Author Topic: PL: Crystal Palace 1 v 3 Liverpool VVD 8’ Ox 32’ Edouard 54’ Fabinho 89’  (Read 28155 times)

Offline Hi72

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
3 points all that matter today.  Two points I would make though:-

- Not a penalty for me, Diogo moved towards the keeper deliberately as he had lost control of the ball and the chance had gone.  Having said that, not often we get a gift from a Ref so more than welcome!

- The drop off in the second half was partially down to tiredness and partially down to the fact Palace played better - more long balls between Midfield and defensive lines and began to play through our press - our timing looked off. 

First half an hour was superb football though.  Now let the lads have a well earned break and recharge the batteries.  Much better January than last season and off to Wembley.  Get in!

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
Keeper was nowhere near the ball and obstructed Jota's run....the ball was still gettable for Jota, had he not been impeded (felled)....so for me, that was a pen all day long!!

Anyway....1-2 would have got the win without the pen!!

You take anything and everything when you're hunting down the PL title I'm afraid guys!!
YNWA

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
Will take it all day long. To come out of the AFCON period which everyone was dreading, with 3 wins out of 3 plus a trip to Wembley booked, is about all we could ask for really.

The talk will be dominated by the ever boring was-it, wasn΄t-it penalty chat (wasn΄t a pen for me!!) - but ultimately it was inconsequential. 3 points, and a little bit of ground gained on City. That΄s what matters.

Let us not forget that we will also have Thiago and Harvey Elliot back along with the AFCON lads. We could be looking at heading in to the home stretch with virtually a full strength squad. City have a mad squad of course, but they will start to feel the legs hurting soon enough. Win the game in hand, do them at the Emptyhad, we're within 3 points. It's almost the reverse of 13/14, and very much still on.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Watch it again….. jota moves away from the path of the ball and deliberately into the keeper to win the pen. Not complaining that we got the pen, but come on… if that was given against us people would be fuming.
Yes we would, but we would be wrong. The ball is irrelevant, as long as its in play

I mean, do you actually think its ok to slide tackle players if they don't have control of the ball?
That would open up for very different kind of defending, especially at corners.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Some will say never a pen. Some might say soft. I personally think its a stone waller. He slid into Jota with his left knee and took him out. Jota was trying to leap around him.

Agreed. Prevented Jota from attempting to get to the ball.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Squad down to the bare bones so we had no chance to rotate from Thursday and it showed. Brilliant win under the circumstances.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
All things considered, a most satisfactory weekend...

Everton fans must've loved that VAR non-pen  ;D

They'll be incandescent with fume.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Watch it again….. jota moves away from the path of the ball and deliberately into the keeper to win the pen. Not complaining that we got the pen, but come on… if that was given against us people would be fuming.
Don't think it was deliberately into the keeper - he was trying to flick the ball over the keeper (but toed it into touch) and follow it. But yeah, not a pen, because it was Jota's change of direction that caused contact (keeper is allowed to be there).

Last of 17 games in 64 days between breaks. Need a rest; looks like we intended to blow them away in the first 30 and then sit on it, but didn't quite take the chances we could have done.

Sets us up nicely for the rest of the season, though.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
I wish they'd ask Roy Keane about Gallagher's dive. Might actually hear for once someone lash that nonsense properly on Sky.
SOS member 7832

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
The save from the back heel was fantastic.
It was indeed, there was some power in it. But I think Robbo would have had it anyway.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thought it was nailed on.

I’ll take my rose tinted spectacles off  and put my refereeing kit on to judge it though. Still nailed on.

Think Jota clearly played for that pen. Still, we probably would have won anyway, but think we got a decision there.

We were on a whole just spent. Think the Arsenal game really took a lot out of the team. Firmino in particular looked like he was struggling for the entire 2nd half.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
It’s a penalty.

The controversial decision is our 2nd.

Think offside rules have changed a bit but I believe it was given due to Firmino not touching ball

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
3 points on the board, it doesn't matter how, why or whether it's deserved.

Win beautifully or win ugly, who the fuck cares!!

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
That’ll do. Palace made a match of it second half. We looked leggy and they took advantage. Good win.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
Certainly not a pen, VAR is a farce, but we probably would’ve scraped a win anyway.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
For everyone on here saying that was a pen need to just imagine the fewm on here if that VAR decision had been against us..

We got the rub of the green at a very difficult time in the game for us.. Doesn't happen very often, but when it does, we should be able to call a spade a spade..

Made up we got the 3 points..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Will Hughes makes snidey dirty tackles for a 94 year old senior man.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
3pts by hook or ny crook and that's one game down and required result obtained.

Carragher seems to forget that we've more than a fair share of shithouse decisions go against us, so about time we benefitted, however, the letter of the law is that it was a penatly. Whether you think it's soft or not is irrespective. It's a pen

Concern for me is that we're still giving the ball away cheaply and the cripsness/power of our passing just falls off too many times recently. Could well be tiredness, but when the zip goes out of our game, we put ourselves back under needlessly.

Anyway, take the points, take tge break, get the players back from injury/AFCON and resume. See where it takes us. We've gone on long winning streaks before and are more than capable of doing it again and to be honest, I'd be playing it like the pressure is off and go fill yer boots. If we close the gap to about 4-5pts, then I recking Pep will shite himself as will that side of theirs as we'll be in their heads.

Only question from today is: Who's next?
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Good to see us grind out an important win. I just hope the lads have a few weeks to recover so their stamina matches their mentality. :)

Re the penno, we've had more blatant ones denied us, so in this situation I see it as a bit of payback. Three points are all that matters here though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Sorry, but I still think it was a penalty, goalie makes no effort to actually touch the ball.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
They'll be incandescent with fume.

If the couple of texts I've just had are indicative...that's exactly what they are
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
It`s a penalty.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
I thought the one at Spurs was more of a pen. I think Jota played for it. Swings and roundabouts

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Never a penalty.  Overall we got away with one today and I don’t give a shit.  We’ve weathered the ‘No Salah, No Mane’ storm quite well and the international break has come at a good time.

Matip was poor again, wonder if he’s physically shattered after playing, for him, a lot of football.

Alisson is God amongst men.  Glorious bastard.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
The argument that the ball has gone away from him. That’s not true. Watch the replay. The ball bounced about 4 times before it gone out of the pitch. Jota would have got there.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Fuck everything else

Won one of our games in hand and are three points closer

It’s a win in the league in London. Doesn’t happen often

Onwards

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
They won’t, they’ll be celebrating whilst the likes of yourself and tubby are thinking you’ve been vindicated because we got a decision ;)

D'you think you'll ever go a week without calling out another poster who isn't even involved in the conversation?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Agreed. Prevented Jota from attempting to get to the ball.

Jota leaned into him,watch it again he has a look and makes th4e decision for the ref not the keeper ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
Only managed to tune in at the 75th minute. Turned off as soon as Fab's pen hit the net.

Couldn't cope with Carragher whining shite about the pen. Jota was easily going to reach that ball and cut it back. Clear pen.

Huge 3 points, that!

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Will Hughes makes snidey dirty tackles for a 94 year old senior man.
Remember when we were linked with him for about 3 summers straight? Never gone on to do much.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
I thought it was a cert pen.  Prevented Jota getting to or attempting to get to the ball.
I don’t think it was a penalty and I’m as biased as it comes

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Two big decisions gone our way this week....a bit of Manc good-fortune feels nice...unexpected...but nice
Two?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Has there ever been a more clear and obvious, a more ruggedly handsome Man of the Match performance than Ali put in today?
That's one that doesn't need to go to VAR
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Never a pen for me. Pretty sure we would have won anyway so its mostly irrelevant although it helped see out the last 5 mins obviously.

Job done. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Clear penno. Thank the lord for that as shambolic performance after the 2nd goal.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
I think our second was very dubious. Firmino is clearly offside, and hes affecting the CB

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The penalty area seems to be the one place on the pitch where the ball being gone apparently makes it less of foul for some reason.

Its bizarre, some people on twitter say it wasnt a pen cos Jota isnt getting the ball,  it doesnt mater if he wasnt
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
We were 2-1 up with a couple of minutes to go. The penalty was nice to all but finish the game but it’s hardly the decisive moment of the match.
Exactly. We either win 1-3 or 1-2. Who really cares if it was or it wasn’t?!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
D'you think you'll ever go a week without calling out another poster who isn't even involved in the conversation?

:D

Literally within minutes of full time in the VAR thread

:-X

I don’t think there are rules that you can’t mention other threads in….other threads, are there?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Absolutely exhausting having to listen to Carragher tie himself in knots trying to not sound biased for Liverpool.

Just shut up you fucking meff.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel