Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759368 times)

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #6680 on: October 30, 2018, 11:39:13 am »
It’s not near to breaking point and Mane is a great player. I wouldn’t swap him for anyone on the list above, but if he does end up forcing a move - and there are no signs of that - then there are some very good young players who could be special under Klopp in the Mane role in Dembele, Sancho and Bailey. Mane is a few years older than all of them, and is currently better and more consistent, but the others have every chance to be just as good, and for one or two, maybe even better.

I don’t see Pulisic in quite the same way. Good player, but I’m not sure there’s the same explosive upside as the others. If we signed Pulisic I could see him playing inside more than on the wing, though he could also cover on the wing, so a young versatile player might be attractive to Klopp, but I’m waiting to see Pulisic burst through, and so far it’s been more drip, drip, drip. He’s a good player, but I don’t see an irresistible case for signing him at the moment.

In a way, signing Shaqiri for only 13M covers what Pulisic can currently bring to the set up.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:41:51 am by G Richards »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6681 on: October 30, 2018, 11:48:49 am »
weird argument, how many years did Coutinho have left on his contract?

jesus bloody christ, how is the Coutinho situation applicable here?

Coutinho WANTED to leave. Until Mane expresses his desire to leave, and puts up a front like Coutinho did, WHY Would we sell him?

Can had a year left on his deal when we entered negotiations with him. We've entered negotiations with Mane with 3 years left on his contract, hence why I said the situation is not similar at all

Clearly if Mane expressed his desire to leave and asked for a transfer, I wouldn't be saying what I did. The fact of the matter is Mane is one of our best players in the side and has been since he's arrived at the club. Unless he starts playing poorly consistently and expresses his desire to leave, WHY WOULD WE SELL HIM WITH 3 years left on his deal? The bloke I quoted talked about how we should sell him if he doesn't show commitment.

Which is madness. He isn't asking to leave, he isn't doing anything that a rational person would conclude to sell him. It's not can, it's not Coutinho. One had one year left on his deal, the other wanted to leave. So neither apply

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:50:20 am by deFacto »

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6682 on: October 30, 2018, 11:54:22 am »
I'll start to get worried if he hasn't signed a new contract by Summer 2020. Until then, i'll enjoy one of the best wingers in the league and world.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6683 on: October 30, 2018, 12:01:16 pm »
The hysteria that a bit of controversy generates here is what I like about RAWK😀
Comedy gold- brings the forum to life💃

Good one  ;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6684 on: October 30, 2018, 02:43:06 pm »
Update by Pearce

Sadio Mane is under contract until 2021. Liverpool made it clear towards the end of last season that they would be willing to reward his progress with a new long-term deal and preliminary talks were opened.

Clearly, those discussions have yet to reach a conclusion but Liverpool don’t seem overly concerned about the situation. Mane is clearly happy at Anfield and the Reds have a good relationship with his agent Bjorn Bezemer.

With Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino having penned new long-term contracts this year, Mane is the next priority.

If the situation remains unresolved come next summer then a degree of concern would be understandable but I don’t see it as a big issue currently.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #6685 on: October 30, 2018, 03:35:15 pm »
there's no argument for a player's contract length for whether they stay or not

It does make a teeny bit of difference to how vital it is they sign a new one though, no?

Re: Pearce, is this a general concern out there or is he lurking in here?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:36:46 pm by Nessy76 »
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6686 on: October 30, 2018, 04:11:22 pm »
Some brilliant arguments here- well reasoned with lots of respect for different viewpoints. There is the odd one who may need anger management.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6687 on: October 30, 2018, 04:17:10 pm »
I’m 3 years time he’ll be near 30 and according to Everton that’s near useless, so why we fretting?

Offline Straw hat pirate

• Kemlynite
« Reply #6688 on: October 30, 2018, 04:49:59 pm »
Could be our top scorer this year easily

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #6689 on: October 30, 2018, 05:29:50 pm »
I’m 3 years time he’ll be near 30 and according to Everton that’s near useless, so why we fretting?

Are you?
Good point. Do we want to expand his contract far into his 30s if he's going to lose a bit of pace? I can't see him doing a John Barnes and converting to a holding role, although you never know.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6690 on: October 30, 2018, 05:35:50 pm »

haha

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #6691 on: November 3, 2018, 10:07:58 am »
I like how he's come back into form just in time for an opponent he seems to revel in demolishing.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6692 on: November 3, 2018, 07:36:27 pm »
Ran his socks off everywhere, tracked back won the ball created opportunities, was our best player imo.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6693 on: November 3, 2018, 07:51:15 pm »
Ran his socks off everywhere, tracked back won the ball created opportunities, was our best player imo.

almost almost made up the impossible amount of ground on the cross from Salah

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6694 on: November 3, 2018, 08:16:37 pm »
Guys a beast, constant threat and its a shame the ref didn't seem to want to give him anything every time he was body checked after knocking it past someone

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6695 on: November 3, 2018, 08:23:06 pm »
He worked so hard today, helped Robbo out massively. Him and VVD best performers for me.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6696 on: November 3, 2018, 08:49:39 pm »
Brilliant player, never stops and scores plenty, him and Van came out tops today..

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6697 on: November 3, 2018, 09:17:10 pm »
Great game from Sadio, shame he was robbed of a goal also.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #6698 on: November 3, 2018, 09:58:39 pm »
Guys a beast, constant threat and its a shame the ref didn't seem to want to give him anything every time he was body checked after knocking it past someone
Is right. Fucking disgrace the amount of times they pulled, pushed, generally thwarted him illegally.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6699 on: November 3, 2018, 11:30:44 pm »
Our best attacking threat today. Put in a shift and looked threatening

Offline rise of the rest

• Kemlynite
  • Straw hat pillock
« Reply #6700 on: November 4, 2018, 12:29:14 am »
I like how he's come back into form just in time for an opponent he seems to revel in demolishing.

Spoke to soon :)

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6701 on: November 4, 2018, 12:37:02 am »
I kind of think he's utilising his pace much better than Salah at the moment. The directness of his dribbling, even though it is quite kick and rush, is so effective.

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #6702 on: November 6, 2018, 07:55:41 pm »
If he doesn’t want to sign , get Saha. In fact get Saha anyway.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6703 on: November 6, 2018, 07:57:06 pm »
Atrocious tonight.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6704 on: November 6, 2018, 07:57:10 pm »
Wish he had played tonight.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6705 on: November 6, 2018, 07:58:25 pm »
He’s been average most of this season so far.

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6706 on: November 6, 2018, 07:58:32 pm »

I don’t think after tonight’s performance we could coax him out of retirement!

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6707 on: November 6, 2018, 07:58:57 pm »
:lmao

Was shit like the rest of them but He was the only one trying something, the others just passed to him hoping he did something. Better off keeping him on the left.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #6708 on: November 6, 2018, 08:02:53 pm »
He’s morphing into Dirk Kuyt . First touch is awful.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6709 on: November 6, 2018, 08:12:03 pm »
Wish he had played tonight.

Wish we had midfielders who could support the front three. Awful all round.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6710 on: November 6, 2018, 08:16:55 pm »
You'd think after the 2nd time he kicked the ball straight into the defender that he would realize you can't just play it through them, nope 10 times later he's still doing the same thing.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6711 on: November 6, 2018, 08:18:31 pm »
Wish we had midfielders who could support the front three. Awful all round.
Agreed but he slowed the game down again too much. Should piss pass the full back.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6712 on: November 6, 2018, 08:19:26 pm »
People are getting disappointed in him because they overestimated him in the first place. He was always capable of stupid things like today's passes straight at defenders. At any rate we are causing our forwards to get more and more frustrated by not giving them support in the form of midfielders who can control and kick a ball.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #6713 on: November 6, 2018, 08:24:50 pm »
He's decision making and first touch especially tonight are Sunday league standard at times  :butt
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #6714 on: November 6, 2018, 08:41:31 pm »
Had to laugh when he just turned and dribbled it straight over the sideline. Summed up our performance tonight.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6715 on: November 6, 2018, 08:47:15 pm »
People are getting disappointed in him because they overestimated him in the first place. He was always capable of stupid things like today's passes straight at defenders. At any rate we are causing our forwards to get more and more frustrated by not giving them support in the form of midfielders who can control and kick a ball.
I'm getting disappointed because he was shite.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6716 on: November 6, 2018, 09:24:41 pm »
If Keita still isn't ready then I would play Mane in the AOC role and play two strikers.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #6717 on: November 6, 2018, 10:10:33 pm »
Think he is like a pacier Suarez lite if that phrase makes sense, trying to pass through defenders or bouncing balls off them. Bound to be some disappointment on a day like today but one of the only two players today when they had the ball, had me hoping that they might still pull something off...the other one being Robertson

Offline toe punt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6718 on: November 6, 2018, 10:28:22 pm »
He's still by and large one of our most consistent players and one of our few goal threats at the moment. I thought he looked a threat in the first half on the left so a little odd to switch him to the right. When things aren't going for him his touch and technique do look poor.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6719 on: November 6, 2018, 10:36:04 pm »
Think he is like a pacier Suarez lite if that phrase makes sense, trying to pass through defenders or bouncing balls off them. Bound to be some disappointment on a day like today but one of the only two players today when they had the ball, had me hoping that they might still pull something off...the other one being Robertson

I think the only times Suarez was disappointing was when he was biting people  ;D

Mane had a bad game today, but he's still one of the first names on the team sheet and one of our biggest threats.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"