Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1040692 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #14440 on: March 21, 2019, 01:52:38 am »
Good luck to him :thumbsup

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14441 on: March 21, 2019, 05:59:45 am »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14442 on: March 24, 2019, 11:37:52 am »
Can i register a company name with companies house even if I don't plan to start trading for a few months

I basically want to secure the company name

cheers

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14443 on: March 24, 2019, 02:19:55 pm »
Can i register a company name with companies house even if I don't plan to start trading for a few months

I basically want to secure the company name

cheers

You mean a Ltd company? Yep, no problem.

Keep an eye on filing dates as they’ll be from when you register rather than from when you start trading.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14444 on: March 24, 2019, 02:29:23 pm »
You mean a Ltd company? Yep, no problem.

Keep an eye on filing dates as they’ll be from when you register rather than from when you start trading.

Thanks Craig

I was actually gonna PM you direct to be honest :)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14445 on: March 24, 2019, 02:31:47 pm »
No worries mate, happy to help!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14446 on: March 25, 2019, 11:33:33 am »
If someone is self employed, and decides to become a director instead, do they need to deregister as self employed with HMRC, or is this an automatic thing when they submit the tax return?

eg. Someone decides on  31/10/18 they are no longer self employed, but then sets up a Ltd company with start date of 01/11/18, should they have something available to them now from HMRC, 25/03/19, that proves the self employment has ended?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14447 on: March 25, 2019, 08:57:41 pm »
I'm having to do a CV for the first time in about 15 years. Can anyone recommend a good, hopefully free, website to help me with this? The more help the better ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14448 on: March 25, 2019, 09:11:54 pm »
I'm having to do a CV for the first time in about 15 years. Can anyone recommend a good, hopefully free, website to help me with this? The more help the better ;D

Don’t do it via website. Do it in Word if you know how and just look on Google for some templates to base it on.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14449 on: March 25, 2019, 10:52:30 pm »
Don’t do it via website. Do it in Word if you know how and just look on Google for some templates to base it on.

Yeah I am looking at the Word templates, but I have writers block, for want of a better term.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14450 on: March 25, 2019, 11:07:53 pm »
Write what you can then post it up here and we’ll tidy it up. Or PM me and I’ll do it.

In general (having employed 50+ people and looked at well over 10x as many CVs) stick to a pretty standard layout. Keep any writing short and to the point (cos it’ll get scan read to begin with), stay away from generic statements. Make your achievements (most recent and best first) obvious and well laid out so they are easily seen.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14451 on: March 26, 2019, 02:17:22 am »
Write what you can then post it up here and we’ll tidy it up.
statements. Make your achievements (most recent and best first) obvious and well laid out so they are easily seen.

There’s a RAWK trap if ever I saw one ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #14452 on: March 26, 2019, 10:10:35 am »
There’s a RAWK trap if ever I saw one ;D
Sussed  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14453 on: March 26, 2019, 10:14:24 am »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14454 on: March 27, 2019, 10:55:50 am »
When you leave a job and get your P45, is this given to you by the employer you just left, or HMRC?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14455 on: March 27, 2019, 10:57:13 am »
When you leave a job and get your P45, is this given to you by the employer you just left, or HMRC?

Employer should provide you with a P45 (either at time of leaving or soon after).

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14456 on: March 27, 2019, 11:00:23 am »
Cheers Craig

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14457 on: April 13, 2019, 10:17:03 am »
The black bracelet Klopp wears anyone know where you can find something similar?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14458 on: April 13, 2019, 10:44:11 am »

I know this was a fortnight ago but I can help you if still needed. I am in recruitment so read 100s of CVs a week.  Let me know Brian
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14459 on: April 28, 2019, 06:29:00 pm »
My missus has to take our 2 year old on a flight alone and needs some kind of screen device with headphones to keep him occupied. We want something that we can download some stuff onto and that won't be broken if dropped.

Any ideas?
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14460 on: April 28, 2019, 06:30:43 pm »
Keeps flies out a treat.
My missus has to take our 2 year old on a flight alone and needs some kind of screen device with headphones to keep him occupied. We want something that we can download some stuff onto and that won't be broken if dropped.

Any ideas?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14461 on: April 28, 2019, 06:35:48 pm »

Still don't buy the s*n.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14462 on: April 28, 2019, 06:57:43 pm »

Any ideas?

Amazon Fire HD8 Kids version, kid proof case. Stick Netflix on (do the free month trial if you don't have it) , download some kids stuff? I believe you can also install Google play on it.

We've just paid £170 for a Samsung Galaxy A10, case and screen protector from Amazon for the 8 yr old, Lenovo tablets are good too, my eldest got one after his Nexus 7 died on him. They start at £60 in currys.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lenovo-computing/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/149_3402_32003_1700_xx/xx-criteria.html
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14463 on: April 29, 2019, 06:35:40 am »
Thanks Rob.

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14464 on: May 11, 2019, 11:33:15 pm »
So my wife was involved in an accident yesterday and she exchanged details with the guy who crashed into her. I got a courtesy car today but today he's turned round and said he wasn't insured, it was his daughter  :no where do I go from here?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14465 on: May 12, 2019, 08:29:28 am »
So my wife was involved in an accident yesterday and she exchanged details with the guy who crashed into her. I got a courtesy car today but today he's turned round and said he wasn't insured, it was his daughter  :no where do I go from here?

Ring the Police first and report the accident, then speak to your insurance company. If the c*nt is genuinely uninsured, there is the MIB route.

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/claiming-against-an-uninsured-driver/
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14466 on: May 12, 2019, 10:30:19 am »
Ring the Police first and report the accident, then speak to your insurance company. If the c*nt is genuinely uninsured, there is the MIB route.

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/claiming-against-an-uninsured-driver/
Will Police be interested? No-one called them at the time of the accident so not sure if they'll do anything. Will definitely try MIB, that's my only option now. Absolute dickhead though, first tells me that he's got fully comp insurance then turns around and does a complete u-turn, basically lying to us to get out of a situation

Probably explain to him that he’s in desperate shit and if he wants to pay for a private repair, then everyone wins. You don’t lose any no claims and don’t have to write you’ve been in an accident for the next three years and he doesn’t have to lose his license and possibly get a gigantic fine.
I've already reported it my insurance company though. No idea what happens from here, would they not have rang the other guys insurance company to check if he was covered?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14467 on: May 12, 2019, 10:51:31 am »
He was driving without insurance. The police will 100% be interested.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14468 on: May 12, 2019, 11:20:18 am »
He was driving without insurance. The police will 100% be interested.

Not always  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14469 on: May 12, 2019, 12:22:25 pm »
Will Police be interested? No-one called them at the time of the accident so not sure if they'll do anything. Will definitely try MIB, that's my only option now. Absolute dickhead though, first tells me that he's got fully comp insurance then turns around and does a complete u-turn, basically lying to us to get out of a situation
I've already reported it my insurance company though. No idea what happens from here, would they not have rang the other guys insurance company to check if he was covered?

They should be, he was driving without insurance. Your missus has obviously suffered some kind of injury in the accident, bit of whiplash or something, so they should be.

I know there is a central database that the Police can access to check if you are insured and I know when taking out insurance they state that insurances companies share data, so that sounds to me like they also have access to the database and can check.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14470 on: May 12, 2019, 01:03:30 pm »
They should be, he was driving without insurance. Your missus has obviously suffered some kind of injury in the accident, bit of whiplash or something, so they should be.

I know there is a central database that the Police can access to check if you are insured and I know when taking out insurance they state that insurances companies share data, so that sounds to me like they also have access to the database and can check.
Yeah my relative initially advised me not to go Police in the hope that maybe we can sort this out privately but some other people ave also said go to the Police as this guy seems like he's pulling a fast one. His daughter even rang me yesterday asking me to change to story to the insurance company to say she was the one driving, imagine that!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14471 on: May 12, 2019, 01:06:13 pm »
Yeah my relative initially advised me not to go Police in the hope that maybe we can sort this out privately but some other people ave also said go to the Police as this guy seems like he's pulling a fast one. His daughter even rang me yesterday asking me to change to story to the insurance company to say she was the one driving, imagine that!

Wow. Yeah do not do that. Insurance fraud right there.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14472 on: May 12, 2019, 01:14:53 pm »

As Craig says, don't get involved in that one.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14473 on: May 12, 2019, 01:17:21 pm »
Yeah they just struck me as dodgy people. Even when I arrived at the accident scene, they were cowering in the corner discussing something and when I went to talk to them, no eye contact.

Appreciate the helps lads :wave hoping for the best on this one

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14474 on: May 12, 2019, 03:09:12 pm »
So the Police have filed a report and will investigate him. But looks like I'm going to have to pay for the damages out of my own pocket since the c*nt wasn't insured.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #14475 on: May 13, 2019, 11:33:11 pm »
So the Police have filed a report and will investigate him. But looks like I'm going to have to pay for the damages out of my own pocket since the c*nt wasn't insured.

WTF - you have your own insurance, no? Plus there's the fund for being hit by an uninsured.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #14476 on: May 14, 2019, 01:36:00 pm »
Oh aye it takes the piss that insurance goes up if you make a claim, it happened to my other half last year, but I thought that chap was saying he had to pay for his repairs himself.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14477 on: May 14, 2019, 10:30:35 pm »
My Sky Sports channels have gone really stuttery recently to the point of being unwatchable. Other channels are fine, just the sport. Any ideas why? Or how I can fix it? I’ve turned off at the wall and restarted a couple of times and it’s done the trick for a short while but then it returns. Ta!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14478 on: May 14, 2019, 10:34:06 pm »
My Sky Sports channels have gone really stuttery recently to the point of being unwatchable. Other channels are fine, just the sport. Any ideas why? Or how I can fix it? I’ve turned off at the wall and restarted a couple of times and it’s done the trick for a short while but then it returns. Ta!
Is there a tree or plant that is growing and partially blocking your dish?

Used to happen to mine before I moved, some channels had no problem, others were awful.  Could also be a misaligned dish of course.

Go into the setting and check the signal strength and quality.  I imagine one of these is the issue.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14479 on: May 14, 2019, 10:56:01 pm »
Is summer so what tepid said could be true, lots of overgrown branches now.

Check the signal strength, if no obstruction and weak signal it’s the LNB on the dish. Can go at any time. And crap on the lnb can affect signal too