Author Topic: Southampton v Liverpool (St. Mary's) August 17th, 2019 3pm  (Read 27301 times)

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: Southampton v Liverpool (St. Mary's) August 17th, 2019 3pm
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2019, 01:02:15 pm »
If Lonergan does play I wonder who will be sub. I bet Ray Clemence still has his boots.
May as well pick Michael Stensgard, way things are going.
AHA!

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2019, 01:17:24 pm »
Need the mentality giants to show it again tomorrow, a lot of character required in testing circumstances. Soton were pony last week but it will be a different game for them at home considering their fans have some sort of vendetta against us for taking some of their players and very handsome prices.

If available -

Adrian, TAA, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Firmino, Origi.

Hendo put in a big shift over 120 minutes the other night and out of the front three Mo played the duration. Klopp may throw him in anyway as he seems a supreme athlete but we certainly don't want to lose him for any period of time with a muscle injury, given how explosive he is.

Shaq's well rested and Lallana was trained in the six during pre-season for a reason.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2019, 01:17:52 pm »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2019, 01:25:55 pm »

can't be sure, but I'm pretty certain, last season was just ridiculous, I can't see any team bar Abu Dhabi - who have two first 11's that would finish top 4, can sustain that sort of run.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2019, 01:31:29 pm »
Lonergan
Hoever
Lovren
Van Den Berg
Robertson
Lallana
Chirivella
Shaqiri
Kent
Brewster
Harvey

They'll be hungry and up for it
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2019, 01:42:48 pm »
Southampton will be well up for this after the week we've had. First and second choice keepers injured, Keita injured and the rest of the team absolutely knackered after the Super Cup. People will say that the opposition would be fired up regardless, but I think circumstances like this give teams an added incentive.

This is exactly the sort of game where we might have to cash in on individual brilliance. Expecting a tough, scrappy match and hoping something special from one of our front three can settle it.

Plus the bad loss to Burnley. Even before the 2 hours of football in istanbul I was annoyed about that result - much more helpful to play teams who feel they can rest on their laurels rather than concentrating trying hard to put things right after a shite performance

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2019, 01:44:02 pm »
Do we really think Salah won't start?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2019, 01:45:49 pm »
The fittest football player in modern history? He could play 3 games in a row no problem. He's definitely starting tomorrow.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2019, 01:48:09 pm »
The fittest football player in modern history? He could play 3 games in a row no problem. He's definitely starting tomorrow.
Be good to test his hamstrings' resolve, yeh

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2019, 01:55:40 pm »

I would really, really hope so. Wouldn't like to think we played him for longer than necessary on Wednesday, at the expense of him starting v Southampton.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2019, 01:59:38 pm »
I’d be very surprised if he’s not in the team, not sure if it’s just perception but he very rarely gets subbed in comparison to Bobby or Mane. Jurgen seems to want him on the field at all times unless the game is done or he’s injured.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2019, 02:03:45 pm »
I’d be very surprised if he’s not in the team, not sure if it’s just perception but he very rarely gets subbed in comparison to Bobby or Mane. Jurgen seems to want him on the field at all times unless the game is done or he’s injured.

Because he doesn't do as much tracking back or pressing as those two.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2019, 02:07:46 pm »
Lonergan
Hoever
Lovren
Van Den Berg
Robertson
Lallana
Chirivella
Shaqiri
Kent
Brewster
Harvey

They'll be hungry and up for it

If that team started there'd be a rush of calls to A and E in Liverpool.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2019, 02:18:53 pm »
Great OP Trend.

This season has a funny feel to it and seems like we are stuttering, despite an opening day win and bagging a trophy in the last week. Perhaps its the quiet transfer window, mixed pre-season, and recent injuries to Allisson, Keita, and now Adrian.

Either way, we should be beating this Southampton side. Some say play our strongest team, but I think we need to rotate, partly through necessity/injury, but also to give players a run of games to pick up form and fitness. Although we should approach every game to win and not get complacent, I'd like to see Ox and Shaqiri in for this one (possibly Lallana as a sub), with Origi an early replacement for Mane if we get a comfortable lead (he's a machine but needs some rest). They'll be some tired legs after 120 minutes on Wednesday and its pointless risking injury or a jaded performance so early in the season against beatable opposition.

Adrian (if fit)/Lonergan, Robertson, Matip, VVD, Trent, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, AoC, Shaqiri, Salah, Mane

With so many competitions available to win this season (and knowing we'll need a cricket score of points again to keep pace with City), its difficult to know when and how to rotate, but the benefit this season is we have a stronger bench without signing anyone, just by virtue of having Ox and Gomez back in the mix. Hopefully a comfortable win with no new injuries, and I fancy Spurs to take points off City to give us an early season boost.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2019, 02:25:29 pm »
At this rate, provisional team sheet:

Lonergan

That-bloke-who-looks-like-Klopp-who-does-fitness
Van Den Berg

Phil Babb
Craig off Big Brother

Fordy
Daniel Craig
Adam Lallana

Origi
Brewster
Samuel L. Jackson

Should be enough for Southampton.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:30:34 pm by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2019, 02:33:22 pm »
It’s not remotely must win... please someone stop the madness

I think when people say this they mean we must continue to be consistent against the bottom 10 sides to have a chance - not a 'must-win' that means disaster if we lose. A true 'must-win' game is based on the context - i.e. a cup game where we have to win to get to the next round, or a game in the closing stages of the season where mathematically we must win to stay in the race (or win the title).

Regardless of the terminology anyone uses, there's no doubt we will need to be almost as consistent as were last year against the bottom sides, whilst ideally taking points off City and drawing less games. The standards are that high now.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2019, 02:38:49 pm »
Great OP Trend.

This season has a funny feel to it and seems like we are stuttering, despite an opening day win and bagging a trophy in the last week. Perhaps its the quiet transfer window, mixed pre-season, and recent injuries to Allisson, Keita, and now Adrian.

Either way, we should be beating this Southampton side. Some say play our strongest team, but I think we need to rotate, partly through necessity/injury, but also to give players a run of games to pick up form and fitness. Although we should approach every game to win and not get complacent, I'd like to see Ox and Shaqiri in for this one (possibly Lallana as a sub), with Origi an early replacement for Mane if we get a comfortable lead (he's a machine but needs some rest). They'll be some tired legs after 120 minutes on Wednesday and its pointless risking injury or a jaded performance so early in the season against beatable opposition.

Adrian (if fit)/Lonergan, Robertson, Matip, VVD, Trent, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, AoC, Shaqiri, Salah, Mane

With so many competitions available to win this season (and knowing we'll need a cricket score of points again to keep pace with City), its difficult to know when and how to rotate, but the benefit this season is we have a stronger bench without signing anyone, just by virtue of having Ox and Gomez back in the mix. Hopefully a comfortable win with no new injuries, and I fancy Spurs to take points off City to give us an early season boost.

Bobby only came on at ht on Weds and given the impact he made I’d be surprised if he doesn’t start. If any of the front 3 don’t start and I suspect they will, the most likely change is probably Origi for Mane due to Mane’s reduced pre-season but then we’re resting our 2 goal man from Weds so wouldn’t be at all surprised to see all 3 play from the start if all are fit and well.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:40:46 pm by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2019, 02:40:50 pm »
To be fair to Gomez, Matip made some horrendous mistakes last night too. I reckon penalties were just "fated."

The jury is out on whether Ox is still a top level player. Perhaps he just needs more time to find his rhythm. I would not start him in a must-win game. The pressure of the run-in with City will crush us if we start dropping points so soon. This game is a must-win. Mo-Bobby-Sadio please.

Wow. Not sure you're gonna make it through until May.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2019, 02:42:07 pm »

Lonergan

Van Den Berg

Phil Babb
Craig off Big Brother

Fordy
Daniel Craig
Adam Lallana

Origi
Brewster
Samuel L. Jackson

No Mr Bean? #KloppOut

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2019, 02:46:43 pm »
Big test, especially with City Spurs coming after.

Hopefully they will think they can get at a tired team and come out all guns blazing. We should be able to pick them off comfortably.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2019, 02:48:27 pm »
No Mr Bean? #KloppOut

He's a fictional character, silly!

:)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2019, 03:28:56 pm »
Adrian says he is optimistic that he'll be playing tomorrow - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49369915.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2019, 04:30:48 pm »
Yup. It just isn't happening, last season was ridiculous. 1 loss all season in the league, just bonkers.

But people expect more this season, it's going to be unbearably tedious on match threads here all season because of it  :D

Going to be? It's already been tedious in the PRESEASON threads.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2019, 05:36:43 pm »
These are going to be really bang up for it. Like with Chelsea in the week their hammering the previous game is bad news for us, they'll have a big reaction. Their manager has give them the haidryer treatment.

We have to be well at it to get a result. It's going to be similar to Newcastle away last season, off the back of Barca away on the Wednesday. We're just going to have to try and somehow sneak a win.

In the circumstances a draw isn't too bad, but puts pressure on to win next week. It's going to be very hard to get anything.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2019, 05:41:30 pm »
We're going to live or die by the Mane, Bobby, Salah front line.  All 3 are going to start would be my guess and we'll win because they are.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2019, 05:43:56 pm »
These are going to be really bang up for it. Like with Chelsea in the week their hammering the previous game is bad news for us, they'll have a big reaction. Their manager has give them the haidryer treatment.

We have to be well at it to get a result. It's going to be similar to Newcastle away last season, off the back of Barca away on the Wednesday. We're just going to have to try and somehow sneak a win.

In the circumstances a draw isn't too bad, but puts pressure on to win next week. It's going to be very hard to get anything.

I think it will be an ugly game and I think we'll struggle at times in the match, but we've got the quality to win. They gave us a tough game down there last season and we only put the game to bed in the last 10 mins.
YWNA

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2019, 05:59:03 pm »
I think it will be an ugly game and I think we'll struggle at times in the match, but we've got the quality to win. They gave us a tough game down there last season and we only put the game to bed in the last 10 mins.

Having a fresh Henderson and Milner on the bench to bring on swung that. They overran us until then (I think Southampton tired a bit as well later on). They'll be at us from the off.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2019, 06:04:20 pm »
Cracking OP Trend, thanks for that mate.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2019, 06:16:18 pm »

If available -

Adrian, TAA, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Lallana, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Firmino, Origi.

I just think playing Lallana and Shaq at the same time loses a bit of steel. Otherwise it is possibly the line up Klopp would go with.

Really frustrating to see Keita getting injured so often.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2019, 07:01:57 pm »
I just think playing Lallana and Shaq at the same time loses a bit of steel. Otherwise it is possibly the line up Klopp would go with.

Really frustrating to see Keita getting injured so often.

Agreed mate, I think it's that lineup minus Shaqiri with one of Milner/Chamberlain instead.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2019, 07:07:58 pm »
It's mad that dropped points this early could hurt anyone but the strength and consistency of City means any points dropped in these games, this early will make the task much more difficult. It's the reality of it sadly.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #191 on: August 16, 2019, 08:31:34 pm »
Yup. And with a week to rest and train before the next game. First choice players will play if fit.
Does the week after the game somehow reduce the miniscule amount of time between the games? If there isn't any rotation, then I can't imagine it will be with the fitness team's full blessing.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2019, 08:33:32 pm »
What a post, Trend. My God.
Agreed, I should have said that before but thank you Trend for a really quality and fun OP.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2019, 08:41:48 pm »
Adrian says he is optimistic that he'll be playing tomorrow - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49369915.

Thank Fowler for that  :thumbup

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #194 on: August 16, 2019, 09:21:50 pm »
Cracking OP Trend, thanks for that mate.

Grateful to be here!   ;)

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2019, 03:14:33 am »
We need to play the best team we possibly can today and the best team will be the one that is 100% fit and fully recovered irrespective of individual players..

All we need to do is cast our minds back to the champions league semi final second leg at Anfield.. Was it our best team on the night? Absolutely it was.. Was it our best team on paper? No way.. But it was the 'team' that won that match and it will be the 'team' that wins, loses or draws today..

So whichever team Klopp puts out, let's get behind it and support them to pick up the 3 points..
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 04:11:48 am by 88_RED »
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2019, 03:26:01 am »
Great OP Trend
Excited  for the game.
Couris how we will rotate players in for the game
I think we may go something like
Adrian
Trent-Lovren or Matip-Virgil-Robertson
Fabinho-Gini
Lallana-Firmino-mane
Salah

I would like to see Lallana or Ox in a Mf type so they are penetration player

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2019, 03:26:10 am »
This is just our first good chance to start writing this years legend. 0-6. A Lonergan stormer with a very late Shaq lob from 35 yards. Boom 0-1. Whatever it takes.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2019, 03:55:16 am »
Great OP Trend
Excited  for the game.
Couris how we will rotate players in for the game
I think we may go something like
Adrian
Trent-Lovren or Matip-Virgil-Robertson
Fabinho-Gini
Lallana-Firmino-mane
Salah

I would like to see Lallana or Ox in a Mf type so they are penetration player

That's a terrible poem, mate.

It doesn't even rhyme.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2019, 04:05:55 am »

Lonergan

Van Den Berg

Phil Babb
Craig off Big Brother

Fordy
Daniel Craig
Adam Lallana

Origi
Brewster
Samuel L. Jackson

Looks good, that. :)
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?