Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 329808 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU
« Reply #4080 on: August 3, 2021, 12:58:03 pm »
Yep. Think she really overcooked that Brooklyn accent to be honest.  Might be intentional, who knows.

Although if someone from Brooklyn comes on and tells me its spot on then I shall hold my hands up :)

It's like directors loved the accent she did in Wolf of Wall Street and thought, why not keep doing it here.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4081 on: August 3, 2021, 04:16:43 pm »
I think its the character, as I recall Harley in the Arkham series had a similar over the top accent

Yeah reading a few articles I think the Harley accent throughout the years has always been modelled on an over the top Brooklyn accent.

Thinking back to the movie I loved the scene when...

Spoiler
The squad completely wipe-out a gang of mercenaries, only to discover they were freedom fighters and essentially on their side :)
[close]

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4082 on: August 10, 2021, 04:46:25 pm »
The movie was both a pleasant and unpleasant surprise. I was surprised at how good it was, but kinda shocked at the level of violence and language in it. But in any case, give me a movie like this any-day than anymore Marvel boiler-plates like Black Widow which was definitely the final straw for me in terms of these generic Marvel movies. Luckily I don't think Marvel have too many more of those lined up anyway.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4083 on: August 10, 2021, 08:41:32 pm »
Luckily I don't think Marvel have too many more of those lined up anyway.
Yeah, the next lot have real potential. Shang-Chi is a question mark though as it's an origin film but the trailers are looking good.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4084 on: August 10, 2021, 11:52:47 pm »
Looking forward to giving the new one a watch as the original was one of the worst films I’ve ever seen.

Does John Cena’s character deserve his own spin off tv show?

You ever seen 'Lost in Translation' - that film was completely bollocks and didn't have a soundtrack or action scenes to save it.

Uttery wanky extremly.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4085 on: August 12, 2021, 05:34:18 pm »
The 1st 3 episodes of Titans S3 are out.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4086 on: August 12, 2021, 07:56:47 pm »
You ever seen 'Lost in Translation' - that film was completely bollocks and didn't have a soundtrack or action scenes to save it.
Lost in Translation is great as is the soundtrack.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4087 on: August 12, 2021, 08:44:11 pm »
Watching Birds of Prey for the first time and it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  Every single scene without McGregor is awful, just unrelenting garbage.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4088 on: August 12, 2021, 08:58:48 pm »
Watching Birds of Prey for the first time and it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen.  Every single scene without McGregor is awful, just unrelenting garbage.

Shite but the first Suicide Squad is the worst move I've ever seen.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4089 on: August 15, 2021, 01:24:29 am »
The Suicide Squad was very fun.  :wave

:D

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4090 on: October 15, 2021, 09:48:41 am »
It's DC Fandome tomorrow, so you can expect trailers for all their films, TV shows and games.

They're already teasing a new trailer for The Batman, and will apparently be one for the Flash film (which has Keaton and Affleck in it as Batman).

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4091 on: October 16, 2021, 10:17:37 pm »
Looks fantastic, though I wish WB could figure out how to put out trailers that don't look all pixelated.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mqqft2x_Aa4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mqqft2x_Aa4</a>

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4092 on: October 16, 2021, 11:44:58 pm »
That looks really good.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4093 on: October 16, 2021, 11:59:16 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/drQWopZDEEY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/drQWopZDEEY</a>

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4094 on: October 17, 2021, 01:57:45 pm »
The Peacemaker show looks surprisingly interesting
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4095 on: October 17, 2021, 03:09:39 pm »
That Batman trailer looked really good.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4096 on: October 17, 2021, 06:05:32 pm »
Pattison looks the part for sure. Looking forward to it.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4097 on: October 17, 2021, 07:36:10 pm »
Pattison looks the part for sure. Looking forward to it.

He's come a long way, back when he was playing an angst filled vampire I bet he never dreamed that one day he'd be playing an angst filled bat.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4098 on: October 17, 2021, 07:47:47 pm »
This take on Batman looks like it could top Nolan’s. Guess there’s a risk it ends up too dark, but it looks like they’ve absolutely nailed it.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4099 on: October 17, 2021, 08:17:57 pm »
Mad they don't seem to have an idea on how to give Superman another film whilst there's 3 different actors portraying Batman at the cinema next year.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4100 on: October 18, 2021, 09:57:18 am »
Mad they don't seem to have an idea on how to give Superman another film whilst there's 3 different actors portraying Batman at the cinema next year.

It's a shame as Cavill is really likable and fits the part well.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4101 on: October 18, 2021, 10:00:13 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ASv687MKU80" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ASv687MKU80</a>

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4102 on: October 18, 2021, 10:59:11 am »
Looks fantastic, though I wish WB could figure out how to put out trailers that don't look all pixelated.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mqqft2x_Aa4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mqqft2x_Aa4</a>

I obviously knew they would be there, but I do get unreasonably excited seeing a bunch of Liverpool in this trailer  ;D

Looks absolutely fantastic, really really excited here

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4103 on: October 19, 2021, 11:11:12 am »
I wasn't keen on another Batman reboot but that looks really promising.  Almost horror movie vibes.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4104 on: October 19, 2021, 12:30:22 pm »
Might just be me, but I'm getting heavy 'The Crow' vibes from that Batman trailer. Which is never a bad thing.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4105 on: October 19, 2021, 12:56:51 pm »
I think they should have a Batman reboot where he fights all the other different versions of himself with fifteen different Supermen and four Penguins.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4106 on: October 19, 2021, 02:21:22 pm »
I think they should have a Batman reboot where he fights all the other different versions of himself.

They could do that if they bring in The Batman Who Laughs, but that character might be a bit of a stretch on the big screen, even in a comic book universe.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4107 on: October 20, 2021, 03:44:15 pm »
They could do that if they bring in The Batman Who Laughs, but that character might be a bit of a stretch on the big screen, even in a comic book universe.
Yeah I can't see them bringing an adaptation of that twisted fucker to a cinema any time soon and 'weirding' up the brand like that, would certainly be very interesting though. Maybe some way down the line if they did multiple 'multiverse-esque' films.
Might just be me, but I'm getting heavy 'The Crow' vibes from that Batman trailer. Which is never a bad thing.
Me too, I got a feeling of The Crow. Dirty, grimy direction that I think suits it. I don't personally think you can go too dark for Batman based on the comic content, but for massive box offices it could be a stretch. Saying that stuff like Deadpool (not necessarily super dark, but rated 18 I think) did extremely well.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4108 on: November 30, 2021, 10:47:40 am »
Superman and Lois is starting on BBC One this Saturday at 5.40pm. Think the whole series is going on iPlayer too. It's part of the DC TV universe, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl etc and has pretty decent reviews - the focus is more on the family side of things, apparently.

Might be shortlived, but pleased to see the BBC putting something like that on a decent Saturday slot rather than just another gameshow. Felt like when I was growing up there'd always be a few decent TV shows on in that slot.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4109 on: November 30, 2021, 05:42:32 pm »
Didn't Lois and Clark used to occupy a similar time slot in the 90s.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4110 on: November 30, 2021, 08:33:23 pm »
Didn't Lois and Clark used to occupy a similar time slot in the 90s.

Yeah maybe - I remember episodes during Live and Kicking on a Saturday morning. Didn’t even air all in one, they’d split the episodes in half if I remember rightly!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4111 on: November 30, 2021, 09:23:42 pm »
Superman and Lois is starting on BBC One this Saturday at 5.40pm. Think the whole series is going on iPlayer too. It's part of the DC TV universe, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl etc and has pretty decent reviews - the focus is more on the family side of things, apparently.

Might be shortlived, but pleased to see the BBC putting something like that on a decent Saturday slot rather than just another gameshow. Felt like when I was growing up there'd always be a few decent TV shows on in that slot.

It's pretty decent as well

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4112 on: December 2, 2021, 08:52:15 pm »
Ive watched the whole season and really grew to like it. Lois isnt quite Lois for me but the rest is pretty decent. As someone said, its nice to see supermans family relationships being looked at.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4113 on: December 27, 2021, 05:13:24 pm »
New Batman trailer and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/u34gHaRiBIU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/u34gHaRiBIU</a>

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4114 on: December 27, 2021, 05:54:39 pm »
Watched The Suicide Squad yesterday, much better than the original/first abomination.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4115 on: December 28, 2021, 03:58:55 am »
New Batman trailer and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/u34gHaRiBIU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/u34gHaRiBIU</a>

Looks like Catwoman will have quite a bit of screentime
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4116 on: December 28, 2021, 06:57:37 pm »
Looks like Catwoman will have quite a bit of screentime

As she should,Zoe is a goddess.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4117 on: December 30, 2021, 08:13:57 pm »
No Batman film will ever surpass Batman Returns. Ever.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4118 on: January 7, 2022, 09:31:11 am »
Really late to the party but watched The Suicide Squad over Christmas and really enjoyed it. Genuinely hilarious in places and probably the first DCEU film that had me giving a shit about the characters.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4119 on: January 15, 2022, 09:42:13 pm »
Loved the 1st episode of Peacemaker took me by surprise loved the anti woke stuff and I say that be totally woke.

And him looking though the 80s rock albums I have nearly all of them in my collection

Looking forward to watching the next one.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 09:44:45 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.