Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12264339 times)

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #102200 on: September 25, 2020, 08:31:32 pm »
Winterbottom has played well. It does feel like we have a 100 u23 GKs at the moment
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #102201 on: September 25, 2020, 08:36:54 pm »
Surly little snide has a goal now. We’ve lost a bit of our tempo since Clarkson walked. Fidel O’Rourke gets his chance now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #102202 on: September 25, 2020, 08:39:14 pm »
Any streams? Or is it over now?

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102203 on: September 25, 2020, 08:40:43 pm »
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #102204 on: September 25, 2020, 09:08:18 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102205 on: September 25, 2020, 09:10:32 pm »
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #102206 on: September 25, 2020, 09:22:07 pm »
The Ref got the passback law wrong didn't he,the pass was just a pass,it only broke the rules when the keeper picked it up,fk should've been from where he did that.

Course he did. The soft twat probably would have given the free kick in the halfway line if the ball had been passed back from there.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102207 on: September 25, 2020, 11:20:44 pm »
Hannibal I think - he went in with almost as much force as the red carded United player. Should also have been off.

Hannibal?! If ever there was a name suited to being a Man U player then that’s it.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #102208 on: September 26, 2020, 01:25:49 am »
Impressive result and impressive performance tonight from the lads. Bit of a makeshift side we’ve fielded for the u23s so far this season due to injuries and split commitments with the first team etc.

Missing a proper forward in Glatzel and being forced to play Longstaff in an unfamiliar spot, bringing guys like Millar and Larouci in from the cold, no Koumetio or Sepp in the heart of defence yet (where is Sepp?), and yet we are still able to produce a cohesive performance in thr mould of our first teamers.

Prior to the bad tackle and sending off, thought clarkson was fantastic. He’s come through as a 6, but with his physique and skill set I think he’ll have to get used to being a bit further forward as an 8. He showed signs of that tonight, getting himself involved in more attacks and making great runs into the box. I thought he was a bit too reserved in the EFL trophy match against Wigan for large stretches- sitting deep and spraying long balls. He’s obviously very good at that, but as seen by the goal he scored that game, he has a lot to offer in The final third as well. He is such a talented player.

Bearne has continued to impress me this season. Looks quicker and stronger, and is adding much better end product. He has typically been that tricky wide man who could go on a mazy run, and end up picking the wrong pass or shanking a shot. He’s coming in to his own now and has been a terror so far, despite the limited attacking options we currently have in the side. Very happy for the lad and hope the progress continues.

Great way to start off the weekend. Excited to see the u18s against city tomorrow, should be a hotly contested match!

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #102209 on: September 26, 2020, 01:46:20 am »
Sepp is with the first team in the absence of Matip and Gomez only back in training today.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102210 on: September 26, 2020, 02:11:57 am »
Seems like Balagizi's signed a pro contract. From what yous clued up people in here say, he sounds like one from that 16-17 age group who has a real chance of making it with us. I don't know much about him but he sounds like a really interesting prospect, with both the physique and the technical skills. The next Curtis Jones, is it?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102211 on: September 26, 2020, 09:13:28 am »
Really looking forward to the under 18’s today against City. This is going to be a real intense game.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102212 on: September 26, 2020, 10:41:29 am »

Offline p27051

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102213 on: September 26, 2020, 10:48:30 am »
Any streams to watch this game?
Cheers,
Aravind (Indianscouser)

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102214 on: September 26, 2020, 11:22:21 am »
City sitting so deep in this game they have about seven in the box when we are attacking. But the young Reds are pressing well.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102215 on: September 26, 2020, 11:38:01 am »
City take the lead, after one solitary attack.  ::)

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #102216 on: September 26, 2020, 11:38:58 am »
0-1 Got done by a counter attack.
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102217 on: September 26, 2020, 11:49:36 am »
Not enoigh quality or variation in the final third from ourselves.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102218 on: September 26, 2020, 11:52:51 am »
Not enoigh quality or variation in the final third from ourselves.

The final ball has let them down on occasions but City are just loading the box all the time. It's been quite cowardly by them considering their talent.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102219 on: September 26, 2020, 11:55:06 am »
The final ball has let them down on occasions but City are just loading the box all the time. It's been quite cowardly by them considering their talent.
Don't really have a problem with it, it's an away game against one of the better teams they'll face. Up to us to be good enough to break them down

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102220 on: September 26, 2020, 11:56:48 am »
Don't really have a problem with it, it's an away game against one of the better teams they'll face. Up to us to be good enough to break them down

I agree its up to us to get the breakthrough but I really thought this would be two teams going at it, it's what these games have tended to be like in the past. It hasn't lived up to the billing.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102221 on: September 26, 2020, 12:11:49 pm »
That was really bad from Koumetio.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102222 on: September 26, 2020, 12:14:07 pm »
That was really bad from Koumetio.

It was, the ball was going out why he felt the need to intervene only he knows. Well, that's something he will hopefully learn. I have to say todays performance has been underwhelming we're not playing the usual way. Stewart seems to be popping up more on the flanks and I would prefer to see him more in the middle. All a bit of a mess at the moment.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102223 on: September 26, 2020, 12:31:15 pm »
I swear I am watching a different game to the commentators. They keep going on about the great chances we made earlier on and didn't take, I don't think we had that many great chances. Our final ball all game has lacked any type of quality. It's been an all around messy performance with few standouts.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102224 on: September 26, 2020, 12:58:03 pm »
The boys are talented but in games like this where the opponent came to win, talent alone will not be enough. We lacked aggression and that little bit of snideness. City were like rapiers. Indeed they were defending in numbers but they were up for it. Their smaller size players were knocking our bigger players off the ball. Even Koumetio and Balagizi appeared “soft”.

Hopefully they will learn from this ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102225 on: September 26, 2020, 01:22:11 pm »
It's nothing really about being 'soft' City, like Chelsea, have a huge amount of quality in their academies and should be winning most of the time. Us, United, Spurs, Arsenal etc.  just don't have that

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #102226 on: September 26, 2020, 01:39:47 pm »
The boys are talented but in games like this where the opponent came to win, talent alone will not be enough. We lacked aggression and that little bit of snideness. City were like rapiers. Indeed they were defending in numbers but they were up for it. Their smaller size players were knocking our bigger players off the ball. Even Koumetio and Balagizi appeared “soft”.

Hopefully they will learn from this ...
Think it’s a bit silly to use the term soft to describe us here, particularly Balagizi. He was really the only ‘forward’ player sprinting back to support the defence, bodying up and winning the ball back on multiple occasions. He also had a few strong runs carrying the ball forward despite some physical challenges from city.

The real issue with us today for me was how static we were in the final third. We didn’t make runs in behind or shift their lines at all. We simply pinged it around the perimeter of their box with no real intent. With the amount of quality we have in this youth side I think we need to emphasize taking more risks and trying to create.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 01:41:34 pm by NsRed »

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102227 on: September 26, 2020, 01:55:48 pm »
Think it’s a bit silly to use the term soft to describe us here, particularly Balagizi. He was really the only ‘forward’ player sprinting back to support the defence, bodying up and winning the ball back on multiple occasions. He also had a few strong runs carrying the ball forward despite some physical challenges from city.

The real issue with us today for me was how static we were in the final third. We didn’t make runs in behind or shift their lines at all. We simply pinged it around the perimeter of their box with no real intent. With the amount of quality we have in this youth side I think we need to emphasize taking more risks and trying to create.

I really hope this is not a change in direction with the new coach coming in, we just didn't look anything like ourselves today.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #102228 on: September 26, 2020, 02:17:10 pm »
I really hope this is not a change in direction with the new coach coming in, we just didn't look anything like ourselves today.

Agreed, but I don’t think it’s a whole philosophical change imo. More a case perhaps of personnel today. No Harvey Blair means Stewart is really our only true ‘forward’. Woltman, Corness, Frauendorf are all more suited to creative midfield and would rather always have the ball at their feet. Blair was important for our attacking balance because of his pace, runs in behind and ability to beat his man.

You could see how much more threatening we were when young Isaac Mabaya came on. Injected some pace and directness that we sorely needed. Hope we see more of him despite his tender age, he’s clearly one of our most talented and physically developed prospects. Built a bit like Balagizi in that sense but more of a forward type.

Offline Supermum04

• Boys Pen
« Reply #102229 on: September 26, 2020, 04:38:27 pm »
I’ve watched this team all preseason and today just was not the same even to change the defence line  to include koumetio, from the first whistle nothing seemed to flow. Chambers seems to have good relationship with Jonas could see that clearly in the second half when he came on for koumetio. We was much better after the introduction of Mabaya flowed much better. Just hope it’s not a change of personnel   as I was looking forward to this u18s from what I had seen preseason. Balagizi needs to be a influence in these top games for me Stephenson was in and about more today onto the next game think it’s Blackburn unlucky lads we go again

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #102230 on: September 27, 2020, 06:42:10 pm »
I’m really curious to see more of Frauendorf in the u18 side. I’m super intrigued by his speed and athleticism and he seems to be an adept presser. For me though he’s best in midfield (where he’s primarily played for Germany and Hoffenheim youth sides) rather than as a forward. He carries the ball well and has an eye for a pass, I think he could become a Naby type #8. You can see why we’re trying him as a wide forward With his pace and our lack of options there at the moment, but hopefully he gets a chance to show more from midfield soon.

I referenced our positional depth concerns yesterday, and Tim Jenkins (one of our u18 coaches) mentioned post match that we have several long term injuries right now to deal with. I would assume that refers to Hill, Blair and Morton for sure (might be missing someone else), which has a big impact on our selection. Thats why u16 lads like Mabaya and Ethan Ennis were on the bench yesterday. With Stewart as our only proper forward fit at the moment, I’d love to see a 4-2-3-1 with something like this:

Orzynski
Wilson-Quansah-Jonas-Chambers
        Stephenson-Balagizi
Corness-Musialowski-Frauendorf
               Stewart

Woltman could also play in that #10 spot, Mabaya could play anywhere in that 3 also. I just think that kind of shape gives our current options the best chance to play in close to their best roles.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #102231 on: September 28, 2020, 12:00:40 am »
Was Tyler Morton injured at the weekend? Could have done with him against Man C.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102232 on: September 28, 2020, 01:30:19 pm »
I see Bobby Duncan is eating humble pie in public.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102233 on: September 28, 2020, 03:01:15 pm »
I see Bobby Duncan is eating humble pie in public.

Care to share the quotes? And precisely how he took those pies away from Luke Shaw?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #102236 on: September 28, 2020, 04:05:05 pm »
Fair play to him really, far more experienced players have done similar and then lacked any sort of humility and regret when it’s gone south.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #102237 on: September 28, 2020, 04:31:26 pm »
Well, at least we should get 20% of Duncan's transfer fee, whatever that turns out to be.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102238 on: September 28, 2020, 06:20:36 pm »
How is he joining Derby's u23 squad? He should be further advanced than that at this stage. He should be aiming to get lots of games at his age now.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102239 on: September 28, 2020, 06:53:14 pm »
How is he joining Derby's u23 squad? He should be further advanced than that at this stage. He should be aiming to get lots of games at his age now.

Probably about proving his humility, adapting to Derby’s game and possibly getting his fitness up to speed.  He may well start appearing off the bench for the firsts in a few weeks.