Author Topic: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)  (Read 159896 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)
« Reply #1080 on: November 8, 2019, 09:37:55 am »
thats tough

was lucky with the sellers i had recently, they all paid immediately and no issues at all
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: January 23, 2020, 06:30:29 pm »
Quick question please.

Bought a camera on ebay, and bought the wrong model instead by accident. Completely my fault. Asked the seller if I could return and they said I could and gave me the address but not to open a return request.

Is there any reason why they've said that? If anything I would rather open a return request as it's all tracked on ebay? Just thought check before though.

Cheers
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1082 on: January 23, 2020, 06:35:44 pm »
Quick question please.

Bought a camera on ebay, and bought the wrong model instead by accident. Completely my fault. Asked the seller if I could return and they said I could and gave me the address but not to open a return request.

Is there any reason why they've said that? If anything I would rather open a return request as it's all tracked on ebay? Just thought check before though.

Cheers

Definitely open a request,it won't go down as a bad mark on them as you will put your reason,just covers you &b make sure that you give him the tracking number through ebay messages.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1083 on: January 23, 2020, 06:49:46 pm »
Yes, open a return as if you don't, he has the camera and your money. Tell him you will open a return and choose 'change of mind' so it doesn't affect his seller rating.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1084 on: January 23, 2020, 07:20:08 pm »
Yes, open a return as if you don't, he has the camera and your money. Tell him you will open a return and choose 'change of mind' so it doesn't affect his seller rating.

Thought it was a bit dodgy. I'll do that. Cheers.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1085 on: March 27, 2020, 07:06:47 pm »
Was hoping to see if anyone had a similar experience or could help me, so I had an iPhone for sale on EBay which sold today at around 12, I’ve then got it ready & took it to the local Post Office at around 4:30, marked as shipped & provided tracking details not long after. I then get a message from the buyer an hour later asking can they cancel the order.
The problem is that I can’t get the parcel back from the Post Office due to legal reasons as they’ve told me & the money that has been payed into my Paypal account is currently on hold.

Is there any chance that the buyer can cancel the payment & then will also receive the phone leaving me with nothing?

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1086 on: March 27, 2020, 07:20:09 pm »
Knowing PayPal and eBay it’s entirely possible. Still no idea why people risk using them with all the horror stories out there.

Just inform him it’s been shipped so too late. Upload the tracking details and provide them to PayPal if this is possible and hope for the best.

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1087 on: March 27, 2020, 07:48:35 pm »
Knowing PayPal and eBay it’s entirely possible. Still no idea why people risk using them with all the horror stories out there.

Just inform him it’s been shipped so too late. Upload the tracking details and provide them to PayPal if this is possible and hope for the best.
Only used eBay the past month or two for selling a few pairs of shoes so wasn’t really aware of some of the stories to be honest, anything that I’ve sold in the past there has been no problems.. just this one today.
Trying to contact eBay or Paypal seems to be a bollocks though!
Cheers for your help  :wave

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1088 on: March 27, 2020, 08:36:28 pm »
Was hoping to see if anyone had a similar experience or could help me, so I had an iPhone for sale on EBay which sold today at around 12, I’ve then got it ready & took it to the local Post Office at around 4:30, marked as shipped & provided tracking details not long after. I then get a message from the buyer an hour later asking can they cancel the order.
The problem is that I can’t get the parcel back from the Post Office due to legal reasons as they’ve told me & the money that has been payed into my Paypal account is currently on hold.

Is there any chance that the buyer can cancel the payment & then will also receive the phone leaving me with nothing?

Doubtful because you have provided the tracking number and it will be tracked all the way to their address & they will then have to provide a tracking number that does the same.

Just open a case with ebay explaining what has happened or better still come to an agreement with the buyer that you will accept the cancellation once it is returned without the package being opened.

You dropped a bollock sending it without making contact beforehand to be honest.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1089 on: March 27, 2020, 11:00:15 pm »

Asking for a cancellation usually isn't the worry. They have probably got buyers remorse and genuinely want to cancel. The easiest way to get scammed is if they claim the item wasn't as described and demand a refund and then send you something worthless that weighs the same back.

I had one of them had cctv of the postie delivering the parcel plus a video of me opening the parcel yet Paypal found in their favour.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1090 on: March 28, 2020, 10:54:40 am »
Doubtful because you have provided the tracking number and it will be tracked all the way to their address & they will then have to provide a tracking number that does the same.

Just open a case with ebay explaining what has happened or better still come to an agreement with the buyer that you will accept the cancellation once it is returned without the package being opened.

You dropped a bollock sending it without making contact beforehand to be honest.
I’ve contacted eBay though DM on Twitter & as long as the funds still show pending then they should clear a day after the buyer has received the phone.
The buyer though seems to not have the best English judging by their messages, but I’ve explained to them that I’ll refund them the cost of the item only as long as it hasn’t been opened & is sent back to me 1st Class Royal Mail Tracked Delivery & a tracking number is provided.

What do you mean about making contact beforehand? Would it be best to contact the buyer to confirm that they want to purchase any item before sending it to them?
Just for future reference  :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: March 28, 2020, 03:07:26 pm »
I’ve contacted eBay though DM on Twitter & as long as the funds still show pending then they should clear a day after the buyer has received the phone.
The buyer though seems to not have the best English judging by their messages, but I’ve explained to them that I’ll refund them the cost of the item only as long as it hasn’t been opened & is sent back to me 1st Class Royal Mail Tracked Delivery & a tracking number is provided.

What do you mean about making contact beforehand? Would it be best to contact the buyer to confirm that they want to purchase any item before sending it to them?
Just for future reference  :)

That's what I've always done for higher priced items,just a congratulatory message asking if they have any notes they want adding to the postage and saying that I will post once they reply.

Offline Carlos Eunuch Alberto

• Only gets a godd rub-down by paying for it - then posts about it on RAWK cos he has no mates to tell.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yeezy Taught Me!!
« Reply #1092 on: April 13, 2020, 01:20:03 pm »
http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/VIBES-Fashion-Outlet

have a look at my ebay shop guys,

got tons of new casual clothing, in mens womens and kids.

all new with tags and packaged

cheers.
Utd will win this no doubt about that,
I will happily cut my balls off and post them on here if they don't

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1093 on: May 3, 2020, 10:01:11 pm »
Sold a Nintendo Switch (with a couple of faults) last week. Buyer came in late on and added an extra £10 to give a decent price.

Was very pleased with the sale, but no contact from the buyer. 24 hours later the twat messages me saying his son accessed his account and bought it and that he wouldn't be paying. :no

Nothing I can do but relist it. Very frustrating!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: May 3, 2020, 10:12:06 pm »
Sold a Nintendo Switch (with a couple of faults) last week. Buyer came in late on and added an extra £10 to give a decent price.

Was very pleased with the sale, but no contact from the buyer. 24 hours later the twat messages me saying his son accessed his account and bought it and that he wouldn't be paying. :no

Sorry about that,the little bastard guessed my password,he also bought a penis pump and nipple clamps.

I let him keep those.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: May 3, 2020, 10:23:19 pm »

Can you send someone a second chance offer?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1096 on: May 3, 2020, 10:59:22 pm »
Sorry about that,the little bastard guessed my password,he also bought a penis pump and nipple clamps.

I let him keep those.

;D

Can you send someone a second chance offer?

Nah. It's sold again tonight for a bit less but it's fine.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1097 on: May 3, 2020, 11:38:34 pm »
Alex I'll give you 50 quid for it?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1098 on: May 12, 2020, 07:08:47 pm »
Thinking of listing my Samsung S9 but worried I'll just end up being scammed by some prick who says it never arrived etc.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1099 on: May 12, 2020, 07:50:24 pm »
Thinking of listing my Samsung S9 but worried I'll just end up being scammed by some prick who says it never arrived etc.

Royal Mail 1st class signed for guaranteed before 1pm delivery with £500 insurance is only £7.50

https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: May 12, 2020, 09:05:27 pm »

Royal Mail 1st class signed for guaranteed before 1pm delivery with £500 insurance is only £7.50

https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

Ta for that.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1101 on: May 12, 2020, 09:25:45 pm »
There are loads of scams beyond saying it didn’t arrive. Sometimes they’ll have a broken one and will say it arrived broken and try to claim from PayPal / eBay (who almost always side with the buyer).

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: May 12, 2020, 09:33:54 pm »
I assume you can still block the phone using the imei number so might be worth stating it can be blocked in description.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: May 12, 2020, 09:40:22 pm »
There are loads of scams beyond saying it didn’t arrive. Sometimes they’ll have a broken one and will say it arrived broken and try to claim from PayPal / eBay (who almost always side with the buyer).

Never had any problems myself but you can put a photo of the serial number in the listing.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1104 on: May 14, 2020, 10:52:47 pm »
Put my phone up for auction with a reserve but I am getting more interest via FB marketplace.

I looked at ending the ebay sale early as I think I'll make more for it elsewhere but it warns me they'll charge an early ending fee which I didn't realise!

My own fault for not being aware of that. It's only had 2 low bids and has 2 days left.

Does anyone know if it's possible to avoid being stung - could I say the item got damaged and isn't fit for sale now or something?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: May 14, 2020, 11:04:58 pm »
Put my phone up for auction with a reserve but I am getting more interest via FB marketplace.

I looked at ending the ebay sale early as I think I'll make more for it elsewhere but it warns me they'll charge an early ending fee which I didn't realise!

My own fault for not being aware of that. It's only had 2 low bids and has 2 days left.

Does anyone know if it's possible to avoid being stung - could I say the item got damaged and isn't fit for sale now or something?

Yeah you can say it's damaged or just no longer available but the fee is only a couple of quid isn't it,it's what they charge you for putting the reserve on it.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Scammed on ebay
« Reply #1106 on: May 18, 2020, 04:27:22 pm »
I ordered hair clippers on ebay almost two weeks ago. Item didn't arrive, so went on to ask seller what the fucking craic was, and noticed that his feedback rating had dropped like a rock. 40 negs in the past week and counting. So, I immediately realised I'd been scammed. When I go to click on the option to tell ebay that I hadn't received it, it comes back telling me that I've not paid for the item yet. I went into my online banking and looked, and sure enough, the money was taken out, with some hooky Chinese alias. Ebay is a load of bollocks when it comes to actually trying to contact them. I've no email I can see. No phone number, and like I say, I can't open an enquiry because I get to the same fucking screen telling me I need to pay. Pissed off to say the least. Some absolute scum taking advantage of people in times like this. c*nts deserve to have their bollocks tenderised by a meat hammer. :no

Long story short: is there anything I can do here, or am I fucked?

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Re: Scammed on ebay
« Reply #1107 on: May 18, 2020, 04:37:34 pm »
Did you pay via Paypal? Or credit card? Either should cover you if you did.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: May 18, 2020, 04:39:50 pm »
Did you pay using paypal? I have had this before and sent them proof of payment and then ebay opened up a request and I was refunded.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: May 18, 2020, 04:48:47 pm »
I paid through Visa Direct Debit. It just links directly into my bank. I've a Paypal, but I can't see an option on ebay to link it directly to that. I've just tried phoning them, and it's more automated roundabout bollocks telling me to use the help page on the website itself. :butt
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:50:38 pm by Macphisto80 »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: May 18, 2020, 04:49:22 pm »
Sorry doesn't help you but I wouldn't be going anywhere near any of these products that are in high demand just now due to Covid on Ebay. It is ripe for scammers.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1111 on: May 18, 2020, 05:06:28 pm »
I just offloaded some hair clippers on Ebay to some gullible knobend.

Sitting on a blow up duck in my pool drinking turps now

Winnah!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: May 18, 2020, 05:07:52 pm »
Should've gone with Amazon mate.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: May 18, 2020, 05:28:11 pm »
I paid through Visa Direct Debit. It just links directly into my bank. I've a Paypal, but I can't see an option on ebay to link it directly to that. I've just tried phoning them, and it's more automated roundabout bollocks telling me to use the help page on the website itself. :butt

You can pay via PayPal. It’s safer as you can easily recall a payment via their resolution centre.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: May 18, 2020, 05:31:07 pm »
You can contact your bank and flag it as a disputed transaction. They’ll do a charge back hopefully

Edit: yes, chargebacks apply to items not delivered.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: May 18, 2020, 05:37:53 pm »
You can contact your bank and flag it as a disputed transaction. They’ll do a charge back hopefully

Edit: yes, chargebacks apply to items not delivered.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Yep. Just got off the phone with the fraud line. Had to fill out a form and all that. On the Paypal thing, the only reason I haven't got it connected or linked yet is because I can't find the fucking option that allows me to do it. I used to, but I changed my PP account, and ebay is just a clusterfuck when it comes to its help and support.

Noticed Argos has an official account on there. I'll be using them. Everyone else selling clippers looks hooky as fuck.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: May 18, 2020, 05:41:00 pm »
I just offloaded some hair clippers on Ebay to some gullible knobend.

Sitting on a blow up duck in my pool drinking turps now

Winnah!
Your second name Li by any chance? :)

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1117 on: May 18, 2020, 06:00:05 pm »
That's ebay for you. Scammers paradise (including the business itself).

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1118 on: May 18, 2020, 06:36:19 pm »
Any purchases on Ebay I only use PayPal, I went to purchase an item last week & they only accepted direct debit..fucked them off pronto.
Good luck getting your dough back.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1119 on: May 18, 2020, 06:41:48 pm »
Try asking on the eBay discussion forum

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/13

They will probably know more than the eBay customer service on what to do.