Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4151446 times)

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #70440 on: June 24, 2022, 12:27:29 pm »
Green piss laboured to a decision win over his journeyman opponent. Miller weighed 341 pounds  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Am I crazy for thinking Srisaket Sor Rungsavai can beat Jesse Rodriguez? He is 7/2 to win which is a bit mad. I know he is likely on the slide but you can't count out a fighter of this quality with his power. Incredible to think that after 5 fights, his record was 1-3-1 and he was knocked out twice. Since then, he has gone 48-2 (losses to Estrada and Cuadras) with 42 KOs, beating Chocolatito twice and Estrada; and I think he would have beaten Cuadras in the rematch if it had gone ahead.

Goes to show that you shouldn't necessarily write fighters off after early losses. Sadly, that happens a lot these days.
I would have Rungsavai as a favorite. He is ring number one in the division and Rodriguez is 22, in his second title fight and is jumping up two weights.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70441 on: June 24, 2022, 02:35:32 pm »
WHY THE FUCK IS THAT PISS HEAD STILL GETTING A LICENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE? :no

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #70442 on: June 24, 2022, 03:20:35 pm »
I would have Rungsavai as a favorite. He is ring number one in the division and Rodriguez is 22, in his second title fight and is jumping up two weights.
It's a pick 'em for me. Rungsavai post-Gonzalez would probably lay Rodriguez out but the suspicion is he is on the decline and at the lower weights, that decline can become precipitous very quickly. Gonzalez took on Cuadras at fairly late notice and won handily. He is young, very talented and very much on the up.

On the other side of the coin, as you said, despite his big win, Rodriguez is new to this level and up against a teak tough veteran. Rungsavai is also a beast at 115 and hits incredibly hard; harder than anyone Rodriguez has ever faced. I also suspect Cuadras is over the hill and think Rungsavai would have beaten him had the fight not been postponed. I've gone Rungsavai at 7/2 anyway and 13/2 to win via stoppage; those odds are far too long IMO.

WHY THE FUCK IS THAT PISS HEAD STILL GETTING A LICENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE? :no
New to boxing mate?  ;D

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70443 on: June 24, 2022, 03:24:58 pm »
It's a pick 'em for me. Rungsavai post-Gonzalez would probably lay Rodriguez out but the suspicion is he is on the decline and at the lower weights, that decline can become precipitous very quickly. Gonzalez took on Cuadras at fairly late notice and won handily. He is young, very talented and very much on the up.

On the other side of the coin, as you said, despite his big win, Rodriguez is new to this level and up against a teak tough veteran. Rungsavai is also a beast at 115 and hits incredibly hard; harder than anyone Rodriguez has ever faced. I also suspect Cuadras is over the hill and think Rungsavai would have beaten him had the fight not been postponed. I've gone Rungsavai at 7/2 anyway and 13/2 to win via stoppage; those odds are far too long IMO.
New to boxing mate?  ;D
At 7/2 it is a no brainer bet.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70444 on: June 24, 2022, 03:26:09 pm »
At 7/2 it is a no brainer bet.
Inactivity at his age is the other concern but we'll see!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70445 on: June 24, 2022, 04:37:32 pm »

New to boxing mate?  ;D

;D

How fuckin' corrupt do you have to be to not grant a license to a lad who pisses in the colours of the rainbow evrey other week?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70446 on: June 25, 2022, 08:58:29 pm »
Naz in Saudi. I hope he's doing punditry on the night.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70447 on: June 25, 2022, 09:48:43 pm »
Naz in Saudi. I hope he's doing punditry on the night.  ;D

The best pundit in the business ;D

Mad how he probably weighs more than AJ these days!

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70448 on: June 26, 2022, 01:01:22 pm »
Father Time caught up with the Thai tank. Rodriguez is legit.

Online rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #70449 on: June 26, 2022, 04:03:47 pm »
Father Time caught up with the Thai tank. Rodriguez is legit.

Yep, he looked done didn't he. Speed and timing had gone.

Rodriguez looks really exciting.
20 and 7

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70450 on: June 26, 2022, 09:30:10 pm »
Aye, he looks a real talent. They say he could end up as high as Lightweight.

Chocolatito might be a future contender for him too.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70451 on: June 26, 2022, 09:52:07 pm »
Aye, he looks a real talent. They say he could end up as high as Lightweight.

Chocolatito might be a future contender for him too.
Rodriguez's timing could be incredible. In theory, he could end up with Cuadras, Rungsavai, Chocolatito, and Estrada on his record  :o

That's an absolute murderer's row of fighters at that weight.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70452 on: June 27, 2022, 09:44:37 am »
Bam is incredible.

Think he should do one fight at 108 and then try and clear up at 112.

Looks like Nakatani is next though. Then I imagine a unification With Cesar Martinez.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #70453 on: June 27, 2022, 05:56:05 pm »
The best pundit in the business ;D

Mad how he probably weighs more than AJ these days!

Naz vs Eddie Hall bookit

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70454 on: June 27, 2022, 07:00:10 pm »

Naz vs Eddie Hall bookit
Be interesting to see if Eddie Hall could lift him ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70455 on: June 27, 2022, 07:05:57 pm »
https://twitter.com/MatchroomBoxing/status/1541119102617415683

Check out this analogy from Delboy from his face-off against Pulev.  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70456 on: June 27, 2022, 07:46:40 pm »
https://twitter.com/MatchroomBoxing/status/1541119102617415683

Check out this analogy from Delboy from his face-off against Pulev.  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Incredibly harsh on the ladies of Timbuktu that ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70457 on: June 29, 2022, 08:54:30 pm »
Triple G calling Canelo a drug cheat again. Saying you'd have to be a big clown to test positive for PED's in a combat sport.  ;D

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70458 on: June 30, 2022, 03:44:32 pm »
Triple G calling Canelo a drug cheat again. Saying you'd have to be a big clown to test positive for PED's in a combat sport.  ;D
I do get what Canelo is saying. GGG is a sly twat. I still like him but he keeps on making comments on the side and not saying anything to Canelo's face.

Also looks like Don King has pulled another fast one and not paid Dubois.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70459 on: July 1, 2022, 04:54:08 pm »
Juan Estrada vs Roman ‘Chocolatito’ Gonzalez III is reportedly now being planned to take place next in November/December. [@ESPNmx]

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70460 on: July 2, 2022, 01:59:00 pm »
Joe Joyce in action tonight lads.  :wave

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70461 on: July 2, 2022, 03:20:22 pm »
Breidis has just  been beaten by some Aussie lad.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70462 on: July 2, 2022, 03:27:06 pm »
1892 was on the Breidis train a lot.   ;D

Never been convinced he was really that good.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70463 on: July 2, 2022, 03:35:54 pm »
Breidis has just  been beaten by some Aussie lad.
Sounds like a hell of a fight. Apparently the Aussie fought for 10 rounds with a broken jaw!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70464 on: July 2, 2022, 03:43:24 pm »
Apparently he's got Dave Whelan's genes.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70465 on: July 2, 2022, 07:50:56 pm »
1892 was on the Breidis train a lot.   ;D

Never been convinced he was really that good.
He.was good but he's getting on to be honest. Still shocked he lost to this guy!

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70466 on: July 2, 2022, 07:53:58 pm »
Sounds like a hell of a fight. Apparently the Aussie fought for 10 rounds with a broken jaw!
No. He sustained it in round 11. Briedis had his nose broken in round 4 which fucked his breathing. The Aussie was supposedly almost taken out but hung on.

Briedis wins the rematch via stylish KO 😛

Suck it Maltese Samie, the Latvian legend will rise again!
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 07:56:06 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70467 on: July 2, 2022, 08:04:53 pm »
Joe Joyce in action tonight lads.  :wave
I think Juggernaut might get this done inside 6. Hammer isn't up to much and was stopped in 5 by Hughie Fury.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 08:38:17 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70468 on: July 2, 2022, 09:37:13 pm »
Hammer is shite isn't he mate? I mean it's the Heavyweight division and one punch can make a difference but he's shite.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70469 on: July 2, 2022, 10:03:07 pm »
What a knockout
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70470 on: July 2, 2022, 10:04:22 pm »
 ;D

That was bullshit.  Now for the main event.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70471 on: July 2, 2022, 11:50:38 pm »
What was the point I ask myself? What exactly did Joe get out of this other than a payday?

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70472 on: July 3, 2022, 12:38:00 pm »
What was the point I ask myself? What exactly did Joe get out of this other than a payday?
Him vs Dubois was meant to be some bridge to a world title shot I thought? Since then, Dubois has fought tomato cans while Joyce hasn't beaten much better.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70473 on: July 3, 2022, 12:47:18 pm »
The whole heavyweight division is in a bit of a holding pattern until someone unifies and the 4 belts scatter into the wind.

There's going to be some Martin v Glazkov level title fights coming up in the next couple of years, so none of the guys on the fringe are going to be taking risks for a while.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70474 on: July 3, 2022, 11:19:30 pm »
Callum Smith next fight if he were to win will be the next mandatory for Artur Beterbiev's WBC Light-Heavyweight title.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70475 on: July 3, 2022, 11:41:24 pm »

Makes sense. Since losing to canelo he's had one fight at 175 against someone not very good so naturally he'll get a world title shot 😑

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70476 on: July 4, 2022, 10:11:00 am »
Makes sense. Since losing to canelo he's had one fight at 175 against someone not very good so naturally he'll get a world title shot 😑
This is a weird way of thinking. He was the ring champion at the weight below and lost to the pound for pound number 1 at the time. Of course, he then is fast-tracked to a title at the higher weight. 

Do you want him to start at the bottom of the rankings again?

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70477 on: July 4, 2022, 11:53:31 am »
This is a weird way of thinking. He was the ring champion at the weight below and lost to the pound for pound number 1 at the time. Of course, he then is fast-tracked to a title at the higher weight. 

Do you want him to start at the bottom of the rankings again?
I'd like him to beat someone better than Lenin Castillo to join the hunt for a world title! I think a fighter's achievements at a different weight shouldn't count for a huge amount when moving up or down weight divisions. They should have to beat contenders to get title shots. When you're a former world champion, it is easier to get yourself in a position to fight a top 10 fighter at a weight class quickly than if you're just another contender moving up the ladder. Smith can get a fight against someone like Buatsi, Yarde, Browne, or Ramirez more easily than someone coming through the 175 ranks for example.

No issue in Callum getting a LHW world title shot as long as he beats a high-ranking contender first. Castillo isn't ranked top 10 by any of the major organisations.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2022, 11:55:12 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70478 on: July 4, 2022, 12:07:32 pm »
I'd like him to beat someone better than Lenin Castillo to join the hunt for a world title! I think a fighter's achievements at a different weight shouldn't count for a huge amount when moving up or down weight divisions. They should have to beat contenders to get title shots. When you're a former world champion, it is easier to get yourself in a position to fight a top 10 fighter at a weight class quickly than if you're just another contender moving up the ladder. Smith can get a fight against someone like Buatsi, Yarde, Browne, or Ramirez more easily than someone coming through the 175 ranks for example.

No issue in Callum getting a LHW world title shot as long as he beats a high-ranking contender first. Castillo isn't ranked top 10 by any of the major organisations.
Yes maybe. But if you can get an eliminator by fighting Castillo you should take it.

But yes of course the bodies are a joke. I don't have a problem with a guy moving up and being in the rankings for the weight above straight away as it will lead to better fights.

I do agree that I would like the top British guys at that weight to fight each other tough. Any of the 3 you mention would be incredible fights.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70479 on: July 4, 2022, 03:08:40 pm »
Yes maybe. But if you can get an eliminator by fighting Castillo you should take it.

But yes of course the bodies are a joke. I don't have a problem with a guy moving up and being in the rankings for the weight above straight away as it will lead to better fights.

I do agree that I would like the top British guys at that weight to fight each other tough. Any of the 3 you mention would be incredible fights.
I'd love to see Smith vs Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez. Zurdo was a world champion at 168, is 44-0 and I'm still unsure as to how good he is  ;D