Author Topic: Slow down.  (Read 2269 times)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
Slow down.
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:20:55 pm »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Slow down.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:37:53 pm »
You move too fast ... ya got to make the good times last.....  feeling groovy ..

;D
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:12:18 pm »
Hopefully all the £60 fines they authorise today might go towards repairing the potholes , its only a matter of time before someone swerves one and hits another car that causes a death to a pedestrian .

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 11:19:31 am »
New rules out today which mean you can be fined up to 175% of your weekly earnings.
Upping the points dished out would have more of an effect for me..but that raises fuckall for the coffers.  ::)
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 01:06:57 pm »
It's not fuckin rocket science.....don't go over the limit.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 01:08:40 pm »
Why make vehicles that can break a speed limit? My last motorbike did 106mph in first gear ffs.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 01:26:30 pm »
Its nothing more than a way to raise more money. If it was about road safety, then money would be spent putting patrol cars on the road and in the most high risk areas. The way the school runners drive, especially around infant and junior schools is far more dangerous than someone doing 101mph on an empty motorway.

I know, as a motorcyclist, if I die on the bike, it will most likely be by a car turning right across my path/crossing my path pulling out of a junction. This is nothing to do with speed and more to do with rubbish driving standards. On my 5 mile commute, the most dangerous part is the final 300 yds
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 02:57:34 pm »
It's not fuckin rocket science.....don't go over the limit.

Your right it's not but there are plenty of anomalies in it too , parts of queens drive are 40 some are 30 , some roads are 30 and should be  more , 30 is too slow on certain roads and them roads are the ones that get targeted , not for safety reasons just for revenue raising purposes .

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 03:09:43 pm »
Your right it's not but there are plenty of anomalies in it too , parts of queens drive are 40 some are 30 , some roads are 30 and should be  more , 30 is too slow on certain roads and them roads are the ones that get targeted , not for safety reasons just for revenue raising purposes .
On roads I use regularly I see nearly every driver over the speed limit. 99.9% of the cars I've seen...I know this as there's speed indicators on those roads...just last week some soft c*nt was doing 57 mph on a 30 mph road. It's not going to cost anyone a penny if they adhere to the law...not guidelines, the law.

Some soft c*nts can't even stick to speed limit outside schools...on tight single track roads. I've no sympathy at all.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 03:26:44 pm »
Your right , but you'll never see a speed camera outside a school you'll only see them on roads where it's easy to catch a motorist ...they'll be generally long dual carraigeways were the you've come from one 40mph to 30 mph dual carriageway and you sub consciously don't drive with the same due care and attention. ...my point is thats to raise revenue not a safety aspect . Youll never see a camera in a side street or by a school or a busy single carriageway road which are were the speed limit needs adhering too more so than the targeted ones .

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 03:57:23 pm »
Your right , but you'll never see a speed camera outside a school you'll only see them on roads where it's easy to catch a motorist ...they'll be generally long dual carraigeways were the you've come from one 40mph to 30 mph dual carriageway and you sub consciously don't drive with the same due care and attention. ...my point is thats to raise revenue not a safety aspect . Youll never see a camera in a side street or by a school or a busy single carriageway road which are were the speed limit needs adhering too more so than the targeted ones .

That's my biggest bugbear with the cameras, they're not there for safety reasons, they are solely for revenue raising. The GMP mobile one that comes near ours sits on roads where it will raise the most money, but they are not the most dangerous roads, in fact the biggest danger is 300yds from where they park round ours, this is the M60 junction where, at every change, at least one car will go through a red light. And don't get me started on handheld mobile phone usage  :no
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 08:30:00 am »
Worst target in the whole of Liverpool is when they put the van on Scotty Rd heading towards town at the tunnel exit. No way should that stretch of road still be 30mph and it's put there because they know everyone speeds up after they pass the camera further down the road that goes over the pedestrian crossing. Pure money making scheme and nothing to do with safety.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 09:50:32 pm »
A police car pulled me over as I entered the tunnel from Scotland road coming from bootle , a car was in front doing under 30 with a police car just ahead , as I come around the bend I pull into the outside lane because 30 yards in front I can see the 40 mph sign literally overtook the police car at 35 mph about five yards from the sign , pulls me over and says I was going over 30 in a 30 zone . I in nice way told him he was a jobs worth and I thought you could speed up to overtake someone .

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 09:51:33 pm »
Worst target in the whole of Liverpool is when they put the van on Scotty Rd heading towards town at the tunnel exit. No way should that stretch of road still be 30mph and it's put there because they know everyone speeds up after they pass the camera further down the road that goes over the pedestrian crossing. Pure money making scheme and nothing to do with safety.

Who actually decides speeds of roads , I think it's so inconsistent

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 02:59:08 pm »
Why make vehicles that can break a speed limit?
Quite simply, because there are far more enlightened countries than the UK where the speed limits are higher than ours.
Exceeding speed limits in the UK is not compulsory, you can choose not to.

Likewise, you can slit someone's throat with a bread knife or you can just use it to slice bread.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:01:00 pm by eAyeAddio »
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....