Author Topic: Welsh Football  (Read 54820 times)

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
Re: Welsh Football
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2015, 07:58:10 pm »
Great great win. This team has a hunger and self belief and no lack of ability. Exciting times!  You're just too good to be true, cant take my eyes off you...

Offline jymbojetset

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2015, 08:41:02 pm »
Great great win. This team has a hunger and self belief and no lack of ability. Exciting times!  You're just too good to be true, cant take my eyes off you...
That song brings back so many memories. Best of times, the worst of times.

I was in the arms park when bodin missed that penalty!

So, so close for 94, let's hope 2016 is finally our year.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2015, 09:18:17 pm »
That result was huge for us today. 6 points ahead of Belgium, 2 points ahead of Israel. Israel and Belgium play each other midweek as well so we'll end this period of international fixtures in at least 2nd place. Israel and Belgium still have to come to Cardiff so lets get them there and scare them off the park in front of a loud home crowd.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2015, 10:18:12 pm »
Happy for Wales. Really hope they continue with their form and qualify.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2015, 11:10:39 pm »
As I've said a few times normally I'm not really that bothered by International football,rather not go into why,but happy that Wales are doing well and I actually watched the game today and enjoyed it,even cheered the goals.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2015, 11:12:24 pm »
The Welsh FA has a growing rep in coaching and coach education. It'll soon be the go-to place like Largs was about 10 years ago. Although the Northern Irish FA is also catching up fast.
Yep, the set up at the Vale is very impressive.
I wish I had pushed my then Club to put me on the UEFA 'B' Licence and the 'C' Goalkeeper course but I never got around to it. I think my 'C' Badge has probably expired now as well  :(
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2015, 11:40:02 pm »
Yep, the set up at the Vale is very impressive.
I wish I had pushed my then Club to put me on the UEFA 'B' Licence and the 'C' Goalkeeper course but I never got around to it. I think my 'C' Badge has probably expired now as well  :(

I don't think the "C" expires. I also think the B might be non-expiring. For some federations it is, anyway.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2015, 11:49:58 pm »
Just had a look. Apparently it does, but not for 3 years. Hopefully you still have time to revalidate it!

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2015, 08:56:28 am »
Just had a look. Apparently it does, but not for 3 years. Hopefully you still have time to revalidate it!
I did revalidate once up at the Vale but that was quite a while ago now. I would guess that it would have expired by now and I wouldn't be well enough to use it any way  :( :'(
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2015, 09:03:47 am »
The Welsh FA has a growing rep in coaching and coach education. It'll soon be the go-to place like Largs was about 10 years ago. Although the Northern Irish FA is also catching up fast.

Better than the English FA? Didn't Martinez do his badges in Wales?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2015, 09:15:21 am »
I don't think it is necessarily better than the FA.

Interesting info here - http://welshfootballtrust.org.uk/news/WFT96311.ink

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2015, 02:52:57 pm »
Wrexham 2-0 up with an hour gone.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2015, 03:29:50 pm »
Extra time 2-2

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2015, 06:02:04 pm »
Wrexham threw that away.

All down to the two managers,one made excellent changes the other made the wrong one(s)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2015, 06:12:59 pm »
Awful to watch them blow that lead.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2015, 06:15:49 pm »

I would say a better set up than the English FA, yes. The English FA is very stuck in it's way, big time jobs for the boys, big time "if you didn't play pro, you're only getting the youth badges" type stuff. Wales, Scotland and I think Northern Ireland have always been a bit more open to new ideas and promoting younger coaches. There's a reason why Robson got Villas-Boas into Largs, and not Lilleshall, when Lilleshall would have been the most obvious pull. Also, the UEFA licences are more a set of standards rather than a single curriculum, so one federation is different to another in terms of how they run their courses. By all accounts, the Welsh FA is far more progressive in what it teaches and how it teaches it than the English FA are.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2015, 06:30:00 pm »
Awful to watch them blow that lead.
Cruising until the cock up for the Penalty,keeper lucky to stay on.

Also not to happy with them getting a PL Ref,surely they should give the Refs who do the other games the chance of a trip to Wembley?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2015, 10:36:33 pm »
I would say a better set up than the English FA, yes. The English FA is very stuck in it's way, big time jobs for the boys, big time "if you didn't play pro, you're only getting the youth badges" type stuff. Wales, Scotland and I think Northern Ireland have always been a bit more open to new ideas and promoting younger coaches. There's a reason why Robson got Villas-Boas into Largs, and not Lilleshall, when Lilleshall would have been the most obvious pull. Also, the UEFA licences are more a set of standards rather than a single curriculum, so one federation is different to another in terms of how they run their courses. By all accounts, the Welsh FA is far more progressive in what it teaches and how it teaches it than the English FA are.

I can testify to how progressive the Coach Education programme is at the FAW. When I did my C re-validation at the Vale, they had Paul Trollope (then manager at Bristol Rovers) take one of the sessions. It was all about coaching without coaching - based on the premise that kids would just start a game of football with just a ball and some improvised goal posts. So the session would start with a normal game of football being played but then technical progressions and techniques would be introduced to ensure that the coaching objective was met. There were loads of other things as well during the session but my memory is impaired now.
The hardest part I always found was trying to take any of the coaching tips, plans and sessions that I picked up along the way and water them down so that my U8s team could use them.

PoP - as an aside have you ever met Roy Thomas from Swansea - http://www.swansacademy.co.uk/staff?staff_id=140#profile-staff-top?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2015, 11:02:22 pm »
I can testify to how progressive the Coach Education programme is at the FAW. When I did my C re-validation at the Vale, they had Paul Trollope (then manager at Bristol Rovers) take one of the sessions. It was all about coaching without coaching - based on the premise that kids would just start a game of football with just a ball and some improvised goal posts. So the session would start with a normal game of football being played but then technical progressions and techniques would be introduced to ensure that the coaching objective was met. There were loads of other things as well during the session but my memory is impaired now.
The hardest part I always found was trying to take any of the coaching tips, plans and sessions that I picked up along the way and water them down so that my U8s team could use them.

PoP - as an aside have you ever met Roy Thomas from Swansea - http://www.swansacademy.co.uk/staff?staff_id=140#profile-staff-top?

I haven't, but I did meet a former Swansea academy and reserve player doing his badges who played when Martinez was there. Reckoned he wouldn't make it at a bigger club because he's genuinely one of the nicest people in football. Too nice to win much, was his reckoning.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2015, 07:58:22 am »

Glad to hear it :D Hopefully see Wales overtake England someday then :D

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2015, 09:26:04 am »
I haven't, but I did meet a former Swansea academy and reserve player doing his badges who played when Martinez was there. Reckoned he wouldn't make it at a bigger club because he's genuinely one of the nicest people in football. Too nice to win much, was his reckoning.

Can you remember this player's name?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2015, 02:53:46 pm »
Can you remember this player's name?

I'm embarrassed that I can't, because he was in my group lol. He wasn't a first team player, though, if I remember correctly. Good player, however. Very Joe Allen-like. Good coach too.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2015, 03:48:49 pm »
Wrexham on the look out for a new manager then...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32119107

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2015, 09:16:10 pm »
Anybody making the Cyprus trip? Trying to sort out flights.

Looking forward to the Belgium game already, got the day off so  all day drinking down the Bay in the sun  :D :hally

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2015, 09:19:43 pm »
Anybody making the Cyprus trip? Trying to sort out flights.

Looking forward to the Belgium game already, got the day off so  all day drinking down the Bay in the sun  :D :hally

I'd love to but I haven't got the cash to do it right now. I am considering joining the FAW's gold membership scheme though.

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2015, 12:29:57 am »
I'm embarrassed that I can't, because he was in my group lol. He wasn't a first team player, though, if I remember correctly. Good player, however. Very Joe Allen-like. Good coach too.

Owain Tudur Jones?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2015, 12:39:55 am »

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2015, 08:38:29 am »
Owain Tudur Jones?

He;s from same are as me, even used to kick about with him when i was younger, always plagued by knee injuries unfortunately

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
« Reply #108 on: April 2, 2015, 09:38:34 pm »
I would say a better set up than the English FA, yes. The English FA is very stuck in it's way, big time jobs for the boys, big time "if you didn't play pro, you're only getting the youth badges" type stuff. Wales, Scotland and I think Northern Ireland have always been a bit more open to new ideas and promoting younger coaches.  By all accounts, the Welsh FA is far more progressive in what it teaches and how it teaches it than the English FA are.
I think this might be changing. A guy I used to coach with is currently head of player and coaching development for the F.A.  He was originally with Cardiff and then Southampton. Obviously his track record as a developer of talent is stellar. With his introduction at the F.A. I would not be surprised to see things progress over there. I would be disappointed if the F.A. would have hired such a progressive talent and then curtail him with old school philosophy. By the way he was not a so called "big name" player when he was on Cardiff's books.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #109 on: April 2, 2015, 10:34:53 pm »
You're on about Matt Crocker aren't you? I like Matt, really good guy and committed to developing younger players.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2015, 06:00:53 pm by Welshred »

Offline redmen9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 3, 2015, 09:32:30 am »
33,000 tickets already sold out for the Belgium game at the Cardiff City Stadium. Fair play to the FAW for not cashing in by switching the venue. The smaller stadium has a tighter more intimidating feel to it. Hope theres plenty of noise made.

The FAW have also impressed me by sticking to their guns and rejecting the team GB footy team for the next Olympics. Theres far too much history at stake to risk losing our individual status by the loons at FIFA!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 3, 2015, 04:15:21 pm »
I think this might be changing. A guy I used to coach with is currently head of player and coaching development for the F.A.  He was originally with Cardiff and then Southampton. Obviously his track record as a developer of talent is stellar. With his introduction at the F.A. I would not be surprised to see things progress over there. I would be disappointed if the F.A. would have hired such a progressive talent and then curtail him with old school philosophy. By the way he was not a so called "big name" player when he was on Cardiff's books.

I meant for the people who run the courses and assess the coaches for their badges, rather than at the top administrative level.

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 3, 2015, 08:03:34 pm »
Have you seen that Wales would move up to 22nd in the rankings after the win in Israel? Think Belgium is the last game before the 2018 WC seedings. Win against Belgium would give us a chance of getting in pot 1.....

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 3, 2015, 11:10:47 pm »
http://www.weglobalfootball.com/2014/08/28/2018-world-cup-qualifying-pot-projections-uefa/

That has the current points. I can see why Wales are not sure whether to play a game before Belgium as two poor results could put us into pot 3. However, cancelling any friendly and beating Belgium puts us into pot 1. This happened recently with 2016 rankings where Wales chose to play a friendly which knocked our points total when we should have played against a weaker team.

"Wales: How bout this team! Scorching hot is Wales. If they beat Belgium in June, they have a real good chance to get to Pot 1. Certainly a much better opportunity than many others. As it stands, Wales looks certain to be at worst in Pot 2. The friendly against Northern Ireland is again foolish, as if they cancel that and draw with Belgium, they’d be at 991 points. Just canceling it alone locks Wales into Pot 2, as they’d have 910 points if they lost to Belgium. Projected Points: 965

Remaining matches: Home Friendly v Northern Ireland (6/4), Home EURO Qualifier v Belgium
Points with 2 wins: 1105, 2 losses: 828"

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 3, 2015, 11:17:30 pm »
You're hopeless ;)
Can you remember roughly what year this was? Can you remember if this player was Welsh or English or any other nationality?

Could it have been Kristian O'Leary? Matthew Collins or Chris Jones?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 3, 2015, 11:27:47 pm »
You're hopeless ;)
Can you remember roughly what year this was? Can you remember if this player was Welsh or English or any other nationality?

Could it have been Kristian O'Leary? Matthew Collins or Chris Jones?

It was a while ago, Martinez was there, but I'm not sure if it was as a player or a manager, but he talked about his coaching, so if he wasn't coaching as a player getting his badges, then maybe Martinez's first year as a manager?

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2015, 06:20:47 pm »
You're on about Matt Crocker aren't you? I like Matt, really good guy and committed to developing younger players.

Yes I am.

I cannot believe the success he has achieved since I worked with him but I am very happy for him. Excellent work ethic and principled guy, I just did not see the potential in his coaching philosophy back in the day. My mistake not his, I have only positive things to say about Matt.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2015, 06:26:28 pm »
I meant for the people who run the courses and assess the coaches for their badges, rather than at the top administrative level.

I agree with you POP my point however is the current guy in charge has a track record second to none in the UK when it comes to developing youth. I believe his philosophies will eventually filter through to those running the courses and assessing the coaches.
5th times a charm

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: June 7, 2015, 05:58:10 pm »
Anyone going to the Belgium game on Friday? Can't wait for it.

What's everyone predicting?

I'm going with a 1-1 draw.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: June 8, 2015, 10:53:07 pm »
I'm going. It's a full house so hopefully it will be a cracking atmosphere. After getting the draw in Brussells (what a weekend in Belgium that was) we should be looking to win this at home, especially with Kompany out. I'd snatch your hand off for a draw right now though.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."