Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 969418 times)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #1040 on: January 27, 2020, 12:31:34 pm »
No one is cancelling the summer break! The lads can have time off in July like they always do.

As for them being unlikely to play those games....a) How do you know? Apart from anything else, injuries do happen. b) All the more reason they should be playing in the FA Cup. Otherwise it's no football for them for ever.
I suspect there will eb a few 'volunteers' who will stick around for the game. I also suspect that Klopp feels the need to for an even approach (everyone gets a holiday, or no one) for squad harmony and morale. I do hope he will let some stay if they want to though.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1041 on: January 27, 2020, 12:33:32 pm »
What Klopp wants Klopp gets.

Anything else means he could burn out. I'd like him to stay for another 15/20 seasons,

What Klopp wants Klopp gets. THERE SHOULD BE NO DISCUSSION.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1042 on: January 27, 2020, 12:33:39 pm »
I trust Klopp 100% to do the right thing for the players and the club.

So should all other Liverpool supporters.

He has earned our trust.

It is clear our top priorities for the rest of the season are to win the league and try to defend big ears.

Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #1043 on: January 27, 2020, 12:33:52 pm »
No one is cancelling the summer break! The lads can have time off in July like they always do.
We have the Euros and Copa America in the summer. That's Alisson, TAA, Gomez, Van Dijk, Lovren, Fabinho, Henderson, AOC, Wijnaldum, Firmino not having more than 2 weeks off this summer.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1044 on: January 27, 2020, 12:35:46 pm »
We have the Euros and Copa America in the summer. That's Alisson, TAA, Gomez, Van Dijk, Lovren, Fabinho, Henderson, AOC, Wijnaldum, Firmino not having more than 2 weeks off this summer.
True that. And I was thinking this morning how the BBC would be whining and bitching if tired legs fuck up England's chances in the Euros during the summer.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1045 on: January 27, 2020, 12:36:05 pm »
Completely see Klopp's point, but we have a number of first teamers who need a game far more than they need a break. Feels like a nose is being cut off to spite a face here. Fine if Critchley gets the dugout for this one, but at least give him a fighting chance with a few senior players who need to shake off some rust.

Completely agree with this.

I don't see how that approach in anyway jeoprdises our campaigns for the League and CL.

We got hammered from certain quarters for the team put out against Aston Villa when the first team squad were the other side of the world and playing the next day! There is going to a lot of fewm created if we put the same team out again. I know, I know, before everyone posts we shouldn't be bothered about that, but why give the LFC bashers lots of juicy free ammunition, and tarnish the good credit we have built up elsewhere.

Beside which, whilst I can understand Jurgen's frustration and his wanting to say 'stuff you FA', I would quite like us to win the FA Cup

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #1046 on: January 27, 2020, 12:37:17 pm »
I can't believe the snide comments regarding Jurgen. It is very simple having a winter break gives you an advantage towards the end of the season. You only have to look at the way players who have a winter break play in tournaments compared to players who don't. So why should Klopp give our competitors an advantage. Why go into Champions League games having deliberately worsened your chances of winning against teams that have had a winter break.

IF Klopp thinks he and the first team players would benefit from a break then back him 100% or risk him walking for a League that does respect managers and players.
Absolutely. Spot on. But I'm banging my head against a wall with all the other pundits/supporters (of both our club and others alike) critical opinions.
I fully agree with what Klopp intends to do.
If there is to be a winter break, then either every team gets one, or none. We were informed of the dates of our winter break, surely that means that we are not available to play any matches?
It is not Klopp's, nor Liverpool's job to find ways round this. It is the FAs.
The same applied with the Villa game in December, where the league knew from last June, that we would not even be in the country for any quarter final game, yet chose to ignore this, and put the onus on Liverpool to come up with a solution.

You are absolutely correct in pointing out as well about the performance of players, who have a winter break, compared to those who do. (Not that I care) but the England football team is a prime example of this (and they are already dropping as we speak - Kane etc)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1047 on: January 27, 2020, 12:38:14 pm »

As for them being unlikely to play those games....a) How do you know? Apart from anything else, injuries do happen. b) All the more reason they should be playing in the FA Cup. Otherwise it's no football for them for ever.

Really ?

The Champions League final is on the 30th of May and then Euro 2020 runs from the 12th of June until the 12th of July and then pre-season starts.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SpionBob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: January 27, 2020, 12:38:29 pm »

I don't see how that approach in anyway jeoprdises our campaigns for the League and CL.

We got hammered from certain quarters for the team put out against Aston Villa when the first team squad were the other side of the world and playing the next day! There is going to a lot of fewm created if we put the same team out again. I know, I know, before everyone posts we shouldn't be bothered about that, but why give the LFC bashers lots of juicy free ammunition, and tarnish the good credit we have built up elsewhere.

Beside which, whilst I can understand Jurgen's frustration and his wanting to say 'stuff you FA', I would quite like us to win the FA Cup

Who gives a fuck. In Jurgen we trust!
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: January 27, 2020, 12:40:23 pm »
People don't seem to understand that a mental break is just as important as a physical break.  For the coaching staff as well as the players.  We've all seen, and heard, about how much time and effort and work that Klopp, his staff, and the players put in.  They need that mental break to refresh and be able to maintain the incredible run we've been on. 

The priority's for the club are clear.  League and CL then way down the list is FA and League cup.  It's been that way since Klopp came in and he clearly has the full backing of the owners.  It's too bad he doesn't have the full backing of the supporters. 

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
« Reply #1050 on: January 27, 2020, 12:42:04 pm »
Do you think players like Keita, Shaqiri, Matip, Lovren, Lallana, Fabinho need a winter break?

Are you a little concerned - especially after last night - at the prospect of any of these players going in 'cold' to play against, say, Burnley or Villa in the Premier League when we get back from hols?   

In answer to the first part: sadly, Keita seems to need quite a long break if he's ever going to be ready for a long and uninterrupted run in the side. And Shaq seems to be struggling without having a break.

As for the second part: some people seem to think only LFC are having this break. All clubs are having this break. So it won't be us 'cold' against, say, a 'hot' Burnley or Villa. We'll all be re-starting. I don't see why this isn't being grasped!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1051 on: January 27, 2020, 12:42:56 pm »

If any of those players want to stay and train and play then so be it.

You can’t say ‘Hendo you get a break with your family, Oxlade you get a break with your family, Fabinho sorry you don’t get a break because you got injured. Hard luck.’

It genuinely flabbergasts me that intelligent posters are essentially going ‘yeah I know it’s a mid season break for the first team players and squad...but let’s use these first teamers’. It’s surely either all or none, otherwise how do you even justify it? If you’ve played more than this amount of minutes you qualify for a holiday?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1052 on: January 27, 2020, 12:43:38 pm »
Bet he does no work. He's got like 3 coaches working directly under him and only stands up for 90 mins during games - not like he even runs up and down the touch line.

Part timer Klopp!

Aye in t'olden days when men were men, they'd go down pit and docks and work 47 hours a day for a tuppence and a bag o'cheese and then come t'game and kick a lump of concrete around pitch before heading to drag ships down Mersey wi'their bare hands and then go and do some real work.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1053 on: January 27, 2020, 12:44:41 pm »
Are people still having a go at the manager over this crazy situation? One slight point for all those going on about certain players needing games. Who is in the best position to judge? The manager and the team of trainers whose job it is to see through the fitness levels of the players, or you and me? My vote is going on the first group not the latter. All of this season has been organised to fit in with the winter break which was agreed, long before teams started competing in the FA Cup. Therefore let Klopp and his team do the business, we are going to start the most important part of the season soon. The players and manager deserve the time to get their heads and bodies in perfect condition for that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1054 on: January 27, 2020, 12:44:58 pm »
Aye in t'olden days when men were men, they'd go down pit and docks and work 47 hours a day for a tuppence and a bag o'cheese and then come t'game and kick a lump of concrete around pitch before heading to drag ships down Mersey wi'their bare hands and then go and do some real work.

Yup, and they were lucky if they got a mid-decade break.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1055 on: January 27, 2020, 12:45:05 pm »

If my aunty etc, etc

Fact remains - planned for ‘no games during winter break’ now told ‘play during winter break’ - so FAs poor planning becomes LFCs problem?

Nah

FA could easily have said, if a replay interferes with winter break that game will go to penalties. Instead we get bollocks and BS.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1056 on: January 27, 2020, 12:45:09 pm »
Anybody here think Allison, Trent, Robbo, Virg, Gomez, Hendo, Gini, Bobby, Salah, Mane, Oxlade should play in the replay?

No one I suspect.

Anybody here absolutely insist that Jurgen doesn't take a break either? Or that Critchley can't fill in for the replay?

Maybe one or two. But most of us would accept Jurgen gets his break.

Right. Let's get down to the meat. Anyone reckon Fabinho, Matip, Lovren, Keita, Minamino, Lallana, Jones, Williams, Adrian, Origi need a winter's break? Anyone reckon it might be damaging to have them available for Critchley for the replay? Anyone reckon that LFC's title challenge might be ENHANCED by them getting more minutes in the Cup?

That's the real question. Everything else is just noise.

I was shocked by how un match-fit some of our returning lads were last night. And I'm not convinced that having even more time off will make them match-fitter. Though I'd love to be persuaded.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1057 on: January 27, 2020, 12:45:38 pm »
All about the Team -

If you want "magic" - read JK
If you want a parade - trust JK

Rowling or Klopp - tea leaves suggest its a red spring; get in and have a cup

One more point, all of this is amplified by the previous tie with AV media shower, as well as this is the first year of this winter break (setting a precedent is important if you do not want to get walked all over for years to come)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 12:48:29 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1058 on: January 27, 2020, 12:46:52 pm »
It genuinely flabbergasts me that intelligent posters are essentially going ‘yeah I know it’s a mid season break for the first team players and squad...but let’s use these first teamers’. It’s surely either all or none, otherwise how do you even justify it? If you’ve played more than this amount of minutes you qualify for a holiday?

Because that's what we usually do in the cups anyway; it's just not an official break.

Offline SpionBob

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: January 27, 2020, 12:49:45 pm »
In terms of worldwide Kudos the 4 main trophies to pocket are the CL, The Premier League (as it is so popular), The Club World Cup (for worldwide recognition) and The Euro Super Cup (for bragging rights). The owners recognise this and the commercial opportunities if we can win the lot of them in the same season. Sadly the FA Cup is not what it was and the League Cup has always been a poor relation.

We are competing with the giants of the game at the present, RM, Barca, BM, Juve who would all be delighted to win their respective leagues alongside the other 3 trophies mentioned.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: January 27, 2020, 12:50:30 pm »
Because that's what we usually do in the cups anyway; it's just not an official break.

Usually?

When has there ever been a winter break?  The whole point is that this got fought for and now the FA want to go back and impose their schedule on the existing structure
They have had plenty of time to sort this out when the announcement for a winter break arose.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: January 27, 2020, 12:50:49 pm »
Anybody here think Allison, Trent, Robbo, Virg, Gomez, Hendo, Gini, Bobby, Salah, Mane, Oxlade should play in the replay?

No one I suspect.

Anybody here absolutely insist that Jurgen doesn't take a break either? Or that Critchley can't fill in for the replay?

Right. Let's get down to the meat. Anyone reckon Fabinho, Matip, Lovren, Keita, Minamino, Lallana, Jones, Williams, Adrian, Origi need a winter's break? Anyone reckon it might be damaging to have them available for Critchley for the replay? Anyone reckon that LFC's title challenge might be ENHANCED by them getting more minutes in the Cup?

I was shocked by how un match-fit some of our returning lads were last night. And I'm not convinced that having even more time off will make them match-fitter. Though I'd love to be persuaded.

That may be the question to the fans, but it's clearly not to Klopp. It's about two things from his perspective (which I'd argue, as he's in charge, is all that matters) 1 - respecting the players health and fitness,
2 - ensuring a winter break actually means a break.

If during the first ever winter break we don't actually get a break - then what's the point? It will be immediately meaningless.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: January 27, 2020, 12:51:12 pm »

No one I suspect.

I think there’s a fair chance some of them might get a bit pissy if we tell them they can’t have the same break as the others, because they’ve been unlucky enough to get injured. I don’t see why we’d create a division in the camp when we don’t need to at this point in the season for the sake of a game our kids should be good enough to win anyway.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: January 27, 2020, 12:51:23 pm »
Usually?

When has there ever been a winter break?  The whole point is that this got fought for and now the FA want to go back and impose their schedule on the existing structure
They have had plenty of time to sort this out when the announcement for a winter break arose.

We usually rest some first-team players in the cups and play some other ones, yes.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: January 27, 2020, 12:52:53 pm »
In terms of worldwide Kudos the 4 main trophies to pocket are the CL, The Premier League (as it is so popular), The Club World Cup (for worldwide recognition) and The Euro Super Cup (for bragging rights). The owners recognise this and the commercial opportunities if we can win the lot of them in the same season. Sadly the FA Cup is not what it was and the League Cup has always been a poor relation.

We are competing with the giants of the game at the present, RM, Barca, BM, Juve who would all be delighted to win their respective leagues alongside the other 3 trophies mentioned.

This is not where I land --- ranking all of the competitions and putting the FA near the bottom.  Not at all.

However, the reason the FA Cup takes a hit in these kind of larger comparisons is because of the FA's Cup inability to cater to teams, players and supporters in new and innovative ways --- failure to change for all of the wrong reasons.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: January 27, 2020, 12:53:12 pm »

What? ;D

You don’t seem to really grasp what’s happening with the break. They’re not reporting into training as usual, they’ve got the week off. That’s not what we usually do in the cups.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: January 27, 2020, 12:53:48 pm »
If during the first ever winter break we don't actually get a break - then what's the point? It will be immediately meaningless.

I agree this is big picture stuff and on one hand I applaud Klopp for taking a stance.

On the other hand, though, the replay isn't smack bang in the middle of the break. It's three or four days after Southampton. Those involved would still probably have a whole week off between the replay and getting back into training ahead of Norwich away, and they'd have gained invaluable minutes to build them back up ahead of the rest of the season.

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #1067 on: January 27, 2020, 12:55:47 pm »
I think the idea of giving some first team squad players the option to stay and play is a minefield. In other words, if a player chooses to take a break (not to say cancel a family holiday), does that mean he is less committed or professional than one who stays? Or is he being more professional resting himself? It's a minefield and also a real peer pressure scenario.  The only way to navigate that is if some are instructed to stay (no choice), and even that sends out mixed signals of what is important.
Also - What if some players stay and Jürgen doesn't? - Imagine the fume.
I think a clear decision (as it seems to be) has more chance to navigate all that crap.  We are being shown clear leadership.  I support it.
And it's a great opportunity and experience for the kids, win (hopefully) or lose.
Now, on to West Ham.....

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: January 27, 2020, 12:55:58 pm »
What? ;D

You don’t seem to really grasp what’s happening with the break. They’re not reporting into training as usual, they’ve got the week off. That’s not what we usually do in the cups.

The only person here who doesn't understand the concept of a break is yourself, since you're on here 24/7 being deliberately obtuse, despite supporting another Premier League team. Must be fucking tiring that.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: January 27, 2020, 12:56:21 pm »

You can’t say ‘Hendo you get a break with your family, Oxlade you get a break with your family, Fabinho sorry you don’t get a break because you got injured. Hard luck.’

It genuinely flabbergasts me that intelligent posters are essentially going ‘yeah I know it’s a mid season break for the first team players and squad...but let’s use these first teamers’.

I'm not saying that at all. The majority of first teamers who have been promised a break and need a break will get their break!

But you might think some of the others - Fabinho, Milner, Keita for example, who are coming back from periods out, may welcome the opportunity for game time, see it as beneficial and be more than happy to sacrifice their week in Ibiza. If they're not, or the Club don't agree it's right, then fine, they go on their break. 

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1070 on: January 27, 2020, 12:56:29 pm »
What I don`t understand is what took place at the meetings etc when the winter break was agreed upon. Surely it wasn`t beyond the wit of man for someone to have appreciated that there was a distinct possibility that some PL teams may be involved in a FA cup replay ? Not exactly a butterfly effect scenario is it !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: January 27, 2020, 12:56:55 pm »
We usually rest some first-team players in the cups and play some other ones, yes.

Because there had been no winter break --- we have to understand the modern game -- players need recovery just as much as, if not more, than they need a third game in a week.

This is the first year of winter break -- there is no usually, which makes the encroachment here by FA bewilderingly blind to the issues raised every time Jurgen gets a mic and a question.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: January 27, 2020, 12:57:50 pm »
The only person here who doesn't understand the concept of a break is yourself, since you're on here 24/7 being deliberately obtuse, despite supporting another Premier League team. Must be fucking tiring that.

Cool, so you do understand the difference between a full break from the team and resting some players for a cup game whilst still training with the team? Because you didn’t seem to is all.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: January 27, 2020, 12:58:30 pm »
Cool, so you do understand the difference between a full break from the team and resting some players for a cup game whilst still training with the team? Because you didn’t seem to is all.

Yes, I understand what a break is now. Thank you for the education.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1074 on: January 27, 2020, 12:58:39 pm »
We’re not in the position to be looking down on cups like FA Cup, especially with the respect showed to the FIFA Club World Cup, the Fa Cup is the 3rd biggest cup in Europe and part of a treble we have yet to ever complete(Pl,CL,FA) we should try winning all three, out squad is big enough, there are quality player who won’t even make the match day squad if everyone is fit.
Just a reminder that we have just comne through a period where we were down to two fit centre backs and had lost Fabinho to injury. Keita, Ox, Shaquiri have had injuries and Robinson and Salah were playing through ankle injuries. Mane is out for a while as well.

We haven't won that treble (although we've won others) yet we're still the most successful team in England and currently European Champions,  World Champions and league Champions elect.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: January 27, 2020, 12:59:03 pm »
I'm not saying that at all. The majority of first teamers who have been promised a break and need a break will get their break!

But you might think some of the others - Fabinho, Milner, Keita for example, who are coming back from periods out, may welcome the opportunity for game time, see it as beneficial and be more than happy to sacrifice their week in Ibiza. If they're not, or the Club don't agree it's right, then fine, they go on their break.

Aye, but asking if anyone wants to stay and train is very different to telling them they have to because they’ve been injured.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1076 on: January 27, 2020, 01:01:32 pm »
I think there’s a fair chance some of them might get a bit pissy if we tell them they can’t have the same break as the others, because they’ve been unlucky enough to get injured. I don’t see why we’d create a division in the camp when we don’t need to at this point in the season for the sake of a game our kids should be good enough to win anyway.

Thanks. At least that's a sensible reply.

My answer to that would be...we don't know. It's equally as likely, I'd have thought, that these players would be aching to play football - having been deprived of it for so long. First, because they generally like football and they haven't been indulging themselves recently. Second because there is intense competition for places in the first team and the best way to demonstrate one's qualification to play is...to play. Nothing impresses the boss more than a good performance in a competitive fixture. And Shrewsbury would be that.

As a PS I'd say that if I was Fabinho or Matip I'd be dying to play again. It was scary how unfit they were last night.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: January 27, 2020, 01:02:26 pm »
Angry at Klopp wanting a break?

Anyone annoyed by him not wanting to be there should be careful what they wish for. Things like this will increase likelyhood of him wanting to leave 2024 or earlier. Let him have his winter break.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1078 on: January 27, 2020, 01:03:27 pm »

That's the way I see it too.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1079 on: January 27, 2020, 01:03:40 pm »
Klopp (rightly) doesn't think the league is over and wants to finish the season strongly. Manè has broken down with a hamstring. Too many games. A season break was arranged and we are going to honor that and not move the goal posts because of a reply.
As far as I'm concerned, Klopp can do what he likes.

Yep too right. The F.A. Cup has naturally diminished first of all because of United's action in their doomed attempt to become World Club Champions, then also by playing all those semi-final games at Wembley to make money for the stadium.

The winter break will be beneficial to the top clubs and top division players, because despite all the money, you can only flog a horse so many times before you start losing out.

Klopp stepping down from taking matches is a new innovation though, presumably he is fit enough to stand around and organise another game midweek? However, if the boss wants to make a point, who am I to argue. Klopp is a fantastic manager and human being and we're should thank our luck stars every day with him in the job.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias