Author Topic: FA Cup draw  (Read 57300 times)

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FA Cup draw
« Reply #320 on: January 27, 2020, 07:35:21 pm »
Unlikely we qualify in all honesty.

Shame as be good to take a team down there.

If we can get past Shrewsbury then I reckon we could certainly nick a draw away to Chelsea then hopefully get past them in the replay.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #321 on: January 27, 2020, 07:36:42 pm »
A club our size can win all 3, please stop selling us short.

Funny how this season was about winning the title in the beginning, not getting a treble.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: January 27, 2020, 07:36:50 pm »
Hate how the F.A. have an agenda against city.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: January 27, 2020, 07:36:51 pm »
The title is more important than the FA Cup, that should be the priority this season.
Jill, people can still want us to win the FA Cup. None of us here have any influence.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: January 27, 2020, 07:37:59 pm »

If we can get past Shrewsbury then I reckon we could certainly nick a draw away to Chelsea then hopefully get past them in the replay.

ET and pens on night

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #325 on: January 27, 2020, 07:38:20 pm »

No replay in round 5

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: January 27, 2020, 07:38:36 pm »
ET and pens on night

Misread this - is this (round 4) the last round that has replays then?
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #327 on: January 27, 2020, 07:38:55 pm »
The title is more important than the FA Cup, that should be the priority this season.

You can still field a team to beat them in replay and also win the title.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: January 27, 2020, 07:40:03 pm »
Meh!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #329 on: January 27, 2020, 07:40:09 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: January 27, 2020, 07:40:29 pm »
A club our size can win all 3, please stop selling us short.
Really have you not been on this earth the last 30 years, it's Prem 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Next year with a Prem title under our belt we go for everything.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: January 27, 2020, 07:41:23 pm »
The title is done. Come March we’ll be resting people in the league to save them for the champions league. See absolutely no idea why we can’t go for all 3

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: January 27, 2020, 07:41:52 pm »
1000 percent.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: January 27, 2020, 07:42:21 pm »
Well Klopp disagrees with it as he clearly showed when we played Everton at home. So if he thinks the squad is too thin for all 3 I'm gonna trust him on this one and not you.

Not asking you to trust me, I'm sure you're old enough and clever enough to form your own opinion.

Everton came during a tough period, no complaints with that team or the one fielded yesterday.  We're good enough to win all 3 competitions, surprised some think we would struggle considering our current position.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: January 27, 2020, 07:44:00 pm »
Yeah, City dot have an influence in the team that they 'randomly' draw. Has there ever been a team in history that have had the run of draws they've had?

Considering we just drew against 16th placed League one Shrewsbury and now stand a pretty good chance of getting knocked out by them going by the team we’re going to field in the replay, now seems a pretty odd time to be moaning about city getting easy draws.

If we drew Wednesday away it would be fucking hard work as we’d likely play a similar team to the one we did yesterday. City will make changes but not to the extent that we do and they’ll probably piss it. Granted they have a bigger/stronger  squad than we do but we could easily field a stronger team whilst still making significant changes.

I’m not moaning about this especially by the way, but it is what it is. If you gave us the draws City got last season I think it’s debatable that we win the trophy as City are clearly taking it more seriously than we are.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2020, 07:44:56 pm »
Funny how this season was about winning the title in the beginning, not getting a treble.

Great isn't it, what a team.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #336 on: January 27, 2020, 07:45:38 pm »
Really have you not been on this earth the last 30 years, it's Prem 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Next year with a Prem title under our belt we go for everything.

Bingo.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #337 on: January 27, 2020, 07:46:26 pm »
The title is done. Come March we’ll be resting people in the league to save them for the champions league. See absolutely no idea why we can’t go for all 3

No it isn't done, we still have to win a number of games before it becomes a certainty. Until that moment, it's not official which is why don't need distractions for now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #338 on: January 27, 2020, 07:47:12 pm »
If we beat Chelsea we'd get United in the quarters, Spurs in the semi and then City in the final who have beaten EFL teams the whole way to get there.

Hardly worth it.

Just make sure we win the league ffs. See what happens in Europe.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: January 27, 2020, 07:48:05 pm »

No replays round 5 onwards
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #340 on: January 27, 2020, 07:48:42 pm »
Not asking you to trust me, I'm sure you're old enough and clever enough to form your own opinion.

Everton came during a tough period, no complaints with that team or the one fielded yesterday.  We're good enough to win all 3 competitions, surprised some think we would struggle considering our current position.

You're forward projecting our current level of performance as if it'll last the whole season through to playing a CL final against Bayern/PSG/City whoever in May if we play all the possible remaining games with our first team squad... clearly Klopp doesn't think its possible for the players to do that?

(bare in mind we're posting a few days after one of our fittest and most important players went down with an in game muscle / hamstring injury)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 07:51:50 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #341 on: January 27, 2020, 07:49:12 pm »
No replays round 5 onwards

Well thats rubbish. What about the respecting the FA cup? The fans and the players love it.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: January 27, 2020, 07:49:48 pm »
Think whether we go realistically for the FA cup will depend on how far ahead we are in a months time providing the kids can beat Shrewsbury which they are well capable of at home . Being 19 points ahead at that stage and we could start making the choice whether we want to have a go at being undefeated in the league or rest a few in the prem then a strong side at Chelsea .

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: January 27, 2020, 07:50:03 pm »
Well thats rubbish. What about the respecting the FA cup? The fans and the players love it.
Haha agreed you can’t make it up
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: January 27, 2020, 07:52:23 pm »
You're forward projecting our current level of performance as if it'll last the whole season through to playing a CL final against Bayern/PSG/City whoever in May if we play all the possible remaining games with our firs team ... clearly Klopp doesn't think its possible for the players to do that?

(bare in mind we're posting a few days after one of our fittest and most important players went down with an in game muscle / hamstring injury)

And he'd be right. Look at the performance yesterday. We've got no real cover down the left side at all. I wouldn't really want to be playing near enough our best team at Stamford Bridge for a midweek Fa Cup fifth round tie and they'd be full strength. There's limits to what we can ask out of the XI who played at Wolves.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: January 27, 2020, 07:52:27 pm »
You're forward projecting our current level of performance as if it'll last the whole season through to playing a CL final against Bayern/PSG/City whoever in May if we play all the possible remaining games with our firs team ... clearly Klopp doesn't think its possible for the players to do that?

I'm not suggesting we play the first team Jack, I said we could win all 3 competitions with the squad we have. If we pick up injuries then we obviously prioritise the League then the CL.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #346 on: January 27, 2020, 07:52:40 pm »
Damn right! They should bring back the strategy of old days in Europe when in the event of two draws a third game is played on a neutral venue.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: January 27, 2020, 07:52:51 pm »

Bingo. Just sack off replays from.the competition. Problem solved (next year).

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #348 on: January 27, 2020, 07:53:22 pm »
Another big pay day for Shrewsbury if they KO us!! They probably deserve it based on yesterday’s performance.

Ill still be going the match next week hoping we do it but i won’t be massively disappointed if we get beat as the league is the clear priority!! The treble is far too much of an ask

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: January 27, 2020, 07:54:10 pm »

I guarantee Klopp and the club had three competitions written down at the start of the season Prem, champions league and World club Cup. FA and league Cup would have been set aside for youngsters and giving players game time, it was a great plan.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: January 27, 2020, 07:54:39 pm »
I'm not suggesting we play the first team Jack, I said we could win all 3 competitions with the squad we have. If we pick up injuries then we obviously prioritise the League then the CL.

Its cumulative fatigue he's worried about not just injuries. You only have to look at the end to the 16/17 season or 17/18 season to see why he's so concerned about it

I think he thinks there's a real chance of doing the league / CL double and he's going to make choices based on that.... oh and that plus wanting to defend the league next year. It's an admirable refusal not to think short term and run his players into the ground imo. 

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: January 27, 2020, 07:55:02 pm »
I guarantee Klopp and the club had three competitions written down at the start of the season Prem, champions league and World club Cup. FA and league Cup would have been set aside for youngsters and giving players game time, it was a great plan.

Totally agree and not suggesting otherwise.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: January 27, 2020, 07:55:07 pm »

With a lot of luck with draws as well as injuries. I.e. Man City style luck from last season which we clearly haven't got getting Chelsea away next round and then we'd have to beat City at some point and at least one of United/Spurs/Arsenal.

Then three CL ties to win to get to a final. Might be easier if we can beat Atleti and get Atalanta next round rather than draw Man City. 15 league games left which we still need to win around half of.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: January 27, 2020, 07:57:12 pm »
I’m pretty on the fence with Klopp’s decision here. If I’m honest I’d rather he just played a team similar to yesterday and we’d likely be in the 5th round, one of my best ever memories in life was being in the ground when Gerrard hit that screamed against West Ham so I’ll always love the FA Cup.

That said, I can understand the logic and I’m not going to bother going into the discussion as it’s been done to death since yesterday.

What I would say is I hope the players have been consulted before this decision was made. It’s easy to make an argument for the players being happy with this choice, for the obvious reason that they get a week off when they otherwise wouldn’t, however you can envisage a situation where the kind of driven professionals that we have in our side are itching to win a treble and will see this as an opportunity taken away from them. You’d therefore hope, and to be honest I’d expect this has happened, that real clear and consistent dialogue has been undertaken with the players as you don’t want a situation where a lot of players are pissed off with the manager, or thinking he’s making a point to the detriment of the club as it’s easy to see how that kind of situation escalates and that usually takes it’s toll on the pitch.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: January 27, 2020, 07:57:37 pm »
Its cumulative fatigue he's worried about not just injuries. You only have to look at the end to the 16/17 season or 17/18 season to see why he's so concerned about it

I think he thinks there's a real chance of doing the league / CL double and he's going to make choices based on that.... oh and that plus wanting to defend the league next year. It's an admirable refusal not to think short term and run his players into the ground imo. 

I think maybe we're getting our wires crossed. I've said several times now that we should prioritise The League and CL whilst selecting youngsters and fringe players for the cup. 

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #355 on: January 27, 2020, 07:58:14 pm »

The title is most certainly not done. We need 27 more points out of the remaining 45 on offer. City have Laporte back and we should know from very recent history how they can go on a mad run.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: January 27, 2020, 07:58:33 pm »
I think maybe we're getting our wires crossed. I've said several times now that we should prioritise The League and CL whilst selecting youngsters and fringe players for the cup. 

Fair enough 👍

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #357 on: January 27, 2020, 07:59:18 pm »
Damn right! They should bring back the strategy of old days in Europe when in the event of two draws a third game is played on a neutral venue.

Hear hear. Or here here. Or possibly hear here or here hear. Although unlikely to be here hare here.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #358 on: January 27, 2020, 08:00:58 pm »
The title is most certainly not done. We need 27 more points out of the remaining 45 on offer. City have Laporte back and we should know from very recent history how they can go on a mad run.
Oh, for fucks sake, City are going to win every fucking game now that Laporte is back... Get a grip. The title is not mathematically done, but it's practically done. To not win the title is possible, but not probable. That would mean that we have to register the worst fuckup in the history of the game. With THIS team!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: January 27, 2020, 08:01:08 pm »

And would that be enough to win at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea's first XI? Or beat Man City?