Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195330 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
We're still fucking fighting for this you know

Leeds and Burnley have to wait and see if the Premier League can find something, and I'd love it if they did, I WOULD LOVE IT
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
We're still fucking fighting for this you know

Leeds and Burnley have to wait and see if the Premier League can find something, and I'd love it if they did, I WOULD LOVE IT

The Premier League are complicit in one of its members cooking the books. They're the ones at risk of legal action, so they'll double down if anything.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/1527561241929056259

Why is Carragher being a shitbag to placate that little runt? Can't he call a cheat a cheat? Sky knobhead.
yep, seems like a 100% chickenshit response, like he's scared of offending the little twat.  he'd be better off waiting to think up a smart-ass response, than posting that crap.

Offline Liverbird88

• Main Stander
    • My mental health forum
  ;D

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
PI" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>image share[/url]

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
tremendous

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
PI" border="0

Pep and Hitler :lmao

You warped bastard :lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Wot? No Susan?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
  Lefty Frizzell - Travellin' Blues             
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FNteJsGMDVw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FNteJsGMDVw</a>

Offline kiwiscouser

• Anny Roader
In March Everton’s CEO, Denise Barrett-Baxendale, wrote in the club’s annual accounts: “Losses of at least £170m are attributed to the impact on the club of the Covid-19 pandemic, with £103m of that figure coming in the 2020-21 financial year. “The wide-ranging impact of Covid-19 on Everton — which further market analysis has indicated could include an additional £50m — covers lost revenues, additional costs due to strict Covid-19 playing protocols and a significant contraction in the transfer market which resulted in the inability to generate the level of transfer fees which could reasonably have been expected pre-pandemic.”

I think this might be the crux of their argument, sort of along the lines of, we bought exciting prospect Sandro Ramirez for £9m, because of Covid his value fell from an expected £50m to a cut price free transfer (or something like that)

I suspect the lawyers will have to prove what everyone else knows, they bought shite and made them worse

I don’t understand how not getting expected revenue in the transfer market can contribute to to the loss in the FY.

They may have had considerable cost incurred in their new stadium which is fine but there are huge losses here compared to other clubs.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
I don’t understand how not getting expected revenue in the transfer market can contribute to to the loss in the FY.
that's what's been bugging me too.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That PED from ToffeeTV is embarrassing. Fuck sake ;D

𝗣𝗘𝗗 🇪🇺
@PED7
IMAGINE NOT BEING AN EVERTONIAN 😁
9:59 PM · May 21, 2022 from Liverpool, England·Twitter for Android
 Retweets
 Quote Tweets
https://twitter.com/PED7/status/1528118295320223746
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/1527561241929056259

Why is Carragher being a shitbag to placate that little runt? Can't he call a cheat a cheat? Sky knobhead.

Because he gobbed at a lass and now has to be SKYs gimp.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
In the summer of 2020 they still spent decent money on a few players (and heavily increased their wage bill with the likes of Rodriguez). Why did they spend that money in a depressed market if they couldn't get sales they wanted?

In January they sold one player and then went out and bought 5, despite being well over the threshold of losses.

So they suggest the market depressed their sales, well it also depressed the cost of their purchases then, which they had more of, so presumably their losses would have been greater but for Covid?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
So they suggest the market depressed their sales, well it also depressed the cost of their purchases then, which they had more of, so presumably their losses would have been greater but for Covid?

Depressed their sales? Who the fuck would they sell? They’re all shit. Genuinely cannot think of a single player they have who’d make our 2nd XI. I’d argue less then half their aside would make our 3rd

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
PI" border="0

Is that Pip as Jimmy cricket?

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
Aye, hes wearing the Official Man City match day outfit. Turn ups etc

Modelled here by some absolue fucking Plantpots

https://nightdress-cc.s3.sa-east-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/19085221/SPORT-PREVIEW-Man-City.jpg
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 11:59:52 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
In the summer of 2020 they still spent decent money on a few players (and heavily increased their wage bill with the likes of Rodriguez). Why did they spend that money in a depressed market if they couldn't get sales they wanted?

In January they sold one player and then went out and bought 5, despite being well over the threshold of losses.

Exactly, if they are claiming that covid was accentuating their losses, surely they could not afford to spend, they were over there limit when they spent. Those purchases, despite being poor, probably helped them stay ahead of Leeds and Burnley.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
that's what's been bugging me too.

Because it's completely made up and not real. Who were they selling even? It's just a way to hand wave away at their issues.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/

https://nightdress-cc.s3.sa-east-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/19085221/SPORT-PREVIEW-Man-City.jpg

strapping up their ankles in daily life

gimpish vibe that
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
In March Everton’s CEO, Denise Barrett-Baxendale, wrote in the club’s annual accounts: “Losses of at least £170m are attributed to the impact on the club of the Covid-19 pandemic, with £103m of that figure coming in the 2020-21 financial year. “The wide-ranging impact of Covid-19 on Everton — which further market analysis has indicated could include an additional £50m — covers lost revenues, additional costs due to strict Covid-19 playing protocols and a significant contraction in the transfer market which resulted in the inability to generate the level of transfer fees which could reasonably have been expected pre-pandemic.”

I think this might be the crux of their argument, sort of along the lines of, we bought exciting prospect Sandro Ramirez for £9m, because of Covid his value fell from an expected £50m to a cut price free transfer (or something like that)

I suspect the lawyers will have to prove what everyone else knows, they bought shite and made them worse

It will be hard to justify as no other club has seemed to apply such exaggerated restatements. also, they made a huge loss pre-covid. They’ve just fudged the numbers.  Having worked in accountancy, we often restate accounts when a company is up for sale. For instance, we add back costs that are allowed under tax rules but aren’t necessary costs of business (e.g. a company car, directors pensions, loan interest charges, directors mobile phones, charges made to related companies... etc). But Everton have blatantly used covid as an excuse for their losses. They’ve probably written off a lot of stuff to take advantage of covid.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

Also, If they are saying the transfer market had depressed prices due to covid, they should also declare the savings they made on those transfers. They can’t say they received £Xm less because of covid, but at the same time claim the transfer fees paid out were at pre-covid levels. That’s another reason why it looks like a complete fudge to me. And it’ll be what Leeds and Burnley are highlighting in their complaints.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

I imagine not being an Evertonian every day. It's a great feeling.

I get the feeling the PL didn't want to pull the trigger on the Ev, and were quietly hoping clubs would take legal action.  Abdicating responsibility is sort of their thing.im hoping they've left a big hole in Everton's books that Leeds and Burnley can exploit that Everton themselves were too dumb to notice.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That’s the same guy who was crying 2 weeks ago calling all the players gutless and shithouses for not trying. Imagine not being an Evertonian - I can thanks and it’s fucking bliss.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan

That Dsquared tie up screams of some meeting by those advertised City influencers and the City marketing dept at City wondering how they could get some cool fashion factor the same way Qatar FC did with Jordan brand.

They're probably paying Dsquared for this tie up while putting it on the books that Dsquared are paying them £20 million a year. ;D

Of all the Football clubs to have a deal with, an edgy cool fashion house that they are and they choose the most sterile fake plastic meh club, I'm actually glad my other half in her ectasy fueled state at Printworks a couple of months ago decided to fling my red Dsquared cap 30 metres in front of us while sat on my shoulders.

Everything that club touches slowly erodes, Dsquared will go the way of Gio Goi. ;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
One of the dads of my under 9s football team is a bitter and not seen him smile once. Overhead him yesterday buzzing about the Vieira incidents and grinning. Suppose that sums them up. Embarrassing.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
I don't begrudge Evertonians for celebrating wildly the 3-2 win - it's their Istanbul and Barcelona comeback, but with the public eye more on them during their relegation battle, a greater spotlight and scrutiny on them than ever before, I don't think they came off very well and likeable in their snide behaviour on and off the pitch. They have certainly shown themselves to the neutrals.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
Most of their jubilation is because they didn’t want us celebrating them going down. If we had been sympathetic and supportive they would have been happy in division two.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

I thought it was Groucho Marx channeling Tommy Cooper.

Capon should enter some of these for the John Moore’s prize. He certainly win and the fewm would take the roof off the Walker Art Gallery.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
It will be hard to justify as no other club has seemed to apply such exaggerated restatements. also, they made a huge loss pre-covid. They’ve just fudged the numbers.  Having worked in accountancy, we often restate accounts when a company is up for sale. For instance, we add back costs that are allowed under tax rules but aren’t necessary costs of business (e.g. a company car, directors pensions, loan interest charges, directors mobile phones, charges made to related companies... etc). But Everton have blatantly used covid as an excuse for their losses. They’ve probably written off a lot of stuff to take advantage of covid.

Moshiri, the useless fucker, finally using his dubious accountancy skills to create a false narrative.

If they are writing off losses but then double claiming those losses maybe we should write a letter to HMRC? ;D

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan

Basically they would have been and they wouldn't have been able to use the Covid excuse for mitigation. Covid has cost them fuck all because they make so little matchday revenue and money from Goodison. Newcastle's Covid losses were 40 million altogether and they make more from their 52k stadium that's regularly full.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I'm pleased they stayed up.

Would prefer Villa, Manchester United, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Newcastle, Leicester, Man City to get relegated before them
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
I don't begrudge Evertonians for celebrating wildly the 3-2 win - it's their Istanbul and Barcelona comeback, but with the public eye more on them during their relegation battle, a greater spotlight and scrutiny on them than ever before, I don't think they came off very well and likeable in their snide behaviour on and off the pitch. They have certainly shown themselves to the neutrals.

They revel in the dogs of war and 'horrible Everton' image. Right up to the point anyone criticises them at least and they lose their shit.

Offline wet echo

• trapped paper puncher in need of a work out
  • Kopite
That’s the same guy who was crying 2 weeks ago calling all the players gutless and shithouses for not trying. Imagine not being an Evertonian - I can thanks and it’s fucking bliss.
He is the dumber one out of dumber and dumber.
  His rant after the Derby was incredible. Full of hate and venom. The other guy had more about him.
   Dear god they have this Astro guy on from the USA talking like Braveheart pissed on Budweiser they then  go on to call anyone from outside Liverpool supporting us as pricks…

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He is the dumber one out of dumber and dumber.
  His rant after the Derby was incredible. Full of hate and venom. The other guy had more about him.
   Dear god they have this Astro guy on from the USA talking like Braveheart pissed on Budweiser they then  go on to call anyone from outside Liverpool supporting us as pricks…

Astro actually seems like a decent fella and far more balanced than the vast majority of blues. Such a shame for him that he decided to give his love to that lot.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Basically they would have been and they wouldn't have been able to use the Covid excuse for mitigation. Covid has cost them fuck all because they make so little matchday revenue and money from Goodison. Newcastle's Covid losses were 40 million altogether and they make more from their 52k stadium that's regularly full.

We all know that doesn’t make sense at all and I hope an independent review could by conducted to deduct them 9 points.

No fans and hospitality, closing their merchandise shops and no stadium tour doesn't cost them that much. In the case of the latter 2, I would adjudged it as insignificant. For them to lose £170m past 2 seasons they must have a stadium the size of Nou Camp and double it’s ticket price.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
haha to be fair I find our lot who run over  there just as fucking pathetic

Says one of the stars of GOT  ;)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

Clicks = engagement = revenue
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."