Author Topic: LC: Arsenal 0 vs 2 Liverpool (0-2) Jota 19’ 78’  (Read 21805 times)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: LC: Arsenal 0 vs 2 Liverpool (0-2) Jota 19’ 78’
« Reply #480 on: January 21, 2022, 03:13:11 pm »
Me neither mate. Klopp was prolly just not trying to be a downer when asked about him. He won't say anything bad about an opposition player- especially a young player so I take his compliment with a bit of salt.
I don't think any manager out there would say... "He's okay." When asked about a player that had a good game.

Klopp wasn't asked about him, he went out of his way to praise him, it isn't something Klopp does for every opposition player.

Online lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: January 21, 2022, 04:34:52 pm »
Klopp wasn't asked about him, he went out of his way to praise him, it isn't something Klopp does for every opposition player.
Yep, just came out with it without being asked.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #482 on: January 21, 2022, 04:50:28 pm »
Klopp knows talent when he sees it....not the first time he's waxed lyrical about Martinelli....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: January 21, 2022, 04:59:10 pm »
Just started practicing my booing technique for the national anthem

Just watch Everton
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: January 21, 2022, 05:58:54 pm »
I really rate Martinelli. Cracking lay off to Trent for our second.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #485 on: January 21, 2022, 06:04:18 pm »
I'm not talking about his career or season in general, just last night. A few were talking about how well he played and what a danger he was, but I just didn't see it. The two shots that I can remember would have been dreadful goalkeeping mistakes if they went in, the crosses who put in weren't dangerous at all, he won a few corners but then we were so dominant at set pieces I imagine it was almost a tactic that we'd rather concede a corner than concede a cross in open play

He also skinned Virgil and would have been in but for fantastic work by Fabinho. I thought he was quality last night.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: January 21, 2022, 06:12:32 pm »
In the first half I thought we were strangely reactive, relying on them making mistakes rather than creating opportunities ourselves - though they really were making a lot of mistakes, and I guess you could say that was in great part because of the press. In the second half I thought we were excellent.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #487 on: January 21, 2022, 06:25:06 pm »
Just watch Everton

We can't possibly compete with them.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: January 21, 2022, 06:26:54 pm »
We can't possibly compete with them.

Can't fail to learn from the masters
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: January 21, 2022, 06:28:53 pm »
A much more straight-forward win than I was expecting, particularly considering how the first leg went and the narrative around the false positives and change of stadium. The best teams go away to "big clubs" and win. What a signing Jota has been.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #490 on: January 21, 2022, 06:54:47 pm »
A much more straight-forward win than I was expecting, particularly considering how the first leg went and the narrative around the false positives and change of stadium. The best teams go away to "big clubs" and win. What a signing Jota has been.

Funny enough, early in the first leg I had the feeling that if we were to get to Wembley we'd have to go to Arsenal and win there.

The streams I had in the first half last night were shite, but I could tell Arsenal had their tails up early on but failed to score. Once we weathered that I felt pretty comfortable and relaxed. We are just too far ahead of them, even without our top two forwards, and on the night it really did show.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: January 21, 2022, 07:10:53 pm »
We have had a lot of false dawns with young keepers in the recent past. Carson and Kirkland come to mind. But Kelleher definitely seems the real deal. I don't feel nervous when he plays and hopefully he can only get better.

I was watching the post match celebrations and saw Kelleher and Jones together, with Alexander-Arnold just in front of them. Great isn't it, to have to have Academy players winning semi-finals against Premier League opposition :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: January 21, 2022, 07:14:23 pm »
Funny enough, early in the first leg I had the feeling that if we were to get to Wembley we'd have to go to Arsenal and win there.

The streams I had in the first half last night were shite, but I could tell Arsenal had their tails up early on but failed to score. Once we weathered that I felt pretty comfortable and relaxed. We are just too far ahead of them, even without our top two forwards, and on the night it really did show.

It is interesting. Had the first leg been at the Emirates and we'd managed to heroically keep it 0-0 despite having a player sent off and having our backs against the wall for most of the game I'd imagine virtually everyone on here would expect us to go back to Anfield and win.

But it's the other way round and they're just unable to use that energy in a positive way at all. Quality is a big part of it of course. Mentality too. But maybe something else? I'm not entirely sure how to put it. Motivation? "Game intelligence?"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:16:51 pm by StevoHimself »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #493 on: January 21, 2022, 07:21:48 pm »
Just watch Everton
Bring your own boos, very popular in London.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: January 21, 2022, 07:23:41 pm »
Bring your own boos, very popular in London.
LOL nice.  :)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #495 on: January 21, 2022, 07:24:37 pm »
It is interesting. Had the first leg been at the Emirates and we'd managed to heroically keep it 0-0 despite having a player sent off and having our backs against the wall for most of the game I'd imagine virtually everyone on here would expect us to go back to Anfield and win.

But it's the other way round and they're just unable to use that energy in a positive way at all. Quality is a big part of it of course. Mentality too. But maybe something else? I'm not entirely sure how to put it. Motivation? "Game intelligence?"
I might be totally wrong with this, but I wonder if they were just a little complacent too?

Coming to Anfield for a second leg terrifies most clubs. As it transpired, the legs ended up getting switched and they got an unexpected draw up here. Maybe they then believed the fates were on their side and they'd see us off in front of their own fans?

On the other hand, we had been slagged off by all and sundry because of the first leg postponement. We had all sorts of people casting aspersions our way. We drew the Anfield leg we were expected to win, so our backs were up against the wall a bit, and that's how we like it.

I think they possibly thought last night would have been easier for them and that they'd already done the hard bit after holding us with ten men at Anfield.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:26:14 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #496 on: January 21, 2022, 07:30:37 pm »

That only works though if the two teams are equal. We are simply a level or two above Arsenal and even at 0-0 after the first leg were overwhelming favourites to go through.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: January 21, 2022, 07:35:32 pm »
If Klopp is tapping up Martinelli, then he's doing it the best way possible. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: January 21, 2022, 07:40:00 pm »
That only works though if the two teams are equal. We are simply a level or two above Arsenal and even at 0-0 after the first leg were overwhelming favourites to go through.

Not sure that’s necessarily true, think back to the Chelsea semi in 05 for example. The difference is we turn our stadium into an absolute fucking jungle whereas arsenal looked like they were gearing up for a 90s rave before kickoff.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #499 on: January 21, 2022, 09:05:58 pm »

Needs to get Fab, Bob and Ally in on the charm offensive....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: January 21, 2022, 10:32:28 pm »
Apparently Arsenal have managed 2 shots on target in their last 3 cup ties.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #501 on: January 22, 2022, 12:39:34 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf-nTOLv1_4

Look at Millie between 07:37 onwards..

What is he signalling and doing? Especially him pushing Diogo forward?

I'm assuming (maybe wrongly!) that he's telling everyone to hurry up and celebrate with the Away fans and for Diogo to get all the praise, before they need to regroup and refocus on defending the 2 goal lead..... ?

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: January 22, 2022, 12:41:40 pm »
You know, I rather think he is!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
« Reply #503 on: January 22, 2022, 06:54:25 pm »

I'm assuming (maybe wrongly!) that he's telling everyone to hurry up and celebrate with the Away fans and for Diogo to get all the praise, before they need to regroup and refocus on defending the 2 goal lead..... ?

Nice bit of sly time wasting by Milner I thought!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: January 22, 2022, 07:00:16 pm »

Hope he doesn't take for a day out in Blackpool ;)

I'd deffo go for lad, he's always been quality when I've seen him and Klopp would work wonders with him

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: January 22, 2022, 08:52:05 pm »
Hope he doesn't take for a day out in Blackpool ;)

I'd deffo go for lad, he's always been quality when I've seen him and Klopp would work wonders with him

I like him too, 4 years left on his contract though and looks key for Arsenal.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: January 22, 2022, 09:11:07 pm »

You clever lad. I was going to mention this. I think there is another element to it. My reading of it was not just really milking the celebration of a class goal but it was to make the Arsenal players wallow in the knowledge that they were gone. Yeah lads, stand there, all set to go and watch and hear the Reds celebrate a gaol, a victory, your defeat and wait, energy and motivation just draining away until the Reds have done celebrating. You can think of all the places you'd rather be and how you're gonna explain this to the boss etc etc ... Kill the game by killing their heads.