Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12300934 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #100160 on: August 26, 2019, 03:34:20 pm »
U23s play tonight away at Southampton 7pm no.

It's on lfctv too!!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100161 on: August 26, 2019, 07:30:19 pm »
1-2 to the Reds so far with Brewster and Jones scoring.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100162 on: August 26, 2019, 07:42:28 pm »
Also live youtube feed on the Southampton club channel.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #100163 on: August 26, 2019, 07:51:54 pm »
Watched the first half, playing okay, Chirivella has been our best player.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline ShowMeTheMane

• Boys Pen
  • Bastian of invincibility
« Reply #100164 on: August 26, 2019, 08:09:13 pm »
What’s going on with Bobby Duncan, I’ve heard he’s pissed off the coaches and is off

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #100165 on: August 26, 2019, 08:10:20 pm »
What’s going on with Bobby Duncan, I’ve heard he’s pissed off the coaches and is off
Fiorentina is the rumour
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100166 on: August 26, 2019, 08:31:03 pm »
Van Den Berg has been poor. Brewtser good before being subbed. Jones good as well. Hoever poor mistake for 1st Sainst goal

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100167 on: August 26, 2019, 08:34:00 pm »
Bobby Duncan is another Morgan. Good finisher has nothing else imo.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100168 on: August 26, 2019, 08:56:59 pm »
Van Den Berg has been poor. Brewtser good before being subbed. Jones good as well. Hoever poor mistake for 1st Sainst goal

Hoever certainly stood out as attacker rather than defender. Can see him becoming a genuine understudy to TAA but needs to develop defensively

Jones looked decent

What seemed too easy was the way Southampton carved their way through a few times with one or two passes

Wasn’t overly impressed overall but a v young side I guess

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100169 on: August 26, 2019, 09:05:52 pm »
Hoever certainly stood out as attacker rather than defender. Can see him becoming a genuine understudy to TAA but needs to develop defensively

Jones looked decent

What seemed too easy was the way Southampton carved their way through a few times with one or two passes

Wasn’t overly impressed overall but a v young side I guess
Yeah thought we were very poor at the back.

Hoever very good going forward. Definitely a RB not a CB.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100170 on: August 27, 2019, 07:07:44 am »
He seems like a dick head and thinks he is better than what he is. Being ill advised on his career by the looks of it. All of last season his camp where putting out the rumors about him moving to Germany, he is only here a wet day .

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100171 on: August 27, 2019, 07:23:19 am »
Commentators in yesterday's match suggested that the defence hasn't had time to gel yet, let's hope they're right because they looked really poor at times.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100172 on: August 27, 2019, 08:52:04 am »
He seems like a dick head and thinks he is better than what he is. Being ill advised on his career by the looks of it. All of last season his camp where putting out the rumors about him moving to Germany, he is only here a wet day .

I disagree, I don’t think he is being poorly advised at all. I don’t see him having any chance of breaking through with us so it’s probably in his best interests to find a team that he feels he can break through with. The German league teams have shown they're willing to give chances to young English players and as it’s also a lower standard league it would probably be easier to break through there anyway. It seems to be a good place for English players to go at the moment.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #100173 on: August 27, 2019, 09:03:15 am »
I disagree, I don’t think he is being poorly advised at all. I don’t see him having any chance of breaking through with us so it’s probably in his best interests to find a team that he feels he can break through with. The German league teams have shown they're willing to give chances to young English players and as it’s also a lower standard league it would probably be easier to break through there anyway. It seems to be a good place for English players to go at the moment.

Didn't Kent struggle over there? You still need to be a top talent and settle well in a foreign country to get the game time and succeed.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100174 on: August 27, 2019, 10:14:06 am »
Didn't Kent struggle over there? You still need to be a top talent and settle well in a foreign country to get the game time and succeed.

That’s true but my point was that Duncan would still have a better chance of breaking through in Germany than he would here so I think the suggestion that he’s poorly advised is wrong.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100175 on: August 27, 2019, 10:26:16 am »
That’s true but my point was that Duncan would still have a better chance of breaking through in Germany than he would here so I think the suggestion that he’s poorly advised is wrong.

It's Italy that he's potentially going too.

And not many British players do that well over there in recent times.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:32:53 am by Fordy »

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100176 on: August 27, 2019, 10:43:10 am »
He only turned 18 two months ago. Even if he doesn't have a long term future here, he's better off trying to at least get promoted to Melwood and develop his game training with top quality players every day and under the stewardship of a world class manager and coaches. He'll likely never get the chance again if he moves on now.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100177 on: August 27, 2019, 11:32:09 am »
If he was 21-23 I would agree with you but he is 18 and just turned that , he is worrying about his first team chances at 18 ??? Should be keeping his head down working hard and telling his agent/family to keep their mouths shut.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #100178 on: August 27, 2019, 11:33:52 am »
Anyway, the echo says we won’t be selling him.

Duncan stays... for now anyway

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpools-intentions-bobby-duncan-transfer-16821065
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100179 on: August 27, 2019, 11:37:41 am »
He only turned 18 two months ago. Even if he doesn't have a long term future here, he's better off trying to at least get promoted to Melwood and develop his game training with top quality players every day and under the stewardship of a world class manager and coaches. He'll likely never get the chance again if he moves on now.

Agree mate.

Don't see the rush for him. He highly rated here but he needs to take steps and wait a little.

TAA got his chance because Clyne got an injury. Duncan due is behind the from 3 and, Origi & Brewster at the minute. Good chance of being on the bench for the league cup(depending on who we draw)

He just seems to be in a rush for something. He should stay & learn from the world class forwards we have which as you say it's doubt he will be able to get that opportunity again.

He needs to prove himself at the under 21's and kick on from there.

Shame we might lose him as he is rated at the club. Being a Red I am shocked he might be wanting to leave like this.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100180 on: August 27, 2019, 11:54:00 am »
He sat out a year at City at 16 because he thought we'd offer a better chance at first team football/development. Don't think there's anything wrong with a player looking at what is best for their development at any age. And if he's being promised first team football he should be considering it.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100181 on: August 27, 2019, 12:09:58 pm »
He sat out a year at City at 16 because he thought we'd offer a better chance at first team football/development. Don't think there's anything wrong with a player looking at what is best for their development at any age. And if he's being promised first team football he should be considering it.

Disagree totally.

You need a period of stability in your life to learn.

The move from City to Liverpool I get but now he proved himself at under 18's, moved up to 23' went on Pre season and trains with the 1st team at times. He can learn from top forwards.

Moving to Italy yes he might be in a 1st team squad but doubt any club would promise that he will be a 1st team player when he's just come from the under  18's.

Think he just needs to get his head down and understand he's valued at the club.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #100182 on: August 27, 2019, 12:12:22 pm »

A very slight chance, I doubt he'd get near a Bundesliga team certainly this season. Might have a chance in the Eredivisie at a Vitesse Arnhem type club.

He'd be better off going to EFL or SPL team if he was looking for first team games.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:16:39 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #100183 on: August 27, 2019, 12:12:29 pm »

yes he did, he just didn't settle there, and when he played, he showed nothing.

No idea what Duncan is like beyond a couple pre-season appearances, but If the 'he can score goals but not much else' thing is true about him, thats probably not the best recipe for success in Germany. He'd need a lot more about his game.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100184 on: August 27, 2019, 12:50:06 pm »
Agree mate.

Don't see the rush for him. He highly rated here but he needs to take steps and wait a little.

TAA got his chance because Clyne got an injury. Duncan due is behind the from 3 and, Origi & Brewster at the minute. Good chance of being on the bench for the league cup(depending on who we draw)

He just seems to be in a rush for something. He should stay & learn from the world class forwards we have which as you say it's doubt he will be able to get that opportunity again.

He needs to prove himself at the under 21's and kick on from there.

Shame we might lose him as he is rated at the club. Being a Red I am shocked he might be wanting to leave like this.
Yes , he should be more concerned with trying to take Brewster’s place at his age and not Bobby’s who is the best player in that position in the world, plenty of time left for that.

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100185 on: August 27, 2019, 01:05:56 pm »
I reckon he'll follow the same path as Jerome Sinclair. Thinking he'll get first team football at another club in a top division but he'll struggle to break thorough, miss out developing in an elite environment, and end up in the lower leagues.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100186 on: August 27, 2019, 01:18:19 pm »
If he'd stayed sinclair would have still just been farmed out on loans like kent, wilson, chrivella. It would have been no different to moving to watford.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100187 on: August 27, 2019, 01:52:16 pm »
If he'd stayed sinclair would have still just been farmed out on loans like kent, wilson, chrivella. It would have been no different to moving to watford.

True. But it is possible that his development would have been handled better and approaching 23 he wouldn't have had to go out on loan to relegation fodder in the Eredivisie in order to try and get some game time.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100188 on: August 28, 2019, 05:43:21 am »
Anyone know anything about Leighton Clarkson. U-17 midfielder, has been training with the first team, in the first 11 sessions even. Not even, Harvey Eliott, or Brewster appear in some of those sessions with the absolute first 11 players it seems. Seen him in couple of the inside training vids now, scoring from Bobby's layoffs.
Googled a bit and seems he is very highly rated.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #100189 on: August 28, 2019, 09:33:43 am »
Anyone know anything about Leighton Clarkson. U-17 midfielder, has been training with the first team, in the first 11 sessions even. Not even, Harvey Eliott, or Brewster appear in some of those sessions with the absolute first 11 players it seems. Seen him in couple of the inside training vids now, scoring from Bobby's layoffs.
never heard of him. i was wondering who that was in the training pics on the club site today.

gonna read up on him now
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100190 on: August 28, 2019, 09:36:16 am »

From what I've seen of him deep lying playmaker, technically very good and represents a type of player we rarely have at youth levels, ticks all the boxes technically but physically looks a bit small
AND slight not too disimilar to Lewis.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 11:51:14 am by Coolie High »

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #100191 on: August 28, 2019, 11:31:28 am »

Watched quite a few of the U18's games last season. Clarkson very impressive - has a fantastic eye for a pass & a great dead ball delivery. As already mentioned, he is small though, which could go against him long term. Funnily enough, his running gait reminds me of a certain Mr Alonso

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100192 on: August 28, 2019, 02:18:08 pm »
disgraceful stuff.

Im sure the club will get him help if he indeed has mental health issues.

Comes across as a spoilt kid who is annoyed at not getting what he wants.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100193 on: August 28, 2019, 02:19:50 pm »
"my only concern now is his mental health and well being."

Had to laugh at that. So....you make him headline news everywhere and go up against Liverpool. Great for his well being that. Lying rat.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100194 on: August 28, 2019, 02:23:53 pm »
Comes across as a spoilt kid who is annoyed at not getting what he wants.
yup, did this to city and now doing it to us, not really sure why he thinks he should be anywhere near the first team right now but if he wants to leave then get the money, from what we’ve seen he’s more likely to be an Adam Morgan than a Robbie Fowler

"my only concern now is his mental health and well being."

Had to laugh at that. So....you make him headline news everywhere and go up against Liverpool. Great for his well being that. Lying rat.
Yup, if anyone who is suffering from mental health the one thing you don’t do is publicise it

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100195 on: August 28, 2019, 02:25:54 pm »
His agent seems like a bit of a twat browsing his Twitter to be honest
YNWA.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100196 on: August 28, 2019, 02:26:26 pm »
His agent seems like a bit of a twat browsing his Twitter to be honest
can see why they’d like each other!

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100197 on: August 28, 2019, 02:31:46 pm »
'This is not really dignified behaviour from a club with the rich history of Liverpool and one who one of their greatest ever players Steven Gerrard happens to be Bobby's cousin.

'Don't you know who he is? How dare you treat such a star so badly' etc...

If he wasn't Gerrard's cousin would we be as bothered? Scored lots last year, but watching him pre-season I thought he went missing from all the games I saw.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100198 on: August 28, 2019, 02:39:13 pm »
Jesus christ that agent sounds a worse lying dickhead than Sterling's.  :butt

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #100199 on: August 28, 2019, 02:46:32 pm »
Brewster and Glatzel are better anyway  :wanker