-who-is-pure-lfc-to-win-incredible-away-trip

the club are giving tickets away - ynwa !
Most people who are "Pure Liverpool" would (a) qualify for their own ticket anyway and (b) NOT want to be in the hospitality section! Typical clueless club appealing to fans not supporters
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 05:59:35 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #44 on: June 4, 2017, 03:06:07 am »
the club dont have to do it but as ive said before, they can do what they want with their tickets and i say good luck to whoever writes in and hopefully see ya there with the travelling kop - ynwa !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #45 on: June 4, 2017, 10:54:05 am »
the club dont have to do it but as ive said before, they can do what they want with their tickets and i say good luck to whoever writes in and hopefully see ya there with the travelling kop - ynwa !

You missed out the travelling wags, one timers, sponsors an corporates  ::)

It's a disgrace if you ask me but good luck to those who try and have success. 

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2017, 12:33:43 pm »
Came in here cos I'm coming over from New Zealand in August and only likely to be around for the Arsenal home game.  Interesting reading so far,  looks like a begging letter to the ticket office is order!

What are the chances two tickets would come up in the exchanges on here? Am I dreaming? Even the hospitality looks nearly sold out, not that I can afford it anyway.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2017, 09:52:12 am »
Came in here cos I'm coming over from New Zealand in August and only likely to be around for the Arsenal home game.  Interesting reading so far,  looks like a begging letter to the ticket office is order!

What are the chances two tickets would come up in the exchanges on here? Am I dreaming? Even the hospitality looks nearly sold out, not that I can afford it anyway.

Might depend on what day the game ends up being on - if its Monday night game for example I'd say you might have quite a good chance on the exchange

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2017, 11:13:43 am »
Might depend on what day the game ends up being on - if its Monday night game for example I'd say you might have quite a good chance on the exchange

It won't be Monday, as it's a European midweek, and TV have to choose the games next month. Similarly, unlikely to be Sunday.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2017, 11:24:30 am »
It won't be Monday, as it's a European midweek, and TV have to choose the games next month. Similarly, unlikely to be Sunday.

It's an international week following. Doesn't make it any less likely to be Sunday

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2017, 11:26:37 am »
Sorry, you're right. I thought the Arsenal game was September, not August.