Author Topic: Phil Scraton - a truly remarkable and extraordinary Liverpudlian  (Read 90949 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: Phil Scraton - a truly remarkable and extraordinary Liverpudlian
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2021, 01:05:18 pm »
Once again, thank you all so much for your collective generosity of spirit and for taking the time to write so profoundly, whether a few words or many. Your comments, along with so many emails, have had a profound impact on me and my family. Here is the first part of a podcast recorded soon after the abrupt end of the trial and broadcast today. YNWA.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6keyBeVZnh9EgXIgTYAoOy?si=lo0zNS0uS-qxupxIQS4Zrg&dl_branch=1&nd=1

Thanks for sharing that Phil.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2021, 08:23:33 pm »

Great post Timbo.  I echo your thoughts completely.

Lots of other great posts in here too.

Like Fitzy, I've always felt like a bit of an imposter when speaking about Hillsborough on here.  I wasn't personally affected, but I do remember watching it as a child, shocked at what was unfolding. 

Thanks for all that you've done Phil.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 08:37:34 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2021, 09:19:38 pm »
To those who feel they shouldn't comment because they feel distant from the subject or never fully understood the disaster - you're not alone and as a LFC fan or indeed a citizen of justice you're entitled to make your observations. Your displays of decency illustrate who you are.

The thing is, even the families and the survivors are still learning now. They've always known the truth, they endured the horrendous treatment, but the detail behind the corruptness and vile behaviour of SYP, WMP et al has only emerged with some startling discovery and realisation in recent years.

They don't know what we now know.

So there probably isn't a better tribute thread on this entire forum for such a wonderful person as Phil Scraton, and we all must join in.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2021, 11:16:25 pm »
To those who feel they shouldn't comment because they feel distant from the subject or never fully understood the disaster - you're not alone and as a LFC fan or indeed a citizen of justice you're entitled to make your observations. Your displays of decency illustrate who you are.

The thing is, even the families and the survivors are still learning now. They've always known the truth, they endured the horrendous treatment, but the detail behind the corruptness and vile behaviour of SYP, WMP et al has only emerged with some startling discovery and realisation in recent years.

So there probably isn't a better tribute thread on this entire forum for such a wonderful person as Phil Scraton, and we all must join in.

Well said John.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ale-lujah! Ale-lujah!

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2021, 02:13:11 am »
Words don’t seem enough to thank Phil Scraton for what he has done over these past thirty years or so but I would just like to say that I honestly don’t think that the justice we have seen would have happened without him.

Thank you sir. You are a true Liverpool great

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2021, 02:03:58 pm »
Once again, thank you all so much for your collective generosity of spirit and for taking the time to write so profoundly, whether a few words or many. Your comments, along with so many emails, have had a profound impact on me and my family. Here is the first part of a podcast recorded soon after the abrupt end of the trial and broadcast today. YNWA.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6keyBeVZnh9EgXIgTYAoOy?si=lo0zNS0uS-qxupxIQS4Zrg&dl_branch=1&nd=1

Just a quick bump for anyone who hasn't heard this excellent podcast.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2021, 05:32:14 pm »
Phil can never be praised too highly for the extraordinary selfless task he took upon himself to investigate what happened in Sheffield and afterwards.

We all owe him an enormous debt of gratitude.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2021, 06:24:57 pm »

Thank you Phil !

Your work for the cause will always be greatly appreciated , and most certainly never forgotten .

YNWA Good Sir !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2021, 10:37:27 pm »
A true inspiration. A quiet and modest man with a superhuman grit and determination. Not everyone who fights for a cause has to be loud and shouty. Phil Scranton is proof that the quiet, methodical approach works too, if you cling steadfastly to the truth.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline andrewd3

• Main Stander
  • The reds are coming up the hill boy
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2021, 07:15:49 pm »
Tremendous respect for the work that Phil has done. I don't now him but a childhood friend was supervised by Phil, worked with him and speaks very highly of him as a professional and a person. One of the good guys.
they all laugh at us they all mock at us they all say our days are numbered

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2021, 12:43:45 am »
I'm not too good at this kind of thing. I was there, in the seats above the Leppings Lane terrace, a 13 year old kid. A fella came in just after kick off, he looked rough. He'd obviously been caught up in the crush outside. We stood up to let him through, he thanked us and said it was murder outside, "the police had opened a gate".

On the coach on the way home, there was the first reports on the radio that the Liverpool fans had forced the gates open. The web of lies had began to be spun, whilst family members were still identifying bodies.

Jonathon Goldberg continues to try to turn things on it's head. But the vast majority of the world can now see through the bollocks. And that means a lot to any proud Scouser, red or blue. It means a lot to any Liverpool supporter. And it means everything to survivors and families of bereaved.

I'm not sure we could have got to this point without Phil. He deserves a flag on the Kop, which lets face it, is far better than an OBE.

Phil thank you. From the bottom of my heart, Ste.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2021, 04:54:19 pm »
When we started this tribute thread I secretly hoped for but dared not expect the sort of response we have so far witnessed within its pages. I’ve been a RAWK member since the very early days and I know from personal experience and observation over those years that personalized threads of this nature not bearing the mantle of Reds players or managers are notoriously prone to slipping off the radar quite rapidly.

Thankfully – and so deservedly for the man for whom the thread was initiated – this thread has not. In fact, the opposite has been the case. Moreover, the thread’s primary objective of affording Liverpudlians from this website the opportunity to express their admiration and appreciation for the man and for him in turn to realize just how respected and appreciated he truly is has been impressively achieved by what has been posted within it. And I thank everyone who has ensured that this is the case.

Reflecting on the thread content, some things come across as very evident as you read through all the heartfelt responses within it. First and foremost is that the impact of Hillsborough and its injustices still continue to haunt the minds and emotions of Liverpudlians. Equally clear is that this impact has been felt in so many disparate ways to so many disparate sensibilities by so many different folks within so many different places and stages of their life that it is impossible for there to have been one particular way for those so impacted to feel or react either at the time or now.

So many of the moving posts in the thread are testament to this very aspect.

Yet suffice to say each and every single one, whether small or weighty, has in its own individual way contributed to representing our collective psyche concerning the tragedy – namely huge sadness for the victims, immeasurable revulsion for the injustice and immense gratitude both to the families and – crucially in terms of the thread’s raison d’etre – to the man who stood against that injustice from the very start and for whom we have dedicated the thread.

Following on from this, the one thing we can say for sure is that, whilst the pain of Hillsborough and its injustices will always be with us in some form or another, mercifully in Phil Scraton each of us has found a kind of shared conduit and healing balm to help in some way in dealing with the hurt and grief of that day and the reprehensible desecration of the truth which ensued.

Indeed, so important has this man’s presence been and so vital has his devotion to representing the truth of Hillsborough proved to be from the immediate aftermath right up to the present day that it seems almost as if it was all pre-ordained. As if it was meant to be. As if it was fated for him to be there as a shield and guide for Liverpudlians worldwide to ensure the truth prevailed and release them from their pain.

He wasn’t of course. It merely seems that way. And in fact, the opposite was the case. The reality was that Phil Scraton actually took it upon himself to fulfil this role. There was never any obligation for him to do so. The innate Scouseness and decency that clearly seams through him allied to what may well be a unique amalgam of highly refined technical expertise and insight, a rare deep and genuine intrinsic empathy and an insanely dogged forensic perseverance saw to it that he did so. And – crucially – that he did so with unparalleled distinction. His sense of dedication to the cause of justice kept him right there at an often intolerably hostile coalface. And there he remained for more than three decades repeatedly stepping up to the plate until he had painstakingly devoured and spat out every last morsel of establishment lies and deceit to ensure that justice was achieved.

And so, reading through all these heartfelt responses I feel so gladdened that we decided to create this tribute thread to this amazing bloke so that his fellow Liverpudlians could have their collective say and so he might get to see first hand just how admired, respected and yes, how treasured he is by all of them. And when John C finally makes the thread a sticky at the top of the page in the coming days, we shall have a permanent reminder of just what this extraordinary man has done for us all and how we all feel about that.

Phil, I say this unashamedly once again – we are all truly blessed to have had you by our side.

Take a bow mate.
Wonderful Timbo, and beautifully put ! I can't think of a worthier summary.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2021, 11:05:47 pm »
A lovely & well-deserved tribute to Phil Scraton, Timbo, and I'm pleased to see your superbly-written post is receiving due plaudits too.

I was pleased to be able to hear Phil speak (Hillsborough: Resisting Injustice, Uncovering Truth) at the University back in February 2017 - it was a public event, and the largest lecture theatre on campus was packed.  The sense of respect & appreciation was clear, and I hope that Phil felt the love that was there for him in the room.

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2021, 05:00:46 am »
A great tribute to a great human being! Thank you Timbo for bringing this to my attention and for honoring a great man. And thank you Phil for everything you've done for the people and the community. This is about justice, about truth, decency and systematic abuse of power and to me this matter goes far beyond football and any one football club, but still, it's people like you Phil, that makes this a special special club. It takes big courage and an even bigger heart to do what you're doing. I could only hope to live up to your example (but I hope I'll never have to try). I can't even begin to imagine what this is like, but I am even more honored and proud to call myself a Liverpool supporter knowing that makes me, somehow, a part of something that you're also a part of.

YNWA

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2021, 12:09:28 am »
When we started this tribute thread I secretly hoped for but dared not expect the sort of response we have so far witnessed within its pages. I’ve been a RAWK member since the very early days and I know from personal experience and observation over those years that personalized threads of this nature not bearing the mantle of Reds players or managers are notoriously prone to slipping off the radar quite rapidly.

Thankfully – and so deservedly for the man for whom the thread was initiated – this thread has not. In fact, the opposite has been the case. Moreover, the thread’s primary objective of affording Liverpudlians from this website the opportunity to express their admiration and appreciation for the man and for him in turn to realize just how respected and appreciated he truly is has been impressively achieved by what has been posted within it. And I thank everyone who has ensured that this is the case.

Reflecting on the thread content, some things come across as very evident as you read through all the heartfelt responses within it. First and foremost is that the impact of Hillsborough and its injustices still continue to haunt the minds and emotions of Liverpudlians. Equally clear is that this impact has been felt in so many disparate ways to so many disparate sensibilities by so many different folks within so many different places and stages of their life that it is impossible for there to have been one particular way for those so impacted to feel or react either at the time or now.

Yet suffice to say each and every single one, whether small or weighty, has in its own individual way contributed to representing our collective psyche concerning the tragedy – namely huge sadness for the victims, immeasurable revulsion for the injustice and immense gratitude both to the families and – crucially in terms of the thread’s raison d’etre – to the man who stood against that injustice from the very start and for whom we have dedicated the thread.

Following on from this, the one thing we can say for sure is that, whilst the pain of Hillsborough and its injustices will always be with us in some form or another, mercifully in Phil Scraton each of us has found a kind of shared conduit and healing balm to help in some way in dealing with the hurt and grief of that day and the reprehensible desecration of the truth which ensued.

Indeed, so important has this man’s presence been and so vital has his devotion to representing the truth of Hillsborough proved to be from the immediate aftermath right up to the present day that it seems almost as if it was all pre-ordained. As if it was meant to be. As if it was fated for him to be there as a shield and guide for Liverpudlians worldwide to ensure the truth prevailed and release them from their pain.

He wasn’t of course. It merely seems that way. And in fact, the opposite was the case. The reality was that Phil Scraton actually took it upon himself to fulfil this role. There was never any obligation for him to do so. The innate Scouseness and decency that clearly seams through him allied to what may well be a unique amalgam of highly refined technical expertise and insight, a rare deep and genuine intrinsic empathy and an insanely dogged forensic perseverance saw to it that he did so. And – crucially – that he did so with unparalleled distinction. His sense of dedication to the cause of justice kept him right there at an often intolerably hostile coalface. And there he remained for more than three decades repeatedly stepping up to the plate until he had painstakingly devoured and spat out every last morsel of establishment lies and deceit to ensure that justice was achieved.

And so, reading through all these heartfelt responses I feel so gladdened that we decided to create this tribute thread to this amazing bloke so that his fellow Liverpudlians could have their collective say and so he might get to see first hand just how admired, respected and yes, how treasured he is by all of them. And when John C finally makes the thread a sticky at the top of the page in the coming days, we shall have a permanent reminder of just what this extraordinary man has done for us all and how we all feel about that.

Phil, I say this unashamedly once again – we are all truly blessed to have had you by our side.

Take a bow mate.

Offline Timbo0151

• @Timbo0151
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
« Reply #135 on: June 27, 2021, 01:48:58 pm »

Take a bow mate.

I don't log back on here as often as I should, and threads like this is the reason I should make more of an effort.
Absolutely amazing and thoroughly deserved tribute. We are indeed truly blessed to have had Phil Scraton by our side.
And you should also take a bow, for putting this superb piece together.
SOS member 1295
@timbo0151

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #136 on: June 27, 2021, 03:07:14 pm »
Thank you for this thread. I hope it becomes more widely read and shared. It is an extremely important part of us all.

To Phil,

Your commitment, dedication, modesty and diligence never fails to impress and inspire me.
I only wish I had the above qualities. But I guess my wish became manifest in you.
All the very best to you and your family. We all owe you a world of gratitude.
God bless.

Jon.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2021, 12:17:59 am »

So true John,

Phil Scranton is admirable to the highest degree.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #138 on: August 7, 2021, 01:16:04 pm »
In a suitably modest place there should be a statue.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #139 on: August 7, 2021, 01:22:48 pm »
In a suitably modest place there should be a statue.
There's a banner currently being designed..... statue next ;)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2021, 12:51:32 am »
There's a banner currently being designed..... statue next ;)

Good man Jim.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #141 on: October 8, 2021, 11:16:38 pm »
From Audrey Carville on Twitter:

I have the honour of interviewing Prof Phil Scraton this Sunday after 9am. He is driven by obligation to fight injustice & bear witness to the pain of those without power. #hillsborough #motherbaby #racism Hear him @BBCSounds @bbcradioulster

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Last Edit: November 6, 2021, 08:23:31 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2021, 11:46:33 am »
Following the Atsroworld tragedy Phil's knowledge, expertise and eloquence impresses US podcaster Trish Wood. She's blown away by his brilliance having never heard of him before.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/phil-scraton-on-the-tragedy-of-astroworld/id1513237951?i=1000541288225

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2021, 10:13:16 am »
Phil's terrific Desert Island Discs episode in 2017.....a must-listen for one and all

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09cvytz
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2021, 10:18:27 am »
Following the Atsroworld tragedy Phil's knowledge, expertise and eloquence impresses US podcaster Trish Wood. She's blown away by his brilliance having never heard of him before.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/phil-scraton-on-the-tragedy-of-astroworld/id1513237951?i=1000541288225

Superb that John...thanks for the link
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #146 on: January 8, 2022, 11:27:41 pm »
Just watched that documentary again - the two hour one with the Warrington inquests. What a truly beautiful and wonderful human being, this man.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2022, 05:04:35 pm »
Just watched that documentary again - the two hour one with the Warrington inquests. What a truly beautiful and wonderful human being, this man.

This is a magnificent final sentence!! I think it deserves to figure permanently in a re-titling of this thread. Phil is exactly as described - sure he's a Liverpudlian no argument but he deserves the salute of these globally wider words. I commend them to the mods for their views.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2022, 05:19:47 pm »
This is a magnificent final sentence!! I think it deserves to figure permanently in a re-titling of this thread. Phil is exactly as described - sure he's a Liverpudlian no argument but he deserves the salute of these globally wider words. I commend them to the mods for their views.
We've done something else to immortalise the wonderful human being that he is. To be revealed in due course.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2022, 05:49:42 pm »
Look forward to that very much sir!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2022, 08:40:36 am »
Last night Jim presented Phil with his tribute flag, which was designed, funded and made by RAWK members, to thank him for everything he's done in the fight for justice.
Phil was blown away by the gesture. We hope to see it on the Kop in due course.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2022, 08:54:29 am »
Excellent.

YNWA Phil.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2022, 01:06:05 pm »
Last night Jim presented Phil with his tribute flag, which was designed, funded and made by RAWK members, to thank him for everything he's done in the fight for justice.

Absolutely perfect. Made me tear up a bit.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2022, 01:39:33 pm »

outstanding and thoroughly deserved
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2022, 01:53:51 pm »
That's special that is & thoroughly deserved.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2022, 02:18:18 pm »
Very moving. Thank you, Phil.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2022, 06:09:47 am »
A great tribute. Well done to all involved
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2022, 10:28:11 am »
The actual moment in the Albert pub, Lark Lane when Jim gave it him. It was a privilege to be there.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2022, 10:38:55 am »
The '96' is a badge Phil was wearing when the photo on the flag was taken. Jim wants to try to change it but I don't think it needs to be, it represents the era Phil campaigned tirelessly.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2022, 11:01:17 am »
The actual moment in the Albert pub, Lark Lane when Jim gave it him. It was a privilege to be there.

That is some photo and great to see the emotion there beaming from Phil Scraton. Absolutely love it and well in to everyone involved. Looking forward to seeing that being proudly displayed in the ground.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 11:02:56 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576