Author Topic: QPR fans celebrating Aguero winner. Would you ?  (Read 4617 times)

Offline punjabilfc

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: QPR fans celebrating Aguero winner. Would you ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 04:02:41 pm »
1995...last day of the season v Blackburn Rovers.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 04:21:57 pm »
Would never cheer my side getting beat. That said those QPR fans would have heard the Bolton result, known that whatever happens in the City game they are safe for another season. That in itself is something to celebrate, so seeing City score and deny United, doubt they are too arsed they lost. They ran City closer than anyone would have expected.

Bit much shouting come on City though.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 04:21:57 pm »
In the heat of the moment i probably would. They knew they were safe, and everyone hates Man U, so everyone in the stadium that day had something to celebrate.

Remember this well. I was only 13 at the time and getting on a train listening to it on my walkman on the way home from my Dads. If anyone from Belfast remembers the way Central Station used to be. A long steep ramp from the station to the platform. Was walking down there when Redknapp scored and I cheered like fuck. Then heard the cheer on the radio get louder and knew instantly why. Some Manc fan stopped me and asked me the score. Took great delight in telling him we've just beat Blackburn but he assumed Man U had beat West Ham until I had to tell him they only drew  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »
I take it they already knew they were safe?

I was at Anfield for the Chelsea match in 2010 when they all but won the league and couldn't bear any of that 'Cockney for a day' stuff.

Personally, I'd rather support my team, hope they win every throw in, never mind game and see what fate decides elsewhere.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 05:00:32 pm »
I would have, would have been a great atmosphere after the game too.

Offline Zanchent

• Sole creator and only disciple to the brand new yet enchanting, charming, one might say "revolutionary", religion known, quite unpredictably, as Zanchentism. It's like Zen, only not.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 05:05:51 pm »
They already knew they were safe so they were probably so happy they would have celebrated anything. The City fans were looking for anyone to take their anger out on and apparently it looked like it was going to kick off so I'd say there were pretty happy that they weren't gonna have to watch their backs on the way out.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 05:29:44 pm »
 I just think it's telling that they were so happy at Man United's expense.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 05:40:21 pm »
Shows how much almost everyone else loaths Man Utd & not just us & City. Even Sunderland Supporters were doing the Poznan at the SOL on Sunday prob hate that there team lied down & let Utd win.
#Sausages

Offline jonnyfish

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 06:05:38 pm »

I was at Anfield for the Chelsea match in 2010 when they all but won the league and couldn't bear any of that 'Cockney for a day' stuff.

Personally, I'd rather support my team, hope they win every throw in, never mind game and see what fate decides elsewhere.

This. I was at that Chelsea game too couldn't care less who won the league if it wasn't us. Alright the recordand whatever but I'd rather see my team win.

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 06:15:42 pm »
Yeah they knew they were already up. They also joined in with Bluemoon at the end.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 06:44:42 pm »
Who wouldn't celebrate inflicting a lifelong trauma on some of the most horrible people around without having to bleed for it?
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 07:24:56 pm »
Everybody hates United
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 07:39:36 pm »
If the game was a dead rubber I doubt they would have celebrated much.

But you've just escaped relegation by the narrowest of margins and then see an absolute shower of a football club miss out on the title ... yeah why not.

Offline Swedish_Red

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 07:17:20 am »
Don´t forget Young´s dive against them, probably added to their hatred of that club so when they where safe they really wanted them to miss out on the title.

Offline dazzcarlos

• Main Stander
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 10:56:07 am »
Priorities in football seems to be your own club and then anyone but united. I think i wouldve cheered, but it would have been half hearted that it wasnt our goal to win the league. QPR fans are a long way off see their team winning the title and for some many many years yet and thats the closest they are gonna be involved in a title race so why not enjoy when they are safe for another season.

Does anyone have any videos of the sunderland fans reaction to it? or when they did the poznan afterwards?

Offline Desi Kopite

• Anny Roader
  • Twitter: @pritsinghlfc
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 11:00:23 am »
Even Djibril Cisse got in on the act and celebrated at the end of the game!! At the end of the day I think the QPR fans reaction was more cos they knew they were safe!!

Yeh I saw the Sunderland fans and the Poznan, was funny to see the Manc t**ts get wound up lol...

Offline Il Nina

• Legacy Fan
  • I just can't get enough...
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 02:17:17 pm »

That was what I was thinking of too. Even though we won; when they scored to equalise we cheered.

Once QPR knew they were safe from relegation a mixture of being caugh up in the atmosphere of the stadium and (like everyone else in the country who are not Man United) pleasure to see someone else win it, probably took over. Don't blame them.  :)
“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 04:33:36 pm »

I was at that too. We were still in for top 4 at this point. Was absolutely gutted we got beat. Moreso to do with the way we didnt even put up a fight. Remember being asked by a Sky reporter before the game who do I want to win. When I said Liverpool his reply was, 'So you dont mind helping Man Utd winning the league?' Wanker
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 10:42:57 pm »
In the heat of the moment i probably would. They knew they were safe, and everyone hates Man U, so everyone in the stadium that day had something to celebrate.

Remember this well. I was only 13 at the time and getting on a train listening to it on my walkman on the way home from my Dads. If anyone from Belfast remembers the way Central Station used to be. A long steep ramp from the station to the platform. Was walking down there when Redknapp scored and I cheered like fuck. Then heard the cheer on the radio get louder and knew instantly why. Some Manc fan stopped me and asked me the score. Took great delight in telling him we've just beat Blackburn but he assumed Man U had beat West Ham until I had to tell him they only drew  :D

:lmao

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 10:47:09 pm »

I remember a fight breaking out just in front of me on the Kop when a couple of lads cheered the Blackburn goal and some others took offence. Was quite a surreal atmosphere that day, but a great ending as it turned out.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."