Author Topic: Leicester City AKA The Plutocrats  (Read 257043 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Puel Sacked by Leicester City
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2019, 01:46:05 pm »
Rodgers would set his team up perfectly for City. Attempting to go toe-to-toe with them on the attacking front (to show the Brodge produces football equally as good as Guardiola) and walking away with a 6-0 spanking.

“With just a wee bit of luck we could’ve got something here today”

He's got experience of beating City and he won't be that stupid to go there and get slaughtered. He'll have watched what we did to them in the CL and at Anfield and how Leicester, Newcastle and Palace beat them this season.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2019, 01:54:48 pm »
That's three title winning British sides he'll have managed. Not a bad CV
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2019, 02:15:59 pm »
Interesting move for Brendan, taking the Leicester job now probably rules him out of the Chelsea job that will probably be available in the summer.

While you could argue BR is not the big name Chelsea fans would demand, I cannot see too many big name managers beating a path to Chelsea's door this summer.
Justice for the 96!

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2019, 02:23:28 pm »
Interesting move for Brendan, taking the Leicester job now probably rules him out of the Chelsea job that will probably be available in the summer.

While you could argue BR is not the big name Chelsea fans would demand, I cannot see too many big name managers beating a path to Chelsea's door this summer.

He would be stupid to join Chelsea. Leicester are not shy to spend money and they will back him in the transfer market. My only concern is, I don't know if he's capable enough in the transfer market. He's a very good coach, but not sure he can spot a player. Having said that, I haven't followed what he's done with Celtic, so maybe he's improved on that aspect.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2019, 02:30:40 pm »
He would be stupid to join Chelsea. Leicester are not shy to spend money and they will back him in the transfer market. My only concern is, I don't know if he's capable enough in the transfer market. He's a very good coach, but not sure he can spot a player. Having said that, I haven't followed what he's done with Celtic, so maybe he's improved on that aspect.

Eduardo Macia is Leicester's head of recuritment apparently, but no idea how they work in terms of sporting director etc. The idea of a manager taking charge of transfers just isnt the way bigger clubs work these days. You'd hope/think Rodgers learnt from his failings at Liverpool with transfers and the mess that was the transfer committee, that taking a step back and working properly with a sporting director is maybe a good way to go about things!   

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2019, 02:30:46 pm »
Klopp on Rodgers' return to the PL: "As long as he's not going to Everton I'm fine because then he might want his house back!"

:lmao

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2019, 02:33:09 pm »
Be very good to see him back in England, hope he does well at Leicester. You'd expect he'll get them picking up more points against the weaker teams, especially at home, which is where Puel has struggled recently.

Strange he's leaving now though, I'd have thought he'd want to see the season through, with him being a Celtic fan. Leicester must have told him it's now or never.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2019, 02:35:23 pm »
If Rodgers returns, that's 3 former LFC managers in the league at the same time. Is that a record? Must be.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2019, 02:42:35 pm »
Yeah I´d rather have Puel in charge than Rodgers against City. He barely won any big games with us with the exception of that mental season.

That wouldn't be the choice now though, it'd be Rodgers or Shakespeare I assume. Puel is gone whatever.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2019, 02:48:51 pm »
He would be stupid to join Chelsea.

I agree, but he made is name ae a coach at Chelsea so it may appeal to him. Certainly guidance in the tranfer market would be needed though, otherwise Mario Balotelli may be looking for a mansion in the East Midlands soon.
Justice for the 96!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2019, 02:50:49 pm »
I agree, but he made is name ae a coach at Chelsea so it may appeal to him. Certainly guidance in the tranfer market would be needed though, otherwise Mario Balotelli may be looking for a mansion in the East Midlands soon.

Rodgers didn't pick Balotelli though. He was left with hobsons choice of him or no striker
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2019, 02:57:26 pm »

I thought you'd got your geography all wrong there and thought Chelsea was in the east Midlands!

Balotelli and Vardy together, that'd be an interesting dynamic  ;D

One of the things Rodgers will have to sort is this situation at Leicester where it looks like a few players with big egos seem to have far too much influence and seem to rule the roost. Needs to nip that in the bud. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of these players look for new clubs in the summer.

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2019, 02:58:01 pm »
Great move for both parties.

Despite the twattishness of England's heroic blockhead, I dont mind Leicester as a club and it's brilliant to see BR back in the Premier League. They've got a good young squad and some quality players, think he'll do very well and the best of luck to him - except against us!

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2019, 03:17:12 pm »
Bad timing mid season and to Leicester shite little englanders as fans he’ll be sacked within 3 years because of their unrealistic expectations.

Offline MrGrumpy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2019, 03:20:35 pm »
Rodgers didn't pick Balotelli though. He was left with hobsons choice of him or no striker

No striker, see Klopps chase of Chilwell.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2019, 03:25:42 pm »
Best of luck Brendy la (except against the Reds of course).

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2019, 03:54:47 pm »
Excellent career choice too.

Leicester is a stable PL club and have some very good players and the aim from the board will be 7th so he hasn't got uber pressure like he had with us. Similar to Swansea albeit on a higher level as Leicester will have expectations of Europa league spots each season.

Also no reason they can't challenge in the cups either.

I see Brendan getting a good 2 full seasons there and then going on to one of the London clubs in the top 6. He'll want to dine at the top table again and a few good years with Leicester will help him with that if he fulfils the targets of Europa league and challenging in the cups at Leicester.

If he does then I expect one of the London clubs to be interested in a couple of years.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2019, 04:09:21 pm »
Bad timing mid season and to Leicester shite little englanders as fans he’ll be sacked within 3 years because of their unrealistic expectations.

Are they that unrealistic though? I don't think any of their fans expect to be competing with the top six. I think what they want is to be seen as "the best of the rest" or come somewhere pretty close to it. And given the players they have and the money they've spent over the last couple of windows, that seems entirely realistic to me. We'll see what Rodgers can do.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2019, 04:10:03 pm »
That's three title winning British sides he'll have managed. Not a bad CV

?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2019, 04:12:01 pm »
Seems like Puel is his own worst enemy in that it's now two clubs that have found him so dull and uninspiring that the fan bases wanted him sacked.  He seems a good manager on the whole but from Huth's interview it sounds like the players on the find him terrible to play for as well.

As far as Leicester, personally I think they've done an amazing job in turning over the title winning squad into something that could possibly even be better though with little chance of winning the title. With that said if they find a replacement for Vardy and an upgrade an Gray either internally or through transfers I think they could challenge for a top 6 spot as you could argue they're pretty strong at every position.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2019, 04:12:57 pm »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2019, 04:15:52 pm »
???

What bit are you having difficulty with?

Ah I think I've maybe just understood it.

Your saying he will have managed 3 teams that have won league titles. Which is very different from being the manager that won the titles with those clubs, as far as I'm aware he has only won a title with Celtic.

???
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2019, 04:17:18 pm »
Jürgen Klopp on Rodgers' return to the PL: "As long as he's not going to Everton I'm fine because then he might want his house back!"

;D

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2019, 04:37:26 pm »
Ah I think I've maybe just understood it.

Your saying he will have managed 3 teams that have won league titles.
Yes that's correct. I see now that I wasn't totally clear.

My point was that while many managers never manage a side which has at any point won a title, or has only won them before modern times, Rodgers will have managed three such sides, and all of them winning titles in relatively recent times, albeit only winning the title himself with one of them. It's still an elevated CV compared to many others

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
Re: Leicester City
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2019, 04:52:42 pm »
Good move for Brendan imo.

Leicester have a really exciting young squad, and he will get them playing fast attacking football at the very least.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2019, 04:53:22 pm »
At least it will be another manager in the league trying to play some attractive football.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2019, 04:57:07 pm »
Yes that's correct. I see now that I wasn't totally clear.

My point was that while many managers never manage a side which has at any point won a title, or has only won them before modern times, Rodgers will have managed three such sides, and all of them winning titles in relatively recent times, albeit only winning the title himself with one of them. It's still an elevated CV compared to many others

Sam Allardyce has managed 3 sides that have won titles, so has Roy Hodgson.

It means nothing.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2019, 05:00:05 pm »
Excellent career choice too.

Leicester is a stable PL club and have some very good players and the aim from the board will be 7th so he hasn't got uber pressure like he had with us. Similar to Swansea albeit on a higher level as Leicester will have expectations of Europa league spots each season.

Also no reason they can't challenge in the cups either.

I see Brendan getting a good 2 full seasons there and then going on to one of the London clubs in the top 6. He'll want to dine at the top table again and a few good years with Leicester will help him with that if he fulfils the targets of Europa league and challenging in the cups at Leicester.

If he does then I expect one of the London clubs to be interested in a couple of years.
I agree with all of this.

It was horrible that their owner died. Hopefully his son is going to be as responsible of an owner. If so it's a good club for a competent person to manage.

If Rodgers does well, which I expect he will, it will lock in another club finishing higher each year than Everton. :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2019, 05:03:22 pm »

Has Brendan phoned you yet PoP?  Can't wait to sing your song again once a season!

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2019, 05:08:02 pm »

It means nothing.

May need to add in living memory specifier!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2019, 05:09:31 pm »
Has Brendan phoned you yet PoP?  Can't wait to sing your song again once a season!

Prick still has the key to my special Speedos ottoman. I'll never forgive him. One of them is gold lamé
Better looking than Samie.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2019, 05:13:50 pm »
May need to add in living memory specifier!

In both cases two of them satisfy that.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2019, 05:16:48 pm »

It means nothing.
OK this is getting silly. I have not attributed any meaning, I was merely being congenially positive about a former manager of ours. Looking for any other meaning or construction is really not worth the effort.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2019, 05:18:17 pm »

It means nothing.

He is the only England Manager with a 100% record
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2019, 05:19:16 pm »
Guardian saying its official within 24 hours.

Didn't waste time did he..

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2019, 05:29:48 pm »
Yeah I´d rather have Puel in charge than Rodgers against City. He barely won any big games with us with the exception of that mental season.

Swansea would be the more appropriate comparison and I remember him doing well against the top 6 with them I'm sure. Of course there's a strong chance they will get fucked but from what I remember they played quite defensively in the good results they had, they just did it by keeping the ball.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2019, 05:42:01 pm »
Prick still has the key to my special Speedos ottoman. I'll never forgive him. One of them is gold lamé
Steady!
Brendan has said you don't have the required character to wear those Speedos. :banned
― Christine Szymanski

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2019, 05:59:08 pm »
With 11 games to go he isn't going to try to drastically change the way Leicester play, plus he'll have Vardy starting every game, so the goal threat will be there too. When they face City,he knows that they showed against us how hard they are able to work, so he'll be expecting a similar performance.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2019, 06:02:03 pm »
Celtic fans not happy with him, looks like he’s totally trashed his legacy there by leaving in this manner

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2019, 06:06:32 pm »
Don't think you can blame him really, they probably have the league sewn up and this is a good chance for him to take a good club in this league. It's a chance that mightn't come around for another while.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.