Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1064646 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #11520 on: May 17, 2020, 05:39:42 pm »
Nice and easy from Lewandowski 1-0
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11521 on: May 17, 2020, 05:48:20 pm »
Surprised to learn that fact and a real strange one that. I've just checked where the stadium is and realised that for a month in 2002 I lived and worked near their ground. Kopenik is well inside the old East Berlin

Bet you enjoyed the beer when you lived there. ;D
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11522 on: May 17, 2020, 05:52:53 pm »
Bet you enjoyed the beer when you lived there. ;D

All paid for by work too, I put over a stone on. With the beer and the currywurst from the Imbis I had no chance ;D

What did annoy me was the hotel switched to the autumn menu 2 days before I left, started serving boar from the black forest, deer, rabbit etc, I was gutted to miss out on that.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11523 on: May 17, 2020, 05:52:53 pm »
I live in Köpenick, around 15 min walk from the Alte Försterei stadium. Will happily attest to the quality of beer. There's a brewery on the marketplace which is, according to them, the smallest brewery in Germany. Does a cracking Helles and IPA.
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11524 on: May 17, 2020, 05:56:09 pm »
I live in Köpenick, around 15 min walk from the Alte Försterei stadium. Will happily attest to the quality of beer. There's a brewery on the marketplace which is, according to them, the smallest brewery in Germany. Does a cracking Helles and IPA.

I stayed in the Marriott and used to sit on the banks of the Spree doing some work, watching the rowers go by. The MD lived over near Schonefeld and took me out a few times, went to a lovely place right on a river, first time I had proper Czech Budweiser.

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11525 on: May 17, 2020, 05:59:06 pm »
I stayed in the Marriott and used to sit on the banks of the Spree doing some work, watching the rowers go by. The MD lived over near Schonefeld and took me out a few times, went to a lovely place right on a river, first time I had proper Czech Budweiser.

On the Spree or the Dahme? Know a few decent bars along the river, but not sure which serve Budvar.

What's tomato with you?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11526 on: May 17, 2020, 06:29:49 pm »
Hence, why I've never understood the argument that this league is boring. Take Bayern out of the equation and it truly is a competitive league where any big team is capable of going down as Stuttgart, HSV and Kaiserlautern have shown in recent years. Then you have Ingolstadt. Playing in the Bayernliga in 05/06, they finished 11th in the Bundesliga in 15/16 and are now are in Bundesliga 3
yeah it’s pretty interesting what can happen, some small clubs like union can get up, Mainz from memory are quite a small club yet established themselves over the years as a solid bundesliga club yet you have teams that challenge for the CL one year end up in relegation scraps (from memory leverkusen a few years ago) - the predictable shouts are largely because the title is a one horse race most seasons (although dortmund should have won it last year)

Back to kaiserlautern, guess they make sunderland fans feel good as it could be so much worse

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11527 on: May 17, 2020, 06:40:45 pm »
2-0 Bayern
#Sausages

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11528 on: May 17, 2020, 06:40:57 pm »
2-0 Bayern. Took long enough.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11529 on: May 17, 2020, 06:43:05 pm »
Day 2 and the players are making more contact when celebrating. By the time we beat City to seal the title Jurgen will be able to jump on Becker again.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11530 on: May 17, 2020, 06:43:30 pm »
A nice pipe opener for Bayern. Union Berlin have nothing to hurt them with.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #11531 on: May 17, 2020, 06:43:49 pm »
bayern just doing enough, solid and unspectacular, but job done.

This has been the only dull game of the five i have watched this weekend, so that is all good with me  :D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11532 on: May 17, 2020, 06:45:14 pm »
Hence, why I've never understood the argument that this league is boring. Take Bayern out of the equation and it truly is a competitive league where any big team is capable of going down as Stuttgart, HSV and Kaiserlautern have shown in recent years. Then you have Ingolstadt. Playing in the Bayernliga in 05/06, they finished 11th in the Bundesliga in 15/16 and are now are in Bundesliga 3

Agreed, you have Bremen in relegation zone, & only just scrapped to safety on the last day last season, the Bundesliga is a decent league, anyone can beat anyone else, & matches are often end to end.
#Sausages

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11533 on: May 17, 2020, 06:50:32 pm »
such a shame seeing Cuisance waste his career at Bayern.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11534 on: May 17, 2020, 06:54:14 pm »

He belongs in that category of player that they seem to sign with the intention of loaning out and making a small profit on

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11535 on: May 17, 2020, 06:54:59 pm »
On the Spree or the Dahme? Know a few decent bars along the river, but not sure which serve Budvar.

Looking at a Berlin map I'm almost certain it was the Dahme. I remember was it was a lovely place with a beer garden right beside a river. It was September and the weather was lovely, dead warm. The MD had a white Audi 80, sport quattro or something like that and when he picked me up one Monday it was black with mosquitos.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11536 on: May 17, 2020, 06:56:54 pm »
Over to ITV4 now for England vs Scotland from Euro 96 revisited.
#Sausages

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11537 on: May 17, 2020, 07:02:15 pm »
He belongs in that category of player that they seem to sign with the intention of loaning out and making a small profit on

Yeah probably!

Shame he spat his dummy out at Gladbach. Such a promising player. He surely has to go on loan next season, he's at an age now where he will need to start getting minutes at this level, not sitting getting splinters in his arse, and getting the odd 10 minutes every 3 or 4 games.

Offline penfold102

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11538 on: May 17, 2020, 08:49:43 pm »
Looking at a Berlin map I'm almost certain it was the Dahme. I remember was it was a lovely place with a beer garden right beside a river. It was September and the weather was lovely, dead warm. The MD had a white Audi 80, sport quattro or something like that and when he picked me up one Monday it was black with mosquitos.

There are some quality beer gardens along the Dahme, mixed in with the nudist beaches!

Have to say, felt very strange not hearing the Union fans from my garden. They’re a mad old bunch and the noise from the stadium always sounds amazing but this was eerie.

Better than no footie however. Roll on tomorrow (praying for a Bremen win)

What's tomato with you?

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #11539 on: May 18, 2020, 03:58:32 am »
Yeah probably!

Shame he spat his dummy out at Gladbach. Such a promising player. He surely has to go on loan next season, he's at an age now where he will need to start getting minutes at this level, not sitting getting splinters in his arse, and getting the odd 10 minutes every 3 or 4 games.
Same with guys like Fiete Arp and Luka Jovic. I see that Haaland is linked with Real Madrid and I hope for his sake that he stays with Dortmund for at least 2 seasons. Wherever Sancho is going next, he's not sitting on the bench.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11540 on: May 18, 2020, 11:48:05 am »

He could have been a standout player in the M'Gladbach team currently making an unexpected title bid. An example of a player who should've been a little bit more patient before chasing that move to a big club.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11541 on: May 18, 2020, 01:45:28 pm »
Just been reading a report today confirming that the lack of crowd meant the referees' decisions were much less weighted towards the home teams as would be expected. Also less yellow cards and more leniency on tackles due to lack of crowd pressure.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11542 on: May 18, 2020, 01:55:26 pm »
Just been reading a report today confirming that the lack of crowd meant the referees' decisions were much less weighted towards the home teams as would be expected. Also less yellow cards and more leniency on tackles due to lack of crowd pressure.

and the actual time the ball in play was longer too because of it. So these players, having less match fitness as it was - had to play more football than usual  :P

Bundesliga genearlly has far less play acting and diving than La Liga and the PL for instance, but it was still noticable the lack of flashpoints, yes a few, but over in seconds. Plus refs where really trying to let things flow, but again, that's generally easier in a league that doesn't have as many players who spend half the time diving around feigning injury  ;D

But I'm sure it'd be noticeable here in the PL too. There would be something even more pathetic about seeing the likes of Sterling and Kane diving all over the place and complaining every few minutes, without any noise to drown out their crying.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11543 on: May 18, 2020, 02:21:05 pm »

Bundesliga genearlly has far less play acting and diving than La Liga and the PL for instance,

Still amazes me that this is the case, in the 80s and 90s, the West German players, internationally in particular but for their clubs, also, were notorious divers...

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11544 on: May 18, 2020, 02:22:25 pm »
Still amazes me that this is the case, in the 80s and 90s, the West German players, internationally in particular but for their clubs, also, were notorious divers...

yeah, true  :D Still a few of course, Timo Werner being the most obvious these days! But in general, it's nowhere near as bad as some other leagues.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11545 on: May 18, 2020, 06:38:30 pm »
Teams for Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen:

Werder Bremen:
Pavlenka – Veljkovic, Vogt, Moisander – Bargfrede – Gebre Selassie, M. Eggestein, Bittencourt, Friedl – Selke, Rashica

Bayer Leverkusen:
Hradecky – Weiser, S. Bender, Tapsoba, Sinkgraven – Demirbay, Aranguiz – Wirtz, Amiri, Diaby – Havertz

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11546 on: May 18, 2020, 07:24:34 pm »
Interesting lineup and bench for Leverkusen

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11547 on: May 18, 2020, 07:27:24 pm »
Very odd selection. Maybe these are just the fittest players because they're certainly not the best.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11548 on: May 18, 2020, 07:28:39 pm »
Very odd selection. Maybe these are just the fittest players because they're certainly not the best.

Think this will be the case. It was also evident in the Dortmund game

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11549 on: May 18, 2020, 07:45:18 pm »
Come Ed Leverkusen!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11550 on: May 18, 2020, 07:58:48 pm »
Havertz makes it 1-0

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11551 on: May 18, 2020, 07:58:56 pm »
Bremen 0 - Leverkusen 1

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11552 on: May 18, 2020, 08:01:10 pm »
1-1

Good game this

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11553 on: May 18, 2020, 08:01:17 pm »
1-1 (Selassie) Game opening up now

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11554 on: May 18, 2020, 08:04:15 pm »
2-1 to Bayer Leverkusen

GOALS! GOALS! GOALS!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11555 on: May 18, 2020, 08:04:20 pm »
Brilliant goal by Havertz 2-1

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11556 on: May 18, 2020, 08:04:41 pm »
Goal fest at the mo, 2-1 to Leverkusen
#Sausages

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #11557 on: May 18, 2020, 08:06:21 pm »
First time watching Havertz play. Does he always play forward? Thought he was an attacking mid.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11558 on: May 18, 2020, 08:06:50 pm »
First time watching Havertz play. Does he always play forward? Thought he was an attacking mid.

Tactical decision to play him upfront

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11559 on: May 18, 2020, 08:08:50 pm »
Havertz looks really good, considering he's not a number 9 and he's so young his goalscoring record is superb.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.