Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4567905 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: The Malevolent Orange Ball of Gas. Squirrel!
« Reply #23920 on: March 21, 2017, 05:39:15 pm »
Has any other European countries also done this electronics ban?

I haven't heard of anyone else yet.

Feels like we are helping Trump out right now.

So far it's only May licking his nuts...

Get that image out of your head, I dare ya!

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #23921 on: March 21, 2017, 06:16:16 pm »
Dem lawmaker tweets: 'Get ready for impeachment'

The Hill
Brooke Seipel
4 hrs ago

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) is doubling down on her calls for impeaching President Trump, tweeting Tuesday that it's time to "get ready for impeachment."

Waters has been pushing for Congress to quickly impeach Trump if evidence is produced proving collusion with the Russian government.

"The only thing that I am focused on is credible investigations to bring out the facts. ... If the facts are there, then I think we should move very quickly to do something about it. And if there was collusion, and any support for undermining our democracy, I think the president should be impeached," Waters said earlier this month.

"I've said that, and that's where I stand."

U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that Russian hackers interfered in last year's elections for the express purpose of helping Trump win, and both the Senate and House Intelligence committees are investigating the nature and extent of the intrusion.

Numerous reports have emerged linking members of Trump's inner circle directly to Kremlin officials. The White House has fervently maintained that those communications were innocuous, and no evidence has surfaced of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dem-lawmaker-tweets-get-ready-for-impeachment/ar-BByygpR?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp
Kill the humourless

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23922 on: March 21, 2017, 06:20:31 pm »
A short film, directed by Mitt Romney.  :lmao  :wave

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/843870831122046977

Trying to deflect the blame onto Obama, couldn't make it up. Republicans are some of the dumbest fuckers on the planet, they really are. It's sad a first world nation is saddled with them in the 21st century.

America would be a much safer and more prosperous nation if the Republicans split off and made their own country, where they can sit on their ranches and complain about blacks and abortion and Jews all they want
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23923 on: March 21, 2017, 06:21:36 pm »
No chance Dems are seriously pushing for impeachment unless there's an absolute bombshell about Russia, IMO. They can run in the midterms against what will likely be one of the most unpopular administrations of all time and then easily reclaim the WH in 2020. An impeachment media circus would just make the Rs circle the wagons and fire up their base.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #23924 on: March 21, 2017, 06:23:59 pm »
Maxine Waters has been pretty consistently ahead of any evidence with her claims. She blurted out on MSNBC that US intelligence had confirmed Trump was into water sports in Russian hotels, and then had to pull it back the next day. For me, it's people like Feinstein whose words are worth watching. She's suggested that it'll be the emoluments clause which will undo Trump. And part of a counter-intelligence investigation will be to examine Trump's financial links for any quid pro quo. It may turn up things which may not stink of direct co-operation with the Russian state but damn him for corruption instead.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #23925 on: March 21, 2017, 06:31:45 pm »
Yep. It's all about following the money

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #23926 on: March 21, 2017, 06:45:06 pm »
Hmmm... Even when Spicer is making a joke he comes across as a giant twat...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23927 on: March 21, 2017, 07:46:32 pm »
No chance Dems are seriously pushing for impeachment unless there's an absolute bombshell about Russia, IMO. They can run in the midterms against what will likely be one of the most unpopular administrations of all time and then easily reclaim the WH in 2020. An impeachment media circus would just make the Rs circle the wagons and fire up their base.

I suspect that, unlike the GOP, the Dems actually care about their country.  They're not prepared to let Trump run riot for two whole years just to get favourable results in the midterms.  They want Trump gone asap.

I doubt it will be the Russian links that do for Trump personally though.  It'll be the 25th Amendment.  The investigation might nail some of Trump's inner circle, which could isolate him.  If he refuses to take on more moderate advisers recommended by the GOP, or tries promoting more of his family into positions of authority, then I think they'll have ample grounds for removing him.

(Of course, there's ample grounds already - I'm talking more about a sustained level of pressure that even Paul Ryan wont be able to shrug off.)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #23928 on: March 21, 2017, 07:54:24 pm »

Exactly. They want to run against a vilified and wounded President.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #23929 on: March 21, 2017, 08:22:49 pm »
It really does depend on what Comey turns up, and when, doesn't it? The bar for Ryan to move for impeachment is going to be ludicrously high regardless.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23930 on: March 21, 2017, 08:29:19 pm »
Hmmm... Even when Spicer is making a joke he comes across as a giant twat...
Can you imagine a shitter job?
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23931 on: March 21, 2017, 08:33:13 pm »
I'm thinking the GOP will find a way to bring him down/buy him out/get him to resign so Pence will have a chance to lead their revival.  America can't afford the inertia.

4 No Trump.
Kill the humourless

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23932 on: March 21, 2017, 08:37:45 pm »

One imagines the ideal scenario for the Democrats would be undeniable evidence against Trump and his cronies, and a GOP still refusing to start impeachment proceedings. The only way to get Trump dealt with would be electing a significant majority Democrat Congress in the mid-terms.

The GOP is so far gone from being a responsible party dedicated to protecting the constitution as per their oaths of office, they might even allow such a situation to develop.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23933 on: March 21, 2017, 08:56:03 pm »
One imagines the ideal scenario for the Democrats would be undeniable evidence against Trump and his cronies, and a GOP still refusing to start impeachment proceedings. The only way to get Trump dealt with would be electing a significant majority Democrat Congress in the mid-terms.

The GOP is so far gone from being a responsible party dedicated to protecting the constitution as per their oaths of office, they might even allow such a situation to develop.

I honestly believe this would be a last resort.  I can't believe the Democrats would be happy to hold fire for two whole years if they have the opportunity to get rid of Trump quickly. 

I do agree though that they will be looking at the bigger picture, and trying to torch as many limp dick GOPs as possible into the bargain.  Checks and balances are only as effective as the people prepared to invoke them, and it's not gone unnoticed how reluctant Congress is to pull the trigger on Trump.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23934 on: March 21, 2017, 10:25:59 pm »
I honestly believe this would be a last resort.  I can't believe the Democrats would be happy to hold fire for two whole years if they have the opportunity to get rid of Trump quickly. 

I do agree though that they will be looking at the bigger picture, and trying to torch as many limp dick GOPs as possible into the bargain.  Checks and balances are only as effective as the people prepared to invoke them, and it's not gone unnoticed how reluctant Congress is to pull the trigger on Trump.

It's not about being happy to wait. The issue is that the Democrats can't impeach Trump on their own. The GOP has to step up. If they refuse, the Democrats have to hope it will bite them very badly in the mid-terms.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23935 on: March 21, 2017, 11:01:16 pm »
It's not about being happy to wait. The issue is that the Democrats can't impeach Trump on their own. The GOP has to step up. If they refuse, the Democrats have to hope it will bite them very badly in the mid-terms.

That's not the issue I was addressing.  The issue was the belief that the Dems aren't really interested in pressing for impeachment because they hope to make gains in the midterms off the back of Trump's chaotic presidency. 

However it seems that many outside the GOP controlled Congress believe America can't afford to wait two years.  The damage Trump could cause at home and abroad in that time doesn't bear thinking about.  As Zeb said, the problem is Paul Ryan, who cares more about his own political agenda than he does about the state of his nation or global security.  This is why the Democrats will be applying all the pressure they can right at this moment.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #23936 on: March 21, 2017, 11:03:06 pm »
A short film, directed by Mitt Romney.  :lmao  :wave

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/843870831122046977

The trouble with that take is that the logical outcome is more damning of the Republican party than anyone else. In 2012, the Russians probably couldn't find anyone for a puppet and were therefore somewhat limited in what they could do. It took the Republican party the next four years to find them someone who they could dangle. Blaming Obama for not foreseeing what depths the Republicans would sink to is a bit harsh. Crediting Mittens for predicting those depths in his own fucking party is a bit generous.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #23937 on: March 21, 2017, 11:39:41 pm »
Conway went on Fox this morning and said Trump has never known Carter Page...

A transcript of Donald Drumpf’s meeting with The Washington Post editorial board
RYAN: Thank you… We’ve heard you’re going to be announcing your foreign policy team shortly… Any you can share with us?

TRUMP: Well, I hadn’t thought of doing it, but if you want I can give you some of the names… Walid Phares, who you probably know, PhD, adviser to the House of Representatives caucus, and counter-terrorism expert; Carter Page, PhD; George Papadopoulos, he’s an energy and oil consultant, excellent guy; the Honorable Joe Schmitz, [former] inspector general at the Department of Defense; [retired] Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg; and I have quite a few more. But that’s a group of some of the people that we are dealing with. We have many other people in different aspects of what we do, but that’s a representative group.
Page, a longtime energy executive, told The Washington Post that he and other advisers have met with the Trump campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/21/donald-trump-reveals-foreign-policy-team-in-meeting-with-the-washington-post/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.21ba1c6d7e4f

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/03/21/meet-the-men-shaping-donald-trumps-foreign-policy-views/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-low_advisers-815am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.20affa0d83e0

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #23938 on: March 22, 2017, 12:05:20 am »

Thin skin runs in the family.

@donaldjtrumpjr
Apparently I'm really bad at sitting?!?! Based on the memes out there I now know what it feels like to be Salt Bae! Thanks internet... And in all honesty if a couple bad pics is all you've got I'm pretty psyched. #tryharder #saltbae #trump #haters #hatersgonnahate

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #23939 on: March 22, 2017, 01:14:35 am »
“Great president. Most people don’t even know he was a Republican,” Trump says about ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

As always, when he says 'most people' he's talking about himself. I guess some white house staffer actually has a productive day yesterday. 'Honestly it's true, Mr. President. It's not just the Fox News people saying it'.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #23940 on: March 22, 2017, 01:30:22 am »
NYT has some lovely snippets hidden in a very broad article. And by 'lovely' I mean "let's hope his biggest concern for the next few years is whether Obama tapped his wires".

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/us/politics/trump-obama-wiretapping-motivation.html

President Trump is a man seriously susceptible to snagging himself in the nettles of obsession. In the last three weeks, no compulsion has so consumed his psyche, and his Twitter account, as the deeply held and shallowly sourced belief that President Barack Obama tapped his phones.

So why can’t he just let go?

First, aides say that Mr. Trump, who often says, “I’m, like, a really smart person” in public, is driven by a need to prove his legitimacy as president to the many critics who deem him an unworthy victor forever undercut by Hillary Clinton’s three-million-vote win in the popular vote.

“The Russia investigation is being used by his political opponents to delegitimize his entire presidency and to delegitimize his agenda,” said Sam Nunberg, a longtime Trump political adviser who remains close with West Wing aides. “He will fight back, and he does it better than anybody in this White House. And that includes all those Republican National Committee guys he hired to defend him.”

Second, fighting back — in this case, against Mr. Obama, the F.B.I. director and members of his own party who say his claim about phone taps is false — is an important part of the president’s self-image. The two most influential role models in Mr. Trump’s youth were men who preached the twin philosophies of relentless self-promotion and the waging of total war against anyone perceived as a threat.

Mr. Trump, according to one longtime adviser, is perpetually playing a soundtrack in his head consisting of advice from his father, Fred, a hard-driving real estate developer who laid the weight of the family’s success on his son’s shoulders. Mr. Trump’s other mentor was the caustic and conniving McCarthy-era lawyer Roy Cohn, who counseled Mr. Trump never to give in or concede error.

Mr. Trump’s fixation on Mr. Obama and an F.B.I. investigation into Russian influence in the 2016 election echo his actions in New York decades ago, when he engaged in bitter personal battles with the mayor, Edward I. Koch, and the city fathers of Atlantic City. The battles were often to the detriment of Mr. Trump’s real estate and gambling businesses, according to Tim O’Brien, author of “TrumpNation,” a 2005 biography that documented his early years.

“I don’t think there’s anything new here in his behavior,’’ said Mr. O’Brien, now the executive editor of Bloomberg View. “He's been doing this kind of thing for the last 45 years.’’

“He’s deeply, deeply insecure about how he’s perceived in the world, about whether or not he’s competent and deserves what he’s gotten,” he added. “There’s an unquenchable thirst for validation and love. That’s why he can never stay quiet, even when it would be wise strategically or emotionally to hold back.”

During the 2016 campaign, Mr. Trump fixated on almost every slight, especially in the news media, and singled out reporters for criticism at his rallies. A day after he was sworn in as the 45th president, he woke up furious that websites were running side-by-side pictures showing that his inaugural crowd was demonstrably smaller than Mr. Obama’s 2009 throng.

He instructed his press secretary, Sean Spicer, to convene the press in the White House for a tongue-lashing over “biased” reporting on crowd size, which delighted the new president but struck nearly everyone else as a bizarre overreaction.

Mr. Trump’s now-infamous Twitter message on March 4 amounted to a Queens-intoned declaration that he would be no one’s victim. “How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process,” the president wrote in an unspellchecked outburst, one of several that morning. “This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!”

Toughness, more than any other attribute, is what Mr. Trump has sought to project during his short and successful political career — and he believes his behavior makes him look tougher, no matter what the press thinks.

As a presidential candidate, he wanted to look dour, and vetoed any campaign imagery that so much as hinted at weakness, aides said. Which is why every self-selected snapshot — down to the squinty-eyed scowl attached to his Twitter account — features a tough-guy sourpuss. “Like Churchill,” is what Mr. Trump would tell staffers when asked what look he was going for.

Third, diversion is an important motive. Mr. Trump was able to change the subject by attacking Mr. Obama and floating unsubstantiated theories.

At the time of his early-March tweetstorm, he was trying to divert attention from a fresh embarrassment: Attorney General Jeff Sessions had failed to disclose, during confirmation hearings, that he had had contacts with Russia’s ambassador to the United States.

“With almost every barbed, unscripted tweet, he deletes some story his administration wants to tell,” said David Axelrod, one of Mr. Obama’s top advisers. “He reacts to every affront, real or imagined, in Pavlovian fashion. He beats every perceived slight to death and, even when he’s won the point, continues beating.”

Finally, Mr. Trump hasn’t let up because no one can stop him.

Within the White House, aides describe a nearly paralytic inability to tell Mr. Trump that he has erred or gone too far on Twitter.

On the day Mr. Trump fired off his message about Mr. Obama “tapping” his phones, his chief of staff, Reince Priebus — initially seen by some establishment Republicans as the best bulwark against Mr. Trump’s self-immolating behavior — told people the White House was convinced that there was something there.

The problem is that the two advisers powerful enough to try to change Mr. Trump’s behavior are mostly disinclined to do so. His chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, a rhetorical bomb thrower himself, counseled Mr. Trump to moderate his behavior at the end of the campaign — but he remains the West Wing adviser who most closely shares the president’s views on surveillance.

One of the only other people whom Mr. Trump views as a peer is his top economic adviser, Gary Cohn, but he prefers to spend his capital on economic issues and climate change.

In a recent meeting in the Oval Office, Mr. Cohn was speaking when Mr. Trump interrupted him. “Let me finish,’’ Mr. Cohn interjected, according to a person with knowledge of the interaction.

Mr. Trump, unaccustomed to ceding the floor, let him make his point.

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23941 on: March 22, 2017, 01:44:13 am »
Trying to deflect the blame onto Obama, couldn't make it up. Republicans are some of the dumbest fuckers on the planet, they really are. It's sad a first world nation is saddled with them in the 21st century.

America would be a much safer and more prosperous nation if the Republicans split off and made their own country, where they can sit on their ranches and complain about blacks and abortion and Jews all they want

Wasn't that the whole point of 'The Mayflower'?????????
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23942 on: March 22, 2017, 04:39:47 am »
On the question of tourism boycotts, my wife and I had been planning to visit Hawaii in the coming years while our boy is still in the free-travel age bracket, but we've both agreed not to do so while Trump is in charge. Fiji it is, then. Tough times.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #23943 on: March 22, 2017, 04:50:01 am »
Tillerson will skip his first NATO meeting because he has a scheduling conflict. Although, he will be in Moscow next month for meetings with Russian officials.

Also from Tillerson during his trip to Asia:
"I didn't want this job. I didn't seek this job," Tillerson told the Independent Journal Review in an interview during his recent Asia trip.

When asked why he agreed to take on the position of secretary of State, Tillerson said his wife "told me I'm supposed to do this."

During the interview, Tillerson said he had never met President Trump before the election. After his victory, the president wanted to talk with Tillerson "about the world."

“When he asked me at the end of that conversation to be secretary of State, I was stunned," Tillerson said.

Tillerson later told his wife about the offer.

“I told you God’s not through with you," he said his wife told him.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/325123-tillerson-i-didnt-want-this-job

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #23944 on: March 22, 2017, 05:11:31 am »
That's not the issue I was addressing.  The issue was the belief that the Dems aren't really interested in pressing for impeachment because they hope to make gains in the midterms off the back of Trump's chaotic presidency. 

However it seems that many outside the GOP controlled Congress believe America can't afford to wait two years.  The damage Trump could cause at home and abroad in that time doesn't bear thinking about.  As Zeb said, the problem is Paul Ryan, who cares more about his own political agenda than he does about the state of his nation or global security.  This is why the Democrats will be applying all the pressure they can right at this moment.

If you think about it, Paul Ryan is in pretty deep trouble as far as his legacy goes. His contribution to the US politics has been to fan the flames of Tea Party populism, precipitating the rise of Trump, leading the charge on the debt ceiling crisis, and now, his much anticipated health bill flopping epically.

It may not be immediately obvious from his actions, but I think he’s a fairly smart man who’d be well aware of chaos he’s wrought. It's pretty difficult to see what successes he can claim from his career, in terms of real policy achievements. And he's a big policy guy.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23945 on: March 22, 2017, 07:20:14 am »
It's more than anything a hit on the airlines - Qatar, Turkish, Etihad, etc - that have hubs there and fly to the US. It doesn't apply to US airlines flying from those places.

It's old-fashioned protectionism for his airline buddies that he met with a few weeks ago.

Trump won’t allow you to use iPads or laptops on certain airlines. Here’s why.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/03/21/trump-wont-allow-you-to-use-ipads-or-laptops-on-certain-airlines-heres-the-underlying-story/?utm_term=.3b64cab2cc38

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #23946 on: March 22, 2017, 07:58:49 am »
Trump won’t allow you to use iPads or laptops on certain airlines. Here’s why.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/03/21/trump-wont-allow-you-to-use-ipads-or-laptops-on-certain-airlines-heres-the-underlying-story/?utm_term=.3b64cab2cc38

It's so idiotic and only makes sense as some ham-fisted protectionist tactic as described above. If there's a real concern then the terrorists aren't going to just think 'oh fuck, we've been sussed...' they'll take their lap top bombs on a different airline from a different hub.

Terrorists have selected iconically American airlines as their targets in the past. The four planes used on September 11th 2001 were American Airlines  Flight 11, United Airlines Flight 175, American Airlines Flight 77 and United Airlines Flight 93. All were manufactured by Boeing.

And it shows the impact of the 'Muslim Ban' on security. If this is a real threat, the behaviour of Trump and his team during the campaign and now in power means that many people won't take it seriously.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #23947 on: March 22, 2017, 08:02:20 am »
This is probably a good time to ask the question again:

Anyone who defended Trump still think his great deal-making skills would transfer to politics and the world stage, that he's a genius, that he'd behave differently once he's in power, that he'd improve health care, that he'd drain the swamp, that he'd make the world safer?... Or that the Mexicans would pay for the wall?...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #23948 on: March 22, 2017, 08:26:13 am »
NYT has some lovely snippets hidden in a very broad article. And by 'lovely' I mean "let's hope his biggest concern for the next few years is whether Obama tapped his wires".

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/us/politics/trump-obama-wiretapping-motivation.html

That's an amazing piece.

He doesn't smile in official portraits cos he thinks it makes him look weak. Christ almighty.
The world is going to held in a handcart just because an overgrown child has serious daddy issues.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23949 on: March 22, 2017, 11:31:14 am »
“Great president. Most people don’t even know he was a Republican,” Trump says about ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

As always, when he says 'most people' he's talking about himself. I guess some white house staffer actually has a productive day yesterday. 'Honestly it's true, Mr. President. It's not just the Fox News people saying it'.

Wait til someone tells him the Republicans were (largely) anti-slavery and southern Democrats were not...once his mind blows bring up the subject of Teddy Roosevelt.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23950 on: March 22, 2017, 11:36:21 am »
On the question of tourism boycotts, my wife and I had been planning to visit Hawaii in the coming years while our boy is still in the free-travel age bracket, but we've both agreed not to do so while Trump is in charge. Fiji it is, then. Tough times.

Was going to NYC for my next "Big" Birthday. Barcelona or Rome will get my cash instead.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23951 on: March 22, 2017, 11:44:53 am »
US Stock markets had a down day yesterday, the first since inauguration. 1%+ is a big dip.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:46:30 am by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23952 on: March 22, 2017, 11:56:03 am »
Re: the "ideal scenario" for Democrats.  Personally, I think that they want this issue to drag on and fracture the Republican party.  A quick impeachment would give Republicans enough time to rally around a new candidate for 2018/20, and they might not lose too many of the Alt-Right if Trump goes quickly.  But if Trump digs his heels in hard, fractures the Republicans between those who want him impeached and those who don't, and make the whole thing go on for ages, then it has the potential to rip the Republican party into two.  Personally, I think that's the ideal scenario for the Democrats.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23953 on: March 22, 2017, 12:03:13 pm »
Re: the "ideal scenario" for Democrats.  Personally, I think that they want this issue to drag on and fracture the Republican party.  A quick impeachment would give Republicans enough time to rally around a new candidate for 2018/20, and they might not lose too many of the Alt-Right if Trump goes quickly.  But if Trump digs his heels in hard, fractures the Republicans between those who want him impeached and those who don't, and make the whole thing go on for ages, then it has the potential to rip the Republican party into two.  Personally, I think that's the ideal scenario for the Democrats.

I think you're onto something there.  I think the attitude of most non-Americans is that Pence will only fuck up America whereas Trump can - and probably will - fuck up the entire world.

Does anybody here think that Pence could retain the Presidency in 2020?  I'm not convinced myself.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #23954 on: March 22, 2017, 12:07:44 pm »
I think you're onto something there.  I think the attitude of most non-Americans is that Pence will only fuck up America whereas Trump can - and probably will - fuck up the entire world.

Does anybody here think that Pence could retain the Presidency in 2020?  I'm not convinced myself.

No. Trump got in on being an outsider, a Mr Smith goes to Washington figure. Pence is not that figure. He would certainly own the evangelical crowd (who, as Trump demonstrated, will vote for anyone who says pro life, even if they are obviously pandering) but he would likely not get the same white uneducated industrial heartland voters who were stupid enough to actually believe Trump would get their coal jobs back.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23955 on: March 22, 2017, 12:12:04 pm »
Lawyer For Russian Whistleblower’s Family Falls From Building One Day Before Hearing
Nikolai Gorokhov represents the family of Sergei Magnitsky, who died after exposing tax fraud by Russian officials.

By Mollie Reilly

A Moscow lawyer who represents the family of a now-deceased Russian whistleblower was severely injured Tuesday after falling several stories, just one day before he was scheduled to appear in court.

The lawyer, Nikolai Gorokhov, represents the family of Sergei Magnitsky, another Russian attorney who mysteriously died in custody in Moscow in 2009 after accusing law enforcement and tax officials of a massive fraud worth $230 million. Magnitsky’s death sparked international outrage and led to U.S. legislation in 2012 imposing sanctions on several Russian officials.

The circumstances surrounding Gorokhov’s injury are not clear.

Investor Bill Browder, a vocal critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin and the man Magnitsky was working for when he was arrested, wrote that Gorokhov was “thrown from the top floor of his apartment building” and is currently hospitalized with severe head injuries in the intensive care unit at Moscow’s Botkin Hospital.

Russian news outlets, however, said that Gorokhov was injured while attempting to lift a bathtub up to his apartment with a rope, which reportedly snapped. LifeNews, a tabloid news site seen as loyal to the Kremlin, published several photos of a broken bathtub.

Novaya Gazeta, a Russian newspaper critical of Putin, also reported that Gorokhov fell while lifting a bathtub, citing a representative of Hermitage Capital, the investment firm run by Browder. The representative implied that wasn’t the whole story and hinted at foul play.

On Wednesday, Gorokhov was supposed to appear in a Moscow appeals court. He was set to challenge a lower court’s refusal to hear a complaint filed by Magnitsky’s mother in relation to the fraud exposed by her son.   

Gorokhov was also expected to be a witness in a U.S. federal case in Manhattan tied to the alleged fraud. That case was being handled by U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, until he was ousted by President Donald Trump earlier this month.

In recent years, several notable Kremlin critics have died or been injured under mysterious circumstances.

In February, journalist Vladimir Kara-Murza was hospitalized for organ failure after experiencing symptoms similar to those when he was poisoned in 2015.

In 2015, opposition politician Boris Nemstov was shot dead in Moscow. His widow has blamed the Russian government for his death. Later that year, former Russian press minister Mikhail Lesin was found dead in Washington, D.C., after suffering blunt force trauma to the head. Lesin’s death was eventually ruled an accident related to alcohol consumption.

Boris Berezovsky, a Russian oligarch who became a Putin critic, was found dead in his home in the U.K. in 2013.

And according to the Committee to Protect Journalists, 56 members of the press, including investigative reporter Anna Politkovskaya, have been killed in Russia since 1992.

Magnitsky’s death prompted the U.S. to take measures in 2012 to punish the Russian officials believed to be responsible for his death. Russia retaliated by imposing sanctions on some U.S. officials and banning adoption of Russian children by Americans. In December last year, Congress voted to expand the law to cover human rights abusers in any country, not just Russia.   

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nikolai-gorokhov-injured-sergei-magnitsky_us_58d1a29be4b0f838c62d9023?5n&section=us_world

Not the greatest of sources, but does anyone doubt that it happened?
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23956 on: March 22, 2017, 12:18:48 pm »
No. Trump got in on being an outsider, a Mr Smith goes to Washington figure. Pence is not that figure. He would certainly own the evangelical crowd (who, as Trump demonstrated, will vote for anyone who says pro life, even if they are obviously pandering) but he would likely not get the same white uneducated industrial heartland voters who were stupid enough to actually believe Trump would get their coal jobs back.

And the Christianists were spooked by the Supreme court vacancy in the last election. There was a reason that the GOP held up the appointment. That may not be such a big factor for Christianists in 3 years time.   

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23957 on: March 22, 2017, 12:25:49 pm »
The Democrats have their breakout star

By Jennifer Rubin March 20 

Ranking member on the House Intelligence Committee Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) hardly rates as a household name. He’s a bit stiff, not your typical glad-handing politician. Nevertheless, with the primacy of the Russia investigation he has become a frequent face on TV news. His effective, precise arguments, delivered largely without hyperbole, are an effective counterpoint to the often hysterical White House utterances.

At the start of the House Intelligence hearing, Schiff methodically traced the series of events concerning President Trump’s Russia scandal. He pointedly reminded the audience and fellow lawmakers, “We will never know whether the Russian intervention was determinative in such a close election. Indeed, it is unknowable in a campaign in which so many small changes could have dictated a different result. More importantly, and for the purposes of our investigation, it simply does not matter. What does matter is this: The Russians successfully meddled in our democracy, and our intelligence agencies have concluded that they will do so again.”

Moreover, he reiterated that Trump had personally welcomed such interference after the first Wikileaks release of Hillary Clinton’s emails:

A hacker who goes by the moniker Guccifer 2.0 claims responsibility for hacking the DNC and giving the documents to Wikileaks. But leading private cybersecurity firms including CrowdStrike, Mandiant and ThreatConnect review the evidence of the hack and conclude with high certainty that it was the work of APT28 and APT29, who were known to be Russian intelligence services. The U.S. intelligence community also later confirms that the documents were in fact stolen by Russian intelligence and Guccifer 2.0 acted as a front. Also in late July, candidate Trump praises Wikileaks, says he loves them, and openly appeals to the Russians to hack his opponents’ emails, telling them that they will be richly rewarded by the press.

He also recalled that Trump confidante Roger Stone correctly predicted the release of John Podesta’s emails.

Schiff was just getting warmed up. He walked through Michael Flynn’s calls with the Russian ambassador, his lying about them and his firing. Then, like a good prosecutor (he once was one), Schiff made his closing argument:

Now, is it possible that the removal of the Ukraine provision from the GOP platform was a coincidence? Is it a coincidence that Jeff Sessions failed to tell the Senate about his meetings with the Russian ambassador, not only at the convention, but a more private meeting in his office and at a time when the U.S. election was under attack by the Russians? Is it a coincidence that Michael Flynn would lie about a conversation he had with the same Russian Ambassador Kislyak about the most pressing issue facing both countries at the time they spoke — the U.S. imposition of sanctions over Russian hacking of our election designed to help Donald Trump? Is it a coincidence that the Russian gas company Rosneft sold a 19 percent share after former British intelligence officer [Christopher] Steele was told by Russian sources that Carter Page was offered fees on a deal of just that size? Is it a coincidence that Steele’s Russian sources also affirmed that Russia had stolen documents hurtful to Secretary Clinton that it would utilize in exchange for pro-Russian policies that would later come to pass? Is it a coincidence that Roger Stone predicted that John Podesta would be the victim of a Russian hack and have his private emails published, and did so even before Mr. Podesta himself was fully aware that his private emails would be exposed?

Is it possible that all of these events and reports are completely unrelated, and nothing more than an entirely unhappy coincidence? Yes, it is possible. But it is also possible, maybe more than possible, that they are not coincidental, not disconnected and not unrelated, and that the Russians used the same techniques to corrupt U.S. persons that they have employed in Europe and elsewhere. We simply don’t know, not yet, and we owe it to the country to find out.

It’s that sort of precise, factual case — one that summons us to use common sense and reason — that will be necessary to cut through Trump’s fog of distraction and lies. Trump won’t be undone by dramatic rhetoric or showy performances. He can be revealed as a huckster and fraud only when facts and reason triumph over irrationality. If that comes to pass, a good amount of the credit should go to Schiff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/03/20/the-democrats-have-their-breakout-star/?tid=paid_outbrain&utm_term=.742d27f3cc9d
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23958 on: March 22, 2017, 01:03:43 pm »
Hillary's "crime" was never treason.

Trump seeks to empower Putin.

Americas Quisling, the new Benedict Arnold (also a false patriot).

Wouldn't you love seeing Flynn locked up?
Kill the humourless

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #23959 on: March 22, 2017, 01:16:19 pm »
Was going to NYC for my next "Big" Birthday. Barcelona or Rome will get my cash instead.

You guys aren't alone...

US tourism experiences a 'Trump slump'

Analysts estimate that President Trump has cost the US travel industry $185m in lost revenue, with significant drop in flight searches and bookings

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/feb/28/us-tourism-experiences-a-trump-slump