Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 340705 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Chelsea FC - Sponsored by “The Liquidator"
« Reply #26880 on: June 25, 2022, 07:01:22 pm »
More twitter rumours and various journalists going with the 100 million being spent on Dembele and Sterling. I would still like to know how they are spending this much dosh, considering their recent circumstances. Also swooping for Dembele is a risk with his injury record and more importantly who else will be leaving? De Ligt also on the wanted list.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 07:10:50 pm by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26881 on: June 25, 2022, 07:18:07 pm »
Boehly in charge of recruitment looks fun.

Sterling who's been on the decline and 28 will be on a massive wage 300k a week plus if he signs

Dembele the definition of a sicknote with a shit attitude no application whatsoever.

Ronaldo 38 years and on massive wages.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26882 on: June 25, 2022, 07:19:25 pm »
This guy has no idea what he's doing. If he seriously thinks Mikey Edwards joins Chelsea with them signing Dembele, Sterling and Ronaldo there's a bridge in San Francisco I'd like to sell him.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26883 on: June 25, 2022, 07:23:32 pm »
Boehly in charge of recruitment looks fun.

Sterling who's been on the decline and 28 will be on a massive wage 300k a week plus if he signs

Dembele the definition of a sicknote with a shit attitude no application whatsoever.

Ronaldo 38 years and on massive wages.

Dembele has played for Tuchel before, though I agree his injury record would be a severe concern. As would how often he is said to be open to be leaving but then stays put in Barca. We seem to get this every season.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #26884 on: June 25, 2022, 07:49:04 pm »
Where's all this talk of them signing Ronaldo come from? Surely not.

Imagine a left hand side of Marcos Alonso and Ronaldo ... Yikes
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26885 on: June 25, 2022, 11:19:13 pm »

Ronaldo is only playing upfront these days ...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26886 on: June 25, 2022, 11:37:46 pm »

Manchester United and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, is interested in a move away from Old Trafford because of the club's lack of signings so far in the transfer window. (Manchester Evening News)

New Chelsea owner Todd Boehly met with super-agent Jorge Mendes, and the idea of Ronaldo moving to Stamford Bridge was among the topics discussed. (The Athletic - subscription required)

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26887 on: June 25, 2022, 11:48:38 pm »
What a drop off from the Roman money no object machine to let’s buy Ronaldo because he’s the only name we know. Might as well sign Beckham too.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26888 on: June 26, 2022, 12:05:58 am »
Manchester United and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, is interested in a move away from Old Trafford because of the club's lack of signings so far in the transfer window. (Manchester Evening News)

That's 100% a Gary Neville bit of work that. I'll bet they quoted "sources close to the club" or some shite.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26889 on: June 26, 2022, 12:09:49 am »

New Chelsea owner Todd Boehly met with super-agent Jorge Mendes, and the idea of Ronaldo moving to Stamford Bridge was among the topics discussed. (The Athletic - subscription required)

So Dorian Gray wants away from Old Trafford because they don't share his ambitions.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #26890 on: June 26, 2022, 09:56:23 am »
That's 100% a Gary Neville bit of work that. I'll bet they quoted "sources close to the club" or some shite.

It's all fluff. United are hardly going to sell their main goalscorer and an all time legend to a rival for a top 4 finish, not to mention risk another riot, they're already terrified of their thuggish fans. They'd let him go back to Portugal or something.

Chelsea probably chancing their arm as a vanity project to try and get their name and sponsorships back on track.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26891 on: June 26, 2022, 10:17:23 am »
It's all fluff. United are hardly going to sell their main goalscorer and an all time legend to a rival for a top 4 finish, not to mention risk another riot, they're already terrified of their thuggish fans. They'd let him go back to Portugal or something.

Chelsea probably chancing their arm as a vanity project to try and get their name and sponsorships back on track.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ronaldo had some kind of get out clause, they were already a mess before he joined and they seemed desperate to get him.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26892 on: June 26, 2022, 10:51:49 am »
I wouldn't be shocked if Ronaldo had some kind of get out clause, they were already a mess before he joined and they seemed desperate to get him.

I thought i heard last year that he did have a clause based on CL qualification, i.e. he could leave for a CL team if United didn’t qualify. Ronaldo playing in the CL is an important part of his brand while he’s still playing. I doubt he is happy about missing a season in the CL at his age.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26893 on: June 26, 2022, 09:45:54 pm »

Defs. Right out of the Gold and Sullivan playbook that one too

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26894 on: June 26, 2022, 10:05:10 pm »
To be honest, I won't be surprised if Chelsea go after Neymar, if he is put on the market this summer ...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #26895 on: June 26, 2022, 10:57:04 pm »
To be honest, I won't be surprised if Chelsea go after Neymar, if he is put on the market this summer ...
neymar?

Has Manchester United written all over it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #26896 on: June 26, 2022, 11:13:52 pm »
neymar?

That'd be something... Please, Fowler, make it happen!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26897 on: June 26, 2022, 11:36:22 pm »
neymar?

Only if Ronaldo goes to Chelsea ...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #26898 on: June 27, 2022, 05:25:13 pm »
Chelsea FC@ChelseaFC
Petr Cech, Technical and Performance Advisor, will leave his role effective 30 June.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26899 on: June 27, 2022, 05:38:52 pm »
This should be fun, mad mix of people with zero experience of football adminiatration and all the old guard have gone so they will be doing most of the leg work this summer

https://theathletic.com/3375556/2022/06/27/chelsea-board-owners-billionaires/?source=twitteruk

A nine-strong board was announced last week as the chairman Todd Boehly and his fellow investors and directors seek to execute their “long-term vision and plan for the club”. The ownership have promised to back Thomas Tuchel, Emma Hayes and their respective teams, and, according to the representatives of Clearlake Capital, “will provide proactive, unbending support” to push the club on

They are about as eclectic as mix as is possible, ranging from the Conservative peer with an addiction to Diet Coke to the owner of a nature reserve which is home to tigers and rhinos; a highly respected music PR executive who counts Keith Richards and Madonna as friends to a former tennis player on the ATP circuit. Their stories loosely link hikes in the Rockies to Bruce Springsteen’s back catalogue and, well, pork rind. And, where once there was only Abramovich, now there are five billionaires on the board.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26900 on: June 27, 2022, 08:58:13 pm »
It could be difficult for them to keep a top 4 place next season with what Arsenal and Spurs are chucking about.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26901 on: June 27, 2022, 09:12:57 pm »
It could be difficult for them to keep a top 4 place next season with what Arsenal and Spurs are chucking about.

New ownership...desperately need a goal scoring forward...need to replace tons of experience in Rudiger and Christensen...lots of deadwood in the squad. And with a coach at the helm who's only a moments notice from spouting off and pointing fingers when things start to go awry.

An interesting summer and pre-season ahead for Chelsea.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26902 on: June 29, 2022, 12:09:24 pm »
It's a bit annoying that they look like giving Man City too much money for Sterling and Ake.  Both had classic Man City "drift along to eventual free transfer" aura around them - albeit it would have taken Ake a few years to get there.  Now they'll be able to use those sales to justify further splurges in the transfer market.

I wonder if Boehly is aware that there's a lot of talented footballers playing outside the Premier League and that they generally cost a lost less.  Hopefully by the time he realises that or employs somebody that already knows it they'll have splurged the get-the-fans-onside transfer budget and not really improved the team.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26903 on: June 29, 2022, 12:15:18 pm »
It’s a bit strange to let your CF go then buy 2 wingers( if Sterling goes there). Unless they’re planning g on bringing a striker in aswell.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26904 on: June 29, 2022, 12:20:13 pm »
It’s a bit strange to let your CF go then buy 2 wingers( if Sterling goes there). Unless they’re planning g on bringing a striker in aswell.
What I've been told by a Chelsea supporting work colleague is that Sterling has been assured he will be the main man for them and be played through the middle.  When he did that for Man City I was a bit underwhelmed and finishing is still the weakest part of his game.

In Boehly we trust  ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26905 on: June 29, 2022, 12:29:18 pm »

To be honest, Sterling and Raphinha are not wingers. They are inverted wide forwards, and would probably play either side of Havertz as the false 9. It will be interesting to see how Mount, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi and Broja will be used, assuming that Werner and Ziyech will be moved ...

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26906 on: June 29, 2022, 12:42:23 pm »
To be honest, Sterling and Raphinha are not wingers. They are inverted wide forwards, and would probably play either side of Havertz as the false 9. It will be interesting to see how Mount, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi and Broja will be used, assuming that Werner and Ziyech will be moved ...

Yeah, you have to assume that Havertz will continue to be 1st choice as the CF with everyone else mentioned playing as wide forwards. 

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26907 on: June 29, 2022, 01:20:58 pm »
The issue for them will be getting rid of deadwood because of the inflated wages they are on.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #26908 on: June 29, 2022, 03:22:31 pm »
A bidding war with for Neymar between Chelsea and United, with United eventually declaring they weren't interested when Neymar says he doesn't want to go there. That could be fun.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26909 on: June 29, 2022, 06:53:47 pm »
A bidding war with for Neymar between Chelsea and United, with United eventually declaring they weren't interested when Neymar says he doesn't want to go there. That could be fun.
Personally I prefer the fax that’s sent too late. But I’ll happily accept your scenario as well

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26910 on: June 29, 2022, 11:35:50 pm »
Story about turmoil inside Chelsea’s marketing department, accusations of bullying, staff leaving on mental health concerns and a suicide of a popular and much loved employee.

This was tough to report. Thanks to people who spoke with me.

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1542258625627955201

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26911 on: June 30, 2022, 08:51:12 am »
You can’t make this up! Chelsea in the process of having to pay money to bring a former youth player back, in the form of Nathan Ake. 😀

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26912 on: June 30, 2022, 07:24:25 pm »
Is there anyone at the Plastics that Jurgen would genuinely be interested in?, Hudson-Odoi maybe if the price was right?, he's got a high ceiling that lad, he won't reach it rotting on the bench for that shower of shit.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26913 on: June 30, 2022, 07:25:37 pm »
You can’t make this up! Chelsea in the process of having to pay money to bring a former youth player back, in the form of Nathan Ake. 😀
They bought Matic and Luiz twice too didn't they?(I know they weren't youth products), so they've got form.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26914 on: July 2, 2022, 12:14:15 am »
Raphinha has chosen Barca apparently.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26915 on: July 2, 2022, 12:38:22 am »
Is there anyone at the Plastics that Jurgen would genuinely be interested in?, Hudson-Odoi maybe if the price was right?, he's got a high ceiling that lad, he won't reach it rotting on the bench for that shower of shit.

Maybe Conor Gallagher.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #26916 on: July 2, 2022, 12:45:38 am »
Raphinha has chosen Barca apparently.

All this talk of Barca penny pinching, then signing an expensive 25-something one-season wonder from Leeds, completely untried at anything near Barca's level. Couldn't make this up ;D
Linudden.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26917 on: July 2, 2022, 12:48:43 am »
All this talk of Barca penny pinching, then signing an expensive 25-something one-season wonder from Leeds, completely untried at anything near Barca's level. Couldn't make this up ;D

I think they’ve sold off a chunk of their tv rights, so they’ll pretend they’re fine again now.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26918 on: July 2, 2022, 06:46:36 am »
It's a bit annoying that they look like giving Man City too much money for Sterling and Ake.  Both had classic Man City "drift along to eventual free transfer" aura around them - albeit it would have taken Ake a few years to get there.  Now they'll be able to use those sales to justify further splurges in the transfer market.

I wonder if Boehly is aware that there's a lot of talented footballers playing outside the Premier League and that they generally cost a lost less.  Hopefully by the time he realises that or employs somebody that already knows it they'll have splurged the get-the-fans-onside transfer budget and not really improved the team.

They love buying back their old rejects don't they? Shame they fucked it with Salah and De Bruyne. The best 2 or 3 players in the league over the last 5-10 years.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26919 on: July 7, 2022, 09:09:51 am »
Sterling coming in as their highest earner, according to The Times.