Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 262556 times)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #2000 on: October 27, 2009, 11:46:05 pm »
Really happy for Fabio, would be great for him to finally pull on the Brazil shirt in a full game, maybe even the world Cup. Obviously its come at a strange time, he has only just got back from injury and isn't on top form (yet) but I'm sure he won't be complaining.

Of course, its not so great for us, but I guess Qatar isn't quite the journey to Brazil so its not all bad.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2001 on: October 27, 2009, 11:47:44 pm »
Get in Fabio lad. Long overdue.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #2002 on: October 28, 2009, 12:02:56 am »
Absolutely delighted for him! He's not even hit top form yet, and if he plays like he did towards the end of last season, he could well be 1st choice for Brazil.

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2003 on: October 28, 2009, 01:00:56 am »
Rather he wasnt chosen.....always risks of injury since hes prone......
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline 250505

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2004 on: October 28, 2009, 01:16:33 am »
Bought on a fucking free transfer, we have transformed him into a Brazilian international, Kudos to Rafa

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2005 on: October 28, 2009, 01:32:53 am »
Bought on a fucking free transfer, we have transformed him into a Brazilian international, Kudos to Rafa

Thanks for that reminder. He's so good I forget that we got him for nothing.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2006 on: October 28, 2009, 09:23:53 am »
Thanks for that reminder. He's so good I forget that we got him for nothing.

He's long been a Rafa favourite though, and won the league with him at Valencia... I think.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #2007 on: October 28, 2009, 09:25:41 am »
Rather he wasnt chosen.....always risks of injury since hes prone......

Come on, man. I know what you're saying, but Fabio's mentioned more than once that he hopes to break into the National side. Now he has and although I hate our players' participating in these pointless games, I'm happy that Fabio has achieved his goal because he deserves it!

Offline mayday

• Kopite
  • Keep the faith
« Reply #2008 on: October 28, 2009, 09:36:03 am »
Finally Fabio gets his chance, mega boost his confidence too, and with next year being a World Cup year, we may see the best of Aurelio this season.
In Brendan We Trust

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2009 on: October 28, 2009, 10:45:57 am »
Deserves it, he's much better then Maxwell and that other pile of shit Marcelo.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2010 on: October 28, 2009, 11:27:43 am »
Not great news for us but pleased for him - he has deserved a call-up for a very long time

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #2011 on: October 28, 2009, 04:51:36 pm »
Liverpool defender Fabio Aurelio receives shock call-up to Brazil squad

By Arindam Rej
Last updated at 4:00 PM on 28th October 2009

Liverpool defender Fabio Aurelio is in line for a place in the Brazil World Cup squad despite not having won a cap yet.

Aurelio has been named for the friendlies against England and Oman next month in a 24-man squad that includes his team-mate Lucas and another English-based player - Manchester City's Robinho.

Aurelio, 30, has been helped by coach Dunga's decision to leave out Brazilian league players to avoid disrupting the conclusion of their domestic season - so he still has work to do to get on the flight to South Africa.
Fabio Aurelio

He last month made a recovery from a knee injury, which was operated on over the summer, after he hurt himself during a kickabout at home in Brazil.

Aurelio has already played for Brazil at the Sydney Olympics in 2000 but this did not count as worthy of a senior cap. After those games, though, he earned his move to Europe as he joined up with Spanish club Valencia.
Dunga

Dunga: Brazil boss is set to give Aurelio his big break

Dunga, Brazil's World Cup-winning skipper in 1994, said: 'He's a player who knows how to mark, he's accustomed to European football. We spoke to him some time back about a call-up but he was injured and we couldn't pick him. Now we're going to give him that chance.'

Aurelio joined Liverpool in July 2006 on a Bosman move from Valencia but his appearances have been curtailed because of his injury problems. He has played eight Liverpool games this season since his return from injury - against Debrecen in the Champions League - on September 16.

Robinho has not played since suffering an ankle injury during Brazil's 3-1 win over Argentina on September 5 but was still included.

Dunga, who led his side to Confederations Cup glory this year, added: 'He has recovered, we've spoken to him. We're going to take him to (to the friendlies) to give him the chance to accelerate his return to the pitch.'

Robinho has been quoted this week saying that he welcomes interest from Barcelona - which has not gone down well with City fans - so he will be happy to have a positive distraction away from club football.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1223599/Liverpool-defender-Fabio-Aurelio-receives-shock-Brazil-squad.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0VFZTiWLb

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2012 on: October 28, 2009, 04:59:24 pm »
I'm astonished he's never been called up before.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2013 on: October 28, 2009, 05:03:40 pm »
hes always been on the verge, but gets injured as dunga says in that article
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline slide

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2014 on: October 28, 2009, 05:26:34 pm »
££££££££ for the FA.

Not the FA, they apparently getting very little.  When they played brazil to open wembley, they couldn't afford to pay brazils fee so some third party did in exchange for marketing rights to a reverse fixture to be played where they chose and I guess they decided doha was the cash in.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #2015 on: October 29, 2009, 12:41:26 am »
"Benitez is also prepared to give versatile Brazilian Fabio Aurelio, who is in line for his first cap in next month's friendly against England, a new deal. The 30-year-old's current contract runs out at the end of the season."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1223635/Liverpool-ready-reward-keeper-Pepe-Reina-new-year-contract.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0VHTcotRW

More good news for Fabio, international recognition and a new contract.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2016 on: October 29, 2009, 12:43:27 am »
"Benitez is also prepared to give versatile Brazilian Fabio Aurelio, who is in line for his first cap in next month's friendly against England, a new deal. The 30-year-old's current contract runs out at the end of the season."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1223635/Liverpool-ready-reward-keeper-Pepe-Reina-new-year-contract.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0VHTcotRW

More good news for Fabio, international recognition and a new contract.

Fully deserved on both counts.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.