Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1309103 times)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #440 on: November 3, 2019, 06:13:26 am »
This “We Never Give Up” business. Can we get the players to say “We always have it sewn up by 25 minutes in”?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: November 3, 2019, 10:01:22 am »
Get to absolute fuck settling for a point before the game. That's the kind of feeble and insipid mentality that cost us the league last year. It's staggering that some people still can't grasp that how Liverpool fare against City is going to be decisive in terms of the title race.

Smash them and go 9 clear, or open yourself to the possibility of being left adrift chewing off your fingernails hoping they drop points against someone in the new year.

We've got a terrible winter schedule because of the arse-ridden competition in Qatar. We are bound to drop points against someone later. So save ourselves the grief and play like champions next weekend.

Feeble mentality?! We got 97 points and won the european cup :lmao

Jesus Christ.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: November 3, 2019, 10:25:58 am »
The bald fraud is shit at mind games, he can't do them. Most of the time he shits himself and storms off in a huff when things don't go his way.

We're going to war next week. By the time this day next week rolls around we'll be ready to rip the heads off the c*nts. We were too soft with them last season.

No laughing and hugging in the tunnel either. It should be treated like a champions league semi final, bus greeting included.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #443 on: November 3, 2019, 10:28:52 am »
No it shouldn’t. No bus greetings they r not worth the effort. Total ignorance is the order of the day.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #444 on: November 3, 2019, 10:32:15 am »
Delays permitting, I'm going to be on a plane back from Scotland when the 2nd half is underway next week. That is going to be a seriously tense flight!

Let's just hope we're 4-0 up at half time so I can relax.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: November 3, 2019, 10:34:49 am »
No it shouldn’t. No bus greetings they r not worth the effort. Total ignorance is the order of the day.

Exactly. Theyre a plastic club who are trying to create a rivalry with us. Don't give them the satisfaction.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: November 3, 2019, 10:35:03 am »

I'm not talking about for those c*nt. I'm talking about for our own players. You can see from their social media posts that the players put out that it genuinely gives them a lift. They enter the stadium feeling unbeatable.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck what happens to the mancs. 3 points next week no matter what, is all that matters.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: November 3, 2019, 10:38:03 am »
Anfield will be a fucking bear pit next Sunday.

No need to fucking worry about that.

You don’t win leagues by November but you can lose them and if we beat City on Sunday then they’ll be well on their way to losing it.

I’ve never been more up for a match to be honest.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #448 on: November 3, 2019, 10:46:41 am »
Go all out for the win next week. If they win, we still have a lead and with tougher fixtures ahead for them. The risk/reward is worth gambling’s but I think. Last October was cagey and I understand why but I think we’ll roll the dice a bit more if we find ourselves in the same situation after an hour.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #449 on: November 3, 2019, 10:51:37 am »
I'm not talking about for those c*nt. I'm talking about for our own players. You can see from their social media posts that the players put out that it genuinely gives them a lift. They enter the stadium feeling unbeatable.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck what happens to the mancs. 3 points next week no matter what, is all that matters.
My bad. Treat our players as the hero’s they are
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #450 on: November 3, 2019, 10:59:09 am »
Looking forward to a relentless atmosphere on Sunday. Hope we're behind the boys till the very end no matter what and make life a living hell for those mancs in those 90 minutes.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #451 on: November 3, 2019, 11:17:21 am »
I think the league experience last year plus two years of champions league really has given this Liverpool team confidence.

Massive game next week.

There’s a scenario whereby we’re 9 points clear and they are in third place.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and a scenario where they beat us and it’s a 3 point gap is extremely probable too... but if it’s that third one... after the relatively easy games they’ve had YTD it puts us in a really strong position.
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: November 3, 2019, 11:51:42 am »
Yeah defo none of this draw bollocks, fair enough if that's how it pans out but get right after them, we are a better side and they look massively vulnerable and if we do win then I expect the lead to just get bigger and bigger over the coming months. Hopefully because he done the Utd game that rat Atkinson is nowhere near this or yeah, the lead is going down to 3.

Hopefully Oliver gets the game. Always fair.

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #453 on: November 3, 2019, 12:03:47 pm »
Get to absolute fuck settling for a point before the game. That's the kind of feeble and insipid mentality that cost us the league last year. It's staggering that some people still can't grasp that how Liverpool fare against City is going to be decisive in terms of the title race.

Smash them and go 9 clear, or open yourself to the possibility of being left adrift chewing off your fingernails hoping they drop points against someone in the new year.

We've got a terrible winter schedule because of the arse-ridden competition in Qatar. We are bound to drop points against someone later. So save ourselves the grief and play like champions next weekend.

For me Ox has to play from the start. His outside strikes change us. We are a different animal with the threat from the midfield. It just opens up opportunities for everyone else AND he has been improving each match he plays and is getting back to himself before the injury.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: November 3, 2019, 12:05:51 pm »
Let Guardiola at it, let's just fucking smash them next week.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: November 3, 2019, 12:06:52 pm »

Describing our mentality last year as "feeble" and "insipid" is an  absolute fucking disgrace.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: November 3, 2019, 12:11:23 pm »

:o :o

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: November 3, 2019, 12:17:46 pm »
We lose yesterday and City had the chance to go top with an Anfield win. Now they're scrabbling just to keep up.

I'll take a draw at their place if we're ahead, but at Anfield I want us to smash them.  I'm confident we'll see Barcelona levels of passion from the crowd. Not because City are our rivals  - merely because they are punks who made the mistake of standing in our way.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #458 on: November 3, 2019, 12:20:36 pm »
The lead plays into our hands as well. What does Pep do? Shut up shop and take a stalemate again, hoping to make up 7 points against *this* Liverpool? I'm not saying I'd take a draw right now but, fucking hell, 7 points clear going into the winter period wouldn't exactly be shit, would it?

I think another massive difference this time around is that a) we've overtaken them, were actually a better team now than they are and b) we believe it, too. Last season we handled the pressure brilliantly, but often looked like we were playing under a cloud. This season, I think we're actually enjoying the pressure. We've got the mentality of champions in waiting and it'll be the toughest fixture city have ever faced.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: November 3, 2019, 12:23:23 pm »
The lead plays into our hands as well. What does Pep do? Shut up shop and take a stalemate again, hoping to make up 7 points against *this* Liverpool? I'm not saying I'd take a draw right now but, fucking hell, 7 points clear going into the winter period wouldn't exactly be shit, would it?

I think another massive difference this time around is that a) we've overtaken them, were actually a better team now than they are and b) we believe it, too. Last season we handled the pressure brilliantly, but often looked like we were playing under a cloud. This season, I think we're actually enjoying the pressure. We've got the mentality of champions in waiting and it'll be the toughest fixture city have ever faced.

6 points lead. If we draw it's a point each  so the gap wont change.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: November 3, 2019, 12:27:04 pm »
Describing our mentality last year as "feeble" and "insipid" is an  absolute fucking disgrace.

Fucking state of some people. Players and management deserve nothing but admiration and you read nonsense like that
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: November 3, 2019, 12:41:26 pm »
6 points lead. If we draw it's a point each  so the gap wont change.

You have an excellent grasp of mathematics!

Having said that the deliberate interference by Atkinson yesterday makes every point vital. Now that it's been shown that VAR is corrupt I suspect we might have a hard time with the blokes at Stockley Park.

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #462 on: November 3, 2019, 12:41:57 pm »
It's a pleasure to hear other teams' fans hoping this LFC to hit a rough patch of games.
What if the team is going through it right now, or it's  been past allready?
What if we are on the up from now on, winning games easier?
That'd be fun.  :D

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #463 on: November 3, 2019, 12:48:14 pm »
I wouldn't use the words feeble or insipid, but we were bizarrely poor in both league games v City last year and stood off them far too much. Would like to see us playing our game, we've nothing to fear from them.  We didn't do that last year (yet, oddly, could've won both games - hey ho).
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #464 on: November 3, 2019, 12:55:31 pm »
Not a chance we'll play for a draw, we go out to win every game.

Having said that, if it does end in a draw, I suspect Jürgen will be much happier than Guardiola.

Win and we are in an incredible position, draw 6 points clear after 12 games and one City game done, we'd be happy with that too, even the unthinkable we are still 3 points clear, although that would give them some momentum
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: November 3, 2019, 12:58:32 pm »
You have an excellent grasp of mathematics!

Having said that the deliberate interference by Atkinson yesterday makes every point vital. Now that it's been shown that VAR is corrupt I suspect we might have a hard time with the blokes at Stockley Park.

If City win it wont be fairly,  but as we dont stoop to their level when it comes to trying to prejudice a ref, tactically fouling, diving, surrounding a ref or trying to get a man sent off, then we have to work all the harder for the win. We can't assume any decision will go our way sadly, even at Anfield.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: November 3, 2019, 01:31:56 pm »
Pep guardy has some deep lines on his forehead. It is like wolverine scratched his forehead.

And yes....he seems to be crumbling under pressure..... going after mane now. Klopp could easily go after sterling too as he has dived in loads of matches too..... but Klopp is too classy for that.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: November 3, 2019, 02:12:25 pm »
Exactly, Our only loss last season to them cost us the title. It's potentially a six point game and it only comes around twice a season. We win this one and they have to win twice and us lose twice to make up the ground.

It didn't. We still had a 4 point gap on them after they beat us.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #468 on: November 3, 2019, 02:29:14 pm »
If we scored one more goal in any game we didn’t win last season, or concede one less in any of them (bar any 0-0, obviously) we win the title last season. The city games were no more or less important than the others, all other things being equal. And that’s as it should be, they’re a nothing Club.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline billyliddell

• Boys Pen
« Reply #469 on: November 3, 2019, 04:55:28 pm »
We're living in his head, rent-free ;D

I can almost see Klopp on the pressconference fencing off Pep`s dive comment; "hahahahahaaaaaa, I believe we are in his head, Ja. Rentfree ja? Hahahahaha".

That mindgame for ya

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: November 3, 2019, 05:07:10 pm »
Next week is beyond massive - if we win pep should be more worried about Leicester and Chelsea than us.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: November 3, 2019, 05:13:47 pm »
Seem to see the line that our current form isn’t sustainable being trotted out a lot lately.

I’d argue that, much like last season, we’ve deserved every result we’ve got so far, and the fact that those results are 10 wins and a draw says a lot.

We haven’t blown away many teams but we do enough to win. Yes there’s been fortunate moments but for every fortunate moment you can point to an example which was extremely unlucky.

The thing with football and sports in general is that you only really remember statistics (who won and how much they won by) it tends to be forgotten how many times City won matches with late goals against teams they should be easily beating en route to that 100 point title win, I don’t have the stats to hand myself but it felt like it was almost weekly at one point.

People will say it’s lucky but it’s things like Andy Robertson celebrating an equaliser whilst running back to the half way line to try to get a winner that wins you fucking titles.

It’s not as if City are even playing particularly well either - it took an 86th minute goal from a full back for them to win, at home, against a team that got done 9-0 a week ago. Villa away is potentially tricky, Southampton at home in the current scenario should not be.

Up the fucking reds. Could not be happier at the minute and think we’re due to take someone apart imminently. Would fucking love it to be City.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #472 on: November 3, 2019, 05:17:17 pm »
I don’t think we’ve won by more than a goal in the league since Newcastle, and away from since Burnley. Not a bad thing though. We tend to improve in December and we’ve still been churning out the results. We’ve been at an incredible level for the last 50 games now (W41, D8, L1 I think!). 131 points out of 150.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: November 3, 2019, 05:23:01 pm »
I don’t think we’ve won by more than a goal in the league since Newcastle, and away from since Burnley. Not a bad thing though. We tend to improve in December and we’ve still been churning out the results. We’ve been at an incredible level for the last 50 games now (W41, D8, L1 I think!). 131 points out of 150.

It’s not a bad thing at all. Off the top of my head I’d argue we were pretty unlucky to only win by one against Leicester and Spurs.

Some of them were hard matches as well, the likes of Chelsea away etc.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #474 on: November 3, 2019, 05:26:36 pm »
Next week is beyond massive - if we win pep should be more worried about Leicester and Chelsea than us.
Why? They'd still qualify for the CL even in 4th place.

;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #475 on: November 3, 2019, 06:40:24 pm »
Let's trash Abu Dhabi FC 5-0, so we fix our goal difference!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #476 on: November 3, 2019, 06:47:42 pm »
Let's trash Abu Dhabi FC 5-0, so we fix our goal difference!

Haha...if only! It won't be 5-0, but I'm convinced we'll beat the cheats 3-0 to open up an incredible 9 point gap in Nov! Anfield will be fuckin rocking on the back of it, as much as the Barca 4-0 win.

Not nervous at all about this match, I can't wait.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: November 3, 2019, 06:49:03 pm »
Twitter rumours suggesting Martin Atkinson is our ref against city
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: November 3, 2019, 07:06:38 pm »
No, please.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: November 3, 2019, 07:10:27 pm »

He isn't getting that game after his performances this weekend
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT