Author Topic: Match Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool [Sat 15 Sept 2018, KO 12:30]  (Read 144164 times)

Offline Big-Cisse

• Anny Roader
Re: Match Preview: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool [Sat 15 Sept 2018, KO 12:30]
« Reply #320 on: September 14, 2018, 02:11:00 pm »
lloris was in . . . frustrating game!

Maybe not then! :D

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #321 on: September 14, 2018, 02:12:21 pm »
Hard to know what kind of game we'll see tomorrow.
We haven't hit our stride yet but are still getting results with players scoring whilst not looking near their best which is a great sign. The international break is usually to our detriment in some ways, even though it's been excruciating waiting to see us play again the break could be a good little transistional period for that extra bit of sharpness and fitness for our team.
It's helpful that Lloris isn't playing, Dele Alli out too.
Spurs looked all over the place in the Man u game first half, especially in midfield, so messy and amateur. Even at the back I thought they were very sloppy. It was an odd game.
I think we'll see us produce a very professional and clinical performance tomorrow. There is some edge to our game now with a stronger mentality to not lose focus even when we aren't in control of the game. so I expect returning from breaks and early kick offs to not be this fearful thing people make it out to be.
Hopefully spurs won't cheat too much and get dodgy decisions like they seem to excel at doing.
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #322 on: September 14, 2018, 03:30:03 pm »
So with Son now officially skipping out of military service, do we call them Tottenham Bonespur?

They've got Son, and he's not a soldier

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #323 on: September 14, 2018, 04:40:09 pm »
"Fortunate Son"?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: September 14, 2018, 04:49:50 pm »
feeling this will be a draw, hopefully we get the 3 points come on you reds, feels like an eternity since the last time we played [unfortunately we have another international break in october and november]

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #326 on: September 14, 2018, 05:30:57 pm »
feeling this will be a draw, hopefully we get the 3 points come on you reds, feels like an eternity since the last time we played [unfortunately we have another international break in october and november]

We will win. There is one less diver - Ali, to worry about tomorrow.

Even if they still had Modric, we would still overrun their midfield. However, Klopp must be prepared to sub Henderson and Gini if they ever turn up the way they did in the second half against Leicester.

Offline WaterfordRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #327 on: September 14, 2018, 07:34:23 pm »
Reasonably optimistic about this. I think we will win 1-2 making it another good Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:36:02 pm by WaterfordRed »
SOS 8040

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #328 on: September 14, 2018, 07:45:58 pm »
So ready for this. Can't stand the way the international break disrupts the season so early every year.

A draw would be a fine result. I think we're going to win though. 2-0.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #329 on: September 14, 2018, 08:17:22 pm »
Proper footy is back thank fuck. Impossible to call for me. Spurs are very good and could beat us easily, as we could with them.

We feel a little less naive though so far this season, so I’m predicting a narrow win for us.

Offline brightside.

• Main Stander
  • If you ain't first, you're last
    • twitter
« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2018, 08:29:43 pm »
Spurs will get spells of possession during the game. We have to take our chances. We are better defensively than previous seasons so a sucker punch counter attacking goal after turning the ball over due to our gegenpressing should be enough for 3 points.

Fabinho should be keen to impress and raring to go. I wouldn't mind seeing him come on if we are leading around the 70th minute.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel Kuyt could pull a Forest Gump once he retires from football. Just run for years without stopping

Offline Jon G

• I'm Jim Rockford, at the tone leave your name and number and I'll get back to ya. PM Jon Hall if you can read this...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 78 stone wobble
    • not mine
« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2018, 09:11:00 pm »
Just twat them
NOTHING GREAT HAS EVER BEEN ACHIEVED WITHOUT PASSION - CARRAGHER 23

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2018, 09:17:21 pm »
It feels like we haven't played in weeks.

Just win. We owe them after the 4-1 at Wembley and the dodgy penalty at Anfield that led to the draw. They have injury problems and we are off to a flying start, points-wise at least, so we should come out and get the three points. I'm going for a 2-0 win. Salah and Mane with the goals and Keita to cause their midfield all kinds of problems.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: September 14, 2018, 09:28:24 pm »
Milner has to play, been our best player this season in my view alongside Van Dijk. No international duty, not that that would have had any impact to his energy levels anyway

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: September 14, 2018, 10:07:09 pm »
Still pissed off about that diving parade that they displayed at Anfield.
Better referee this time around, so they'll actually have to create and score goals.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: September 14, 2018, 10:12:52 pm »
Milner has to play, been our best player this season in my view alongside Van Dijk. No international duty, not that that would have had any impact to his energy levels anyway

Milner probably has twice the energy levels of any of the others who will be playing tomorrow, he's a machine!

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #336 on: September 14, 2018, 11:24:42 pm »
Desperately trying to create a rivalry with us and other sides as if they're relevant. I don't care much for Spurs and their gang of good English lads. I hope we smash them to bits tomorrow.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #337 on: September 14, 2018, 11:27:32 pm »
A draw would be an alright result but we have to be looking to win, as we do every game to be honest. Vorm is a decent backup keeper but we have to test him if it's him playing. I don't know any of their other keepers so I presume their 3rd choice is a youngster who won't be starting.

Alli will be a loss too and hopefully Kane plays no part. Still without them it's a tough game at a place where we've had no fortune recently, a win would be massive at this stage of the season.

Thinking either 1-1 or 2-1 to the reds, here's hoping it's the latter, FUCKING INTO THESE REDS 
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #338 on: September 15, 2018, 01:12:31 am »
I’m relatively confident but it’s impossible to predict what happens. It already looks like Poch has laid in to them after the Watford result and you have to expect them to come out and put a performance on after that. Saying that, in the 1-4 last season our back 5 were — Mignolet, Moreno, Matip, Lovren and Gomez. Tomorrow will be a very different story and Gomez doesn’t play right back anymore like he did that day. Lovren and Matip as a pairing is not that great at all so it should be a lot closer in score.

Just have a feeling Salah is going to do something special. He’s often most dangerous when people start beginning to doubt him.
YWNA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #339 on: September 15, 2018, 01:50:28 am »
A scruffy 0-1 will do me. Anything more is a bonus I'd happily take, of course.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #340 on: September 15, 2018, 02:45:41 am »
Lets hope Wembley does not hold a diving contest tomorrow!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2018, 03:08:13 am »
I’m relatively confident but it’s impossible to predict what happens. It already looks like Poch has laid in to them after the Watford result and you have to expect them to come out and put a performance on after that. Saying that, in the 1-4 last season our back 5 were — Mignolet, Moreno, Matip, Lovren and Gomez. Tomorrow will be a very different story and Gomez doesn’t play right back anymore like he did that day. Lovren and Matip as a pairing is not that great at all so it should be a lot closer in score.

Just have a feeling Salah is going to do something special. He’s often most dangerous when people start beginning to doubt him.

An hat trick, hopefully!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #342 on: September 15, 2018, 03:11:34 am »
And to add, too much confidence from whom exactly? And how is that relevant to the players and what they do tomorrow? We can have 0 confidence in them and they could go out an win, and vice versa.

Not sure why people cling on this notion that how we feels as supporters has an impact on how the players view the game, especially away from home.

It will be a difficult match regardless of what we think on here. The most important thing is that the players are prepared for it, and I imagine they will be after the lesson they learned at the last encounter

Agree with that. Our players will perform as well as they had been prepared- not according to what we think.
It will be tough tomorrow(today), but I'm sure our lads will conduct themselves well enough.
I have my own opinion of Spurs this season and it's not as glowing as they're appear to be, but it will be tough nonetheless.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 03:52:48 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #343 on: September 15, 2018, 07:20:42 am »
"After we win at Old Trafford, we lost at Watford and we were bad," Pochettino said. "But after Manchester United, all the signals from the team were that we were going to crash."And of course, I am guilty because I saw that, but I cannot change that situation."

Just beaten united and thought they would crash and burn ?

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: September 15, 2018, 07:39:19 am »
"After we win at Old Trafford, we lost at Watford and we were bad," Pochettino said. "But after Manchester United, all the signals from the team were that we were going to crash."And of course, I am guilty because I saw that, but I cannot change that situation."

Good managers don’t get fooled by the shoreline. There were leading indicators that he noticed which perhaps suggested an attitude that was not right. He knows his team well enough to come to that conclusion

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #345 on: September 15, 2018, 07:42:04 am »

Small squad and no pre season.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: September 15, 2018, 07:59:16 am »
In fairness to Poch's comments, at Old Trafford they were perhaps fortunate to be level at the break. Spurs were rampant after going 1-0 up though and United fell to pieces.

They looked litter when under the cosh at Watford so hopefully we can get about them and be clinical with the chances that we will get. Hopefully our defence will now take care of the rest.

Online Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #347 on: September 15, 2018, 08:08:05 am »
Moura looks a completely different player this season and he’ll be the one causing us problems more than anyone else I feel.  He is very quick and direct and playing off the last man so we’ll have to watch him carefully.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: September 15, 2018, 08:20:30 am »
Lets hope Wembley does not hold a diving contest tomorrow!

Yep, currently the most loathsome team in the league. Hope we batter the twats.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #349 on: September 15, 2018, 08:39:03 am »
Small squad and no pre season.

Same size squad as last season , personally think it’s fatigue and there over rated ;)

Thought they were poor first half v united and united terrible second half

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: September 15, 2018, 08:42:28 am »
Moura looks a completely different player this season and he’ll be the one causing us problems more than anyone else I feel.  He is very quick and direct and playing off the last man so we’ll have to watch him carefully.

Indeed. It's a shame Fabinho isn't ready as he'd probably be ideal to sit in the space Moura occupies. Big job for Gini in there today

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #351 on: September 15, 2018, 09:27:34 am »
Indeed. It's a shame Fabinho isn't ready as he'd probably be ideal to sit in the space Moura occupies. Big job for Gini in there today

I have a feeling that Fabinho will start the match. Just a sneaky feeling.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #352 on: September 15, 2018, 10:25:02 am »

Makes little sense to put him in when he hasn’t played before
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: September 15, 2018, 10:27:45 am »
I'd be very surprised. Spurs away is not the sort of game you use to ease a new player into the league.

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #354 on: September 15, 2018, 10:37:51 am »

I'm pretty sure its the Keita - Gini - Milner combo. I think Fabhino will get minutes.

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: September 15, 2018, 10:45:57 am »
Can't wait for this. Clean sheet and a 2-0 win.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: September 15, 2018, 10:57:43 am »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: September 15, 2018, 11:00:03 am »

Impressive but let us down last season. Can’t wait for today. Hate early kick offs though 

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #358 on: September 15, 2018, 11:12:54 am »
Less than  90 to go, this morning has dragged on so badly, I woke at 8.30 and the match pinged into my head instantly.

Our 4/4 wins so far means this game is essentially a free hit, I expect us to hit them hard and fast right out of the blocks, Robbo, Keita and Mané to gut them down their right flank with all three getting a goal or assist in the first 45.

I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Offline pezzzer

• Kopite
  • Club first country second
« Reply #359 on: September 15, 2018, 11:16:39 am »
Any news on the line up a yet?
metallic on psn, cod4 buddies welcome