Author Topic: Nuri Sahin  (Read 487666 times)

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Sign Nuri Sahin
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2012, 10:37:27 am »
FFS, you moaners ! Here is proof !

From the Times :

"Real have accepted Liverpool’s offer to pay 70 per cent of Sahin’s wages to take him on loan for the rest of the season. Arsenal had been prepared to pay only 60 per cent, but were unwilling to accept an option price of £14 million at the end of the season, and despite the added lure of Champions League football now look likely to miss out on one of Arsène Wenger’s summer transfer targets. "

---Tony Barett. "

70 % of 120 K is somewhere around 85K. Make that a year long and it is approximately  £5 million. No buy out clause as of now. That is the deal.

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2012, 10:37:27 am »
I kept my mouth shut over this deal purely because Nuri is probably my favourite player outside of our club and I didn't want to be disappointed if we missed out.

We have one hell of a midfield now and in all honesty I'll be surprised if, once Brendan has had a few months to get the team set up properly, we don't make a proper charge for the top 4. Sahin, Lucas, Allen and Stevie as a rotating midfield 3 is an embarrassment of riches and, in my opinion, potentially the best midfield in the country by some distance.

Like most on here I would have preferred to have an option to buy but, considering our position at the moment, we should all be thrilled at being able to add such a massively talented player to our side, even if for only one season.

We still need a prolific striker but, considering where we were at the the end of last season with some of the players who were regularly turning out for us, I don't think anyone can really grumble about the business we've done and the improvements we've made.

We're in for a very interesting season.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2012, 10:37:56 am »
Finally official, really great news! Hope we can use him well this season. Welcome and good luck!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 25, 2012, 10:38:01 am »

He is not a DMC, you should think him as a MC.

You need to stop playing FIFA mate.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2012, 10:39:28 am »
So what position does he play? I think I've seen him play on the wings but I could be wrong. If so he'll probably go up front in the three. Suarez Borini Sahin.

I don't think this will ever turn into a permanent deal, then again I don't know if I would have wanted it to since I've barely seen him play. Definitely good to have though.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2012, 10:39:54 am »
Nice one. Thought we'd lost him to Arsenal last weekend. Hopefully if we can pick up a striker before Friday and not let anyone else go, it will be a good Transfer window

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2012, 10:40:20 am »
Brilliant signing! What a player ... top, top class.

Looks like a great side we're building. Now keep Agger and Carroll and get us another striker and I'll be made up ;)

Good job all round in signings in the last month I reckon ;)

Offline Liquorice

• Kemlynite
  • On the rocks
« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2012, 10:41:39 am »
Wrapped, hopefully the Mourinho / Rodgers connections pays further dividend in the future.
I hope he will be cursing our name in the not to distant future.

Sahin hasn't played for nine months.

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2012, 10:43:29 am »
We're paying 70% of his wages.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2012, 10:43:55 am »
Maybe I'm kidding myself but the hope that maybe, just maybe we'll be able to keep him on the long term after this year, is quite exciting. Getting this calibre of talent is a huge get and is probably the most excited I have been about any move we have made since we signed...probably Torres.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2012, 10:44:35 am »
Great stuff. Hopefully that's our central midfield sorted, and if Sahin works out permanently, it could be sorted for years to come.

BR is definitely planning long term. Let's not shit the bed if tomorrow's result goes against us.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2012, 10:45:06 am »
Maybe I'm kidding myself but the hope that maybe, just maybe we'll be able to keep him on the long term after this year, is quite exciting. Getting this calibre of talent is a huge get and is probably the most excited I have been about any move we have made since we signed...probably Torres.
What about our number 7?
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2012, 10:45:09 am »

Sahin hasn't played for nine months.
Its probably closer to 9 days than 9 months.

Pheeny

« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2012, 10:58:37 am »
keep all the speculations of money etc to yourselves or disclose your "source" to a member of RAWK Staff.

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
Re: Liverpool sign Nuri Sahin on season-long loan
« Reply #214 on: August 25, 2012, 11:00:14 am »
Never in doubt.

Welcome.

Welcome Nuri! Can't wait to see you in action in red!!!

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2012, 11:00:50 am »

Spot on!!

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #216 on: August 25, 2012, 11:00:55 am »
Allen, Lucas and Sahin are three brilliant central midfielders.

I'm interested to see if we try and play all three in at once (4-3-3 :D), or use an "any two from" approach.

Hope it's the former, to keep Gerrard away from the midfield and further up the pitch.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 25, 2012, 11:01:47 am »
How good is he in the final third? Maybe we can replicate what Spain have with two holding midfielders who dictate the tempo in Alonso and Busquets (Allen and Lucas) and a more creative midfielder in Xavi (Sahin).

I still think there is a chance Lucas could be benched until he is match fit. Seemed off the pace against West Brom.

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2012, 11:02:23 am »
If he does have a great season and goes to say city  next season it will be hard to take seeing the club used as a stepping stone

It would indeed be hard to take.

But seeing as you've just totally invented the scenario, I'm not going to worry about it.

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2012, 11:02:28 am »
all I can say is get in  :wellin

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2012, 11:02:58 am »
Welcome Nuri. Brilliant player, prayed that we would get him last season, surprised that we manged to this season. The first proven world class player that we've brought in since Suarez.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2012, 11:03:56 am »
I think this signing should serve as an example of the complexities and difficulties that transfers entail. Too often over the past week or so the manager, owners and Ayers have been accused of all sorts by some because we didn't tie up this deal. Fans were declaring the deal was dead and that we didn't know what we were doing.

The impatience, negativity and baseless accusation and speculation have served only to create a terrible atmosphere on this website which will ultimately contaminate the fanbase. I'm not saying everything is perfect but the "end is nigh" brigade are hysterical and need to calm down a bit.

Great signing by the way!

Sorry but we only got in because Arsenal pulled out...or are you going to spin that away too?

Offline tanvir

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2012, 11:05:02 am »
All along I thought we were after Saha

gutted

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2012, 11:05:51 am »
4 quality players bought in already this summer

rodgers deserves great credit

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2012, 11:06:07 am »
Sorry but we only got in because Arsenal pulled out...or are you going to spin that away too?

To be fair, if that's where the player wants to go then what can anyone do?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2012, 11:06:10 am »
If you ever met me in person during the last 2 or 3 years and asked me who I'd most like to see in a Liverpool shirt... I'd have said Nuri Sahin.

I regrettably allowed myself to get excited some days back when the twatterati were blowing their loads early on - I knew it was a mistake but I couldn't push it away. What we've got now is what Rodgers wants in midfield... control, in Lucas, Allen and now Sahin. We've also got a sweet, intelligent left foot for balance. What we saw against Hearts the other day was a complete lack of control in the middle.

He'll take time to settle in, as will the triumverate as a whole (and it will change and rotate) - but by October/November... I reckon we'll get into gear. I see many people doing line-ups etc and sticking Gerrard on the right 'to accommodate' the three in the middle, but I think we'll see Gerrard given a free role, because that'll be a great, inventive, clever, solid midfield. Delighted.

Who do you think will sit out Filler ? 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline shizzledizzle

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2012, 11:06:53 am »
That goes to show to all the "supporters" who are crying about we are not a big club anymore etc.  we are still Liverpool and players know it, we are still one of the biggest clubs in the world... Welcome Nuri have a great season!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2012, 11:08:16 am »
Him and Adam will be a formidable partnership...a spicy haggis kebab
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2012, 11:09:02 am »
Didn't see this one coming.

Made up he's here. Now this looks like a tastey midfield 3

Allen    Lucas     Sahin

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2012, 11:09:13 am »
Loan move. Um. Goes in line with me thinking we're becoming the new Aston Villa.

You know where the door is then.

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2012, 11:09:53 am »
To be fair, if that's where the player wants to go then what can anyone do?

Not saying that. Nor am I saying this isn't a great deal for us. But making it seem it was Rogers & co's expert negotiating that had us snatch him out from under Arsene's nose is a bit much don't you think?  It is what it is and let's be happy about it

Offline TobyLFC

• or not Toby LFC, that is the question
  • Kopite
  • Golf is amazing!
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2012, 11:10:11 am »
HELL YEAH! Love it.

Welcome Nuri :)
it comes down to reality, and it's fine with me cause I've let it slide...

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2012, 11:10:14 am »
That goes to show to all the "supporters" who are crying about we are not a big club anymore etc.  we are still Liverpool and players know it, we are still one of the biggest clubs in the world... Welcome Nuri have a great season!

Real decided his future not the player as we would pay more in wages . The player most likely would have joined arsenal if the wage contribution was the same
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2012, 11:10:32 am »
Loan move. Um. Goes in line with me thinking we're becoming the new Aston Villa.

Real madrid, Milan and Bayern have all made loan signings in recent years ya know..

Obviously we're nowhere near them currently, but still...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:13:27 am by -Nay- »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2012, 11:10:48 am »
4 quality players bought in already this summer

rodgers deserves great credit

I remember similar things were said last summer. 

Besides we've seen precious little of Borini and Assaidi.  Even allowing you Allen because of his excellent start to the campaign and Sahin because of the reputation he comes with, how did you get to 4 ?  Lets not build him up just to bring him down.  Not having a go at you but I find that expectations are rising with every minute. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2012, 11:11:06 am »
Excellent bit of business, well chuffed with this.

I've not seen an abundance of Nuri, but from what I have seen is that he is a very technically gifted, intelligent midfielder who will provide excellent balance in a midfield 3 with that sweet left foot. With him and Allen being given the licence to go and play to dictate things, and Lucas sitting in behind them, we do now look to have a midfield that you could compare with Rafas 08/09 side.

It makes me wonder where we will see Gerrard. Maybe we will play a diamond with Suarez and Borini up top, or maybe we will see Gerrard play from the right, given the freedom to take in and hit the back post with Glen bombing up outside of him.

Anyway, I don't think there can be any complaints about our business this summer in terms of bringing players in. Borini, Allen, and Sahin is certainly a step up from Adam, Carroll, and Downing, and far cheaper.

When's his medical?

It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2012, 11:11:25 am »
we finally got the sa-hi-ning of Sahin ;D

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline RooiBefok

• (Crank) Minority Martyr, and Defender & Lover of The 5th Benitle. His most ardent fan. Adores him. No really, I think he's great. The best.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Perservate et Superate
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2012, 11:13:12 am »
Great News!

Recipient of Bundesliga’s 2011 Best Player Award sums up the ability that he will bring to Anfield.

Given that he has and can play as an Attacking Left Wing Back don’t be surprised if the attached is not Rodgers preferred starting line up this season.

“The 5th Benitle fell in love with himself eighteen years ago and has remained faithful ever since”

Offline CharlieAdamsFrontTooth

• Kemlynite
« Reply #238 on: August 25, 2012, 11:14:31 am »

Arsenal couldn't agree terms with Madrid but we could. That's it, no spin there.

Whether the player had a personal preference for Arsenal or not is pure speculation and completely irrelevant because we got the deal done, they didn't and he is here now.

Offline koptician

• Legacy Fan
  • Hail to the King!
« Reply #239 on: August 25, 2012, 11:15:47 am »
I remember similar things were said last summer. 

Besides we've seen precious little of Borini and Assaidi.  Even allowing you Allen because of his excellent start to the campaign and Sahin because of the reputation he comes with, how did you get to 4 ?  Lets not build him up just to bring him down.  Not having a go at you but I find that expectations are rising with every minute.

Absolutely. Let's hope for the best but baseless euphoria can only hurt the club if we hit a snag and we are still to adap to Rogers' gameplan.  Remember th praise Commoli and Kenny got or last season's transfers and look how that turned out