Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2596502 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #6440 on: October 18, 2017, 09:56:40 am »
Every Spurs player out there was superb but special mention to Harry Winks.

I think England have their very own Modric type player coming through. To be just 21, playing CL games away to Madrid in CM versus Modric (who has been the best CM in the world since his Spurs days), Kroos and Isco and not look out of place, is remarkable.

He doesn't give the ball away, always looks to play forward and positive,his passing stats last night

Passing accuracy full-time update: Luka Modric: 87.7% Harry Winks 90.9%

He's the continental type passing possession based central midfielder England have craved for years. Many Spurs fans put a bet on Winks going to the world cup last year, at 15-1....I think it's a guarantee injury permitting.

:lmao

Harry Winks : Modric

Behave. Jay Spearing looked class in Madrid too mate.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6441 on: October 18, 2017, 10:02:09 am »

I think England have their very own Modric type player coming through. To be just 21, playing CL games away to Madrid in CM versus Modric (who has been the best CM in the world since his Spurs days), Kroos and Isco and not look out of place, is remarkable.

He doesn't give the ball away, always looks to play forward and positive,his passing stats last night

He's the continental type passing possession based central midfielder England have craved for years. Many Spurs fans put a bet on Winks going to the world cup last year, at 15-1....I think it's a guarantee injury permitting.
Lolz.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Block 203

• Yawn! Tedium anyone
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6442 on: October 18, 2017, 10:21:56 am »

Winks is brilliant, I wish he was ours. He's gonna be a star

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #6443 on: October 18, 2017, 10:28:02 am »

Seeing as Modric played at Spurs for four years, I am well placed to make the comparison. Whether Winks will ever make it to the very top of the game like Modric is impossible to say.

What I will say though is at 21 Modric certainly wasn't playing at the top of PL football and in the CL against the european champions like Winks is.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:27:31 am by Primativ »

Online Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6444 on: October 18, 2017, 10:39:55 am »
Winks is quality.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6445 on: October 18, 2017, 11:03:47 am »
Harry Winks might be the best English talent since English talent was invented.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6446 on: October 18, 2017, 11:05:57 am »
I'm old enough to remember Wilshere's performance against Barcelona - one good game against top opposition doesn't guarantee anything.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6447 on: October 18, 2017, 11:32:22 am »
Amazing the hype over a draw away against a early season Real Madrid in the group stages where Lloris from what i've read pulled off quite a few saves to keep them in the game.

In the knockout stages this Real Madrid team is a different animal.

Last time i saw hype like this for such a performance away at a Spanish Giant was when Dynamo Kiev beat Barca 4-0 in the Nou Camp in the late 90's....That hype was justified.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6448 on: October 18, 2017, 11:46:22 am »
Some of you are childish to the point you can't see quality in oppositions players, every player is overhyped, then what about Woodburn and Trent Arnold?

In regards to Winks he does look very good composed intelligent, very neat sort of how i would imagine Brannagan to play like if he had fully blossomed.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6449 on: October 18, 2017, 11:48:43 am »
Some of you are childish to the point you can't see quality in oppositions players, every player is overhyped, then what about Woodburn and Trent Arnold?

In regards to Winks he does look very good composed intelligent, very neat sort of how i would imagine Brannagan to play like if he had fully blossomed.

To be fair you are as bad in the opposite way and seemingly worship every opposition player. We smack Maribor 7-0 and your only comment is to big up a Tottenham player  ;D

And now in the City thread wanking over Stones.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:52:12 am by pyroparty »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6450 on: October 18, 2017, 11:49:27 am »

True but we haven't compared Woodburn to Coutinho for example or TAA to Gareth Bale have we.

As that's what's just happened with Harry fucking Winks and Modric.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6451 on: October 18, 2017, 11:52:30 am »
To be fair you are as bad in the opposite way and seemingly worship every opposition player. We smack Maribor 7-0 and your only comment is to big up a Tottenham player  ;D

What opposition player do i worship? :D Strange.

The only time i even remember talking to you is in regards Suso a former LFC player who i had a fondness for partly because of that reason, in the same thread actually many have noted your peculiar bitterness.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:11:29 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6452 on: October 18, 2017, 12:04:07 pm »

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6453 on: October 18, 2017, 12:09:51 pm »
I'm old enough to remember Wilshere's performance against Barcelona - one good game against top opposition doesn't guarantee anything.

To be fair, Wilshere could easily have been so much more. A poor attitude and a poorer injury record meant that never happened.

What Primativ said sounds pretty hyperbolic and perhaps jumping the gun, he has only compared their style, not their quality. The fact is Winks was part of a midfield 2 with Sissoko of all players (who actually had a decent game himself) against Modric, Kroos, Casemiro and at time Isco. Obviously he wasn't up against the 3/4 of them all at once all the time, but he wasn't overawed, wasn't overrun and was actually pretty good.

If one of your academy products had put that performance in I'm sure you would all be happy and I wouldn't blame you, when TAA was playing well earlier this year I was in here commenting on how good he looked, I told my friend how good Kent (I am pretty sure it was Kent, the tricky winger?) looked when I happened to catch one of your preseason games. Football is football no matter who you support and there are few things as exciting as a promising young player, especially an academy product like Winks, TAA and Kent.

What's so bad about being excited about these players futures?
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #6454 on: October 18, 2017, 12:12:29 pm »

Gotta agree with you there. Pretty close, in my opinion anyway, but Xavi still edges for me. I think since Xavi finished up though Modric has definitely been alone at the top for central midfield.
We beat Real Madrid

• Kopite
« Reply #6455 on: October 18, 2017, 01:10:48 pm »
True but we haven't compared Woodburn to Coutinho for example or TAA to Gareth Bale have we.

As that's what's just happened with Harry fucking Winks and Modric.

Except I didn't did I. I compared their style of play...are you seriously that thick that you thought I was comparing the ability of Winks to Modric?!

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6456 on: October 18, 2017, 01:50:36 pm »
Gotta agree with you there. Pretty close, in my opinion anyway, but Xavi still edges for me. I think since Xavi finished up though Modric has definitely been alone at the top for central midfield.

Yeah Modric is brilliant and, as you say, probably the best post Xavi CM. There does seem to be a dearth of brilliant CMs at the moment though compared to, say, 15 years ago where it'd probably be fair to say he'd be below the likes of Gerrard, Keane, Vieira, Scholes, Fat Frank, Ballack, Pirlo, etc. Great fucking player though.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6457 on: October 18, 2017, 02:07:57 pm »
Except I didn't did I. I compared their style of play...are you seriously that thick that you thought I was comparing the ability of Winks to Modric?!

your username is very apt.

Good cover up mate.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #6458 on: October 18, 2017, 02:09:25 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6459 on: October 18, 2017, 02:13:03 pm »

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6460 on: October 18, 2017, 02:17:25 pm »

Very very true.

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• "Maybe tomorrow, I’ll find what I call home. Until tomorrow, you know I’m free to roam."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #6461 on: October 18, 2017, 03:31:06 pm »
As always, spurs fans have to justify having a young player who actually excites them and looks like a real prospect.  If you want to see how bad it is just look at the threads about Harry Kane and 1 season wonder comments to see how hard it is for any spurs player to be accepted as anything better than average.  Harry still isn't the real deal to some Liverpool fans.

Anyhow, regarding winks, I mentioned a lot earlier in this thread that Winks will be modric'esq.  Its not the ability to pass the ball, although Henderson could do with a lesson or 2 on how to move the ball around quickly without trying gerrard type 30yd balls which gerrard was actually successful at.  Its the ability to maintain the movement of the ball quickly.  The turn while the ball is moving and immediate pass.  The way he nearly always turns into a forward facing position.  Its not the normal way of the English midfielder anymore.  Spurs have struggled with this for years.  A midfield that regurgitates possession time after time but all they achieve is letting the opposition to regain their shape.  Dembele was the worst culprit until MP took him aside and changed his style to actually attack the opposition.

Winks is nowhere near knowing what he can become but he has basic instincts and the ability to back them up which point towards becoming top top notch.  Like it or not these were the same kind of words (Different attributes) being directed at Kane from Spurs fans.

Now, lets discuss how amazing Sissoko is and can become a vital part of the Spurs squad :-)

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6462 on: October 18, 2017, 04:04:31 pm »
So then, is "We were in the lead for a bit in Madrid" going to replace  "Bale scored a hat-trick in the San Siro" as the their biggest European achievement, and the thing they bang on endlessly about?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #6463 on: October 18, 2017, 04:34:09 pm »
snip

Gotta be honest I can't remember ever seeing this Winks lad play but can't wait to see this Modric'esque fella on Sunday now...with all these glowing reports

sounds like quite a player. Don't get what Hendo had to do with anything but good for you guys....
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6464 on: October 18, 2017, 07:17:16 pm »

He's like a young Damien Plessis.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6465 on: October 18, 2017, 07:27:40 pm »
Are Primativ and Littlest Hobo the same person or are they simply posting from the same crib sheet?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #6466 on: October 18, 2017, 07:45:15 pm »
Winks is a decent young player with potential but does he need this overhyping at this stage of his development? In my opinion, Woodburh is a far better player right now but continues to develop quietly under Klopp, out of the limelight, playing for the u18's with the occasional cameo for the Taffs; thank God they didn't progress as The Prince of Wales would have carried the weight of a whole nation on his young shoulders at the world cup. Let Winks progress under a good coach who, hopefully, will protect him from the overblown hubris of English fans who are not worth a blow of a rag man's bugle tbf.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:54:59 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6467 on: October 18, 2017, 08:10:21 pm »
Spurs fans eh?  :o

They finally get a few good results in Europe and start with ridiculous player comparisons. They will probably turn on the kid when he has the inevitable dip in form all young midfielders have.

• Kopite
« Reply #6468 on: October 18, 2017, 08:14:26 pm »
Spurs fans eh?  :o

They finally get a few good results in Europe and start with ridiculous player comparisons. They will probably turn on the kid when he has the inevitable dip in form all young midfielders have.

Because Liverpool fans never do that right  :butt

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6469 on: October 18, 2017, 08:15:40 pm »
Because Liverpool fans never do that right  :butt

To be fair our good results in Europe turn out to be pretty darn spectacular. It's why Djimi Traore outshone Maldini.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6470 on: October 18, 2017, 08:20:53 pm »
Fair play to Spurs, their fans have got a lot to crow about. 3 years of continuous improvement, seemingly overcoming their European hoodoo with 2 brilliant results, the best striker in the world (in my opinion - some say it's Lewa, but it's splitting hairs). I'd be delighted too. Re: the Winks comparisons, I've barely seen him so can't comment in this specific case, but sometimes you can just tell when a kid will be special - I knew it with Stevie - maybe they're seeing signs from Winks that he's got that X factor.

Online JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6471 on: October 18, 2017, 08:28:08 pm »
After 08/09 and 13/14, we've learnt the hard way that you've simply got to win the league whilst the world class players are with you. At least Rafa won the CL, so we have that as an antidote to CL 07 and the near misses. This is Spurs' purple patch, they have an excellent team and a great manager - but they need to win something before it ends: as happened with us, the best players move on and it just gets harder and harder.

They'll look back on these years for decades if they don't make hay.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:30:20 pm by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6472 on: October 18, 2017, 11:31:50 pm »
Think Primativ is being a bit one eyed over Winks.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #6473 on: October 19, 2017, 04:37:39 am »
You would have thought they beat Madrid 4-0 last night given the reaction from their fans and the press. Yeah, absolutely it was a perfectly good result but they had Lloris to thank for stopping Madrid scoring 3 or 4. Did they demonstrate that they are a threat against the best sides in Europe? Yes, but I think most knew that already. But being a threat and winning trophies are different things.

They have somehow overtaken Everton in being the best side at winning things who don't actually win things. It is astonishing really.

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #6474 on: October 19, 2017, 06:13:54 am »
I think Primativ is being misrepresented here, although he does chat shite from time to time :D

He only compared Winks as a Modric-TYPE of player. This does my head in really, whenever somebody compares styles of play, they are not inferring comparable quality. So this whole strawman of "What? Winks=Modric?!!! LOL U MAD?" doesn't really offer much meaningful discussion.

For what it's worth, I thought he was neat and tidy, good on the half-turn, much like our own Woodburn (who some have observed can be a Lallana/Coutinho TYPE of player who can break lines). It will be interesting to see how Winks does against our counter-press this weekend.
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6475 on: October 19, 2017, 08:32:47 am »
I think Primativ is being misrepresented here, although he does chat shite from time to time :D

He only compared Winks as a Modric-TYPE of player. This does my head in really, whenever somebody compares styles of play, they are not inferring comparable quality. So this whole strawman of "What? Winks=Modric?!!! LOL U MAD?" doesn't really offer much meaningful discussion.

For what it's worth, I thought he was neat and tidy, good on the half-turn, much like our own Woodburn (who some have observed can be a Lallana/Coutinho TYPE of player who can break lines). It will be interesting to see how Winks does against our counter-press this weekend.

I was just making a bad joke. But that kind of arguments can be frustrating, like when Gerrard apparently said Joe Cole was a better player than Messi when he was saying he can do better tricks than or him or something equally spurious.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6476 on: October 19, 2017, 08:52:21 am »
He probably didn't intend to, but his whole post was comparing the two. Comparing the type of player they are, comparing their stats, comparing their performance.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6477 on: October 19, 2017, 09:35:37 am »
Think Primativ is being a bit one eyed over Winks.

Took me 3 reads to clock this. :D

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #6478 on: October 19, 2017, 11:32:44 am »
Against Dortmund and RM we played more on the counter, it appeared to be a tactical shift from Poch.  I think this is largely due to our performance against you, Man City away last year and City in a pre season where if we face a team that presses us we come unstuck.

I am guessing we will set up in a similar way as Dortmund and try and catch you on the break, first goal will be very important.  I also would not be surprised if we set up with a 4-4-1-1 to try and cope with Salah's pace on the wing rather than our standard 5-2-3-1.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6479 on: October 19, 2017, 11:45:36 am »
Who would you expect to play across the four in midfield?  Does, I'm assuming Delle alle drop back and help out defensively? Otherwise it would be 2 vs 3 in the middle which would suit us just fine.