539 (72.8%)
Don't Know
10 (1.4%)
Don't Care
15 (2%)
I don't live in the UK
97 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 740

Author Topic: Brexit: "Vultus inanis est et mori in fossa ego sum!"  (Read 1440443 times)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brexit thread - Rocky Horror Brexit Shitshow Hallowe'en Special!
« Reply #22480 on: May 17, 2019, 06:30:25 pm »
The brexit party has sent me a letter with their vile shite in it. What do I have to write on it to send it back to them and make them pay the return postage?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22481 on: May 17, 2019, 08:51:03 pm »
Actually the popular scenario that another referendum cannot be a simple yes-no it needs to have more meat on the bones, and No Deal would probably be one of the options on the Ballot Paper. So maybe only tenuous but he is in line with the plans for a peoples vote, obviously we would need Revoke alongside it and maybe May's Final Deal.

I've said it before- the next referendum has to be a massive sheet with 50 different options that you to have to vote for, with an order so complicated that it is possible to completely contradict yourself, and any such contradiction spoils your vote.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #22482 on: May 17, 2019, 09:05:41 pm »
There won't be a credible deal that May can put to the public so we can probably rule that out. A straight fight bewteen Revoke and No Deal would be the most likely option. It has clarity, that's for sure.

I'm not sold on a 2nd ref to be honest. The only sane option is revoke as any deal, may's or otherwise, will not get through parliament (unless there is a GE). A 2nd ref is of course a half way house but its still a shit option just the least shit one left so still doesn't change the fact that its shit!

To have a revoke v no deal also presents "no deal" as a credible option when it simply isn't - its a lie of ridiculous proportions but something that can be sold lock stock and barrel to the ignorant masses (I know you aren't suggesting it is!). You can hear the nonsense already, we'll stick it to EU, we'll punish them by keeping our 39bn and save the nhs/schools/fishing industry (basically whoever they are talking to), we won the war, blah, blah... i.e. easy simpleton-trump politics for bojo and frottage to spout.

Also add in the reality that the EU is currently allowing the UK to stay. If as expected frottage and his right wingers do well in the eu election and the tories place a anti-eu idiot in the hot seat then why would they ever extend beyond October? They'll just say you're out and have your referendum and we'll let you back in if the decision is to revoke otherwise stay as you are. Of course to then extract any trade deal or even to lift transport pressures from them they'll immediately say then they want the 39bn and the backstop in place for NI then they'll talk - the "no deal" lie.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #22484 on: May 18, 2019, 08:15:48 am »
To have a revoke v no deal also presents "no deal" as a credible option when it simply isn't - its a lie of ridiculous proportions but something that can be sold lock stock and barrel to the ignorant masses (I know you aren't suggesting it is!). You can hear the nonsense already, we'll stick it to EU, we'll punish them by keeping our 39bn and save the nhs/schools/fishing industry (basically whoever they are talking to), we won the war, blah, blah... i.e. easy simpleton-trump politics for bojo and frottage to spout.

Hmm. That's a good point I hadn't thought of. Although it would originally be presented as no deal, the usual suspects would quickly have public perception be WTO Rules, with that being offered as a good thing that every other country does anyway (I've heard this idiocy put to James O'Brien  so it's out there already).

It would very quickly again become staying in the EU vs  the 'Freedom' of the WTO - Free trade deals with the world (and the EU), Global Britain, all that nonsense. We appear to be shafted.

So it has to be Remain vs "the Deal".
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #22485 on: May 18, 2019, 08:52:07 am »
A referendum needs to come as part of passing the Withdrawal Bill anyway - essentially "this bill only becomes law if there's a referendum agreeing to it". So to get one, you need to have the Lords and enough in the Commons dig in around insisting upon an amendment forcing it. So the Withdrawal Agreement (in some form) is going to have to be an option on it. Which leaves only whether it's vs 'remain' or vs 'no deal'. Why there's scepticism any time Corbyn heads into "I fully support a referendum against 'no deal'" territory.

Agree with drmick and Bob, I think, practically, now that the alternatives are revoke or 'no deal' (leading to an acceptance of the Withdrawal Agreement). As no-one wants to pay the political price for revoke, and most of the Conservative candidates for leader aren't quite so batshit to want to risk 'no deal' (exceptions apply) then we're looking at heading back to the EU end of October to beg for more time. Which has its own costs even if granted.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22486 on: May 18, 2019, 03:40:05 pm »
Actually the popular scenario that another referendum cannot be a simple yes-no it needs to have more meat on the bones, and No Deal would probably be one of the options on the Ballot Paper. So maybe only tenuous but he is in line with the plans for a peoples vote, obviously we would need Revoke alongside it and maybe May's Final Deal.

The way that Corbyn phrased it was that a no-deal Brexit would trigger a referendum, not what would be on the ballot paper. This is a change, or at least an omission, from what he previously said; that a 'Tory Brexit' would trigger a referendum.

Starmer came out today and clearly stated that when May brings the withdrawal legislation before Parliament in June it should have a referendum attached. This should now be Labour policy by their own rules. No general election, no 'lexit' deal, so therefore a referendum is the only remaining option. Corbyn must now come out and back up Starmer, make it clear policy for the June vote and then whip it.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #22487 on: May 18, 2019, 04:02:44 pm »
I thought it was just a Tommy Robinson thing.

Sky News
‏Verified account @SkyNews
5m5 minutes ago

Nigel Frottage: McDonald's asked not to sell milkshakes during rally

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 04:06:39 pm by Big Jezza’s Jizza »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #22488 on: May 18, 2019, 05:16:52 pm »

Burger King
‏Verified account @BurgerKingUK

Dear people of Scotland. 

We’re selling milkshakes all weekend.

Have fun. 

Love BK

#justsaying
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22489 on: May 18, 2019, 07:31:44 pm »
Anne Widdecombe says leave voters knew what they voted for, they knew future generations would have no say over the laws and the borders and the trade and the democracy in the country they were born  >:(

Femi
Those who "Remainers are calling you thick" whenever anyone says Leavers were lied to ARE THE ONES DOING THE LYING.
Every person clapping is showing they believe Ann Widdecombe's lies.

"No say"? Days before the EU Elections? Unbelievable. (yet believed)
https://twitter.com/Femi_Sorry/status/1129763804592648194
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22490 on: May 18, 2019, 11:27:01 pm »
Quite a few people I know have received the Brexit party information and I've passed the word around with friends and family, it's angered a few people who have been made up to find out that there is a way of hitting them back in the wallet.

A reminder of the process.

Return to sender

If you get junk mail with a return address on the envelope, you should:

Write “unsolicited mail, return to sender” on the envelope.

Post it - you don’t have to pay.

This won’t guarantee that you won’t get any more junk mail, but it’s a way of letting the company know that you don’t want any more mail.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/post/stop-getting-junk-mail/
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22491 on: May 19, 2019, 12:09:42 am »
I've received the Brexit Party flyer and the "Tommy" flyer...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #22492 on: May 19, 2019, 08:16:27 am »
I've received the Brexit Party flyer and the "Tommy" flyer...
Ripped my Brexit party foyer upin the street and chucked it in the bin.

‘I’m not voting for that bunch of racists’.  Woman walking past was clearly annoyed at that, but be8g British just tutted loudly.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22493 on: May 19, 2019, 09:17:48 am »
I got one addressed to me - back in the post box with 'return to sender'. I hope the Post Office doesn't just junk these.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:51:15 am by TSC »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22495 on: May 19, 2019, 12:18:00 pm »
Corbyn today pretending to back a second referendum without ever saying ‘I back a second referendum’.

His weasel words designed to fool people into voting for brexit.  He confirmed he wanted to stop freedom of movement.  What more do people need to know?  He’s as brexit as Farrage
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #22496 on: May 19, 2019, 12:29:18 pm »
The wanabee Luton footie hooligan with multiple names who seems to spend most of his time in court & may coin it in (further) if successful in EU elections.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/01/tommy-robinson-change-name-real-name-stephen-yaxley-lennon-7786799/

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/crime/judge-tells-tommy-robinson-he-s-not-as-well-known-as-he-thinks-he-is-as-he-loses-police-harassment-case-1-8854860

https://www.the-round.co.uk/charges-on-tommy-robinson-rap-sheet/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/0/tommy-robinson-european-elections-mep/

Stupid American fascists were out in Manchester city centre yesterday. Thought they'd own the libs by posting vox pops of people on the streets being asked about him and replying "He's a c*nt". Failing to take a hint, they then headed up into Oldham with him where they proceeded to get egged and bricked (no-one injured - don't throw bricks peeps). Don't think getting elected is the primary aim, although fucking BNP vote here heh, he's being funded to try and cause scenes which will get the far right in the US going. 
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #22497 on: May 20, 2019, 11:22:23 am »
The Huwawei spat could be a genuine attempt by U.S security advisers to protect their interests.

But given Trump's M.O, and his protectionist tendencies, the whole episode should serve as a warning to "No Dealers" like the ERG, and supporters of Frottage, about ditching E.U trade deals in favour of U.S ones.

But it won't.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #22498 on: May 20, 2019, 01:39:32 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48337499

Gordon Brown accuses the brexit party of taking ‘undeclared, untraceable donations’, saying it’s a threat to democracy; the brexit party effectively admits it; Frottage accuses Brown of ‘a disgusting smear’.  Guess which one gets the headline?  I don’t think the BBC even realise they’re doing it.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #22499 on: May 20, 2019, 02:46:12 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48337499

Gordon Brown accuses the brexit party of taking ‘undeclared, untraceable donations’, saying it’s a threat to democracy; the brexit party effectively admits it;Frottage accuses Brown of ‘a disgusting smear’.  Guess which one gets the headline?  I don’t think the BBC even realise they’re doing it.
at least they posted this!

"Nigel Frottage is not going to be remembered as he wants, as the man of the people – he's going to be remembered as the man of the PayPal"

:lmao

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22500 on: May 20, 2019, 05:00:58 pm »
I don’t think it’s right to throw milkshakes at politicians.  Even the ones I hate.

But I must say the guy who threw a milkshake on Farrage today have one of the funniest answers to the press I’ve ever read

Paul Crowther, arrested for throwing a £5.25 banana and salted caramel Five Guys milkshake on Nigel Frottage, said as he stood in handcuffs: “I was quite looking forward to it, but I think it went on a better purpose.”

W

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22501 on: May 20, 2019, 05:59:53 pm »
at least they posted this!

"Nigel Frottage is not going to be remembered as he wants, as the man of the people – he's going to be remembered as the man of the PayPal"

Love it  :)
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22502 on: May 20, 2019, 06:05:56 pm »
Jeremy Corbyn has just said on Marr that any Brexit deal should be put to a referendum with an option to remain

Labour is unequivocally the party for Remain - & the only party that can stop Frottage and stop Brexit!

2:42 am - 19 May 2019

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/1130046166845009921

Labour sources insisting Jeremy Corbyn has not announced a shift in the party’s second referendum police.
First priority remains a general election, with the option of a public vote to prevent a “bad Tory deal” or no deal.
Option of a vote on any deal still on table as well.

4:55 am - 19 May 2019

https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/1130079442762698752

Just told Radio Wiltshire thar Labour supports a second referendum with an option to remain - on any deal, as Jeremy Corbyn said yesterday

12:01 am - 20 May 2019

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/1130368020327673856

Tit.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:07:44 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22503 on: May 20, 2019, 06:12:33 pm »

I think the penny has dropped and people are now fed up with their bullshit on Brexit

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22504 on: May 20, 2019, 07:10:31 pm »
I think the penny has dropped and people are now fed up with their bullshit on Brexit
But is it not too late? The problem is that Corbyn is completely untrustworthy - can the electorate rely upon his far-too-late conversion? How confident do you feel about Corbyn sticking to this? I know I have no confidence in him at all.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22505 on: May 20, 2019, 07:13:57 pm »
But is it not too late? The problem is that Corbyn is completely untrustworthy - can the electorate rely upon his far-too-late conversion? How confident do you feel about Corbyn sticking to this? I know I have no confidence in him at all.
Untrustworthy?

He’s voted against Europe for over 30 years. He’s doing exactly what he’s always done.  Why people thought he would back staying in the EU is beyond me.  He’s been utterly consistent and has just used woolly language to disguise it.

But worst he wrong, utterly wrong, and he’s utterly incompetent.
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22506 on: May 20, 2019, 07:30:57 pm »
Untrustworthy?

He’s voted against Europe for over 30 years. He’s doing exactly what he’s always done.  Why people thought he would back staying in the EU is beyond me.  He’s been utterly consistent and has just used woolly language to disguise it.

But worst he wrong, utterly wrong, and he’s utterly incompetent.
Of course he is untrustworthy (and wrong, and incompetent). There is no question about that. What I mean is, will enough Labour voters believe he will now actually deliver a confirmatory referendum vote including 'Remain' to make a difference in the EU election? I know I expect nothing more of him than to use more weasel words to justify reversing his latest comments about revocation as an option in a new referendum and come to an agreement with May to pass a version of her deal which will be acceptable to the EU.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 07:32:32 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22507 on: May 20, 2019, 07:36:35 pm »
Brexit: New UK PM will not alter withdrawal deal - Coveney

Ireland's deputy prime minister has ruled out any renegotiation of the Brexit withdrawal deal if Theresa May is replaced as UK prime minister.

Speaking on RTÉ, Tánaiste Simon Coveney said "the personality might change but the facts don't".

He described Mrs May as a "decent person" and strongly criticised Conservative MPs at Westminster.

Mrs May has promised to set a timetable for the election of her successor after the next Brexit vote.

Mr Coveney described political events at Westminster as "extraordinary", as he questioned the logic of politicians who believed a change of leader would deliver changes to the agreement struck by Mrs May.

He said Conservative MPs were "impossible" on the issue of Brexit.

"The EU has said very clearly that the Withdrawal Agreement has been negotiated over two-and-a-half years, it was agreed with the British government and the British cabinet and it's not up for renegotiation, even if there is a new British prime minister," he said.

He told RTÉ's This Week programme that many British politicians "don't, quite frankly, understand the complexity of politics in Northern Ireland".

"They have tried to dumb this debate down into a simplistic argument whereby it's Britain versus the EU, as opposed to two friends tying to navigate through the complexity of a very, very difficult agreement," he added.

Mr Coveney also said the Irish government would continue to focus significant efforts and financial resources towards planning for a no-deal Brexit scenario, following Friday's collapse of Brexit talks in the UK.

He said time was of the essence for the UK to get a deal through Parliament, adding that he was concerned Britain would not "get its act together over summer" and leave without a deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48330965

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22508 on: May 20, 2019, 08:16:44 pm »
Did anybody get this email from the Labour party today? Cloud cuckoo land if you ask me, the manifesto makes interesting reading. For some reason the wording that they have used reminds me of a letter VW sent me about my car after they were caught cheating the emissions tests. Apparently there were no problems and they hadn't done anything wrong but they were willing to offer me a free software update which wouldn't effect economy, performance or emissions.  ;D

Also why do Labour keep asking for money in all these emails?

Nigel Frottage is out selling snake oil up and down the UK.

Austerity has driven Britain to the edge. In a country where in-work poverty is rising and productivity is in freefall, the lies from the likes of Frottage are taking root in a fertile soil of anger and dissatisfaction. And only Labour has the anti-austerity policies that will bring us together.

In the EU elections, Labour is the only party with a plan to unite Britain. This Thursday, we're fighting to bring our communities together in hope, not fear.

Find my nearest polling station

Read the manifesto

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/transforming-britain-and-europe/?utm_source=bsd&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EUGOTV1&source=20190520_EUGOTV1&subsource=bsd_email

You've seen the polls. The European Elections are between us and the divisive rhetoric of the far right like Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, who goes by the stage name Tommy Robinson. Labour will end austerity, invest in communities, rebuild our public services, and ensure those with the broadest shoulders pay their fair share. Economic justice, not bigotry and division, must resolve the Brexit deadlock and address the major issues facing our country.

We're the only party that can do this, and we can only do it together.

It's time to make a difference in North West England. Labour will transform Europe and transform Britain for the many, not the few.

Thank you.
Team Labour

With just three days to go, supporters like you are working across the UK to share our message of unity. But we can't do it without your support. From leaflets to organising, your gift will help us bring this country together.

Will you chip in to help fight the right?

Yes, I'll chip in £1
Yes, I'll chip in £3
Yes, I'll chip in £8

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #22509 on: May 20, 2019, 08:24:14 pm »
I think remain are going to get battered at the elections as they have nobody to rally behind, the conservatives and labour will still get a large, albeit heavily cut vote. Brexit party and ukip to storm ahead. Changeuk, the greens , the libdems and whoever else just aren't doing it.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #22510 on: May 20, 2019, 08:29:48 pm »
I think the effort Labour are putting into these European elections suggests they have no intention of leaving the EU. ;)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #22511 on: May 20, 2019, 08:32:53 pm »
Did anybody get this email from the Labour party today? Cloud cuckoo land if you ask me, the manifesto makes interesting reading. For some reason the wording that they have used reminds me of a letter VW sent me about my car after they were caught cheating the emissions tests. Apparently there were no problems and they hadn't done anything wrong but they were willing to offer me a free software update which wouldn't effect economy, performance or emissions.  ;D

Also why do Labour keep asking for money in all these emails?

Nigel Frottage is out selling snake oil up and down the UK.

Austerity has driven Britain to the edge. In a country where in-work poverty is rising and productivity is in freefall, the lies from the likes of Frottage are taking root in a fertile soil of anger and dissatisfaction. And only Labour has the anti-austerity policies that will bring us together.

In the EU elections, Labour is the only party with a plan to unite Britain. This Thursday, we're fighting to bring our communities together in hope, not fear.

Find my nearest polling station

Read the manifesto

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/transforming-britain-and-europe/?utm_source=bsd&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EUGOTV1&source=20190520_EUGOTV1&subsource=bsd_email

You've seen the polls. The European Elections are between us and the divisive rhetoric of the far right like Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, who goes by the stage name Tommy Robinson. Labour will end austerity, invest in communities, rebuild our public services, and ensure those with the broadest shoulders pay their fair share. Economic justice, not bigotry and division, must resolve the Brexit deadlock and address the major issues facing our country.

We're the only party that can do this, and we can only do it together.

It's time to make a difference in North West England. Labour will transform Europe and transform Britain for the many, not the few.

Thank you.
Team Labour

With just three days to go, supporters like you are working across the UK to share our message of unity. But we can't do it without your support. From leaflets to organising, your gift will help us bring this country together.

Will you chip in to help fight the right?

Yes, I'll chip in £1
Yes, I'll chip in £3
Yes, I'll chip in £8

That is weird. It's between Labour and Tommy Robinson? What's that all about? They're against Frottage but no mention of Brexit.

I listened to a Labour candidate on the Remainiacs podcast who was questioned about Labour's strategy and why they weren't talking about Brexit in their manifesto - she was saying we need to have the right policies in Europe - despite it being Labour policy to leave the EU.

And that reads as if it's targetted specifically at the NorthWest. I wonder if they have different ones for different areas?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22512 on: May 20, 2019, 09:07:36 pm »
That is weird. It's between Labour and Tommy Robinson? What's that all about? They're against Frottage but no mention of Brexit.

I listened to a Labour candidate on the Remainiacs podcast who was questioned about Labour's strategy and why they weren't talking about Brexit in their manifesto - she was saying we need to have the right policies in Europe - despite it being Labour policy to leave the EU.

And that reads as if it's targetted specifically at the NorthWest. I wonder if they have different ones for different areas?

They do, the Scottish leaflets were in Welsh.  ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48263984

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22513 on: May 20, 2019, 09:15:14 pm »
Blimey. @Channel4News says it has been told by @TheBrexitPartly it has been banned from all future events hosted by the party. They have apparently been blacklisted because of an incident involving access to a Leave Means Leave rally 6 weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1130537915799527424

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22514 on: May 20, 2019, 09:16:10 pm »
I think remain are going to get battered at the elections as they have nobody to rally behind, the conservatives and labour will still get a large, albeit heavily cut vote. Brexit party and ukip to storm ahead. Changeuk, the greens , the libdems and whoever else just aren't doing it.
The polls seem to suggest you're right. having said that there is something called the Frottage effect. the more popular Frottage becomes to the hard core leavers the less support for Brexit. we shall see.
I do agree over the remain support having no main party to rally around, am sure remain would have won the popular vote if Labour had been pro remain but there votes will be either ignored or classed as leave when the final count comes in. tragic as this was the perfect opportunity for Corbyn to win power. he blew it big time and I doubt if the party will ever be as powerful again.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22515 on: May 20, 2019, 09:44:20 pm »
The polls seem to suggest you're right. having said that there is something called the Frottage effect. the more popular Frottage becomes to the hard core leavers the less support for Brexit. we shall see.
I do agree over the remain support having no main party to rally around, am sure remain would have won the popular vote if Labour had been pro remain but there votes will be either ignored or classed as leave when the final count comes in. tragic as this was the perfect opportunity for Corbyn to win power. he blew it big time and I doubt if the party will ever be as powerful again.

I think we would've seen a massive Labour vote if they came out full Remain, but not to be.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22516 on: May 20, 2019, 09:48:19 pm »
I enjoyed Soames and Subry taking it in turns to call Brexiteers lunatics. Tory Brexiteers as well.

I also wish there was a betting market on how quickly the Guardian would write a piece on it about ‘Remainer’ arrogance and it being an example of why people voted Brexit.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #22517 on: May 20, 2019, 10:06:53 pm »
I don’t think it’s right to throw milkshakes at politicians.  Even the ones I hate.

But I must say the guy who threw a milkshake on Farrage today have one of the funniest answers to the press I’ve ever read

You know when you've been milkshaked.
 :lmao :lmao :lmao
#Sausages

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #22518 on: May 20, 2019, 10:09:21 pm »
https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1130537915799527424
Banning of free media from political activity is classic fascism.......so it continues......

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #22519 on: May 20, 2019, 10:11:47 pm »
Lord Michael Heseltine has the tory whip withdrawn, after saying he'll vote for Lib Dems, over the tories Brexit stance
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48344485
#Sausages