Poll

Which show did you prefer?

Breaking Bad
66 (56.4%)
Game of thrones
51 (43.6%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Voting closed: May 21, 2020, 02:22:25 am

Author Topic: Breaking Bad vs Game of thrones  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Breaking Bad vs Game of thrones
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2019, 06:00:07 pm »
Game of thrones was by far a bigger phenomenon. However, Breaking Bad was ten times better than that shower. Then again, I'm not a dragon-loving nonce.

:lmao
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2019, 06:01:45 pm »
Loved both, although Skylar White is one of the biggest c*nts in tv show history.

Yeah, she ruined many scenes and episodes. Looks like she could be Harry Kane’s mum too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2019, 07:21:58 pm »
Can't be arsed with Game of Thrones, don't like fantasy. It's all space aliens, Jupiter, laser guns and rocket men!!  ;D

Breaking Bad ftw

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2019, 03:57:48 pm »
so breaking bad is the winner then  :wave

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2019, 05:42:02 pm »
snip

You probably checked out at the worst time, dude. S3 onwards is magnificent. Worth a revisit for sure.

Decided to give BB another go. Getting towards end of series 2 now and its improved.  Its still over hyped, but its not bad.  Ill see it out til the end
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2019, 02:49:39 pm »
Sopranos is a far greater series than BB IMO. I have seen Sopranos 5 times through and currently on my 6th - never get bored, love lots of the characters and sometimes pick up on stuff I didn't before.

BB was a very good quality show, there's no doubt but I felt like the direction and how it looked sometimes put it at the top rather than the writing or characters at times. I wouldn't revisit it.

GOT is different all together as it's based on books for the majority but the first 4-5 series are as good as anything you'll see.

My list is probably:

1) Sopranos
2) Six Feet Under
3) GOT
4) BB

Couldn't get in to The Wire or Mad Men.

There's been other great shows I've watched but can't think of one that would break into my top 5 above others so I'll leave it there.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2019, 06:39:03 pm »
Got to be Breaking Bad. It might be in the top five series for me.

I can't even be arsed watching the last season of GOT. Enjoyed the first two or three seasons of GOT (I was inspired to read the first three books after loving the first season), before I realised I was watching it more out of having already invested time rather then any real attachment to the show. The storylines became increasingly rushed and the characters increasingly shallow and some of the actions increasingly nonsensical (even if the special effects and battles became bigger). Felt like all hype with not-so-much substance. I think there also came the realisation that it would be inevitably Hollywoodized as it diverged increasingly from the book material. I'm sure I will get around to watching the last season at some point though.

I will echo a few others here and say neither are the best show on telly (The Sopranos and the Wire top them for me - also love Band of Brothers although that is only one season).

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 06:41:51 pm by Indomitable_Carp »