Author Topic: CLQF: Liverpool vs Real Madrid (1-3)  (Read 31185 times)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CLQF: Liverpool vs Real Madrid (1-3)
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:21 pm »
Not enough to be honest.

Yes we had chances, but I’d be surprised if Madrid would have played anything like the same had they gone a goal down.

End of the day Madrid were pretty comfortable from about 60 minutes which isn’t a situation you can expect to go through from when you’re 3-1 down.

Another sting in this fucking depressing season, hopefully we can pull ourselves into the competition for next season.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:27 pm »
Philips MOTM

What an outstanding performane from this lad

Agree. He's been amazing.

Made up for him and the other lad we brought in.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:36 pm »
They deserved to go through...but at least we didnt fail to turn up in the 2nd leg.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:38 pm »
The season is long from done..we need top 4

I'm done for the season.

Online plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:39 pm »
Depressing as usual to go out. But credit to the team for fighting. It’s been difficult and I get that. Wish they would shot more form outside the box. You never know what can happen with those attempts and also a surprise.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:40 pm »
All went a little flat once Milner was hooked. Thiago tried a lot of through balls but I don't think many (if any) came off. The less said about our finishing the better. Salah alone should have had two. I can't fault the lads for the effort they put in tonight, but I feel so angry and so frustrated that we basically gifted the tie to RM.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:43 pm »
@NTXZO
·
10m
Real Madrid and the 3 Oligarch Football Creations. Perfect final four for this zero-atmosphere, soul sucking asterisk of a season.

https://twitter.com/NTXZO/status/1382435133668544514
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:50 pm »
Mane and Salah dreadful on a night when we needed them to play well, thought Trent a Nat were fantastic.
Jota played on the wing, I'm just lost with some of our choices tonight.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:51 pm »
Gassed in the second half with no fans to keep the wind in the sails. Jota really poor when he came on, and not sure switching Fabinho to CB was necessary.

However, we put up a good fight - if we could have put two of those many chances away we'd be through.

I absolutely loathe corners, and lofted crosses in general to be honest. Might as well give the opposition a free-kick.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:52 pm »
Fans there, I reckon we win.

100%

Kop sucks the first one in and Real shit themselves
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2021, 09:57:55 pm »
At this level its all about taking your chances and we didn't do that. Also if the plan is to cross the ball in endlessly at the end at least having someone like Origi on might be more of a threat.

In the end though we tried and it wasn't quite good enough. Not sure the subs improved things much though Shaqiri was trying to make something happen. Need some new attacking blood for next season just to shake things up a bit.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:04 pm »
We lost shape and rhythm after the first set of subs. It actually played really well into Real's game plan - giving them eat 4 on 4 making situations between the center halves and Casemiro. The next set of double change effectively killed the game off. We had lots of creators in the field but nobody but Salah in the box. I would have thought taking Mane and Firmino off meant throwing Jota in the middle but what do I know.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:10 pm »
Proud of the lads today. Tried our best but couldn't finish. Let's get top 4 and be done with this shitty season.

Not looking for an argument but proud of what?
We went out with a whimper and it was “the lads” who had ample opportunity to send us through.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:12 pm »
Good effort Reds, damage done last week. Played well for large parts of the game just missing our cutting edge still.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:15 pm »
Played well. Just couldn't do the final bit of putting the ball in the back of the net. With Mane so out of form and Everyone else more keen to pass than shoot, we are over-reliant on Mo to score goals right now. Milner MOTM for me.

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:16 pm »
Two glorious chances in the first half should've seen us thru. Oh well. Focus on the league now then.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:21 pm »
We didn't take our chances. Simple as that. We could've won this game twice over.  :butt

Yes didn't have the arl shooting boots on tonight.
I thought the lads did great - fair play to them - without the fans it was always going to be extremely difficult - just needed a bit of luck, their goalie played very well, very solid, even at the end there he knew Salah was trying to nutmeg him.
Ah bloody hell gutted to go out but the damage was done last week.
No shame getting beat by Madrid though

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:22 pm »
Diabolical finishing once again. Virgil coming back is not going to fix that.
we are missing his goals from set pieces don't forget,. don't underestimate his presence in both boxes
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:23 pm »
Well we had enough chances. With the players deciding to take this season off, combined with taking a third of last season off, at least they'll be in good shape for next season. A nice 18 month rest will have done them good I say.

Online Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:34 pm »
Well... it was the first leg that cost us to be honest...

A good performance tonight, but not quite enough
Yup, lost it in the first leg.
2 games at Anfield unbeaten now

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:36 pm »
The Mo and Gini chances were huge.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:41 pm »
Decent first half, but that second half was just more of the same of what we’ve been seeing at Anfield this year, and ultimately it’s another blank at home.

Zidane did his homework, has obviously seen that we run out of ideas pretty quickly against Fat Sam tactics. Sit back, break with a couple of players and see what happens.  They could have had a couple in the second half too if it weren’t for a couple of good saves from Alisson, a terrible header from Benzema.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:43 pm »
Never have I seen a Semi Final four where I did not want any of them to win the fucking thing.

Awful.

That's about it, zero interest in the competition now. But we need to qualify for this somehow.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:44 pm »
we better finish in top 4

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:45 pm »
Anybody who wants to have a go after that really needs to have a think about what it means to be a supporter of this club. Lads did a great job, the dice didn't fall. I'm just glad we still have that in our locker, because we outplayed out of the best teams on the planet - and we needed to remember we could do that.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:47 pm »
Got what we deserved to be brutally honest. We were awful in the first half of the first leg and as for the second leg if you don’t take your chances then inevitably you’ll end up losing. Performance was good but finishing really let us down. Got to say the subs were shocking, Klopp was right to make them but they came on and did shit all. Is Jota colour blind? Sigh, we go out with a whimper and the other two English sides go through, c*nt of a season can’t end soon enough. Hopefully we can sneak in to the top 4.

Anybody who wants to have a go after that really needs to have a think about what it means to be a supporter of this club. Lads did a great job, the dice didn't fall. I'm just glad we still have that in our locker, because we outplayed out of the best teams on the planet - and we needed to remember we could do that.

Whilst I get the point you’re trying to make it’s simply not enough to say we outplayed them when in actual fact they did exactly what a team with a 2 goal cushion does away from home. Their tactics were pretty much spot on and in keeping with exactly what we’ve seen in the league this season. Sit back soak it up and hit us on the break. The boys played well but over the two legs we can only blame ourselves for the result.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:01:54 pm by rawcusk8 »
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:50 pm »
Played well, subs kind of threw us of kilter for the second game running, but they were expected changes so no complaints. Enough isn’t made of how much we miss Virgil from an attacking point, these sort of games, the little moments make a difference. And set piece wise we may as well not bother tossing balls in.
AHA!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:55 pm »
Game was over on 75 mins. Just felt like too many rolls of the dice with players not used to playing together.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2021, 09:58:57 pm »
You can't have as poor of a half as we did in Madrid and expect to go through in a CL quarter.

We got the team and tactics wrong in the first half of the first leg. That's all it takes at this level.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:00 pm »
It felt like I was watching a team I recognised again tonight. Just lacking a couple of decent finishes.

Hopefully that level of performance and intensity can be maintained for the remaining league games.

Finishing does remain a concern. We must have a shot conversion rate of under 2% this year. It's borderline farcical.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:02 pm »
Chances - no finish.........story of season

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:03 pm »
First leg bust it, shame really as Real are not the force they once were, but they have that knack of just hitting form when they need it. At least we can have full focus on qualifying for next year now and not have a clog of fixtures that some of our top 4 rivals will. While it's disappointing to go out, to have even got to the quarters with the horrendous injury problems we've had to cope with is a hell of an achievement, and lads like Nat who have stepped up a serious amount in tough circumstances should be really proud. We go again, next year! Up the fucking Reds

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:06 pm »
Had loads of chances, didn't take them

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:11 pm »
Good job Bobby and Mo missed the Barca 2nd leg in hindsight!

Couldn’t really have done any more up until the finishing. Games like those hinge on taking your chances and we missed so many. Hopefully don’t see a load of embarrassing ‘we were shit’ posts but that may be pissing into the wind
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Pat The Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:12 pm »
Better performance tonight, Bus parked unsurprisingly but we had our chances, just didn't take them. Our season all over. Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll be back next year.
Don't care who wins it now, as long as it's not City

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:19 pm »
Got what we deserved really. I had a feeling that Salah’s early miss would prove crucial so pissed off with our inability to score goals. We desperately need someone who lives to score goals. WE NEED A STRIKER!
There needs to be some brave decisions at the club. The front 3 is never going to be what it was. Personally I’d replace Gini, Firmino and if he doesn’t do something soon, Mané.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:19 pm »
Fans there, I reckon we win.
We put them to the sword if fans were there.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:23 pm »
Missed chances in the first... can’t complain about Real Madrid though. They played well first leg and second leg they did what they needed to do..

I’d hope that our season doesn’t pan out now but well it’ll be a challenge to get top 4...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:34 pm »
You don't want Champions League football next season?

I'd rather give our clearly wrecked players a break and do well in the league next season.

8th or 9th will do nicely to steer away from those crappy European places thanks.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2021, 09:59:45 pm »
Very good first half but not ruthless enough. Second half started well but mostly was similar to the last 4-5 months at home. Not good enough overall. Get the season done and dusted and let's move on for next year
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3