Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759568 times)

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #6800 on: November 19, 2018, 01:00:03 pm »
Yeah, needs to ‘man up’  :wave
Should get himself a real job too, down the mines or something.
Fuck yeah boys and then down ten cans after his stint down the pit, or maybe he could not make himself look like a right tit by throwing himself on the floor because he was booed  :wave

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #6801 on: November 19, 2018, 01:02:15 pm »
Yeah, needs to ‘man up’  :wave
Mane up
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #6802 on: November 19, 2018, 01:14:53 pm »
Fuck yeah boys and then down ten cans after his stint down the pit, or maybe he could not make himself look like a right tit by throwing himself on the floor because he was booed  :wave
Do list the number of events you represented your country at please mate. If as I expect none then you won't have an inkling of the pressure it takes to represent millions of people.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6803 on: November 19, 2018, 01:17:41 pm »
I got it on good authority that the ladies love a man that's in touch with his emotional side. Seeing him cry made me cry :)

Stupid of them to boo their best player, but that's the modern day game aint it, plenty of people with short memories. Keep ya head up, Sadio. 
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6804 on: November 19, 2018, 01:35:05 pm »
Do list the number of events you represented your country at please mate. If as I expect none then you won't have an inkling of the pressure it takes to represent millions of people.
Yep that`s correct, I don`t have an inkling but I have also seen plenty of other players booed by opposition fans and their own fans and guess what? They didn`t start wailing and throw themselves on the floor crying  ;D

Have you ever seen a player react like Sadio did to being booed?

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #6805 on: November 19, 2018, 01:48:06 pm »
Yep that`s correct, I don`t have an inkling but I have also seen plenty of other players booed by opposition fans and their own fans and guess what? They didn`t start wailing and throw themselves on the floor crying  ;D

Were you there and heard what they were saying about him? People lose their mind over this type of abuse. Mane could have jumped and kick one or two players like what Cantona or Evra did. Maybe he was trying to restrain himself from getting banned from football and that was the only way he could control himself? We are all human beings. Mane is one our bravest players, when we were losing in the final with Salah out. Didn't he man up?
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6806 on: November 19, 2018, 01:57:59 pm »
I don't know what happened with Senegal, but I do know that this lad is a top player and that his attitude in a red shirt has always been excellent.

His 'bad form' is more of a reflection of how terrifyingly good he is at his very best than it is a criticism. We are very luck to have him.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6807 on: November 19, 2018, 02:03:19 pm »

Come over and have a hug.
No time for caution.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #6808 on: November 19, 2018, 02:06:15 pm »

You don't get that whole pressure thing though. In Africa, it's much worse than here in Europe. Here in Europe you maybe start calling a player a nutcase when he gets sent off often, or a striker blind, or a goalie t-rex... In Africa, your family gets death threats when you miss a sitter. Paul Doyle wrote about it in the Guardian:

"African football tends not to be afflicted by hooliganism in the same way that Europe and South America are. Which is not to say that violence is much rarer. Far from it. It is just that it tends not to be instigated by organised groups who go to matches with the intention of causing trouble. Rather the violence tends to be spontaneous, erupting in response to perceived refereeing injustices or disappointing results. Senegal, for instance, had to play the home leg of their World Cup play-off against Ivory Coast at a neutral venue because of the rioting that broke out in Dakar when the same opponents beat them in the previous year's Africa Cup of Nations play-off.

There are exceptions. In Nigeria, for example, there are organised groups who seek to exert influence through violence and intimidation, in some cases with clubs' tacit support or blatant complicity. In this season's Premier League two clubs were ordered to play matches behind closed doors after fan violence, while the critical title decider between Kano Pillars and Enyimba had to be replayed after a pitch invasion by home fans. Kano and Enyimba both have sets of battle-ready supporters who congregate in a particular section of their stadiums (Kano's volatile fringe dub their chosen hangout in the stands "Iraq", while Enyimba fans call their equivalent spot "Colombia"). Since there tend not to be many travelling fans, the targets of violence tend to be opposition players or, most commonly, referees. The Nigerian Premier League has vowed to increase ground suspensions and club fines after referees threatened to go on strike in protest at their regular persecution.

Elsewhere, orchestrated violence at football has been rooted in political upheaval or social unrest, as in the infamous Port Said massacre of February 2012, when 79 people were killed. Then clashes between fans of Al-Masry and Al-Ahly were fuelled and facilitated by police and military, seemingly as retribution for the involvement of Al-Ahly fans in the Tahrir Square uprising the previous year. When 21 supporters were sentenced to death for their role in that disaster, riots broke out in protest at the severity of the punishment and the perceived scapegoating of fans while agents provocateurs in authority escaped.

Mauritius made a radical attempt to eradicate politically motivated football violence over a decade ago when regular fighting eventually led to catastrophe. A title-decider between the mostly Muslim-supported Scouts Club and a Creole club, Fire Brigade, degenerated into rioting that spread far beyond the stadium and lasted for a week, causing seven fatalities. The national league was suspended for over eight months and a huge restructuring was launched, with several clubs disbanded and none allowed to reform along ethnic or religious lines, only regional ones. The measure worked in the most important sense – it has prevented repeats of such violence at football. But the league has yet to recover as, with their traditional clubs gone, fans tend to restrict their supporting to watching European leagues on TV."

And there are numerous other examples, here from goal.com:

"Playing in an African national team comes with many headaches, despite all the sacrifices players make to be where they are. In Africa, fans force certain players to retire, especially from their national team, and they inevitably shift focus to club football in order to have some peace. The local supporters are overly critical of players and go to the extent of physical assault in some ridiculous cases.

"We don't retire early, but it is rather the people that force some of us to retire," former Ghana captain Appiah pointed out. Unsurprisingly, it is the same fans that will be calling for a player's return when things do not go well."
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6809 on: November 19, 2018, 03:34:30 pm »
Were you there and heard what they were saying about him? People lose their mind over this type of abuse. Mane could have jumped and kick one or two players like what Cantona or Evra did. Maybe he was trying to restrain himself from getting banned from football and that was the only way he could control himself? We are all human beings. Mane is one our bravest players, when we were losing in the final with Salah out. Didn't he man up?
No I wasn`t there, was you there? Lots of buts and maybes there mate, all we know at the moment is he was booed and he stated crying and fell to the floor. And as for the final, Mr. Sadio did "man up" because I saw it with my own eyes when I was in the ground watching the game.
Come over and have a hug.
Gizza a kiss  :-*
You don't get that whole pressure thing though. In Africa, it's much worse than here in Europe. Here in Europe you maybe start calling a player a nutcase when he gets sent off often, or a striker blind, or a goalie t-rex... In Africa, your family gets death threats when you miss a sitter. Paul Doyle wrote about it in the Guardian:

And there are numerous other examples, here from goal.com:

Yep some good info there mate and it is stuff I`m aware of, probably don`t fully understand but certainly aware of. The thing here with Sadio is though all we know is he was booed, we haven`t heard of any threats against him or his family, or campaigns against him certainly nothing sinister. He was booed in a game Senegal won.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6810 on: November 19, 2018, 03:51:00 pm »
What does it matter? He’s clearly an emotional guy, something has got to him which has pushed him to a certain point emotionally and he’s let it out.

It’s not really a big deal. It’s not something you may do, but not sure that makes it wrong to do.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6811 on: November 19, 2018, 04:10:52 pm »
Personally think this is one bad embarrassing episode for our Sadio.

It`s shitty behaviour from the fans but what is he doing wailing, sobbing and throwing himself on the floor for?

Grown man throwing himself on the floor because he was booed by some fans, needs to get a grip of himself  :o
probably due to trying so hard and then being given abuse. I can relate sometimes you get so angry tears start flowing.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6812 on: November 22, 2018, 06:48:08 pm »

Enough said.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6813 on: November 22, 2018, 06:56:53 pm »
Just wishing him all the best on his move to Real Madrid ain't he
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6814 on: November 22, 2018, 07:00:17 pm »
Hopefully we can tie him down with an improved contract but if he hasnt signed by the end of this season then he needs to be sold. I assume he has 2 and a half years remaining?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:02:30 pm by Machae »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6815 on: November 22, 2018, 07:05:26 pm »
Hopefully we can tie him down with an improved contract but if he hasnt signed by the end of this season then he needs to be sold. I assume he has 2 and a half years remaining?

He has 3 years left and he no he doesn't need to be sold if he doesn't sign it at the end of the season, thats lunacy.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6816 on: November 22, 2018, 07:06:04 pm »
Don’t we have him for 1.5 seasons before he enters the last year of his contract? Don’t worry til then - and we would still get a great fee if needed.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6817 on: November 22, 2018, 07:07:20 pm »
He has 3 years left and he no he doesn't need to be sold if he doesn't sign it at the end of the season, thats lunacy.

Technically 2.5 - this season is year 3 of the 5 year deal and it’s half over.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6819 on: November 22, 2018, 07:17:12 pm »

Not really lunacy, just planning. See Ramseys situation and Owens before him. We try and take advantage of Fekir and Pulisic, with 2 years remaining so its natural others would do the same. I don't want him gone and hope he stays but when it comes to 2 years, then our bargaining power starts to wane.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:23:36 pm by Machae »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #6820 on: November 22, 2018, 07:19:52 pm »
http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/3705772/sadio-manes-liverpool-contract-impasse-troubling-but-hes-not-irreplaceable

Didn’t realize this was in the news today

I'm sure he'll sign a new deal eventually, but if he doesn't he's not irreplaceable just like the article says. Klopp will plan for life without him and we'll move on.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6821 on: November 22, 2018, 07:34:41 pm »
http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/3705772/sadio-manes-liverpool-contract-impasse-troubling-but-hes-not-irreplaceable

Didn’t realize this was in the news today

It's ESPN. The same lot that had reported on all their outlets that we had sold Coutinho in the summer of 2017. Echo just two weeks ago reported that neither us or him and his agent are panicking.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6822 on: November 22, 2018, 07:37:23 pm »
Not really lunacy, just planning. See Ramseys situation and Owens before him. We try and take advantage of Fekir and Pulisic, with 2 years remaining so its natural others would do the same. I don't want him gone and hope he stays but when it comes to 2 years, then our bargaining power starts to wane.

We haven't done anything with Pulasic and it's not like he'd be cheap even if we did. Ramsey's contract offer was withdrawn. Ramsey is a free agent next summer. Mane isn't.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6823 on: November 22, 2018, 07:48:54 pm »
We haven't done anything with Pulasic and it's not like he'd be cheap even if we did. Ramsey's contract offer was withdrawn. Ramsey is a free agent next summer. Mane isn't.

We haven't but he's being touted as 'on the market' as he will have two years remaining. Ramseys was withdrawn as it was clear he wasn't going to sign and Arsenal got a bit arsey and withdrew their offer. Much like someone saying, that girls a slag after he's just been dumped. Anyway these were just two examples of many.

If he does have two years at the end of the season and he hasn't signed, then that may determine their thinking. Unless Klopp is happy to let him go on a free as he did with Lewandowski, due to the value of having him around.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:51:21 pm by Machae »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6824 on: November 22, 2018, 07:52:28 pm »

Enough said.

What? they're team mates in the three legged races?

Weirdo's

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6825 on: November 22, 2018, 07:56:32 pm »
Awww, he got a Kloppo hug, he will definitely sign now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6826 on: November 22, 2018, 09:01:09 pm »
Right. He's signed the contract. Can you all stop fucking whinging about it now?

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #6827 on: November 22, 2018, 09:01:56 pm »
OOOOOUUUUUSSSSSHHHHHH

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #6828 on: November 22, 2018, 09:02:28 pm »
Booooooooom!

Cheers
Jon

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6829 on: November 22, 2018, 09:03:33 pm »
awesome news!!!!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6830 on: November 22, 2018, 09:03:52 pm »
Right. He's signed the contract. Can you all stop fucking whinging about it now?

:wellin
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #6831 on: November 22, 2018, 09:08:47 pm »
Well in sadio

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #6832 on: November 22, 2018, 09:09:01 pm »
Good news. Hopefully the Senegal fiasco hasn't affected him too.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6833 on: November 22, 2018, 09:09:17 pm »
Good news.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6834 on: November 22, 2018, 09:09:42 pm »
Brilliant news to start this crucial period with!

Bobby, Mo and Mane all tied down for the next 5-6 years. Love it

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6835 on: November 22, 2018, 09:10:12 pm »
Get in!
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6836 on: November 22, 2018, 09:11:05 pm »
Great news!  :D

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6837 on: November 22, 2018, 09:12:55 pm »
Brilliant News.

It would cost an absolute fortune in this market to find a player with his combination of quality and desire.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6838 on: November 22, 2018, 09:13:03 pm »
The team is definitely trolling us! Waiting until late in the day for this news!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6839 on: November 22, 2018, 09:13:03 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family