Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 332880 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: The weather
« Reply #1120 on: February 15, 2019, 08:41:14 am »
So much nicer now with sunrise around 7.30am.
#Sausages

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1121 on: February 15, 2019, 11:00:42 am »
Lambent sunlight this morning about 9.30.

Lovely.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1122 on: February 17, 2019, 07:46:17 am »
Just had a walk down the shore, love it when it's getting light & nice & quiet, plus seeing the sunrise over Liverpool, although it's quite blustery today.
#Sausages

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1123 on: February 17, 2019, 08:36:39 am »
Another beauty this morning

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1124 on: February 17, 2019, 10:31:28 am »
Spent most of yesterday and this morning shifting my dismantled shed and decking to the tip - it's lovely to be out in the warm, I expected there to still be snow on the ground. I went off sick this time last year and it was freezing.

Wonder if we are in for another summer of 76, this winter seems to have been quite dry to me.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: February 17, 2019, 11:32:37 am »
Spent most of yesterday and this morning shifting my dismantled shed and decking to the tip - it's lovely to be out in the warm, I expected there to still be snow on the ground. I went off sick this time last year and it was freezing.

Wonder if we are in for another summer of 76, this winter seems to have been quite dry to me.
Rob it's scary how empty the reservoirs are.  I travel over to Lancashire from Barnsley/Sheffield quite often and they were so bad last summer my granddaughter asked me where all the water had gone and at Christmas they weren't much better.

This time last year all the walks I take the dogs on were flooded so yeah it has been quite dry.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1126 on: February 17, 2019, 01:33:13 pm »
Rob it's scary how empty the reservoirs are.  I travel over to Lancashire from Barnsley/Sheffield quite often and they were so bad last summer my granddaughter asked me where all the water had gone and at Christmas they weren't much better.

This time last year all the walks I take the dogs on were flooded so yeah it has been quite dry.

Due to the mental health issues I've been having, I've not been driving the trucks since Jan 18, so not been up to speed on the reservoirs. I always checked the water levels in Booth Wood and Scammonden Reservoirs on the M62 as I went to/from Yorkshire and also the four along the Woodhead pass. Usually in Feb they are full to the brim, so that is a bad sign and that we have had a dry winter.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1127 on: February 17, 2019, 01:51:35 pm »
Due to the mental health issues I've been having, I've not been driving the trucks since Jan 18, so not been up to speed on the reservoirs. I always checked the water levels in Booth Wood and Scammonden Reservoirs on the M62 as I went to/from Yorkshire and also the four along the Woodhead pass. Usually in Feb they are full to the brim, so that is a bad sign and that we have had a dry winter.
Yep they usually are full at this time of year, as is ladybower so if we dont get some significant rainfall soon we could be on rashions by April.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1128 on: February 17, 2019, 02:58:15 pm »
Yep they usually are full at this time of year, as is ladybower so if we dont get some significant rainfall soon we could be on rashions by April.

The Brexit mob will be getting the Britain they want then, everything from fuel, medicines, food and water rationed ;D

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1129 on: February 17, 2019, 06:48:39 pm »
The Brexit mob will be getting the Britain they want then, everything from fuel, medicines, food and water rationed ;D
[emoji23][emoji23]

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1130 on: February 20, 2019, 02:37:33 pm »
Forecast for the weekend looks glorious, temperatures in the mid teens, little breezy but not too much wind compared to last weekend, Saturday looks like the best day.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1131 on: February 20, 2019, 05:15:33 pm »
Forecast for the weekend looks glorious, temperatures in the mid teens, little breezy but not too much wind compared to last weekend, Saturday looks like the best day.

I've got a concrete shed base to get rid of this Saturday, getting a big Hilti breaker from work - was planning on doing it Saturday, but Friday afternoon to break it up and using Saturday morning to run the tip to dump it with a nice lazy afternoon is looking the best bet

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1132 on: February 22, 2019, 02:20:10 pm »
I've just been to the boozer up the road in my t-shirt and sat outside with a pint.  Ridiculous.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1133 on: February 23, 2019, 10:25:17 am »
It would have been my Mums birthday today and I cannot ever remember it being this warm on her birthdays.

I'm doing tip runs and its t-shirt and shorts weather ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1134 on: February 23, 2019, 11:52:54 am »
I feel for those parts of the world still grappling with snow storms but here it's unrealy.  Barely a month ago there was snow and ice outside and now Sefton Park is exploding with flowers.  And not just hardy daffodils either.

The photos I took don't really do it justice though.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1135 on: February 23, 2019, 01:19:38 pm »
I've just been to the boozer up the road in my t-shirt and sat outside with a pint.  Ridiculous.

You’ve gone soft on your old age. 10 years ago you’d have been in skins.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1136 on: February 23, 2019, 01:20:37 pm »
Had a nice walk down to the shore this morning, love going as it's getting light, can't believe a few weeks ago everywhere was covered in Snow.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1137 on: February 23, 2019, 02:37:42 pm »
The road to the tip is closed due to some maniac mancs trying to kill someone so been forced to go for a walk and ended up at the pub. Mad sitting outside in T-shirt and shorts in February

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1138 on: February 23, 2019, 02:58:38 pm »
Only thing is, when we have decent winters we tend to have crap summers. :(
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1139 on: February 23, 2019, 04:42:16 pm »
Just finished mowing the lawn and pottering around in the garden whilst wearing shorts. In February.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1140 on: February 23, 2019, 05:17:20 pm »

When it was dry like this from Autumn into winter in 75/76 we had a massive heatwave

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1141 on: February 24, 2019, 02:16:40 am »
Where i'm at we're in a blizzard warning and we've just had thundersnow - didn't even know that was a thing until we heard it! Up to 12 inches of snow overnight so can't wait to shovel that tomorrow to add to the pile from the last few weeks  ::)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1142 on: February 24, 2019, 02:29:59 am »

RAWK needs proper research mate.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1143 on: February 24, 2019, 02:31:39 am »
I feel for those parts of the world still grappling with snow storms but here it's unrealy.  Barely a month ago there was snow and ice outside and now Sefton Park is exploding with flowers.  And not just hardy daffodils either.

The photos I took don't really do it justice though.

I wake up to these every morning the past week or so. I love it.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: February 24, 2019, 11:40:27 am »
3c and foggy when I ran the wife to work at 8, now its 13c, sunny as anything. Great day to batter the Mancs.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1145 on: February 24, 2019, 11:51:12 am »
3c and foggy when I ran the wife to work at 8, now its 13c, sunny as anything. Great day to batter the Mancs.
This was sunrise where I am.  Its beautiful now though.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: February 24, 2019, 09:13:26 pm »
Where i'm at we're in a blizzard warning and we've just had thundersnow - didn't even know that was a thing until we heard it! Up to 12 inches of snow overnight so can't wait to shovel that tomorrow to add to the pile from the last few weeks  ::)
That'll teach you not to live in Manchester mate.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1147 on: February 25, 2019, 11:58:13 am »
This time last year iyt was thick of snow and really cold round these parts and earlier today I was sitting outside in the warm sunshine.   It is a lovely day here, bright, warm and sunny.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1148 on: February 25, 2019, 12:56:23 pm »
This time last year iyt was thick of snow and really cold round these parts and earlier today I was sitting outside in the warm sunshine.   It is a lovely day here, bright, warm and sunny.

Same. Most unnatural.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: February 25, 2019, 02:08:06 pm »
Up to 16 degrees here today       8)

https://www.bbc.com/weather/2641673

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: February 25, 2019, 02:20:17 pm »

Typical, I was off sick last year and Feb/March were freezing, I'm all back in work and its lovely. Bonus though is I'm still setting my own hours, so I will be going home at quarter to 3 today.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1151 on: February 25, 2019, 02:50:02 pm »
It's beautiful. Perfect weather. Feels like should get the BBQ out.

Got pics on my phone from this time last year of water features in London frozen solid. Feb is usually brutal.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: February 25, 2019, 03:15:16 pm »
It's beautiful. Perfect weather. Feels like should get the BBQ out.

Got pics on my phone from this time last year of water features in London frozen solid. Feb is usually brutal.

Got relatives who live in Colchester, they did have a BBQ yesterday  :thumbup

17c according to the car - it is like a summers day - wonderful weather.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1153 on: February 25, 2019, 04:05:23 pm »
Lovely weather, only annoyance is the sea mist, Liverpool Bay is affected by it, as normally you can see well beyond the wind farms, i'm struggling to see the first row, also struggling to see the Welsh hills because of the mist.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: February 25, 2019, 05:04:19 pm »
My weather app was saying 17 degrees C this afternoon. Just looking out over Sefton Park now and people are having picnics and BBQs.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1155 on: February 25, 2019, 05:07:33 pm »
My weather app was saying 17 degrees C this afternoon. Just looking out over Sefton Park now and people are having picnics and BBQs.  :o

Type of weather i'd expect around April/May, mind you still cold in the mornings though, last time i remember weather like this towards the end of February, was 98 thanks to El Nino.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: February 25, 2019, 05:08:30 pm »

It's mental isn't it. We've had 17c here in Manc too, the yokels are all stood in the streets, staring in bemusement, at the strange glowing disc in the sky.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1157 on: February 25, 2019, 05:12:37 pm »
I know it's mental, had a ride on the 22 from Chester to home, the front at Parkgate is like middle of summer it's that busy & warm, although as i've said the views are hindered a bit by the mist across the River Dee.
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1158 on: February 25, 2019, 06:19:15 pm »
They just said on the news that it reached 20 degrees in parts of Wales today.

Crazy stuff. I took the dog out before and felt over dressed in shorts and a jumper.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1159 on: February 25, 2019, 06:35:25 pm »
They just said on the news that it reached 20 degrees in parts of Wales today.

Crazy stuff. I took the dog out before and felt over dressed in shorts and a jumper.

Being over dressed is no defence to public nudity.