Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 43008 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2018, 08:11:11 pm »
Just watching some of our matches from last season, and I'd genuinely forgotten about old Emre! Anyone know how he's getting on at Juve this season?

Only started four league games and only featured in 11. Had to have an operation on some weird medical issue that I cannot remember enough about.

But he will be getting paid more than being here and is guaranteed a trophy, so I guess it’s mission accomplished for him.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2018, 08:33:35 pm »
We definitely aren’t missing him,I always thought he was a good steady player,but no more

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2018, 10:14:45 pm »
Just watching some of our matches from last season, and I'd genuinely forgotten about old Emre! Anyone know how he's getting on at Juve this season?

Not well.

Think he and Coutinho are both finding that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2018, 10:24:36 pm »
Not well.

Think he and Coutinho are both finding that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Says he’s played 11 times for Juventus. Ah well such is life.

Completely forgot about Coutinho.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2018, 10:30:18 pm »
Says he’s played 11 times for Juventus. Ah well such is life.

Completely forgot about Coutinho.

Only 4 starts in Serie A, none in the CL.

Doubt that was what he was hoping for or expecting when he ran down his contract here.

Oh well.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2018, 10:32:08 pm »
He's going to be world class. WORLD CLASS, I TELL YA!

;D
Better looking than Samie.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2018, 10:35:14 pm »
He did miss about 6 weeks with an illness though.

Thing is, he surely knew he'd not be a regular at Juventus either.  But he'll have got a big signing on bonus, and be on bigger wages, and lives in Italy, and may just like Serie A more, so i'm sure he's alright with that decsions  ;D 

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2018, 02:20:51 am »
Not well.

I think Phillipe is doing just fine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2018, 09:31:12 am »
I think Phillipe is doing just fine

I don’t think Barcelona fans think the same.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2018, 11:17:34 am »

Really? Few times I have seen him play he's done well. Don't watch them often mind. Do we have a thread for him? Couldn't see one.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2018, 11:28:20 am »

But they’re normally so fair and understanding!

What’s his problem there? Not being Iniesta presumably?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2018, 11:32:31 am »
Emre who?

Cant say we miss him or need him we signed upgrades for sure.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

• Legacy Fan

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2018, 02:16:57 pm »
It’s been stated before - Can was a model professional during his time here and scored some great goals. His limitations weren’t going to disappear - so once we understood that he wasn’t going to sign a new contract the club didn’t waste any more energy. However he didn’t stop playing (too bad about the injury during the CL run as it would have been better to put out a fit player rather than one coming off an injury) and Klopp picked him often enough.

No animosity to him at all - only wish we had gotten a fee.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2018, 02:27:32 pm »

He's either started or come on in pretty much every game that I've seen, he's just missed a few weeks as he needed surgery on throat nodules, came straight back into the side though pretty much. To be honest he's playing more than I expected him to be doing, and also more than I imagine he would have done here as well. Seems to be doing well enough, maybe the slower pace is beneficial to him.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2019, 12:42:01 am »

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2019, 01:23:59 pm »
What a player this kid is turning into. Mental we let him go.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2019, 02:57:01 pm »
So essentially, he'll be the new John O'Shea and Wes Brown in picking up medals others won for him?  :wave Oh well. Decent player on his day, but hasn't even thought about him this season.
Linudden.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2019, 12:09:37 pm »
Can’t really see the need for any hate. Good player, honoured his contract, didn’t bad mouth the club and always gave his best. He wouldn’t get in our current side and we are better off without him but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t wish him well (unless he’s playing against us of course)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2019, 12:12:10 pm »
He scored again today.......

http://www.espn.com/soccer/report?gameId=522613
You seem to have left a tiny bit of information out. ;) ;D
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2019, 02:57:17 pm »

Indeed. :D

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2019, 03:20:46 pm »
To be fair to him, he seems to be playing as much or more for Juve as he would have for us, and is guaranteed a league title and probably a deep run in the CL. Good move for him, and it hasn't harmed us at all really.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2019, 04:56:59 pm »
Can’t really see the need for any hate. Good player, honoured his contract, didn’t bad mouth the club and always gave his best. He wouldn’t get in our current side and we are better off without him but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t wish him well (unless he’s playing against us of course)

I don't think the hate is against Can, per se. It's more a derision against those who insisted that he was going to be a world class player in central midfield, which was clearly never the case, and that we'd be crazy to let him go, and that it would come back to bite us, etc

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2019, 05:15:26 pm »
Well, the amount of time I've spent thinking about him this season is roughly zero seconds. No hate whatsoever. He's a decent guy who doesn't quite belong in one of the biggest clubs due to his development stalling. I'd not be surprised to see him back in a top-half Bundesliga side rather shortly once he realises that starting for Juve is a step too high for him. Either that, or he settles down as a perpetural backup in Turin. The way Juve runs its business, he'd probably be shipped away to a Leverkusen, Wolfsburg or Leipzig though. After all, there are always other bosmans to be found  ;)
Linudden.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2019, 05:36:40 pm »
I don't think the hate is against Can, per se. It's more a derision against those who insisted that he was going to be a world class player in central midfield, which was clearly never the case, and that we'd be crazy to let him go, and that it would come back to bite us, etc

Also the vehement outrage and horror at not receiving a fee for selling him...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2019, 06:29:33 pm »
Also the vehement outrage and horror at not receiving a fee for selling him...

We didn't receive a fee?

I am outraged and horrified.

Most vehemently!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2019, 08:27:41 pm »
We didn't receive a fee?

I am outraged and horrified.

Most vehemently!

Pages and pages of purest bile, it was kind of hilarious, as if the whole club would come crumbling down because we did not "cash in..."
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2019, 09:11:54 pm »
Not surprised that he's not cutting it. He's always been shite and was strangely overrated by our fanbase. Would be good if football was played stood still, but it isn't.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2019, 09:14:30 pm »
Not surprised that he's not cutting it. He's always been shite and was strangely overrated by our fanbase. Would be good if football was played stood still, but it isn't.

Oh god, football supporters in over rating their own clubs players shock horror
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2019, 09:20:40 pm »
Emre's not crap. He's a decent player, just not one that looks capable of starting for a top 10 club in the world. He tried his best for us. He'll have a decent career and I wish him well.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2019, 11:32:17 pm »
Emre's not crap. He's a decent player, just not one that looks capable of starting for a top 10 club in the world. He tried his best for us. He'll have a decent career and I wish him well.

especially since he never had a bad word to say about us and was a top professional on an off the field while playing for Liverpool.

plus THAT Watford goal.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2019, 11:40:56 pm »

The assist from Luis Alberto?
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #73 on: February 6, 2019, 10:16:06 am »
He’ll be back in Germany after his Juve contract runs down and he’s made his bank balance fat and filled that trophy cabinet with medals showcasing the exploits of Pjanic, Ronaldo, Cancelo et al.

I’ve no dislike of Emre or ill-feeling towards him whatsoever. He was alright for us but clearly lacking the technique and game intelligence to make it at an elite side. Maybe could have used him during the current defensive crisis though  ;D
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #74 on: February 6, 2019, 11:08:23 am »
He’ll be back in Germany after his Juve contract runs down and he’s made his bank balance fat and filled that trophy cabinet with medals showcasing the exploits of Pjanic, Ronaldo, Cancelo et al.

I’ve no dislike of Emre or ill-feeling towards him whatsoever. He was alright for us but clearly lacking the technique and game intelligence to make it at an elite side. Maybe could have used him during the current defensive crisis though  ;D
How are Juventus not an elite side?
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #75 on: February 6, 2019, 11:18:13 am »
How are Juventus not an elite side?

I think the crux of his post is that he won't make it at Juve and they won't renew his contract.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #76 on: February 6, 2019, 02:37:08 pm »
I think the crux of his post is that he won't make it at Juve and they won't renew his contract.
hmm interesting,

just had a little look 21 appearances 1 goal 1 assist 1.069

comparing to his replacement here in Fab

22 appearances 1 goal 2 assists 1.382   

Can's played 1/3 less minutes but is that down to the injury layoff? Other than that they look pretty similar and I don't think anyone is writing Fab off just yet.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 6, 2019, 04:06:49 pm »
Fabinho is the better player. He suits us better he does his role better, as a 6 he doesn't need to be scoring goals or creating chances, it helps if he does, but that's not his role. So comparing the two in those two categories alone is nonsense.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 6, 2019, 04:09:16 pm »
hmm interesting,

just had a little look 21 appearances 1 goal 1 assist 1.069

comparing to his replacement here in Fab

22 appearances 1 goal 2 assists 1.382   

Can's played 1/3 less minutes but is that down to the injury layoff? Other than that they look pretty similar and I don't think anyone is writing Fab off just yet.

What about the other aspects of midfield play?

Passing? Defending? What is the stats with those?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #79 on: February 6, 2019, 04:52:12 pm »
Fabinho is the better player. He suits us better he does his role better, as a 6 he doesn't need to be scoring goals or creating chances, it helps if he does, but that's not his role. So comparing the two in those two categories alone is nonsense.
Agreed.

I never understood what the fascination with Can was all about.
He was never really the top class MF we needed. Too slow, too ponderous.
Ironically his stand out position for us was when Brendan stuck him at RB! That's what we remember the most about him - all those pirouettes and turns with the ball under pressure in the peno area haha and he always seemed to get past the pressuring forward player and get rid of the ball. fair play to him. It seemed like he was almost turning on the style in defence to kind of tell Brendan that he was pissed off being put at RB haha