Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 957508 times)

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #160 on: October 9, 2019, 09:02:38 pm »
If we’re still winning and at the top then I’d be surprised if he walks away.

I believe. We've got to absolutely make him realize staying is better than leaving. FSG can do the money, we'll have to do the adulation, and belief.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 9, 2019, 09:15:29 pm »
He's never stayed at a club more than 7 years and his 7th year will end end when his contract ends. I think we need all to prepare for the fact that he'll be leaving at the end of this contract.

He was at Mainz for eighteen years.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: October 9, 2019, 09:21:22 pm »
For me, the 'Doubters to Believers' quote on his first day will be etched in the folklore of this club. The whole mentality of the place has changed, there is literally no one I fancy to beat us at the moment and that's a far cry from the end of the Rodgers reign, and certainly further back than that during the Hodgson days. I was completely convinced we'd come back against Barca for instance, and that wasn't just bravado or gallows humour, it was genuine belief built off what I'd seen previously from Klopp and the boys.

He's reinvigorated a beast which is now reaching the peak of its powers. What a fantastic ride it's been, and it promises to get even better yet.

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: October 9, 2019, 10:03:19 pm »
Fuck I hope it doesn’t come out that Klopp has murdered 1000’s in a secret illegal drone war

Would explain why the crowds are so sparse at the Etihad

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: October 9, 2019, 10:28:06 pm »
Four years. How time flies when we're having fun.

It's worth re-watching his first press conference - how happy he was to be here, how well he understood where we were, and how well he articulated where we needed to be. He was the absolute perfect fit at the perfect time.

Doubters to believers.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pV_cRk9YPpA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pV_cRk9YPpA</a>

The 'we spent 10 seconds? talking about this' bit was the most important bit for me. There was some pretty divisive shit going on with Brendan v Transfer Committee... and Jurgen nails exactly what we needed. 'First and last and lots in between' involvement with who and why we bring in or move on a player. The 'first' will have no bearing on reality of course*... but 'philosophically' speaking, hugely important.

edit: * tho I could argue this if you wanna.

« Last Edit: October 9, 2019, 10:29:52 pm by Filler. »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp 4th Anniversary
« Reply #165 on: October 10, 2019, 05:24:32 am »
A run-down of his first 4 years in stats, from PA/Sporting Life:

146 - the number of games it took Klopp to record 300 league points - the fewest required by any of the club's managers.

Not too shabby, really.  :D

I guarantee Shankly would not have achieved this.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Re: Jürgen Klopp 4th Anniversary
« Reply #166 on: October 10, 2019, 06:09:30 am »
So do I, in his day it was 2 points for a win.  :)
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #167 on: October 10, 2019, 11:07:02 am »
Four years. How time flies when we're having fun.

It's worth re-watching his first press conference - how happy he was to be here, how well he understood where we were, and how well he articulated where we needed to be. He was the absolute perfect fit at the perfect time.

Doubters to believers.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pV_cRk9YPpA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pV_cRk9YPpA</a>
“I’m not a genius, I don’t know more than the rest of the world”.

I think most of us would beg to differ Jürgen.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #168 on: October 10, 2019, 11:21:55 am »
He was at Mainz for eighteen years.

Well you twisted that well didn't you? Player for 11 years, manager for 7.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2019, 12:20:03 pm »
Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was named manager of the month for the second consecutive month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50012209
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline stanleyparkmudonmyboots

• Main Stander
  • 78 then the 26
« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2019, 12:51:16 pm »

Me too..seen as we were a basket case in division two at the time
Tinaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2019, 01:01:51 pm »
Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp was named manager of the month for the second consecutive month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50012209

Gonna be embarrassing when he’s named it every month this season.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2019, 01:14:45 pm »

The maximum points Shankly could have accumulated from 146 games was 292 points, so you are right.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2019, 01:21:49 pm »
He's never stayed at a club more than 7 years and his 7th year will end end when his contract ends. I think we need all to prepare for the fact that he'll be leaving at the end of this contract.
Heard a podcast interview with Rafa Honigstein last month. He summed it up by saying that in all likelihood not even Klopp himself knows. Guardiola tends to plan things out in advance and Mourinho is always looking for the next thing, but if Klopp hasn't signed a new contract it's a sign he's happy to see how things pan out for now.

He did mention that the allure of the German national job would be hard to turn down. He's changed the entire mindset of our club, so imagine the effect of uniting a whole nation. There's the added bonus that the work schedule is more attractive.

I'm hoping that somebody comes from out of nowhere and does an incredible job with Germany, thus locking down that role for the foreseeable future.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2019, 03:48:55 pm »
Players such as Robertson, Mane, Alexander Arnold and loads more,. There's not even a debate, they could get into any team in the world bar none. Were they always destined for that level ?   Or are they the player they are because of what Klopp has done and the environment he has provided ? 
There was clearly talent there from day 1, but the strides they have made and the consistency in their games, its incredible.
For me, in a manager you want 1 million things but the main 2 are that they buy well and that they improve players and take them to a level many thought they couldn't reach. Klopp is the best on the planet at that, he's way ahead of the rest

Offline Soucolorado

• Main Stander
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2019, 04:09:53 pm »
Not just a great manager, but also a great man and leader. I'm convinced he'd make a very successful Fortune 500 CEO. Just our luck that his teacher once told him that if it wasn't for football he didn't see much hope for his future.  :P

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2019, 11:42:56 pm »
Well you twisted that well didn't you? Player for 11 years, manager for 7.

Not really, and that's a little unkind, I'm not one for twisting things so that's not a good thing to suggest. I'd literally just watched 'Klopp's journey to the kop' on LFC TV. It showed me that Klopp is a complicated character, everything he does is carefully considered and calculated, he's intelligent and evolves and changes depending on situations. It's actually an insult to his intelligence to simply state he will move on after 7 years. He's a different person to who he was 7 years ago as we all are, circumstances change and so do people's approach to it.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2019, 12:49:41 am »
Every situation is different and you could see how important it was to him to keep his squad together. All of the blood, sweat and tears building something, only to see it dismantled, has to be beyond frustrating. I believe if the situation at the club is still where he wants it to be, and he’s enjoying it, he will stay.

Either way I’m enjoying this ride for as long as it lasts.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2019, 01:36:09 am »
It’s terrible but I often have thoughts of when he leaves. Ffs we are close to doing it and theirs a few years left, I still think about it.

We have to do everything possible to keep him. If it means him taking a year off and one of his staff taking the lead so be it.

Yes I am shitting the bed.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2019, 03:49:54 am »
I am pretty reconciled to the fact he won't be staying here beyond 2022, especially after he refused to sign an extension during the summer. I won't be surprised if he considers staying at Liverpool longer than the time he spent at Mainz and Dortmund a tad disrespectful to his previous clubs.

A long way to go, but the club probably appreciates it would be impossible to hire a Klopp clone. For once, I am relaxed that the club is headed by capable men who will absolutely make the right appointment when the time comes.

A somewhat contentious decision, that I won't be at all displeased with, is if they choose to rehire Rodgers on the proviso he consistently gets Leicester into the Champions League over the next couple of years.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 12, 2019, 07:32:28 am »
If we're still winning/challenging he'll give us a couple more years I reckon. 

He was supposed to have stayed at Dortmund till 2018 but the 14/15 season took so much out of him he decided to leave early and take a break.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #181 on: October 12, 2019, 08:34:40 am »

What a bizarre thing to say. Strange.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 12, 2019, 09:02:24 am »
What a bizarre thing to say. Strange.

Nothing bizarre about it at all. For all that we idolise our previous managers, 2+ppg is a modern phenomenon. Even Paisley never achieved it before the 1981-82 season (Aston Villa won the title with a measly 60 points from 42 games the previous season). I guarantee Shankly took more than 146 games to amass his first 300 points. I blame Jimmy Hill for this.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 12, 2019, 09:04:46 am »
Yes I am shitting the bed.

Sorry to hear this.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2019, 11:44:49 am »
I am pretty reconciled to the fact he won't be staying here beyond 2022, especially after he refused to sign an extension during the summer. I won't be surprised if he considers staying at Liverpool longer than the time he spent at Mainz and Dortmund a tad disrespectful to his previous clubs.

A long way to go, but the club probably appreciates it would be impossible to hire a Klopp clone. For once, I am relaxed that the club is headed by capable men who will absolutely make the right appointment when the time comes.

there's been some mad theories, but that ones up there  ;)

For starters the whole 7 year thing is pure coincidence, but actually - it's also not true. Being as he was the coach of Mainz 05 for longer than 7 seasons.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2019, 12:08:57 pm »
Is it just coincidence that....

1. Kloppo's contract ends summer 2022
2. Gerrard's contract ends summer 2022
3. Low's contract ends after the World Cup in December 2022

Gives Klopp a decent break before taking over from Low. SG has been lauded by Klopp as the next LFC manager.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2019, 12:12:54 pm »
Is it just coincidence that....

1. Kloppo's contract ends summer 2022
2. Gerrard's contract ends summer 2022
3. Low's contract ends after the World Cup in December 2022

Gives Klopp a decent break before taking over from Low. SG has been lauded by Klopp as the next LFC manager.

Gerrard should get some experience in a team which competes in a relevant league before even being considered to be the next manager imo. Im sorry but being a club legend doesn't mean you should get the job instantly and doesn't mean you can do well. See the mancs. 

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2019, 12:31:09 pm »
Interesting video posted today on Youtube.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lkxXePQul0M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lkxXePQul0M</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2019, 12:34:25 pm »
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2019, 03:53:16 pm »
there's been some mad theories, but that ones up there  ;)

For starters the whole 7 year thing is pure coincidence, but actually - it's also not true. Being as he was the coach of Mainz 05 for longer than 7 seasons.

He himself has admitted in the past that he felt after 7 years that the cycle had run its course at his old clubs (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/21/jurgen-klopp-predicts-seven-year-itch-will-end-time-liverpool/). The fact he's been reluctant to sign a new contract only increases the probability that he will need to be strongly convinced to extend his stay beyond that arbitrary mark.

Of course, there are no guarantees about anything. Alex Ferguson famously always used to state that he'd retire once he was 60, only to change his mind when push came to shove.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2019, 04:18:41 pm »
Gonna be embarrassing when he’s named it every month this season.

Especially when Hodgson gets manager of the year for finishing sixth.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2019, 04:38:27 pm »
The difference with Klopp's previous clubs is that they're not Liverpool.  That's no disrespect to them but we're not a plucky club punching above our weight. Yes we share our league with a behemoth but Liverpool dines at the top table and can enjoy a sustained period of success Klopp could never have achieved at Dortmund or Mainz.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him take a crack at the England job after us.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2019, 06:16:28 pm »

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him take a crack at the England job after us.

I'd hate it. How could I continue to despise the England team and hope they lose every game.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2019, 06:39:14 pm »
I'd hate it. How could I continue to despise the England team and hope they lose every game.

Well you couldn't, but it would be the ultimate experiment - if England can't win anything with Jurgen in charge then they'll never win anything. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2019, 07:26:20 pm »
If we’re still winning and at the top then I’d be surprised if he walks away.

I wouldn't be surprised. I read in the Echo ages ago that he wanted to retire at 60.  He's 52 and also has ambitions to manage Germany, so he only has a few years left to fulfil those ambitions.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2019, 07:47:05 pm »
To even consider Gerrard as a replacement for Klopp is beyond stupidity.

I know the English press will be desperate for this move but for god sake, I wish some fans would see a bit more sense.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2019, 08:25:06 pm »

I know the English press will be desperate for this move but for god sake, I wish some fans would see a bit more sense.

If Gerrard is the best manager that we can attract then so be it but as you have indicated Gerrard would have to have a fantastic turnaround in his fortunes for that to be the case. Managerial appointments should be based on a managers track record not the fans affinity for one particular candidate. Otherwise you end up with Ole at the wheel.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2019, 08:53:47 pm »

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2019, 09:00:51 pm »

As I said previously, Klopp's successor will be carefully planned out.  Jurgen loves us too much to just up and leave us in the lurch.  This is the new Boot Room - Klopp's replacement will not be a shot in the dark.  If that replacement is Steven Gerrard (for example) it wont be a hit-and-hope choice.  FSG have come too far and learned too much to do that.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2019, 09:13:46 pm »

Loved that - think Benteke smacked his glasses off in the mayhem?! He didn't last every long after this... :lmao
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.