Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 193394 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: The trouble with Jordan Pickford
« Reply #840 on: April 4, 2019, 12:46:04 am »

Just seen a video on youtube (been deleted) that shows when he was getting dragged off he was shouting ''She's not fucking fat,she big boned''

Trouble with Jordan, not unlike Phil Jones, is that he is a gift that just keeps on giving, he's just that sort of bloke.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Jordan Pickford appreciation thread
« Reply #841 on: April 4, 2019, 03:22:14 pm »
Having a argument with a blue at work who thinks Pickford is the dogs bollocks. And better than Allison. And the only reason Allison has conceded less is because he's behind a better defence.

Could some kind person help me out and put some stats on here comparing not just Pickford and Allison, but how Pickford compares to the rest of the keepers in the league as well.

Here's my attempt at analysing Goalkeepers, it's a work in progress and something that admittedly I left to gather dust but I updated the data this afternoon so it covers all games up till yesterday. Not sure it helps prove your point definitively , I guess it depends on how you interpret it.

It might also be worth trying to explain the concept here although, admittedly there's still a few things to iron out:

Basically I gather all shots on goal and strip away anything that isn't on target, I also strip away Penalties as these are high xG events that should be analysed independently.  I am then left with Shots Saved & Goals. These are therefore situations that are entirely in the gk's remit and because we are using xG it helps quantify difficulty of shots (a lot better than simply analysing shots on target but still with its own pitfalls).

I then subtract one from the other to give me a net balance. If it's positive then it suggests that a goalkeeper is saving more than he is letting in based on the balance of probabilities. 

Taken in context and looking at the overall Total in isolation to the right. The numbers suggest that Pickford is doing badly, however I'm also able to break this down by situation, and we can see that in open play Pickford just edges Allison (the difference is just 0.05) , however that could easily change in the course of the next game. So overall the stats doesn't seem to suggest that there is much of a difference between them in open play situations.

However it clearly shows how Pickford is let down in corners and whether that's down to Everton's defence or his small arms is hard to tell.

What's interesting to note is how Allison is the only gk with no negative net balance in any situation. It also looks like he has had no set pieces on the data but if I drill down to a match aggregation level it clearly shows how it's simply a case of the net balance equalling 0.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: April 4, 2019, 09:07:29 pm »
Having a argument with a blue at work who thinks Pickford is the dogs bollocks. And better than Allison. And the only reason Allison has conceded less is because he's behind a better defence.

Could some kind person help me out and put some stats on here comparing not just Pickford and Allison, but how Pickford compares to the rest of the keepers in the league as well.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/player-comparison

Allisson has an almost 80% pass completion rate, Prickford less than 55%
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: April 4, 2019, 09:39:35 pm »
He's a fuckin divvy that lad.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: April 5, 2019, 01:13:16 am »
Stats? Please.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: April 5, 2019, 01:22:29 am »

He hates Divvy.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #846 on: April 6, 2019, 05:10:27 pm »
Here's my attempt at analysing Goalkeepers, it's a work in progress and something that admittedly I left to gather dust but I updated the data this afternoon so it covers all games up till yesterday. Not sure it helps prove your point definitively , I guess it depends on how you interpret it.

It might also be worth trying to explain the concept here although, admittedly there's still a few things to iron out:

Basically I gather all shots on goal and strip away anything that isn't on target, I also strip away Penalties as these are high xG events that should be analysed independently.  I am then left with Shots Saved & Goals. These are therefore situations that are entirely in the gk's remit and because we are using xG it helps quantify difficulty of shots (a lot better than simply analysing shots on target but still with its own pitfalls).

I then subtract one from the other to give me a net balance. If it's positive then it suggests that a goalkeeper is saving more than he is letting in based on the balance of probabilities. 

Taken in context and looking at the overall Total in isolation to the right. The numbers suggest that Pickford is doing badly, however I'm also able to break this down by situation, and we can see that in open play Pickford just edges Allison (the difference is just 0.05) , however that could easily change in the course of the next game. So overall the stats doesn't seem to suggest that there is much of a difference between them in open play situations.

However it clearly shows how Pickford is let down in corners and whether that's down to Everton's defence or his small arms is hard to tell.

What's interesting to note is how Allison is the only gk with no negative net balance in any situation. It also looks like he has had no set pieces on the data but if I drill down to a match aggregation level it clearly shows how it's simply a case of the net balance equalling 0.

Top work mate. Just to add to this:-

Errors leading to goal
Pickford 4
Alisson 3

Alisson's mistakes were all highlighted and punished. But the mistakes that cost teams goals all have the same value - a goal. There is no 'worse' really. If anything, I worry about mistakes relating to poor technique or some limitation as they are likely going to occur consistently throughout your career in those situations. Random brain farts happen to all players though.

Pickford makes more mistakes than Alisson, has more limitations to his game and doesn't really show as excelling in any particular area more so than Alisson. He has a clearly identified weakness dealing with crosses - and dropped 10 last season which was more than double any other EPL keeper. He also seems to struggle with hard shots from outside the box. His distribution is more highlight reel good than actually effective. He gives it away a lot in his own half and will put the ball into touch twice for every sidewinder kick he manages to pick someone out.

He is a keeper that will look world class in patches, but, when stretched out over a period of time, the limitations in his game will shine through and can't be ignored.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: April 6, 2019, 11:05:28 pm »
Stats? Please.

Don't need stats mate. I bumped into him today. He still seemed angry about something/everything.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #848 on: April 17, 2019, 10:30:02 pm »
Casillas was channeling Pickers on Bobby's goal, with the vertical dive.

Thanks, Jordan!

Offline vorsprungtorbenpieknik

• Anny Roader
« Reply #849 on: July 1, 2019, 11:59:57 am »
Wasn't there a cool picture of Pickford's Derby cock up mocked up with a Nike swoosh? Sort of minimally done?

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #850 on: July 1, 2019, 12:25:07 pm »
Wasn't there a cool picture of Pickford's Derby cock up mocked up with a Nike swoosh? Sort of minimally done?
There's one of Jordans logo:

Image result for pickford origi nike tick meme
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #851 on: July 1, 2019, 12:52:01 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #852 on: July 1, 2019, 12:53:04 pm »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: July 1, 2019, 05:03:21 pm »
Fake that, he's caught it

They say the camera never lies, but it does. Immediately after getting the ball, he threw it against the bar and it rebounded for Divock to knock it in.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #854 on: July 1, 2019, 08:18:57 pm »
I think we need to see it again to decide.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: July 1, 2019, 08:25:37 pm »
I think we need to see it again to decide.

This?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: July 1, 2019, 08:32:44 pm »
Never gets old that :D Love that he's trying to be a big hero and catch it. Cheers for the 3 points :wave

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: July 1, 2019, 08:38:59 pm »
Never gets old that :D Love that he's trying to be a big hero and catch it. Cheers for the 3 points :wave

;D

Love that they claim to have cost us the league due to the draw. That idiot gifted us two extra points which took the chase to the final day.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #858 on: July 1, 2019, 08:45:45 pm »
;D

Love that they claim to have cost us the league due to the draw. That idiot gifted us two extra points which took the chase to the final day.

Ang got Divock in that goal scoring groove which ultimately led to us winning the Trans European Rumbelows Cup.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #859 on: July 1, 2019, 09:11:52 pm »
Even as a kid I knew a Divlodocus > T-Rex
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: July 1, 2019, 09:35:06 pm »
This?

Mesmerising.  It was honestly going out if he'd just left it alone. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: July 1, 2019, 11:00:38 pm »

Yeah, clearly bouncing behind. Everyone knew it except him.

I love the gesturing at the end, too.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #862 on: July 2, 2019, 06:52:13 am »
Amazing. The moment Origi realised the ball might fall back inside is the exact moment when Zouma realises the same.

On a side note, its funny how Digne thinks it might be offside.  :lmao :lmao

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: July 2, 2019, 08:24:39 am »
Yeah, clearly bouncing behind. Everyone knew it except him.

I love the gesturing at the end, too.

Whole defence is standing around like lazy pillocks, thinking the game is done.  But that's 100% Pickford's fault, despite the way he looks at them.  ;D

Amazing. The moment Origi realised the ball might fall back inside is the exact moment when Zouma realises the same.

On a side note, its funny how Digne thinks it might be offside.  :lmao :lmao

You mean the one Everton  player who doesn't even try to break out of walking pace? Just sticks his hand up like a lazy arse. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: July 2, 2019, 08:52:47 am »
You mean the one Everton  player who doesn't even try to break out of walking pace? Just sticks his hand up like a lazy arse. ;D

Excuse me but that’s the greatest left back since Paulo Maldini....how dare you besmirch his good name :no. There’s a special place in hell for heathens like you...

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: July 2, 2019, 09:10:01 am »

The effort needed to keep it in is immense.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #866 on: July 2, 2019, 09:15:51 am »

Especially with them arms ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: July 2, 2019, 10:28:08 am »
Excuse me but that’s the greatest left back since Paulo Maldini....how dare you besmirch his good name :no. There’s a special place in hell for heathens like you...

Indeed yes. Everton love Maldini so much they built a statue of him.

And put it on the pitch.

Popcorn's Art

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #868 on: July 2, 2019, 12:52:26 pm »

His thought process (limited as it probably is) was no doubt "If I just catch this they won't be able to make jokes about my short arms any more"

Oops ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline blert596

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: September 13, 2019, 02:24:25 pm »

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: September 28, 2019, 07:37:39 pm »
Keep it going fella. You’ll have them bottom of the league in no time.  :thumbup

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: September 28, 2019, 07:44:26 pm »
He’s genuinely shit

Just watching his reaction to that air kick again, and I’ve realised who he reminds me of. He’s David James.

Ok, James actually had incredible talent when he was bothered, and was taller than your average 12 yr old but it’s the same with the reactions when they fuck up. Just a bit of a laugh, “oh well, what you gonna do” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 08:01:12 pm by Uncle Ronnie »

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #872 on: September 28, 2019, 07:56:53 pm »
Gary Neville ripped into him on a stream i was watching,and was totally correct in doing so. The fewm will be great now,love it.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: September 28, 2019, 07:57:31 pm »
It's mad that he actually has loads of confidence in himself, despite being absolute dog shit.

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
« Reply #874 on: September 28, 2019, 08:13:52 pm »
Has to be dropped by Southgate for the internationals next week.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #875 on: September 28, 2019, 08:39:25 pm »
That was all short arms all the time, today.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: September 28, 2019, 09:43:23 pm »
We all realize how shit he is, and I think even Southgate must be thinking of dropping him, but who the fuck do you replace him with.

If there was an obvious candidate it would be easy.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: September 28, 2019, 09:49:05 pm »
Thanks for nothing, Rex. Go back trying to beat Zurg  >:(

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: September 28, 2019, 10:02:05 pm »
We all realize how shit he is, and I think even Southgate must be thinking of dropping him, but who the fuck do you replace him with.

If there was an obvious candidate it would be easy.
I hope he stays as England goalkeeper.  I'm less and less bothered about how England do so having that overrated liability in goal makes no odds to me.

There's also the age old tradition of England national goalkeepers eventually becoming quivering wrecks.  I had some sympathy for James, Robinson, Green, Carson and Hart but Pickford - even ignoring he's Everton's goalkeeper - is a knob.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: September 28, 2019, 10:07:12 pm »
He done a good kick
bollocks