Author Topic: Rhian Brewster  (Read 331794 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rhian Brewster, set to leave
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2018, 09:45:56 am »
are we going to pursue monchengladbach for tapping up?

Looks like we're trying to fluster them (and any other interested teams) into approaching the club with a transfer offer rather than leaving it to the paltry standard fee

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2018, 09:47:31 am »
He's irreplaceable. The only player who's name rhymes with rooster. We've cocked this up.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2018, 09:48:28 am »

looks like he's still a way to go with his recovery.
At least he was there yesterday, if he was already as good as out the door doubt he’d have been invited or bothered.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2018, 10:58:24 am »
Young players want the absolute earth now at such a young age, if he doesn't wanna stay at Liverpool and develop under Jurgen Klopp then bye bye.

Agree with this. 100%. I saw some of Brewster's games at that Under-17 World Cup. He looked really good.

But we all know the path from Under 17 to first team is very steep curve.

He will have seen Trent, he will have seen Joe Gomez, all under Klopp. He will have seen perhaps the most exciting football being player by our lads in the whole of Europe.

If he's looked at all of that and thought, "Nah, I don't fancy it, I'll go and get 30k a week in Germany" or "Nah, I'm not good enough to play for Liverpool first team."

Then, we'll be fine and we'll wish him good luck because he seems a very nice lad.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2018, 11:17:59 am »
It would be a little tough to see him move on but perhaps his dad thinks he has a better change of 1st team football in Germany as I doubt he realistically thinks he can get the nod ahead of our current attack. He made the move from Chelsea to push on his youth career so hats off to the lad for having the ambition from moving from London when 14 or so and same again possibly to Germany at 18. The easy option would be to stay at Liverpool and pretty much play 95% of his games in the 2nd team.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2018, 11:19:53 am »
attacking players have to move to get minutes, only have to look at Woodburn a year more or less wasted for him but then you look at TAA same age and grew into a first team player but playing at RB
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2018, 11:23:15 am »
Young players want the absolute earth now at such a young age, if he doesn't wanna stay at Liverpool and develop under Jurgen Klopp then bye bye.
Except he's the opposite of that and just wants to play footy
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2018, 11:23:38 am »
It would be a little tough to see him move on but perhaps his dad thinks he has a better change of 1st team football in Germany as I doubt he realistically thinks he can get the nod ahead of our current attack. He made the move from Chelsea to push on his youth career so hats off to the lad for having the ambition from moving from London when 14 or so and same again possibly to Germany at 18. The easy option would be to stay at Liverpool and pretty much play 95% of his games in the 2nd team.

That is true. Slightly odd though. Apparently his Dad is a Liverpool fan, okay so he's now a father of a professional footballer so that's a new angle too.

You can't imagine Klopp hasn't sat down with them and said look, yes we do have Firmino, Mane and Mo but they cannot play all the games in 4 competitions. We want to push on in the EFL cup, we want to compete in the F.A. Cup and Rhian could have minutes across many League games if he trains hard.

Does seem slightly worrying that at this ridiculously exciting time in the club's history that a 17 year old would not take the chance to stick around even for 1-2 years and try his luck at Liverpool......

These are strange days though.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2018, 06:36:28 pm »
That is true. Slightly odd though. Apparently his Dad is a Liverpool fan, okay so he's now a father of a professional footballer so that's a new angle too.

You can't imagine Klopp hasn't sat down with them and said look, yes we do have Firmino, Mane and Mo but they cannot play all the games in 4 competitions. We want to push on in the EFL cup, we want to compete in the F.A. Cup and Rhian could have minutes across many League games if he trains hard.

Does seem slightly worrying that at this ridiculously exciting time in the club's history that a 17 year old would not take the chance to stick around even for 1-2 years and try his luck at Liverpool......

These are strange days though.

Most top players have played 10+ games by the time they are 19 - he probably wants to be starting getting first game time because he thinks he is capable whether thats the correct thinking or not and he probably also saw us bring in Solanke and thats also a young player who is clearly ahead of him at this stage

From all accounts this kid isnt it in it for money, he wants to be a pro footballer ( he could have easily signed a quite a big contract with us at 17, and decided not to so he had options) and will make whatever decision he feels is best for his chances of suceeding at that. Hope we keep him but you can't fault him when you look at Lookman and Sancho doing well in Germany and getting chances.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:38:07 pm by CanuckYNWA »

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2018, 07:37:16 pm »
I don't see him getting much play time with Gladbach out of the european competitions, and having only 1 cup in Germany.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2018, 07:41:00 pm »
attacking players have to move to get minutes, only have to look at Woodburn a year more or less wasted for him but then you look at TAA same age and grew into a first team player but playing at RB

They're not the same age, try again :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2018, 07:44:04 pm »

Let's forget that he picked up injuries too, anything to be dramatic. Also, no year is completely wasted he was still getting games with the under 23's and training with the first team. He will get a chance in the pre-season to impress.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2018, 07:50:20 pm »
What I lament is that he completely forgot that he still has plenty of time on this side and the move looked very premature.

Sometimes at that age, you need a bit of luck to breakthrough. I am not sure if TAA would have had a look in if it wasn’t for Clyne getting injured.

So basically we need one of our front 3 to be broken for him to get that opportunity or maybe even tougher as he would have to climb above Solanke and Woodburn.

But I respect that this was his football decision and money had not played a part.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2018, 10:02:43 pm »
Would help if you paid attention mate, he won't sign the contract yet.

He won't sign the contract we're offering, yes, so offer him a different better contract that includes some of the ideas I've mooted.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2018, 11:50:36 pm »

All depends on those ahead of them though.

Doubt TAA would have got so many minutes this season if Clyne wasn't out for the majority.

Gomez seemed the preferred choice to be number 2 to Clyne.

In a similar sense, Woodburn has had to try and get past Hendo (Captain,) Ox who has looked fantastic, Gini who massively grew into the role this season, Can who was putting in a decent performance every 2-3 games and Milner who was simply Mr Reliable and kept the midfield ticking over.

Have no doubt that one more injury in that midfield, Woodburn would have been given his chance IMO.

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2018, 11:16:59 am »
With regards to Brewster, I suppose he's in a difficult situation.  Clearly that standards of the first team has been raised astronomically.  Now does he remain, work hard and hope he can break through or does he go somewhere where he is guaranteed a more important role.  For me, I think he's being a bit hasty considering his age and injuries and maybe he should stay and fight for his place.  For the foreseeable future anyway.  I guess this can be said for all our promising kids.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2018, 11:26:38 am »
Hard to gauge this not knowing what the thinking is behind him wanting to move.

If its money then he's stupid.
If it's playing time that's understandable but maybe a bit short-sighted?
If it's bad advice.....then he's unlucky.

We are a club that gives youngsters a chance......maybe not so much in attacking positions and maybe that is why he wants to move on but I would have loved if he signed a contract with us then gone on loan at least because he seems an exciting prospect

ah well
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #177 on: May 15, 2018, 11:43:45 am »
It would have been interesting this year if he hadn't have been injured. I think he may have been involved in some first team squads given our injury crisis.

It would be a massive shame to lose him as he looks like a top talent.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #178 on: May 15, 2018, 12:37:51 pm »
he is mad if he wants to leave, Klopp gives youth a chance

if he wants to see if the grass is green on the other side then he should phone jerome sinclair
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2018, 12:59:14 pm »
We don't play youth players anywhere near as much as people make out on here

Trent and Gomez got time through Clynes unfortunate serious back injury and Solanke got minutes to give the front three some rest but outside of that its not a lot that we really see.

I think he would be smart to stay because he can learn so much from Klopp BUT i can see where his thinking probably is and don't see a reason for the 'if he thinks the grass is greener/he's better off elsewhere etc' stuff.

The lads got the front 3, Solanke, Ings, Sturridge, Origi, Woodburn and likely new signing(s) for the front 3 positions to look at in terms of the first team picture. Even if as many as 3 of them were to leave or be played in different positions, not be signed... whatever the case may be, unless he's been given clear assertions that he will get decent game time, is it so mad that he thinks he may have a better chance at that elsewhere?

People say he only has to look at Trent and Gomez but forget Woodburn had many times he could have been used especially when you consider he can play in midfield and attack and he's barely got a sniff when he even could have gone out on loan.

I'll be gutted if he does go but i can see why he may be looking at other options. From what i read earlier in the season they were looking to make him part of the first team squad but how much of that is true i'm not sure

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2018, 01:13:13 pm »
We don't play youth players anywhere near as much as people make out on here

Trent and Gomez got time through Clynes unfortunate serious back injury and Solanke got minutes to give the front three some rest but outside of that its not a lot that we really see.

Regardless of the reasoning they have still played, if klopp wasnt giving youth a chance, he would have signed a back up right back for Clyne at the start of the season.
solanke was signed as a back up striker

Between Trent, Gomez and Solanke they have 90 games this season, averaging around 30 each.

to say that we don't play youth players anywhere near as much as people make out is clearly bollocks because we do

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2018, 01:20:47 pm »
Let's forget that he picked up injuries too, anything to be dramatic. Also, no year is completely wasted he was still getting games with the under 23's and training with the first team. He will get a chance in the pre-season to impress.

Training with the first team with U23 games added in is great, but it’s not as good as actual minutes in the first team.  Look at how much TAA has improved this year because he’s getting actual minutes with the first team, would he have improved as much if he only trained and played U23 games?  I highly doubt it and I don’t blame any young player for looking to move elsewhere to play first team football.  The path to the first team really isn’t there unless there are a rash of injuries to the players ahead of you as was the case with TAA.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: May 15, 2018, 01:26:02 pm »
Training with the first team with U23 games added in is great, but it’s not as good as actual minutes in the first team.  Look at how much TAA has improved this year because he’s getting actual minutes with the first team, would he have improved as much if he only trained and played U23 games?  I highly doubt it and I don’t blame any young player for looking to move elsewhere to play first team football.  The path to the first team really isn’t there unless there are a rash of injuries to the players ahead of you as was the case with TAA.

It's a question of balance though isn't it? It would be great if we could throw all our young players straight into the first team. But then people would be moaning the moment the results dry up. I think Klopp has got the balance spot on here, between the two. He gives youth a chance when he can. But we all know the pressure that will build up on the manager if our progress suddenly started to recede.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 15, 2018, 01:31:13 pm »
It's a question of balance though isn't it? It would be great if we could throw all our young players straight into the first team. But then people would be moaning the moment the results dry up. I think Klopp has got the balance spot on here, between the two. He gives youth a chance when he can. But we all know the pressure that will build up on the manager if our progress suddenly started to recede.

It’s also a big call for the youth player.  If he’s looking at Woodburn, who is ahead of him, getting so few minutes this year and the rumors that we are looking to bring in top players to rotate with the front 3 then it’s reasonable for Brewster to assume that he’s not going to be playing 1st team football this year.  Then he’s looking at the kid from City who moved to Germany last summer and is playing matches in the Bundesliga.  I can completely understand why he’s considering leaving.  There really isn’t a great pathway for players to get 1st team minutes at top English clubs.   

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 15, 2018, 01:36:13 pm »
Difference between him and TAA is also that strikers seemed to peak earlier, maybe at 22. They have to be playing regularly at 20, 21 to get there.

The German league isn't the worst option, he'll time and if he makes it, he could come back in 2-3 years. Wouldn't be surprised if we let him go, be nice if we could sell with a buy-back clause.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: May 15, 2018, 01:41:15 pm »
It’s also a big call for the youth player.  If he’s looking at Woodburn, who is ahead of him, getting so few minutes this year and the rumors that we are looking to bring in top players to rotate with the front 3 then it’s reasonable for Brewster to assume that he’s not going to be playing 1st team football this year.  Then he’s looking at the kid from City who moved to Germany last summer and is playing matches in the Bundesliga.  I can completely understand why he’s considering leaving.  There really isn’t a great pathway for players to get 1st team minutes at top English clubs.   

The whole point of bettering our squad though means we have a greater chance of competing in different competitions, something we are unable to do at the moment. If we are actually doing well in the FA Cup we will have more opportunity to give younger players a run in games. I don't see that he's throwing his career away by giving the club another couple of seasons. He is turning down the chance to work with one of the best coaches. He may well get more football, in Germany but whether that makes a huge difference who knows? It depends entirely on the system at the club concerned. Not all German clubs give youth a chance, some are better than others.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #186 on: May 15, 2018, 01:49:27 pm »
Hopefully we'll stay in the 2 national cups for longer and give the younger players much more game time.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 15, 2018, 02:38:27 pm »
Why not sign a contract for two or three years and if he doesn't get x amount of appearances in any year, a release clause of his choosing can be triggered. Seems stupid to bail on us when Klopp has promised him game time next season at 18 years of age. Personally I don't think he's got what it takes to make it with us so maybe he's right to move on, but I still think it's premature. His loss.

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2018, 02:54:57 pm »
I saw RB Leipzig mentioned in one of the posts.
Make what you will of Red Bull as an organization --- but Rangnick has the entire set up (Leipzig, Salzburg, NYRB) playing balls-to-the-wall pressing not so dissimilar to Klopp (at least to the amateur eye), w/ emphasis on youth.  I believe I read the two have some friendship history prior to Keita transfer; I could be wrong.

Anyhow, based upon that seems if Rhian or others went that direction on loan for some experience it might prove useful to him/LFC.
That noted, I am not certain that this is viable or desired by either RB, plus his age, etc.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2018, 03:00:24 pm »
Make what you will of Red Bull as an organization --- but Rangnick has the entire set up (Leipzig, Salzburg, NYRB) playing balls-to-the-wall pressing not so dissimilar to Klopp (at least to the amateur eye), w/ emphasis on youth.  I believe I read the two have some friendship history prior to Keita transfer; I could be wrong.

Anyhow, based upon that seems if Rhian or others went that direction on loan for some experience it might prove useful to him/LFC.
That noted, I am not certain that this is viable or desired by either RB, plus his age, etc.

On the surface of it, The Naby delayed-deal to LFC seemed to be a good deal for both parties, let's see if we can strike another one.

What we don't know is Klopp's plan for Dom Solanke; if he is going out of loan next season, then surely Brewster would get some game or lots of bench appearances with us.

He is 17? I'd want him on a pro contract with Liverpool then maybe out on loan, would be the best outcome.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2018, 03:11:13 pm »

I don't think they are close friends or anything but for sure they know each other. They'll have crossed paths as coaches a few times over the years, and they both are Swabians  ;D  Kloppo knows RB Lepizig coach Ralph Hasenhüttl quite well too, they did their coaching badges together.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2018, 03:21:33 pm »
I don't think they are close friends or anything but for sure they know each other. They'll have crossed paths as coaches a few times over the years, and they both are Swabians  ;D  Kloppo knows RB Lepizig coach Ralph Hasenhüttl quite well too, they did their coaching badges together.

Kloppo could pretty much pick up the phone and make a phone-call to anyone in Germany, including Merkel, and they would listen. ;D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2018, 03:55:05 pm »
I understand where the lad is coming from, big clubs in bundesliga might not be calling after he gets 12/18 months of the ben woodburn treatment.  Brewster's role in england u17 is still fresh in the mind.

One of my few disappointments with this season, was the lack of mins given to woodburn.

The lad would have played 10x more mins for his national team in world cup 2018(if they had qualified), than for LFC this year, so much for us "always giving youth a chance"

Brewster doesn't want to be woodburnt

Can't really blame Klopp, as he got short term results, but it's especially surprising considering that we have been down to the bare bones in the last 6 weeks in midfield.  KLopp said recently that he would have to get creative with selection due to the amount of absences. Hopefully woodburn's time will come, but our selection policy has probably come home to roost in the form of this possible departure.

Again can't complain against klopp, he has been very brave not buying a rb, when he knew clyne was injured.  Nobody would have applauded klopp for finishing 5th but blooding the youth.

But, I remember Pogba saying the reason he left man u initially was due to similiar circumstances, you can be sure the fans of all clubs will put on a brave face when someone wants to leave. I remember some pearlers on this site a few yrs back when sterling left, "saying he useless, we have ibe, who is better" some of those same individuals, putting on a brave face again in this thread.  Hopefully they don't get proven wrong again

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2018, 03:58:17 pm »
I say fair play to him, get a nice buy-back clause if we can we can't be seen looking like pricks having to pay 90 odd mil if he goes on to fulfil his undoubted potential.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 15, 2018, 04:00:35 pm »

Fowler & Owen not ring a bell ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2018, 04:01:41 pm »
Maybe he's been informed of our targets. If we're lining up Fekir and another attacker - I think most of us would like to see a back-up number 9 come in - then he's a very long way down the pecking order. If we're insisting on a long term deal he might be worried about being secured into obscurity for a few years. He might not necessarily be thinking of the next year of his development, but 2-3 years time.

Still seems a bit early for it though, especially when you consider that training with the first team he'd be learning and tutored by the likes of Salah, Firminho and Mane. He's young and those players can really add to his knowledge and development over a year, more than a handful of first team appearences in Germany would, arguably.

Hope it gets sorted.  I rarely watch the youth teams nowadays (I watched them religiously for a while beginning with Hodgson, I had to get my fix of decent footy somewhere) but on the rare occasion I have he's looked a real cut above in every department.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2018, 04:02:48 pm »

Fowler & Owen not ring a bell ?

That was almost 10 yrs before brewster was born.  What happened to woodburn will a more relevant example, than the previous century

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »
That was almost 10 yrs before brewster was born.  What happened to woodburn will a more relevant example, than the last century

Oooo Last century  ::)

So what, they were still young forwards who got into the team.

As for Woodburn,he has been around the 1st team squad all year which is invaluable experience,stupid for people to bring him up.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline markmywords

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2018, 04:21:16 pm »

Oooo Last century  ::)

So what, they were still young forwards who got into the team.

As for Woodburn,he has been around the 1st team squad all year which is invaluable experience,stupid for people to bring him up.

I see what you are saying, but young people might have a different perspective

Whilst Woodburn is getting experience on the bench.  Brewster will be looking at his england team mates foden starting cl games and Jadon Sancho getting goals and assists for dortmund

It's frustating that he wants to leave, but understandable, hopefully, other youngsters won't be put off coming to LFC.  I doubt talking about fowler is gonna inspire them though, to be honest, he signed professional terms in the days of the old barclays league div 1!!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2018, 04:32:11 pm »
I see what you are saying, but young people might have a different perspective

Whilst Woodburn is getting experience on the bench.  Brewster will be looking at his england team mates foden starting cl games and Jadon Sancho getting goals and assists for dortmund

It's frustating that he wants to leave, but understandable, hopefully, other youngsters won't be put off coming to LFC.  I doubt talking about fowler is gonna inspire them though, to be honest, he signed professional terms in the days of the old barclays league div 1!!

How about Sterling, who got 130 games for us before he was 20? Or Suso who got 20 odd games before he was 20? Or Ibe who got close to 60 before he was 20?

All recent enough for you?