Author Topic: The Golf Thread  (Read 303893 times)

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Golf Thread
« Reply #1440 on: October 11, 2020, 09:12:30 pm »
I like Hatton. He’s like me but with talent 😂
Always jabbering away at himself

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1441 on: October 13, 2020, 03:24:07 pm »
Well that's Christmas sorted in my house

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/living/equipment/lfc-golf-gear

Titleist and LFC - match made in heaven

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1442 on: October 13, 2020, 03:36:54 pm »
I like Hatton. He’s like me but with talent 😂
Always jabbering away at himself

He's a Red also who has helped with the Anne Williams golf day in recent years.

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1443 on: October 23, 2020, 02:30:54 am »
I see Rory is imploding on a Thursday now 😂

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #1444 on: October 23, 2020, 10:24:43 am »
Three titleast balls for £15 is not on my radar. Sadly. That's about my average balls per round lost.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1445 on: October 23, 2020, 10:26:20 am »
Three titleast balls for £15 is not on my radar. Sadly. That's about my average balls per round lost.

You a strictly 9 hole man like myself then?

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1446 on: November 1, 2020, 06:30:16 pm »
Not sure whether people have seen this, but it may be of interest?

RECEIVED FROM UK GOLF FEDERATION

To All Members

A petition has been started to exempt golf courses from the list of venues required to close due to Covid-19.

If you would like to sign it or forward it on to your members and visitors, please use this URL:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/309851

As this petition already has 100,000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in Parliament and we want to put as much pressure on government as possible with over 1 million signatures. Time is of the essence!

Uk GOLF FEDERATION

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1447 on: November 1, 2020, 07:07:39 pm »
Fwiw.. received an email contest to pick the winner and second place finisher for The Masters.

I went with Xander Schauffele. Second-- Patrick Reed.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1448 on: November 1, 2020, 08:26:58 pm »
Not sure whether people have seen this, but it may be of interest?

RECEIVED FROM UK GOLF FEDERATION

To All Members

A petition has been started to exempt golf courses from the list of venues required to close due to Covid-19.

If you would like to sign it or forward it on to your members and visitors, please use this URL:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/309851

As this petition already has 100,000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in Parliament and we want to put as much pressure on government as possible with over 1 million signatures. Time is of the essence!

Uk GOLF FEDERATION

Has over 238,000 signatures already.

Edit, the petition has gone past 240,000 signatures.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2020, 08:38:35 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1449 on: November 1, 2020, 09:39:39 pm »
Great to see Darren Clarke winning the seniors. Boy, he looked to have spent his entire lockdown at Weatherspoons.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1450 on: November 1, 2020, 10:29:23 pm »
Has over 238,000 signatures already.

Edit, the petition has gone past 240,000 signatures.

Really? 220k when I looked, its now surpassed 250k! Actually when I look around at the Covid measures being introduced, its probably one of the safest activities that you can do. Obviously the clubhouses are going to have to shut, but there's nothing to stop it being setup like it was just after lockdown as 2-balls and people were just going from the car park to the course. Tee times were spread out and people were asked not to mix with other groups, which you don't tend to do on the course anyway. At the end of the day, there was no point in mixing after the round if the bar was shut!
 ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1451 on: November 2, 2020, 12:37:54 pm »
Great to see Darren Clarke winning the seniors. Boy, he looked to have spent his entire lockdown at Weatherspoons.

Just watched him sink the winning putt and he was delighted. Def looks like he is on the DeChambeau fitness regime as svelte as a walrus lol. I say he had a few pints last night as well but no harm in losing a few pounds as he was breathing like he just finished a marathon when he did his interview.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1452 on: November 20, 2020, 12:14:56 pm »
Wow, six years since his last win on tour, it's wonderful to see Camillo Villegas back at the top of the leaderboard.

His 2 year old daughter died of cancer in July.  Looks like him and his missus are trying to put their life back together.  I can only begin to imagine what they went through.   A nice article on the PGA tour website.

https://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2020/11/19/the-healing-has-begun-camilo-villegas-maria-villegas-daughter-mia-memory-lives-on.html

Brilliant player who was touted to do great things that never truly materialized.  Still won 4 PGA events like and a couple of big ones in 2008.  He's 38 now but still time to make his mark again.

Great to see him back.  Hope he can carry this into the weekend and beyond.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1453 on: November 20, 2020, 12:37:25 pm »
Wow, six years since his last win on tour, it's wonderful to see Camillo Villegas back at the top of the leaderboard.

His 2 year old daughter died of cancer in July.  Looks like him and his missus are trying to put their life back together.  I can only begin to imagine what they went through.   A nice article on the PGA tour website.

https://www.pgatour.com/long-form/2020/11/19/the-healing-has-begun-camilo-villegas-maria-villegas-daughter-mia-memory-lives-on.html

Brilliant player who was touted to do great things that never truly materialized.  Still won 4 PGA events like and a couple of big ones in 2008.  He's 38 now but still time to make his mark again.

Great to see him back.  Hope he can carry this into the weekend and beyond.

Echo the sentiments Pete, great to see it. First really good South American golfer I can remember.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1454 on: November 20, 2020, 12:41:48 pm »
Echo the sentiments Pete, great to see it. First really good South American golfer I can remember.

Angel Cabrera is the one that comes to mind for me, but Villegas is a nice player. Think putting often let him down if I’m not wrong. Great to see him swinging it nicely again though, after what’s happened.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1455 on: November 20, 2020, 01:29:13 pm »
Angel Cabrera is the one that comes to mind for me, but Villegas is a nice player. Think putting often let him down if I’m not wrong. Great to see him swinging it nicely again though, after what’s happened.

Ah yes I knew I was forgetting someone. Cabrera, what a guy, still the only South American major champion.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1456 on: November 20, 2020, 02:32:52 pm »
Ah yes I knew I was forgetting someone. Cabrera, what a guy, still the only South American major champion.
Saw him played at the World Cup for his country. His drive was just a yard or 2 shorter than Tiger at the same competition. And this was when Tiger was in his early 20s and Cabrera wasn’t a household name yet.

I was remarking to the guy next to me, “this chubby player is long”!

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #1457 on: November 20, 2020, 07:46:19 pm »
Roberto DeVicenzo of Argentina won the '67 Open.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1458 on: November 21, 2020, 02:52:30 pm »
Cabrera's record is pretty insane

3 PGA tour wins.  2 of them Majors!!!

Wonder why we never saw him at Augusta last week?  He's been playing the seniors tour lately so he's still active.  Was in California end of September.  Maybe went back home and got stuck because of C19?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1459 on: November 21, 2020, 03:37:50 pm »
Saw him played at the World Cup for his country. His drive was just a yard or 2 shorter than Tiger at the same competition. And this was when Tiger was in his early 20s and Cabrera wasn’t a household name yet.

I was remarking to the guy next to me, “this chubby player is long”!

Hes had wrist surgery

https://www.golfwrx.com/640532/why-masters-legend-angel-cabrera-is-one-of-the-greatest-pressure-players-of-all-time-masters-witb-2009-2013/

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1461 on: December 6, 2020, 11:48:45 am »
Peter Alliss has passed away. Grew up with his voice on all golf i watched. Very sad. RiP

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1462 on: December 6, 2020, 12:08:24 pm »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1463 on: December 6, 2020, 12:11:11 pm »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #1464 on: December 6, 2020, 12:21:51 pm »
He was to golf what Murray walker was to F1. The voice of golf.when I was growing up. I won't forget his commentary of Jean Van de Velde when he imploded on I think the 18th at Carnoustie.

RIP
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1465 on: December 6, 2020, 12:33:28 pm »
Sad news.

Definitely a voice I grew up listening to as you say, much like Murray Walker, Peter O’Sullivan, Ray French and all the other Grandstand stalwarts!

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1466 on: December 6, 2020, 01:03:52 pm »
I’m paraphrasing a little but he once said on commentary

And here comes Corey Pavin strinding up the 18Th. Known as crazy to his friends

Another voice gone from my childhood

RIP
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1467 on: December 6, 2020, 02:04:35 pm »
Peter Alliss has passed away. Grew up with his voice on all golf i watched. Very sad. RiP
All these faces and voices that I grew up with are sadly no longer with us, he was to golf what Ted Lowe was to snooker, Murray Walker to motor racing, David Coleman to athletics, Dan Maskell tennis and although not a big horse racing fan, Peter O'Sullevan to that sport.

Peter Allis was not everyone's cup of tea but he had such a comforting voice, it was almost like he was sitting in the same room as you and he was speaking only to you.

Today's modern commentators simply don't have that ability.

RIP Peter, you will be missed
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #1468 on: December 6, 2020, 02:24:46 pm »
Absolute legend.  He was president of my golf club and always turned out for events and his annual President's Dinner where he awarded the trophies for the previous season.  He was a superb raconteur and was truly the voice of golf. RIP.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: December 6, 2020, 02:50:49 pm »
Sad news. Always brilliant and could make the most mundane of subjects sound interesting.
Head and shoulders the best commentator golf has ever had. Puts what we have in the US to shame

RIP

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: December 6, 2020, 04:21:25 pm »
RIP Peter

Loved his commentary when The Open rolled around.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1471 on: December 6, 2020, 04:31:05 pm »
Ah this explains why I couldn't find a thread...

I echo the sentiments here.

Such sad news :(

RIP
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #1472 on: December 6, 2020, 08:04:42 pm »
At least they wont be rolling him out for comms anymore.  Should've retired about 15 years ago.
Fucking bellend. Have some class.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1473 on: December 6, 2020, 08:15:56 pm »
Fucking bellend. Have some class.

Wasn't sure how to respond to the original quote but you've hit the nail on the head  ;)

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #1474 on: December 6, 2020, 08:19:47 pm »
Sad news. Always brilliant and could make the most mundane of subjects sound interesting.
Head and shoulders the best commentator golf has ever had. Puts what we have in the US to shame

RIP
Shame although I respectfully disagree with your last sentence.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1475 on: December 6, 2020, 09:48:18 pm »
Shame although I respectfully disagree with your last sentence.

You don’t want him to Rest In Peace?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1476 on: December 6, 2020, 11:06:38 pm »
Sad to hear and that he didn't get his planned retirement at the cancelled Open this year or next at St Andrews. Like Des Lynam, he had such a comforting natural ease at filling inevitable breaks in play with amusing quips, observations and stories, rather than just churn out boring meaningless stats like every other commentator other than Feherty.

Sure he wasn't of the PC generation, but I once heard a story about him at some USPGA/R&A (or possibly Ryder Cup?) meeting where the Americans were being petty or difficult over some minor agenda item and he sat quietly before standing up and to stunned silence snapped something along the lines of "the trouble with you Yanks is you've never had bombs dropped on your fucking houses. If you had, then maybe you'd behave differently".
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1477 on: December 7, 2020, 12:42:39 am »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1478 on: December 7, 2020, 11:43:19 pm »
All these faces and voices that I grew up with are sadly no longer with us, he was to golf what Ted Lowe was to snooker, Murray Walker to motor racing, David Coleman to athletics, Dan Maskell tennis and although not a big horse racing fan, Peter O'Sullevan to that sport.

Peter Allis was not everyone's cup of tea but he had such a comforting voice, it was almost like he was sitting in the same room as you and he was speaking only to you.

Today's modern commentators simply don't have that ability.

RIP Peter, you will be missed
excellent summary

Sad day
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1479 on: December 22, 2020, 12:14:02 am »
I little video with Bryson and long drive Champ Kyle Berkshire on how to increase club head speed.

Or, here's  how to carry 302 yards with an 8 iron... :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMj_nd8Ygec&t=4s
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 12:17:07 am by 4pool »