Author Topic: Southampton v Liverpool (St. Mary's) August 17th, 2019 3pm  (Read 27141 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Southampton v Liverpool (St. Mary's) August 17th, 2019 3pm
« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2019, 02:51:37 pm »
It’s only the middle of August. The players are fine, nobody is tired.

I would never rest the front three unless their legs started falling off. The midfield is a different story. I’d rotate every game, which is what it looks like.

Pretty much

And the ones moaning that we’re not resting them would be right at the front of the queue moaning if we rested one of them and didn’t win.

The ones who looked particularly knackered in the week are on the bench. I’d like to think the medical guys are a little bit ahead of us in knowing who can play what.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #321 on: August 17, 2019, 02:53:36 pm »
Man, Salah's legs will be wee, diddy red stumps up around his nuts by the time this season is over. I would love to see a minutes break down of the games he has played in all competition (domestic and international) over the last 18 months to 2 years. I bet he is miles ahead of anyone else in the squad. Mind you, Messi was like that too, wanting to play every game... he just never ran as much as Salah does.

So, like Shaqiri's then? ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: August 17, 2019, 02:53:44 pm »
Like the lineup. Feel a lot more confident of a result than I was weds night.

Think it's far too early to be writing off the influence that Origi, Brewster, Shaq etc will have on our season. We probably won't see too much rotation until the weekend/midweek/weekend/midweek flow truly kicks in towards the middle of September. Quite bizarre to see Origi mentioned anyway seeing as he started the first game, scored and assisted and then got significant minutes in the only other game we've played.

As for fitness, if Klopp and our fitness team are happy, so am I. Like the transfer market, their track record has earned respect and trust.

Come on the reds.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: August 17, 2019, 02:56:05 pm »
In some respects this is the tail end of pre-season for the late comers ie. the front three so getting the requisite mileage in their legs should not be a concern.

We should be too strong for Soton today. Up the tricky Reds.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #324 on: August 17, 2019, 03:15:00 pm »
what are Robertson and VVD arguing about all game?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him