Author Topic: Electric Bikes.  (Read 3555 times)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Electric Bikes.
« on: February 3, 2017, 12:27:59 pm »
Fuck off you lazy twats . Its a fucking shit way of getting around needing a licence to use the roads like any normal fucker . Use your feet like everyone else on a pushbike. Don't give me that bullshit that you use your feet to get going etc. Pilots use their feet but you don't see many Harriers whipping down to the fucking Tesco do u. Bastard things should be banned .

Con. Own up. Which of you lot has one...
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Electric Bikes.
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2017, 12:34:40 pm »
Fuck off you lazy twats . Its a fucking shit way of getting around needing a licence to use the roads like any normal fucker . Use your feet like everyone else on a pushbike. Don't give me that bullshit that you use your feet to get going etc. Pilots use their feet but you don't see many Harriers whipping down to the fucking Tesco do u. Bastard things should be banned .

I'm assuming you mean the lazy fuckers on a pedal bike and not a motorbike with a leccy engine? Same as though stupid segway things, fucking hate them. No wonder there are so many fat c*nts in the UK these days.

I'd love to see a Harrier pilot land in Tesco's car park  ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2017, 12:52:45 pm »

Not a fan of Froome either?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 3, 2017, 01:09:44 pm »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2017, 01:11:06 pm »
Someone find a picture of a cat riding an electric bike!

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #5 on: February 3, 2017, 01:12:46 pm »
.... Pilots use their feet but you don't see many Harriers whipping down to the fucking Tesco do u.

;)

Though this made me smile...

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/bMVY7zN4GEc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/bMVY7zN4GEc</a>
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 3, 2017, 01:52:48 pm »
Not a fan of Froome either?

At least he uses his legs.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: February 3, 2017, 01:56:28 pm »
I can only find one stood next to one. It is wearing a jumper though.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 3, 2017, 01:58:21 pm »
There's loads of them over here but it's mainly pensioners who have always ridden a bicycle and need a bit of help these days. Nothing wrong with that. Well, apart from the prices.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 3, 2017, 02:04:13 pm »
And the twats who think they can ride the damn things on the road as if its a motorbike the gimps.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #10 on: February 3, 2017, 02:35:27 pm »

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #11 on: February 3, 2017, 02:38:34 pm »

Not electric but it'll annoy Sir HF

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #12 on: February 3, 2017, 02:40:00 pm »

Yellow Jersey, his doctor has obviously just popped in the chemist for some "decongestant"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 3, 2017, 02:58:47 pm »
At least he uses his legs.

It was a joke, there's suspicions he's using not only his legs....

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 3, 2017, 03:22:05 pm »
When you are out on a bike ride, going up a rather steep incline and getting overtaken by (in most cases) some fat, or old fucker on an ebike, and they aren't even peddling it can be soul destroying.

If they have the brass neck to say "Good morning" as they pass, well the truth is, I want them dead.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 3, 2017, 03:45:36 pm »

What sort of stupid c*nt rides round with their cat in a basket on their bike, and then leaves it tied to a leash in the middle of a busy street? Wankers.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 3, 2017, 03:48:04 pm »
Not electric but it'll annoy Sir HF

His legs aren't going round so it could be electric.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 2, 2019, 12:09:59 am »

Ah, I knew there'd be a thread (albeit an old one) but wasn't expecting this. I feel I should counter...

I loved cycling since I was a kid. I used to cycle 1000s of miles a year between recreation and commuting. 5 years ago while cycling up a hill to my house, my back went. It was the recurrence of an old disc injury and left me unable to walk for days and with a year of physio to recuperate. When I finally got back to cycling, the same thing happened again on a hill. This time, with recuperation, the pain and problem are still there and I was told by my back consultant to avoid cycling for good (impact exercising like jogging was also out). I was devastated and it really affected my mental and physical health.

At the end of the year I got a e-bike (pedalec) and it's changed my life both physically and mentally. The hill assistance means I can ride my bike around the area I live with less danger to my back, while still actually putting in a good deal of work - it's completely false to say you do no work on one of these bikes. Yes, it's much easier than a normal push-bike on hills, but it doesn't go by itself.

On relatively flat terrain I turn off the assistance and ride the bike as normal. I'm gradually regaining fitness and doing something I love that would otherwise be off the cards for me. I make no apologies for loving this bike. My back is still shite and prone to go if I sneeze or maybe bend the wrong way, but I feel I've regained some of my old freedom and fitness.

If it gets older people, injured people, or disabled people out of cars and riding a bike when they'd otherwise struggle, then it's a fucking fantastic thing. I love mine. I'm out and proud.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #18 on: February 2, 2019, 08:38:29 am »
As some of you know I'm a avid cyclist and now live in Belgium.

Bloke I know here was a very good amateur cyclist in his youth and carried on well into his 70's, now that he is closer to the 80 mark he has carried on both on and off road, although these days he has invested in a couple of new bikes with assistance.

The only thing wrong with electric bikes is here they have groups of pensioners, who have not been on a bike for years, hiring them and then weaving off down the road/cycle paths as if the traffic was still as it was in the 60's. Almost every week there is a report in the local paper of deaths or accidents with "older" cyclist and nearly every time they are on e-bike.   

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #19 on: February 4, 2019, 01:51:57 pm »
Damn I miss Sir HF, my cat gif posts are down to zero.  :'(

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 4, 2019, 06:04:43 pm »
One still needs to put in a bit off effort on an ebike so I believe.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #21 on: February 4, 2019, 06:19:30 pm »
It’s the sneaky ones I can’t abide. On my route into work there is a guy with a Brompton who is easily doing 20mp/h plus. Most cyclists I know never let a Brompton pull away from them or be ahead of them for long but it is all you can do to track the guy down the canal path. Then I sussed his little bag on the front was wired to a hub. And I never fail to give him a look of disgust at traffic lights now

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 4, 2019, 06:39:14 pm »
It’s the sneaky ones I can’t abide. On my route into work there is a guy with a Brompton who is easily doing 20mp/h plus. Most cyclists I know never let a Brompton pull away from them or be ahead of them for long but it is all you can do to track the guy down the canal path. Then I sussed his little bag on the front was wired to a hub. And I never fail to give him a look of disgust at traffic lights now
Those Bromptons are stupid looking bikes in my opinion but they sure are pretty fast.

I'm sure e-bikes are limited to 15mph in the UK

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 8, 2019, 12:11:41 am »

I did about 15 miles today on mine and really felt it. A tiny twinge in my back gave me a bit of a scare at one point but I think it's ok.

Most, like mine, give assistance but will not go without pedalling (pedalec is the more accurate name). And at 15mph (which is quite often) the motor cuts out and you're on your own. My bike has 4 modes (Eco/tour/sport/Turbo), when I'm assisted I generally use eco but knock it up to sport or turbo for really steep hills. Over time I want to use the assistance less and less but I do have the constant fear of my back going. When you're unassisted it's a pretty hefty bike to move along - I think mine is 25kg, about 15kg more than my last bike.

Again, I cannot stress the freedom that this has given me. I missed cycling so much. And a person on a pedalec is one less person in a car. I'm injured but I'm still in my 30s so I can only imagine how much of a godsend these things are for pensioners or people coming back after strokes/heart attacks etc.

Again, you don't know his story. Sure, maybe he's lazy. But he could well be injured or in someway disabled. To look at me you wouldn't think anything is wrong. I know how shitty it feels to see people shaking their head or tutting when my wife lifts my bags into the overhead locker when we board a plane.

And so what if someone rides a Brompton, electric or otherwise? It wouldn't bother me if someone was on the road with a Sinclair C5 or a unicycle... to me, it's the guys that 'won't let a Brompton pull away from them' that are the dicks in your story.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #24 on: February 8, 2019, 10:22:18 am »
My mate has got one it’s fkn rapid top speed is 90mph  :o

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 8, 2019, 10:33:35 am »
My mate has got one it’s fkn rapid top speed is 90mph  :o

That would be an electric motorbike though, not a pedelec. We're talking about electrically assisted pedal bikes.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 8, 2019, 12:44:03 pm »
I did about 15 miles today on mine and really felt it. A tiny twinge in my back gave me a bit of a scare at one point but I think it's ok.

Most, like mine, give assistance but will not go without pedalling (pedalec is the more accurate name). And at 15mph (which is quite often) the motor cuts out and you're on your own. My bike has 4 modes (Eco/tour/sport/Turbo), when I'm assisted I generally use eco but knock it up to sport or turbo for really steep hills. Over time I want to use the assistance less and less but I do have the constant fear of my back going. When you're unassisted it's a pretty hefty bike to move along - I think mine is 25kg, about 15kg more than my last bike.

Again, I cannot stress the freedom that this has given me. I missed cycling so much. And a person on a pedalec is one less person in a car. I'm injured but I'm still in my 30s so I can only imagine how much of a godsend these things are for pensioners or people coming back after strokes/heart attacks etc.

Again, you don't know his story. Sure, maybe he's lazy. But he could well be injured or in someway disabled. To look at me you wouldn't think anything is wrong. I know how shitty it feels to see people shaking their head or tutting when my wife lifts my bags into the overhead locker when we board a plane.

And so what if someone rides a Brompton, electric or otherwise? It wouldn't bother me if someone was on the road with a Sinclair C5 or a unicycle... to me, it's the guys that 'won't let a Brompton pull away from them' that are the dicks in your story.
Tell me something mate, how far can you go on your e-bike on a full battery charge?  Is it somewhere round 25 - 30 miles?

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 8, 2019, 12:51:06 pm »
Tell me something mate, how far can you go on your e-bike on a full battery charge?  Is it somewhere round 25 - 30 miles?

Depends on the assistance level, temperature and the terrain. My bike is rated to 30-110miles.  On my current charge, I've done about 30 miles with a lot of uphill and in pretty cold temperatures and still have half a battery left.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #28 on: February 8, 2019, 01:57:07 pm »
True dat!

I wont go on mine unless ive got my best frock on,purra birra slap on, an done me hair

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 8, 2019, 02:13:30 pm »
True dat!

I wont go on mine unless ive got my best frock on,purra birra slap on, an done me hair

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 8, 2019, 02:54:42 pm »
True dat!

Awh, gender comedy.  I miss the 80s...

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #31 on: February 8, 2019, 05:01:55 pm »
Awh, gender comedy.  I miss the 80s...
Fuck you on about

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #32 on: February 8, 2019, 05:02:27 pm »

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 8, 2019, 05:05:39 pm »
Fuck you on about

Misread your post! Didn't see the bit you quoted. Apologies.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 8, 2019, 05:32:03 pm »
OK, so these bikes have a 15mph speed limit so what about going down steep hills?

Do you turn it off and free wheel down?  because many a time I do over 30mph downhill.  I touched 42mph one morning, praying to the Lord almighty I never hit owt      :D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 8, 2019, 06:03:36 pm »
OK, so these bikes have a 15mph speed limit so what about going down steep hills?

Do you turn it off and free wheel down?  because many a time I do over 30mph downhill.  I touched 42mph one morning, praying to the Lord almighty I never hit owt      :D

I'd imagine they just roll as fast as they can? First time I drove an HGV after passing my test I was on the M62 and without realising it, I hit 75mph!!!!

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #36 on: February 8, 2019, 08:39:59 pm »
That would be an electric motorbike though, not a pedelec. We're talking about electrically assisted pedal bikes.

My mates bike is a pedal mountain bike though not an motorbike

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 8, 2019, 08:41:08 pm »

It disengages at 15mph regardless of what incline you're on. The bike will freewheel just like any other bike. Think of it as being the same as putting a car in neutral going down a hill - it's getting no power but can still accelerate. On a straight, if you're pedalling over 15mph, you're doing it on your own.

The hill where I live is a rough 30mph+ downhill and scares the shite out of me.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 8, 2019, 08:45:46 pm »
Well in that case if he tells you he does 90mph on it he's dreaming.

No way Jöse.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 8, 2019, 08:55:35 pm »

Forgive my scepticism, but what is the make/model? If a pedelec does more than 15mph in EU or 25mph in the USA it's classed as a motorbike. Electric motorbikes with much bigger batteries than pedelecs often struggle to do 90mph - the top end Zero bikes do that but are 10 times heavier than a pedelec because of the battery weight.