Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 754671 times)

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3120 on: September 15, 2019, 07:20:21 pm »
He used to give the ball away cheaply before his injury. That's just part of his game. He was on good form before he got injured but I think people have formed an unrealistic view of the player he is while he's been out injured. He had plenty of stinkers for us in his first season. But he brings qualities to our midfield others don't so he will be valuable.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3121 on: September 15, 2019, 08:36:53 pm »
He used to give the ball away cheaply before his injury. That's just part of his game. He was on good form before he got injured but I think people have formed an unrealistic view of the player he is while he's been out injured. He had plenty of stinkers for us in his first season. But he brings qualities to our midfield others don't so he will be valuable.
I think that's the case all the time with long term injuries. Of course he's a great player and almost certainly the best attacking midfielder in the squad but he's not perfect. I think he'll have a huge impact when he gets a good run of games though.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3122 on: September 15, 2019, 08:44:06 pm »
Just a couple of times we saw glimpses of that acceleration that allows him to get away from his marker and create an opportunity for a key pass or shot on goal. He's obviously not at his best but he's not had a lot of competitive minutes. Get 10 games under his belt and we'll see the best of him again.

Luckily the first 10 games don't count.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #3123 on: September 15, 2019, 09:19:34 pm »
He didn't stand out much but he'll need to gradually build confidence. I don't think he's quite ready for facing the biggest teams yet, but he's an option for these kinds of games and hopefully in a couple of months he'll hit his stride properly. Considering the injury he's had, the level he's at right now, squad player who does a job, is definitely a very good outcome once it emerged how serious his particular ACL tear actually was. Hopefully the four games against Salzburg and Genk along with League Cup games and teams on the bottom half will be very good opportunities for him to shine and build confidence until he's ready to be back to spring 2018 form.
Linudden.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3124 on: September 15, 2019, 10:15:23 pm »
I think there was so shortage of confidence from him or from Klopp about him, which is really great. He just need match fitness.

I believe if we had him last season, maybe we could turn one of those draws into wins. He is quite a special player. One that is so different from anyone we have.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3125 on: September 15, 2019, 10:34:45 pm »
There was a nice moment in the first half when he received the ball and did a nice little jink to change direction slightly and then fired the afterburners and was off. I think it ended with a shot just wide of goal
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3126 on: September 15, 2019, 10:48:54 pm »
There was also a 30 second period in the second half where he had 2-3 changes of directions really quickly. Nothing came of it, but he'll be glad to know his knee stood up to the redirect and pressure either way.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3127 on: September 15, 2019, 11:06:40 pm »
He was sloppy on the ball but his best bits of play came when he ran with the ball. Surely with the injury he had we would rather he illustrated the latter right now than the former.

We’d rather he run with the ball instead of being sloppy on it...? Yeah solid call.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3128 on: September 15, 2019, 11:17:33 pm »
Like I said before, weird that people are so focused on the small number of negatives from his performance. He had a better passing completion than every other starter except VVD Gini and Adrian (Origi had 100% out of his 5 passes too..)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3129 on: September 16, 2019, 07:24:13 am »
We’d rather he run with the ball instead of being sloppy on it...? Yeah solid call.

Ha, yes what I meant to say (but terribly explained) was that I would rather see his ability to run with the ball be illustrated now rather than his passing. I would be more worried about him if his movement looked hindered compared to his sloppy passing.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3130 on: September 16, 2019, 10:44:42 am »
Like I said before, weird that people are so focused on the small number of negatives from his performance. He had a better passing completion than every other starter except VVD Gini and Adrian (Origi had 100% out of his 5 passes too..)

I’m not sure there’s even one post since Saturday that isn’t praising him  ???
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3131 on: September 16, 2019, 12:52:39 pm »
I’m not sure there’s even one post since Saturday that isn’t praising him  ???
I don't think I said people weren't praising him. Did I?

In that post you quoted I talked about people focusing on a small number of negatives. Am I going mad?

Bit sloppy today
The skills are there, the ideas are there, he just has to connect better with the team.
Seemed like gave away the ball easily a couple of times
Yes he was sloppy in possession at times,
A bit sloppy at times but just great to gave him back and his touch will improve.
Its strange, he made lots of mistakes yesterday but it still felt like a good performance.
I thought he did OK but gave the ball away/couple of misplaced passes,
He was sloppy on the ball but his best bits of play came when he ran with the ball.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3132 on: September 16, 2019, 04:15:00 pm »
I don't think I said people weren't praising him. Did I?

In that post you quoted I talked about people focusing on a small number of negatives. Am I going mad?

Decent chance, yeah. The posts you quoted almost exclusively praising him, how good it is to see him back....but was a little bit sloppy at times, which is understandable and fine. That’s not ‘focusing on negatives’ with respect. Think that one needs a good solid VAR check ;)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3133 on: September 16, 2019, 05:42:40 pm »
It’s like he’s starting again..

Who knew it would take time eh?

Amazing that he is running with that injury let alone playing top flight professional football.  Let’s hope he can get that few % edge back.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3134 on: September 16, 2019, 07:58:39 pm »
He still has his burst of pace and energy. That's the main thing.

His touch, passing, shooting etc will come back with the more games he plays.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3135 on: September 16, 2019, 08:08:08 pm »
Still getting back to match fitness, played some nice through balls and was reasonably sharp. Think his workrate is still a bit off of what it was when he got injured, but that'll come back with time. Once Naby comes back, we'll have a genuine problem of plenty!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3136 on: September 16, 2019, 10:03:15 pm »
Decent chance, yeah. The posts you quoted almost exclusively praising him, how good it is to see him back....but was a little bit sloppy at times, which is understandable and fine. That’s not ‘focusing on negatives’ with respect. Think that one needs a good solid VAR check ;)

The checks been made and it turns out I was right ;)

It was just a little post to point out that despite the perceptions, relatively speaking, he wasn't as sloppy with his passing as was being suggested.

Haven't seen any posts suggesting Fabinho was loose or sloppy, for example, and his passing had a lower success rate.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3137 on: September 17, 2019, 10:59:45 am »
He didn't stand out much but he'll need to gradually build confidence. I don't think he's quite ready for facing the biggest teams yet, but he's an option for these kinds of games and hopefully in a couple of months he'll hit his stride properly. Considering the injury he's had, the level he's at right now, squad player who does a job, is definitely a very good outcome once it emerged how serious his particular ACL tear actually was. Hopefully the four games against Salzburg and Genk along with League Cup games and teams on the bottom half will be very good opportunities for him to shine and build confidence until he's ready to be back to spring 2018 form.

He needs minutes under his belt, and he needs to make the most of the opportunities he gets. I think playing against the likes of Newcastle, MK Dons etc will just let him get that confidence in his body back. We can't expect him to be a world beater straight away. He certainly has that edge, and that raw power and acceleration doesn't seem to have gone which is great.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3138 on: September 17, 2019, 11:11:44 am »
I would go old school with him and let him have a few 90min games in the under 23's.
Would do the same with Keita when he is coming back also

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3139 on: September 17, 2019, 11:49:11 am »
Under 23 games won't provide the necessary intensity he needs to get back up to full fitness, they would be a complete waste of time.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3140 on: September 17, 2019, 12:12:02 pm »
I would go old school with him and let him have a few 90min games in the under 23's.
Would do the same with Keita when he is coming back also

Why? He's playing well and contributing at PL level, and his sharpness won't improve playing in basically non-competitive football. He will no doubt get higher intensity workout as a useful sub and occasional starter in our games (and likely as a starter in the league cup next week).

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3141 on: September 17, 2019, 12:21:52 pm »
Surprised with the suggestions that he isn't looking sharp. He may not be 100% but be certainly doesn't look like someone who hasn't played competitive football for well over a year. He's certainly at a level where he can play PL and CL football.

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3142 on: September 17, 2019, 01:14:11 pm »
Ox is pretty much in the first-team midfield mix, even ahead of Milner. I think his competitive minutes are being managed well.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3143 on: September 23, 2019, 12:43:59 pm »
Need to see a clip of his reaction on the bench when Trent scored.  Had a really smug look on his face.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3144 on: September 24, 2019, 12:04:05 am »
Need to see a clip of his reaction on the bench when Trent scored.  Had a really smug look on his face.

Haha yes saw that

Loved it

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3145 on: September 24, 2019, 12:11:54 am »

WEnt to look for this. It's towards the end here
https://streamable.com/n1hn8

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3146 on: October 21, 2019, 08:49:49 am »
Surprised I had to go so far back to find this thread. He was decent yesterday and still our best long distance shooter by some margin. Hopefully these little cameos mean he’s ready for the hectic December period.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3147 on: October 21, 2019, 08:50:36 am »
If that left-footed shot by him went in.....
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3148 on: October 21, 2019, 08:52:33 am »
If that left-footed shot by him went in.....
Euphoria

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3149 on: October 21, 2019, 08:54:05 am »
Just seen the video of him trolling Utd fans who were giving him abuse. Went up to them and offered fist bumps with a big grin on his face. Love the guy.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #3150 on: October 21, 2019, 11:07:17 am »
Wish that effort had gone in, he would deserve it, glad to see him on

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3151 on: October 21, 2019, 11:24:50 am »
Think he's close to being back to his best. Needs a run of games now.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3152 on: October 21, 2019, 11:33:15 am »
Think he's close to being back to his best. Needs a run of games now.
Can you change your signature to Liverpool 6-1 London? Cheers :)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3153 on: October 21, 2019, 11:35:33 am »
Wish that effort had gone in, he would deserve it, glad to see him on

Like the way he can create something out of nothing.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3154 on: October 21, 2019, 12:02:14 pm »
Can you change your signature to Liverpool 6-1 London? Cheers :)

Haha will change it now.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3155 on: October 21, 2019, 12:05:11 pm »
Haha will change it now.
Nice one mate.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3156 on: October 21, 2019, 08:12:24 pm »
Anyone got that Ox gif offering the fist bump to the Mancs? That I can save to my phone...

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3157 on: October 21, 2019, 09:37:14 pm »
Would have gone completely metal if his last minute shot went it..
Believer

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3158 on: October 21, 2019, 09:43:51 pm »
He looked sharp but he should have made that pass to Trent.

Offline Red an White Tea Party

• Anny Roader
  • How d'ya like them Onions barca?
« Reply #3159 on: October 23, 2019, 09:18:41 pm »
Ooh Yes!!
If you ask Smalling and Brown if they'd rather play Suarez or Carroll, they'd say Suarez all day long, because he's not going to bully them or run in behind them.