Author Topic: Liverpool vs Real Madrid  (Read 72754 times)

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Got a chance if we can find our Anfield form.

Their third was kind of unlucky. Shame about that.

Half time thread was a fucking disgrace

Did you watch the first half? We were abysmal. Weren’t much better once we conceded the third either.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
better in second half...

however the refereeing is shocking...

we have a mountain to climb

we need a cover right back for TAA to bring us something else... he was really poor overall

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Dr Felix Brych

Born 3 August 1975, Madrid, Spain.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
To be honest it is amazing we are still in the tie, could've been 5 down at half time. They'll be furious we scored with our only shot on target as they really should've killed the game tonight.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Considering the first half, I’m alright with a 3-1 loss.

That could have been over by 70 minutes the way we were playing.

We just need to win 2-0 at home and we’re through, hardly the end of the world.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Last time we’ll be in the Champions League for at least a season, and as things stand we’re going out with a whimper. Really embarrassing performance on the biggest stage. Scoreline flatters us.
::)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Meh, not good, but we woke up to score one

We've turned over worse at Anfield in Europe

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...

Might want to give this place a miss tonight if people calling it as they see it is going to wind you up so much.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
At least after the Barca first leg you felt we had something there - this seems much more difficult even though the score is closer
No fans.  No chance.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Always is, even when we're winning there's some who just have to moan and single out players for individual criticism
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
Got nowhere near Kroos and Modric. Let them constantly put their studs on the ball and prance about like the show ponies they are.

Real always seemed to have a spare man and that is completely down to them nailing the tactics.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
Yeh uh.. we'll need to play better than that but we have a chance.

Sometimes... thats all we need.  :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
That was exhausting. A 2-1 loss would have actually been an excellent result there. Such a shame to concede that third goal when we did. Mane's form is beyond worrying now. Unless it was injury related, which doesn't seem to be the case, that's a massive blow for Naby Keita.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
It's not over yet but it's going to be extremely difficult, especially without a crowd. Not great.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Why didn’t we press Kross?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
We're still in it.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
We have them right where they want us.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
Inexplicable performance in the first half. Couldn’t pass it 5 yards.

Defence cost us in the second. Way, way too easy for Madrid to get through - a simple long ball each time.

0 ideas in midfield too. Not sure what’s going on there - we can’t create or sustain pressure at all.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
Shocking performance! It was never about how well Madrid played but only about which Liverpool side turned up, and unfortunately it was the shit one.

We are out, without fans we cant make Anfield count.

Focus on fourth

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Could’ve been worse. Was surprised how good  Real were, although their goals all came from sloppy defending. As usual the ref was a twat and fell for most of their shit. Manι’s form has to be a real concern now, he is not affecting games at all. The limitations of the CB’s were exposed and confirmed that we definitely need more signings in the summer. As for Gini, I don’t know how he stayed on the pitch. He might as well stay in Spain and wait for his move to Barca to go through. Worst player on the pitch.

It’s not quite over yet, we’ve come back from worse positions.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Take that to be fair, which is fucking embarrassing.

Utterly shit first half, less shit second half.

Just basics. A few years ago we threw away a game against a close to peak Real. Tonight we did the same against such an average outfit. Such a shame and such a missed opportunity.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
Deserved win for them, we just didn't turn up in the first half. Second was better but without causing them too many problems.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Dreadfully poor performance. Apart from 15 mins at the start of the 2nd half, they were off the pace, couldn't pass, decided to leave Toni Kross have the freedom of Madrid, and generally looked like they didn't care.

Baffling decision to leave Manι on considering he looked like he won a competition to play tonight.

Don't see us turning this around without a crowd behind us to spook them.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
We did well to come back and Jota was looking lively. I’m not sure why he was taken off when Mane was playing poorly.

The third goal was very poor and we shouldn’t have conceded such a poor goal.

Ref bought almost every one of their dives and that cheat who got TAA booked was disgraceful........VAR should be picking out cheats and telling the ref.

Overall it wasn’t the worst as we could have been 4 down in the first half.

The away goal was good but I think we are going to have to score 4 to go through.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2021, 10:02:29 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
That was beyond poor to be honest.  2nd in every department.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
They weren't arsed.

They really weren't arsed. Lazy passing, not making runs, not attempting interceptions. I'm fuming.

That's what it felt like. They had a makeshift defense and their star attacker out. There is no excuse for a performance like this. Made Vinicius look world class. I watch lot of La Liga and Real have never played this well. It was like Liverpool vs Arsenal from last week, except we were Arsenal level.
True North Strong

Offline ApfelStudel

• Anny Roader
The second half was much better. At the end of the day 3:1 is not the worst result in the world, we probably still have a chance to go through. If i remember correctly we always struggled away from home in CL - Roma 4:2, Barcelona 3-0 etc etc. It will be very, very difficult at an empty Anfield though; it was usually the atmosphere that would help us get into fifth gear.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would have taken 3-1 at HT to be fair, shame they got the third otherwise 2-1 is not the worst result considering we stunk the place out first half.

With a rocking Anfield I would fancy us, however without it, our 4/5th choice CBs and this seasons form it seems unlikely.

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
Piss poor performance for the most part. Real took advantage of our inexperienced back line and Mane was in the madrid defenders pocket all game. Why did Klopp bring off Jota, an attacking threat, and leave the totally ineffectual Mane on?

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
If we were in very good form I wouldn't be bothered about that result. Damage done in the first half, better but still off the pace in the 2nd. Tricky home leg, am at the point of whatever now as far as this fuckhole of a season (and 2021) goes though anyways!

- all in my opinion of course -

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
I hate to be negative but I reckon thats us out. The likelihood of us keeping a clean sheet for 90 minutes against as strong of a counter as they have seems incredibly unlikely. Could have lived with 2-1 or 3-2.

Offline Pat The Red

• Main Stander
At least we got an away goal but there is little else to take from that. 2-0 back home, about as good as we could have hoped for. Fab not quick enough to close down for the 3rd and Alisson unlucky.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Thiago offered fuck all but then again so did everyone else.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Never helps when the other side are a gang of cheating bastards.  Wish we could get away with half of what some other teams pull.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
an tactical disaster from Klopp there.

ill never understand why he started Keita and also left out Firmino. YOu leave a champions league winner on the bench and play a guy who spends most of his time either hiding or  out injured. 

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
1-3. Terrible but not out. We improved in the second half, but we handed out Christmas gifts for all three goals. Really disappointing that we were so bad when it mattered. The one positive we can bring to the second leg is our goal. We need to score at least two and that's doable. But we need to play for 90 minutes. Unfortunately we didn't do that tonight.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
They weren't arsed.

They really weren't arsed. Lazy passing, not making runs, not attempting interceptions. I'm fuming.

That's what bothered me the most.  They played like it was a 3rd round FA Cup tie. 

Too many players had off nights.  Trent, Ali, Gini, Mane ... and I don't think I've seen Fabinho ever look that clueless in a red shirt.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thank God we are facing them in a two legged tie. The away goal can be crucial. As long as we keep them out at Anfield, we have every chance to win.

A lot better second half though. They look like a very well organised side, this Madrid. I am sure the players won’t take them lightly next time like they did the first half. The experience they have is staggering, Kroos on his own has more CL experience than the rest of our squad.

Trent though I think has to get his head sorted. He has temperament issues, like he did earlier in the season. He’s like a petulant child still, when things don’t go his way, and he loses his focus.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First half dreadful, encouraging start to the second half but the third goal killed us. Our defence didn’t have enough quality unfortunately. Kabak and Phillips can see us out for the season and will be enough for the majority of PL sides, but against quality opposition they’ll be cut up.

Wijnaldum and Mane need to be taken out of the first team unfortunately. Gini can be useful when he wants to be. When he has time on the ball in midfield he absolutely kills our momentum. Mane - I’m worried that he’s on the decline. He’s lost that spark that takes him past players, he seems to get bullied pretty easily too.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Poor, wrong team selection, out fought, passing slow, passing sloppy, no fight, jusy off it tonight. Real where good not great but we did ourselves no favours.
Y.N.W.A.