Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1000347 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #2520 on: October 2, 2022, 09:54:33 pm »
Hopefully he starts in the week though it's difficult with Diogo needing minutes too and Bobby playing well. Not a perfect balance but wouldn't mind seeing Luis, Darwin and Diogo front 3 for this one.

Agree with that.

Like to see him score too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2521 on: October 3, 2022, 02:18:12 am »
Hopefully he starts in the week though it's difficult with Diogo needing minutes too and Bobby playing well. Not a perfect balance but wouldn't mind seeing Luis, Darwin and Diogo front 3 for this one.

You could do a Diogo - Darwin - Salah front line and it should work pretty well assuming Thiago is playing the LCM role. Diaz has actually been our worst attacker recently.

Offline K-B-K

• Main Stander
« Reply #2522 on: October 3, 2022, 03:21:01 am »
You could do a Diogo - Darwin - Salah front line and it should work pretty well assuming Thiago is playing the LCM role. Diaz has actually been our worst attacker recently.

Whaaaaaat? Is this a joke?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2523 on: October 3, 2022, 03:44:16 am »
Whaaaaaat? Is this a joke?

No it’s not. His numbers are down across the board from last season, small sample size and all that. That doesn’t mean he’s a bad attacker but seemingly if the only way we can win is with our attack at the moment then having an amazing attack even if it’s at Luis’s expense is the price that has to be paid.

Offline K-B-K

• Main Stander
« Reply #2524 on: October 3, 2022, 04:38:04 am »
No it’s not. His numbers are down across the board from last season, small sample size and all that. That doesn’t mean he’s a bad attacker but seemingly if the only way we can win is with our attack at the moment then having an amazing attack even if it’s at Luis’s expense is the price that has to be paid.

Jota hasn't played yet cus he's been injured, so he has no numbers, Nunez has 1 goal and is clearly not bedded in yet and Salah has been extremely inconsistent since before AFCON honestly. I don't think Diaz has been worse than anyone else, if anything I think he improved us when he came on against Brighton.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2525 on: October 3, 2022, 05:01:44 am »

Wasnt diaz one of our few Bright spots from the Brighton match? Carvalho was having little impact which forced the introduction of Diaz and immediately Brighton was put under pressure down that flank for the first time. Soon after he supplies the assist for firminho to equalise.  It is fair to suggest that without Diaz, we would have lost to Brighton at home.  If you drop Diaz, who is going to supply the width and the pace and dribbling to threaten other teams. Salah is not in good form currently and removing Diaz would also remove much of the danger we pose.  Jota is not able to supply what Diaz brings to the table and the proper attacker to be benched foe the rangers match is Jota. Nunez needs to be given the chance to play him into the goal scoring groove.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2526 on: October 3, 2022, 06:26:28 am »
Cannot believe how underrated Jota is. Amazing.

Drop him for what? Like I said our fans are rattled by the banter mob and want to force Nunez into playing because it seems that they want to show he is a good player more than us winning a match.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2527 on: October 3, 2022, 08:40:47 am »

Drop him for what? Like I said our fans are rattled by the banter mob and want to force Nunez into playing because it seems that they want to show he is a good player more than us winning a match.

Far from it, I don't want nunez to play because he is a good player. I want him to play because I genuinely believe he will score more goals than anyone else in our team, salah included.  With time and bedding in with the way the team plays, he will likely score a frightening number of goals.  And to score more goals is still one of the most likely ways we get the team to win more matches...

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2528 on: October 3, 2022, 08:46:10 am »

Same here. And that's no shout out to Salah being bad. Just that right now the firepower we have up front is interesting, and we could afford our best forward to rest and try new things out.
Doesn't have to be Salah to get the rest, Jota - Nunez - Salah would also be interesting to try. Yeah I know Firmino is our top goal scorer...

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2529 on: October 3, 2022, 09:44:24 am »

It ain't about undervaluing Jota, but at some point as a part of bedding in Nunez has to play, so why not in some of the "easier" games.

It's a tough balancing act as Jota needs minutes as well. I wouldn't mind a Jota, Nunez, Diaz starting line up for an upcoming game, change things up a bit

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2530 on: October 3, 2022, 11:00:16 am »
It is a real conundrum just now with our attack. Firstly the ability to press high and attack aggressively and fluidly relies on a working midfield and 2 fullbacks bombing down the wings, which we sadly lack right now.

Only Bobby has been consistent in attack so far this season, seems to pop up at the right time, lucky for us. Salah has been given a good shot at attacking but is time to bench him for a game or 2 and give Darwin or Jota their chance at starting. Granted, Jota is just back from injury. Just in my opinion.

Trouble is we have not had a consistent and injury free team since the start of the season and as a result our performances have matched.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2531 on: October 3, 2022, 11:09:40 am »

Crazy isn’t it, could give two monkeys if Nunez does bad but the other attacks and remaining team do well, the team is the most important thing and as of now we have 4 good very attackers apart from Nunez, he’s going to need to have the impact Diaz had last season or Jota before that to force his way in the team and because he’s all round game isn’t as good as the likes of Diaz that probably involves him scoring at least every other game with limited minutes.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2532 on: October 3, 2022, 11:28:53 am »
Crazy isn’t it, could give two monkeys if Nunez does bad but the other attacks and remaining team do well, the team is the most important thing and as of now we have 4 good very attackers apart from Nunez, he’s going to need to have the impact Diaz had last season or Jota before that to force his way in the team and because he’s all round game isn’t as good as the likes of Diaz that probably involves him scoring at least every other game with limited minutes.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he should be ahead of Jota or Firmino, but with 13 games in 6 weeks he's going to play some of those, surely? The Rangers game is as good a game as any to give him a start.

Maybe I'm wrong and some are suggesting Núñez has to start because he's the superior player but I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2533 on: October 3, 2022, 11:37:32 am »
As killer says there's definitely been a lot of people desperate to see him in because of all of the banter around his signing, along with people who probably just want to see someone new in the team.

Based on the starters and subs against Brighton I think what we might see against Rangers is Diaz/Jota/Salah starting and Nunez getting 30 minutes depending on the score. I think that's probably sensible, we really need to be getting 6 points against Rangers or else we could be out in the group stages, and if we can get into a situation where he can come on with no pressure that would be ideal.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2534 on: October 3, 2022, 11:52:28 am »
Rangers is the perfect match for Nunez to get things going. I'd start with a front 3 of Diaz, Jota and Nunez. Give Mo a little rest and a gee up with Arsenal in mind.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2535 on: October 4, 2022, 08:46:36 pm »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2536 on: October 4, 2022, 08:48:16 pm »
Lots of effort. Composure and finishing has been poor so far.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2537 on: October 4, 2022, 08:48:18 pm »
Only thing missing is a goal, he’s been really good and I hope this gives him the confidence to push on.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2538 on: October 4, 2022, 08:48:40 pm »
He's a shot monster. Great movement. Don't think he should score any of the chances but the key thing is he's in position for them.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2539 on: October 4, 2022, 08:48:51 pm »
Good movement. Zero composure so far.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2540 on: October 4, 2022, 08:48:53 pm »
He's been excellent as usual.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2541 on: October 4, 2022, 08:48:54 pm »
Been really good I think.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2542 on: October 4, 2022, 08:48:56 pm »
He looks really sharp. Could have placed the shots a little better but he's getting the chances and working the keeper.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2543 on: October 4, 2022, 08:49:16 pm »
Rubbish.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2544 on: October 4, 2022, 08:49:17 pm »
Goals will come. He’s elite off the ball and getting into the right positions

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2545 on: October 4, 2022, 08:49:25 pm »
Lots of effort. Composure and finishing has been poor so far.
Not for me. A couple of them could have been more towards the corner but that will come once he’s fully up to speed. Looks razor sharp. Very impressed.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2546 on: October 4, 2022, 08:49:29 pm »
His movement is brilliant though, i'm not worried about him at all, he'll come good.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2547 on: October 4, 2022, 08:49:32 pm »
Snatching at chances a bit, but he’s been very good apart from that.  Really like him.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2548 on: October 4, 2022, 08:49:34 pm »
We just have to keep on playing this lad.

He’s a menace.

Some great shots too, getting power behind them with little effort.

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #2549 on: October 4, 2022, 08:49:48 pm »

You’ll catch a few with that

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2550 on: October 4, 2022, 08:49:49 pm »
If he keeps getting in the positions he will score loads

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2551 on: October 4, 2022, 08:49:55 pm »
Rubbish.

He's not rubbish just needs to show composure.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2552 on: October 4, 2022, 08:49:58 pm »
Looked lively tonight but needs to be sharper with his shooting.
#JFT97

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2553 on: October 4, 2022, 08:50:04 pm »
Movement is superb.

Just needs to relax a little.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2554 on: October 4, 2022, 08:50:11 pm »
He's an xG machine, the goals will come.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2555 on: October 4, 2022, 08:50:27 pm »
He's got everything you want in this type of striker. He's quick, strong, he presses, his movement is great, he's aware of what's going on around him, he's always getting on the end of things in the right areas.

I just wish he could strike a ball cleanly.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2556 on: October 4, 2022, 08:50:32 pm »

Bullshit. He's hit the target with all 4 efforts and none of them have been easy chances. Another day 2 or 3 go in without him doing anything different.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2557 on: October 4, 2022, 08:50:36 pm »
He looks really sharp. Could have placed the shots a little better but he's getting the chances and working the keeper.
Yeah it’s just typical of his time with us so far that he’s not quite getting the rub of the green. He’s been a constant menace and really should have atleast one goal but it’s great to see him being involved and being a threat.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2558 on: October 4, 2022, 08:50:45 pm »
Just needs to stop putting it straight at the keeper, but the keeper has made some good saves.

Online wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2559 on: October 4, 2022, 08:50:49 pm »
He's a shot monster. Great movement. Don't think he should score any of the chances but the key thing is he's in position for them.
All on target as well.