Author Topic: CL Final Liverpool (Champions of Europe)2 vs Spurs 0 - Salah 2' (Pen) Origi 87’  (Read 192671 times)

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
''.. it's come to ORIGI.....  the ribbons are red... ''   :scarf :scarf :champ :scarf :scarf

Brilliant that isn't it.
Although Hargreaves on the co-commentary is so insipid

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Great result.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Ah, its not as close in standard between pot 1 and 2 as I remembered. Just being in any pot and getting Zenit + 2 others is a dream draw

POT 1:  Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester City, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Zenit St Petersburg

POT 2 (provisional): Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, FC Porto*, Tottenham Hotspur, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Shakhtar Donetsk, Ajax*

POT 3 (provisional):  Benfica, Dynamo Kiev*, Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen, FC Salzburg, Valencia, Inter Milan, Celtic*

POT 4 (provisional):  FC Copenhagen*, Dinamo Zagreb*, Lokomotiv Moscow, Genk, Galatasaray, RB Leipzig, Atalanta, Lille

This would be ideal:
US
Porto/Ajax
Leverkusen/Salzburg/Celtic
Any

Really don't think the Europa League winners should be in Pot 1 - Pot 2 is more reasonable.

What I get from seeing that is that even being in Pot 1 doesn't guarantee you an easy ride.  It's not like Real or Atletico are pushovers for example.  That said, there are no easy games at this level - last year's group stage showed us that.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Right now I'd happy take Porto,Genk and Celtic/salzburg

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
  • The Greatest player to wear No.25 for Liverpool
    • The Inside Right
I prepared a detailed analysis of the Champions League Final here with bundles of screenshots if anyone is interested. The thread has a post for each situation. You click on the hashtag in each post to go that individual situation. The one below is #UCL2019Review13

https://twitter.com/RoryFitz9/status/1160526592285847552?s=20

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I prepared a detailed analysis of the Champions League Final here with bundles of screenshots if anyone is interested. The thread has a post for each situation. You click on the hashtag in each post to go that individual situation. The one below is #UCL2019Review13

This is really good fun, and impressively put together. Looks exhaustive. Thanks very much for sharing it.

I'm only half way through looking at the extra media posts and really enjoying reliving the various moments. Particularly like the highlighted occasions where Spurs had managed to break past our initial press, and your analysis of the one on one defending and covering from TAA and Matip especially.

p.s. I couldn't get the hashtag links to work for me, but found the extra posts by clicking the Media tab on your page.

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
  • The Greatest player to wear No.25 for Liverpool
    • The Inside Right
Thank you, I'm glad you liked it - especially the comment about enjoying reliving the game.

Thats what I wanted - for people to enjoy it from a different perspective  :)

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Meh, are we still on about this match? It's old news, it was two trophies ago!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Meh, are we still on about this match? It's old news, it was two trophies ago!
Yeah, typical.

Living off past glories and whatnot.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Yeah, typical.

Living off past glories and whatnot.
"We live in the past, we live in the past, like Man United, we live in the past... "  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
It's weird.
Whenever I see the European Cup/Champions League trophy in photos now in and around our players, it just looks surreal to me.
I can't explain the feeling in words. Probably because I'm not the best with words!
I know we won it. And it's been a few months since we did.
But just seeing the Cup with us is......still a strange feeling. An example being seeing the Cup with Virg promoting the latest FIFA game.
Are we really champions of Europe again?

It's weird because 2005 took less time to sink in and that was truly a spectacular moment.

But this one in 2019......I don't know why, but it's still got that surreal feeling to it.
It might be because all me emotions were heavily invested in the 2017/18 season's CL run to the final AND then more emotions heavily invested in the 2018/19 season with our Premier League title chase. So maybe the actual winning of Big Ears at the end of all of that caught me numb or something.

Anyone else feel like this?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
It's weird.
Whenever I see the European Cup/Champions League trophy in photos now in and around our players, it just looks surreal to me.
I can't explain the feeling in words. Probably because I'm not the best with words!
But just seeing the Cup with us is......still a strange feeling. An example being seeing the Cup with Virg promoting the latest FIFA game.

It's weird because 2005 took less time to sink in and that was truly a spectacular moment.

But this one in 2019......I don't know why, but it's still got that surreal feeling to it.
It might be because all me emotions were heavily invested in the 2017/18 season's CL run to the final AND then more emotions heavily invested in the 2018/19 season with our Premier League title chase. So maybe the actual winning of Big Ears at the end of all of that caught me numb or something.

So we've won the Champions League again?

How many times have we won it now?

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
So we've won the Champions League again?

How many times have we won it now?
I think it's 5 or 6....could be wrong though....

No wait, it's six, definitely six...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
All glorified Community Shield's anyway

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nah it was a glorified Europa league final

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
It's weird.

yes! it still doesnt feel real. but it fucking was. what a magical weekend it was. so happy i decided to head into liverpool for it. ill never forget the night!

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm a bit like this, too. Maybe because the final was lacking in the drama we're accustomed to.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
I'm a bit like this, too. Maybe because the final was lacking in the drama we're accustomed to.
It's probably just me, but when I think of us winning Big Ears, the parade, and the whole glorious experience of it all, my mind constantly drifts to the Barcelona game at Anfield.

It still feels like an out-of-body experience.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Given the state we were in only 9 years ago, the fact we've won the European Cup, lost a final, and were inches away from winning the league twice, it's a fucking minor miracle.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
Given the state we were in only 9 years ago, the fact we've won the European Cup, lost a final, and were inches away from winning the league twice, it's a fucking minor miracle.

I remember the day the two idiots were ousted and NESV bought us. I was on holiday in Turkey and trying to find out news as it broke. It felt like a new dawn, yet such a long road back. I could never have envisaged just how far we'd come in such a relatively short time since then. European finals. Competing hard in the league. Amazing nights and experiences etc... It's almost too easy to forget just how close we were to going out of business back then.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's probably just me, but when I think of us winning Big Ears, the parade, and the whole glorious experience of it all, my mind constantly drifts to the Barcelona game at Anfield.

It still feels like an out-of-body experience.

I have just watched the Barca highlights again. I got a Madrid ticket in the ballot but gave it up as the lad i go the game with didn’t. Strange that I felt ok about it as if nothing could beat the Barca game anyway.

I grew up listening to tales of St Etienne, generations from now they will be talking about Barcelona on the way to number 6!

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
We are the champions
Champions of Europe
We are the champions
Champions of Europe.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
We are the champions
Champions of Europe
We are the champions
Champions of Europe.
Need to get this ringing around the ground, home and away, especially if we're having a difficult patch. Constant, relentless; make the players feel ten feet tall, make the opposition shrink as they are reminded about whom the are playing
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:36:01 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
It's weird.

When I was in Toledo on the Sunday and seen the photie of Hendo with his feet on the cup I started crying.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
I have just watched the Barca highlights again. I got a Madrid ticket in the ballot but gave it up as the lad i go the game with didn’t. Strange that I felt ok about it as if nothing could beat the Barca game anyway.

I grew up listening to tales of St Etienne, generations from now they will be talking about Barcelona on the way to number 6!

Truth in this.

I missed a lot of the 05 run but went to lots of huge European nights since - Chelsea semi 07, Arsenal 08, Madrid 09, City and Roma 2018 but the Barca game will take a lot to be topped for me. I've never been to a more emotional game. Every single fan and player were starving for something that night. From the moment Suarez hovered over the ball waiting for the ref's whistle and the sheer noise of hostility from Anfield I knew something was in the air. 
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
I miss this guy, the ref.  :)  :) And he is handsome too!  :)  8)  8)

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan

This picture really illustrates why top teams don't like playing us. They expect to have good possession and push high up the pitch.

Ok...we'll leave Mo, Bobby and Sadio up against whoever you leave back. Good luck  :lickin

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Trying to get to bed but watching the No Filter UCL on BT Sport. Those semi finals were mad.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
How bad was Divock before he scored? Haha the beauty.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
I believe this topic will finally go down when we win another CL this season.
Believer

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Great result.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still looking good on Google, this.  ;D Pardon me, can't help it.  ;D

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces

I still can't believe we played Spurs in a European Cup final  ;D. No disrespect to them like, because they made it too. Just never would have thought they'd ever make it that far.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
You lot are unbearable!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You lot are unbearable!
Trust me, next season Everton are going to play in UEFA Champions League, group stage at least.

Offline Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist. Has not signed for Manchester United. Misses Santa's knee!!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this is golden...
Trust me, next season Everton are going to play in UEFA Champions League, group stage at least.hip

:thumbup
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gérard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jürgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
Who got the match ball that Trent booted into the stand after the winner?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

It's really strange, but I had to double-take on the 0-2 scoreline.

Honestly, I've heard so many times that we won it through a 'dodgy pen' that I have it lodged in my mind that it ended 0-1.

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wait... We are the Champions of Europe? Seriously?  ;D  ;D

Where are Abu Dhabi FC and Pep-Pep then?  ;D  ;D

Naaahhhh... Take that, haters.  ;D  ;D

Divock Origi. The fucking killer goal. 87' . Yes lads... 87'.

And love you Lovren. Love you.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 02:55:00 am by NarutoReds »