Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 262439 times)

Offline Kaka 22

• Bayern Munich Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #1280 on: February 25, 2009, 10:20:28 pm »
I agree Clichy can also be relied on to make a mistake or two every 6 months, but he is probably a better fullback.

who cares though tonight to be honest, a free transfer was he not?

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1281 on: February 25, 2009, 10:20:31 pm »
Evra, Clichy, Cole - all three are superior, that said tonight he was absolutely inspirational and i'm so glad we have a lot of players who are showing they have the mental steel to stand up and perform on such a stage, GET IN!
Fuck off with Clichy

Fuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck off
Fuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck offFuck off

Even cunting Cole

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #1282 on: February 25, 2009, 10:20:39 pm »
Cole

Ha! On the ball, Aurelio is 10x the player Cole is. The only thing Cole has over Aurelio is the physical side of things - quicker, fitter and less injury prone. Depends what you want I suppose.

Top performance tonight, not quite man of the match for me - that goes to the Onion - but the most flawless performance without a doubt.
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1283 on: February 25, 2009, 10:21:51 pm »
Evra>>>Fabio>>>>>Cole>>>>>>>>>Warnock>>>>>>Clichy

Online Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: February 25, 2009, 10:23:56 pm »
Hope he can stay injury free. He's got talent our Fabio.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1285 on: February 25, 2009, 10:24:21 pm »
Aurelio. Class.

Offline Gary_17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: February 25, 2009, 10:27:21 pm »
He was outstanding tonight, just got to hope he keeps injury free and continues in his good form.
Justice for the 96

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #1287 on: February 25, 2009, 10:28:38 pm »
Flawless tonight. Not a foot wrong defensively, useful and inventive with the ball and a great set piece for the goal.

Usually this type of performance from Fabio is followed by an injury. Please God let him stay fit this time.
So true I am almost expecting him to wake up with an injury tomorrow morning!  Fantastic player......  Dunga, please take note (or maybe better not!)

Offline Peeker

• Blames Rafa for fucking up Johnson deal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Simply Magnificent
« Reply #1288 on: February 25, 2009, 10:29:42 pm »
Fabio's a terrific left back when he is fit and on form...however he is woefully inconsistent and you just know he will be shite on saturday v Boro away.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1289 on: February 25, 2009, 10:30:28 pm »
MOTM for me today (even though most go for Alonso, who I think was close 2nd).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: February 25, 2009, 10:30:43 pm »
Evra>>>Fabio>>>>>Cole>>>>>>>>>Warnock>>>>>>Clichy

Agree with that, Clichy is more than a little overrated imo.

Fabio was superb tonight.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: February 25, 2009, 10:31:04 pm »

Kuyt for me

Keep Fabio Fit!

Offline chrisG

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1292 on: February 25, 2009, 11:14:13 pm »
What that in aurelio's pocket? robben :)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1293 on: February 25, 2009, 11:16:33 pm »

I agree mate, worked well with Masc to close out Robben for most of the game. Offered a lot going forward (more then Riera who I thought had another bad game)
:D

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1294 on: February 25, 2009, 11:18:39 pm »
Agreed. Our Fabio was outstanding tonight and to be honest saw the team sheet and was chuffed and relieved to see he was starting. played out of his skin (even without the delivery that lead to the winner). just hope he stays fit for the rest of the season as he should be 1st choice with Insua as back up.

hope we got a 'sale or return' on Dossena.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Fine Shagger, Danny Agger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: February 25, 2009, 11:23:17 pm »
HA, take that Robben, diving c*nt.

Aurelio's really been stepping up this season. His freekicks have been superb, and he can even play in midfield too. Who'd have thunk?
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.

Offline slickman

• Sold to KrapTalk.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: February 25, 2009, 11:24:52 pm »
Quality full back very underated

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: February 25, 2009, 11:26:34 pm »

Delighted for Fabio, always very consistent, rather like an Alonso at left back. Crossing is excellent, passing is excellent and rarely flaps.

Super free kick for the goal too.

Masch, Kuyt, Benny or Aurelio for MOTM today.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #1298 on: February 25, 2009, 11:30:07 pm »
Sadly for Aurelio, his chances to play are going to be very limited. I've been reliably informed by people on this forum that Dossena will be the best left back in Europe by the summer.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1299 on: February 26, 2009, 12:02:02 am »
Fabio!

Offline Chat Rifles

• I'm sorry Wayne, finish your cider.
  • Anny Roader
  • Anything Is Possible
« Reply #1300 on: February 26, 2009, 12:20:42 am »
He was great against Robben who's been ripping defences apart in Spain.

Fabio take a great freekick too.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1301 on: February 26, 2009, 12:27:48 am »
I think Fabio had hes best performance in a red shirt tonight. I cant remember him been beaten in a tackle he kept Robben at bay and of course set up the goal with a perfect cross for yossi.

Offline redman1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Biggedy biggedy bong so it is
« Reply #1302 on: February 26, 2009, 12:29:15 am »
Brilliant performance that tonight from Fabio, him and Xabi are a class apart with the ball at their feet as well.
 I love stevie taken our free kicks in front of goal , when he can get a shot away, but every other set piece, either wide free kicks or corners should be taken by Fabio. His left foot is like a wand at times
The greatest night of my life so far

25/05/2005 Attaturk Stadium, Istanbul

North Tribune    Block 306   Row 13   Seat  343

Offline Benneh

• Proud owner of a 'Chester' Hat
  • Kopite
« Reply #1303 on: February 26, 2009, 12:31:37 am »
Very, very good night for Fabio, great cross for the goal. We need more of that, just crosses with conviction that only need a touch to go in. Too often the ball doesn't get into the heart of the area when we take set pieces, and there's no chance of a sly headed goal like tonight. Bad marking, but a great ball in, and he was quality all night.

Offline johnny_be_good

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1304 on: February 26, 2009, 12:34:17 am »
Great performance from Aurelio. Would definitely like to see him take more free-kicks and corners.

Offline lfc_bhoy

• muppet
  • Legacy Fan
  • You is getting twatted, possibilities no-FS
« Reply #1305 on: February 26, 2009, 12:37:39 am »
Sadly for Aurelio, his chances to play are going to be very limited. I've been reliably informed by people on this forum that Dossena will be the best left back in Europe by the summer.

He did get forward well the other day but he needs to learn how to defend a bit better.  To be fair though Italian wingers play differently then wingers here.
"Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy."

"There was no other color in the middle of the field except the red of Liverpool"

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1306 on: February 26, 2009, 12:48:59 am »
another great display from Fab - he's had more and more of them over the past couple of seasons, though hopefully will be given a rest on the weekend.

Good intelligent player and proper footballer - am glad he's ours :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #1307 on: February 26, 2009, 01:11:06 am »
Top top fullback top 3 in Europe easily

Evra, Clichy, Cole - all three are superior, that said tonight he was absolutely inspirational and i'm so glad we have a lot of players who are showing they have the mental steel to stand up and perform on such a stage, GET IN!

Let me guess Kaka 22 - you're English ??? ... or is it that you just don't watch any other leagues in Europe? Rumours are that there is footballing life outside the Premier League... :o

nahhh... only messing with you!! ;D

(Who could be bothered arguing on a night like this?)

C'mon you REDS!!

"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline ArgImAPirate

• Legacy Fan
  • rat a tat tat
« Reply #1308 on: February 26, 2009, 01:39:42 am »
I hope he gets to have more dead ball opportunities now that Stevie's back. Fabio's a great player and he's been terrific for us this season. Great performance today against Robben (anyone remember that delightful tackle on the diving twat?) and lovely delivery for Yossi's goal.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #1309 on: February 26, 2009, 03:34:04 am »
absolutely fantastic.
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline RyanNS

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1310 on: February 26, 2009, 03:36:59 am »
MOTM Fabio Aurelio. I said it before and I'll say it again, he is a pure class defender and has a wicked cross on him. He should be taking all of our corners and a big fuck off to Paul Parker who thought he would struggle against the likes of Arjen Robben. He shut him the fuck down. If it wasn't for a string of unfortunate injuries I'm sure Aurelio would be starting in Brazil. He gets absolutely no respect but he by far outclasses the liked of Marcelo.

You can quote me on that to Setanta you c*nts, and you to Andy Gray. Fuck off the lot of ya. 
Ozzie

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #1311 on: February 26, 2009, 03:41:39 am »
Fabio's a terrific left back when he is fit and on form...however he is woefully inconsistent and you just know he will be shite on saturday v Boro away.

If by 'woefully inconsistent' you mean he's good when he's playing but not so good when on the injury table, then I'd agree with you. Anything other than that and you'd be talking shite.
It is most odd.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1312 on: February 26, 2009, 03:41:40 am »
Great performance today, keep them coming Fabio Lad.

Good crosses, another good assist... great display in general.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #1313 on: February 26, 2009, 03:48:44 am »
You can quote me on that to Setanta you charlie uniform november tangos, and you to Martin Tyler's Monkey. Fuck off the lot of ya. 

I've got a sneaking suspicion that they probably won't quote you on it, but hey you never know.
It is most odd.

Offline RyanNS

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1314 on: February 26, 2009, 03:52:57 am »
I've got a sneaking suspicion that they probably won't quote you on it, but hey you never know.

Just in case like....Ya never know. I'm right good at this shit right!
Ozzie

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1315 on: February 26, 2009, 03:58:00 am »
Fabio was great.  No matter who he was up against (Robben most of the time) he had that left side sewn up.  Made a number of good clearances, good passes, and he's as big a threat on the set piece than anyone we have.  He's so precise, he was definitely MOTM. 

I'd love to see him, when not at LB, play in the midfield more.  I think he can do a job to fill in for either Masch or Alonso, as he has qualities of both.  He's proving to be clutch, and a great utility player who really can play different positions.  If he's fit, he should have a place somewhere on the pitch.  He was immense against pompey with his goal and the way he bossed the midfield.  Great delivery into Torres against chelsea, and his delivery in for Yossi was perfect. 

I've yet to notice a weak spot in his defending, and even though I'd like Insua to get more of a look at LB against certain sides, Aurelio is definitely a player that is a great choice to play there against stronger opposition.  More than a squad player, and with a great deal of utility in many positions, he's a player I'd like to see be in the side as much as possible.

Offline Car

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: February 26, 2009, 04:11:42 am »
Fabio has a great game. His tackling on Robben at the corner flag is superb!

Like him a lot!
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." Steven Gerrard.

Offline RyanNS

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1317 on: February 26, 2009, 04:17:30 am »
Fabio was great.  No matter who he was up against (Robben most of the time) he had that left side sewn up.  Made a number of good clearances, good passes, and he's as big a threat on the set piece than anyone we have.  He's so precise, he was definitely MOTM. 

I'd love to see him, when not at LB, play in the midfield more.  I think he can do a job to fill in for either Masch or Alonso, as he has qualities of both.  He's proving to be clutch, and a great utility player who really can play different positions.  If he's fit, he should have a place somewhere on the pitch.  He was immense against pompey with his goal and the way he bossed the midfield.  Great delivery into Torres against chelsea, and his delivery in for Yossi was perfect. 

I've yet to notice a weak spot in his defending, and even though I'd like Insua to get more of a look at LB against certain sides, Aurelio is definitely a player that is a great choice to play there against stronger opposition.  More than a squad player, and with a great deal of utility in many positions, he's a player I'd like to see be in the side as much as possible.

Agree with everything you say and like you mentioned I would love to see him playing left midfield.  He really is the quintessential "Wing Back" combining defending with an attacking flair. HE would never be left out of my squad.
Ozzie

Offline Dante79

• Main Stander
  • Nunca Caminaras Solo
« Reply #1318 on: February 26, 2009, 04:24:55 am »
Definitely one of the best players today for the Reds if not the best player today
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."  Bill Shankly

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #1319 on: February 26, 2009, 08:33:59 am »

Also, that he's undoubtedly first choice since he "cost eight million and Aurelio was a free transfer"...

He's just quality when he's fit. I can see why Rafa puts up with his constant injuries because when he doesn't have one he is calm, consistent and accurate.
Blank.