Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 193426 times)

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Re: The Jordan Pickford appreciation thread
« Reply #1320 on: February 10, 2020, 10:24:21 pm »
- look at Gary Neville -

No thanks.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #1321 on: February 10, 2020, 10:32:50 pm »
"The Crystal Palace striker’s subsequent effort from point-blank range wasn’t the only thing Pickford got off his chest, as he decided to unburden himself during a post-match interview in which he explained how impervious he is to criticism, while simultaneously conveying the distinct impression that it actually bothers him quite a lot.

“I don’t let it affect me,” he said, before immediately contradicting himself. “But it does piss you off.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/10/the-fiver-jordan-pickford-everton-england-phil-neville
We are Liverpool!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: February 10, 2020, 10:43:50 pm »
I've never known the word "wanker" to suit a person more.  What a wanker.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1323 on: February 10, 2020, 11:00:09 pm »

nowhere near the best english goalie going into the euro's, he's been ok, he's been meh, now he's straight a liability and has been for some time, no way he should be getting number one spot in the national side
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1324 on: February 11, 2020, 01:35:23 am »
Much as I enjoy picking on T-Rex, I think he makes a good point about the media going after England players. Lee Dixon and Gary Neville have gone in hard on Trent over the last year. Much of it is due to jealousy, I feel: neither one of them was ever half the player Trent is... Not even quarter. And the kid’s only 21. Yeah, sure Trent isn’t the greatest defender in the world but the “can’t defend/can-be-got-at” narrative they’ve created and fed about the boy is way over the top.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1325 on: February 11, 2020, 02:52:19 am »
Neville literally said that Trent is one of the best attacking fullbacks he has ever seen,granted he said that he needed to work on his defending but that's what we all thought & the two most important people Jurgen and Trent will think the same.His defending has come on leaps and bounds since Neville made that comment as well btw.

Pickford should keep his gob shut and put as much effort into learning his craft as he does drinking and making a total twot of himself.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #1326 on: February 11, 2020, 03:25:28 am »
Neville literally said that Trent is one of the best attacking fullbacks he has ever seen,granted he said that he needed to work on his defending but that's what we all thought & the two most important people Jurgen and Trent will think the same.His defending has come on leaps and bounds since Neville made that comment as well btw.

Pickford should keep his gob shut and put as much effort into learning his craft as he does drinking and making a total twot of himself.

Liv-Man United match 3 weeks ago Neville was screaming his shitty little head off about how Gomez and Trent "can be got at"... it was the live commentary with Carragher and Martin Tyler where Carra couldn't get a word in.

Am not saying he never praises Trent or that Trent can't improve defensively. But it's with a forked tongue that Neville and Dixon praise Gomez and Trent.  They've been more relentless with their criticism than they've been generous with their praise, and they've both contributed to the narrative that Trent can't defend. He's often brilliant defensively save for a few one on one situations. The criticism is often over the top and the good defensive work completely ignored if there's even one minor error that doesn't even lead to a goal conceded.

No denying Pickford is being a gobshite too but I think he's right about Gary Neville.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:37:42 pm by Morgana »

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1327 on: February 11, 2020, 03:49:47 am »

An ironic moniker, considering the length of his arms.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #1328 on: February 11, 2020, 05:04:22 am »
From ESPN:

This season, only Kepa Arrizabalaga and Southampton's collective stoppers have a worse save percentage than Pickford.

All 3 keepers would struggle to save a word document
Klopp that!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1329 on: February 11, 2020, 11:21:19 am »

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1330 on: February 11, 2020, 11:30:49 am »
Chris Sutton weighing in now;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51452859

Pickford inviting himself more criticism for being a wanker.

He was rattled but went on with his own way of justification that he wasn't, only to convince people that his is indeed rattled.

This is a classic example of a wanker trying to play mind games only to hurt himself.

Southgate better drop him now before he cause more damage to himself and the team. The FA should announce tomorrow that Pickford is no longer considered for internationals so he could nurse his own ego back to health.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: February 11, 2020, 11:31:02 am »
Pickford is poor, the fact he is defended by Evertonians is brilliant.....be the first on my sheet of 'need to get rid of' players if i were their Director of Football.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1332 on: February 11, 2020, 11:31:51 am »
The biggest myth in football is he is good with the ball at his feet.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1333 on: February 11, 2020, 11:34:59 am »
His obsession with playing for England is part of his problem. He should concentrate on his club team first. Best thing for him would be to get dropped completely from the england set up, not that it will happen.

He has zero humility, which is also a massive problem. Yes you want golies to be confident, but it isnt confidence with him, it's absolute arrogance, and a failure to 'get' what everyone else sees. Sure, he's likely as thick as two short (armed) planks, but my god, someone needs to take a hold of him and tell him to tone down his horrendous attitude. The lad needs media training as much as he needs goalie training.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #1334 on: February 11, 2020, 11:55:17 am »
I've said before, he carries himself on the pitch with that same kind of arrogance that the likes of Kasper Schmeichel also does. The difference is that Schmeichel is a good goalie and does have a PL winners medal.

Pickford's career has literally been mostly about his making hilarious blunders and not about match-winning saves, brilliant performances in high profile european games or finals.

He's got absolutely nothing to be arrogant about. But he continues to be just that.

Perhaps if he stopped letting in laughable goals, making poor decisions, kicking the ball straight out of play from goal-kicks and shut his mouth a bit things might change.
FAME makes a man take things over

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1335 on: February 11, 2020, 12:04:00 pm »

Too easy.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1336 on: February 11, 2020, 12:10:28 pm »
Yeah he’s total shite. Adrian is a better keeper than him, if they had any sense they would of gone for him in the summer as he’d probably be their first choice over Pickford quite comfortably

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: February 11, 2020, 12:19:46 pm »

There was a moment at the weekend where the commentator said exactly that, was praising his distribution.  Then just as he finishes his sentence the ball goes back to Pickford and he hoofs it into touch ;D

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: February 11, 2020, 01:39:46 pm »
He's totally deluded isn't he. If anything, England players are overprotected. He just can't accept that he's getting criticism because he's been putting in shite performances. Say what you want about Neville but he's pretty fair in his judgement of players. I can't think of another England player who the media has 'gone for' like he is describing, except for Sterling but that was a different scenario.

Like others have said already, his attitude is awful and I can see him falling out of favour. It should start with losing his place in the England team for Henderson or Pope. They're far better, and the former in particular deserves it after a solid season.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: February 11, 2020, 02:37:18 pm »
Pickford inviting himself more criticism for being a wanker.

He was rattled but went on with his own way of justification that he wasn't, only to convince people that his is indeed rattled.

This is a classic example of a wanker trying to play mind games only to hurt himself.

Southgate better drop him now before he cause more damage to himself and the team. The FA should announce tomorrow that Pickford is no longer considered for internationals so he could nurse his own ego back to health.

He outwanked himself. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: February 11, 2020, 02:38:44 pm »
He's totally deluded isn't he. If anything, England players are overprotected. He just can't accept that he's getting criticism because he's been putting in shite performances. Say what you want about Neville but he's pretty fair in his judgement of players. I can't think of another England player who the media has 'gone for' like he is describing, except for Sterling but that was a different scenario.

Like others have said already, his attitude is awful and I can see him falling out of favour. It should start with losing his place in the England team for Henderson or Pope. They're far better, and the former in particular deserves it after a solid season.

I don't really follow the media, but wasn't there a bit of a hoo-ha over Gomez after Sterling went for him?  Who came off worst from that in the coverage?

Popcorn's Art

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #1341 on: February 11, 2020, 02:58:57 pm »
Chris Sutton weighing in now;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51452859

What gets me is that this forum and social media in general have been highlighting his deficiencies since this past fall. Also anyone with 2 eyes could see Henderson was far superior. Why is the English media so late to the party? Only because now the statistics prove it?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: February 11, 2020, 04:18:46 pm »
I don't really follow the media, but wasn't there a bit of a hoo-ha over Gomez after Sterling went for him?  Who came off worst from that in the coverage?
Not really. If I recall, the criticism of Gomez was driven by England fans, fuelled by Sterling being a bit of a bellend on social media and not accepting responsibility. Gomez has been praised a fair bit recently because his performances have been consistently brilliant over the last few months.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1343 on: February 11, 2020, 04:38:54 pm »
Not really. If I recall, the criticism of Gomez was driven by England fans, fuelled by Sterling being a bit of a bellend on social media and not accepting responsibility. Gomez has been praised a fair bit recently because his performances have been consistently brilliant over the last few months.

Based on what you're saying it sounds like they would have loved to have gone for Joe if they could have, but his excellent form has precluded it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: February 11, 2020, 04:46:11 pm »
Still makes me laugh that his "best" moment for England was in the World Cup, in injury time in last 16 match, a genuinely excellent looking save, at full stretch away to his left, both feet off the ground, to tip the ball over.

...the only problem being that on the replay it was obvious the ball was going wide.

...and then Colombia equalised from the resulting corner!

Classic Pickford.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: February 11, 2020, 04:51:14 pm »
He outwanked himself. ;D

Come on man! I used the myth joke earlier. Lol.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: February 11, 2020, 05:08:08 pm »
It's beyond me how he is in England's squad, let alone the starter. Henderson, Pope and Foster are all miles better than him. Heaton too, were he not injured.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1347 on: February 11, 2020, 05:20:57 pm »
Nevermind Dean Henderson, Jordan Henderson is probably better, too.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: February 11, 2020, 05:31:22 pm »
The main defence I hear for him is that "he's never let England down", even though if his form continues he blatantly will let them down at the Euro's.

I suppose Germany had a similar situation whereby they refused to drop Neuer even though Ter Stegen is clearly better now.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: February 11, 2020, 06:03:37 pm »
Dont know how to embed as I’m as good at IT as Pickford is at being a goalie but....

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/uUeYaxD

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: February 11, 2020, 06:42:55 pm »

Come on man! I used the myth joke earlier. Lol.

Okay, okay. Underwanked then :D

Popcorn's Art

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #1351 on: February 11, 2020, 10:44:53 pm »
Jordan Pickshite could be a disaster for England at Euro 2020.   Imagine England playing Belgium and Divock comes on as a late sub to win the game.   Jordan will shit himself and turn to water.
Klopp that!

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #1352 on: February 12, 2020, 12:46:58 pm »
He often looks like a kid with ADHD flapping around, being hyperactive, doing stupid shit. Like saving shots that go a yard wide or more, accidentally jumping behind the goal line to make a save (my personal favourite!) or just needlessly punting a ball somewhere out of play because he REALLY wanted to kick it hard. He might be 25, but often acts as if he is barely a teenager. His weird thing with opposition supporters too, pulling faces and so on - what is he doing? I genuinely think he has problems to concentrate. Maybe meditation would be something good for him.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1353 on: February 12, 2020, 01:45:57 pm »
I'm just disappointed Man Utd didn't end up buying him

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: February 12, 2020, 01:58:25 pm »
I think it’s vital that he has a blinding Euros. Imagine the aftermath....big contract extension, maybe the dream Man U move, the cockiness would be immense. Next thing he’s facing his Belgian Nemesis and Divock destroys him again....imagine the fewm.....would be tragically immense!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1355 on: February 12, 2020, 03:01:30 pm »
He often looks like a kid with ADHD flapping around, being hyperactive, doing stupid shit. Like saving shots that go a yard wide or more, accidentally jumping behind the goal line to make a save (my personal favourite!) or just needlessly punting a ball somewhere out of play because he REALLY wanted to kick it hard. He might be 25, but often acts as if he is barely a teenager. His weird thing with opposition supporters too, pulling faces and so on - what is he doing? I genuinely think he has problems to concentrate. Maybe meditation would be something good for him.

He needs Adderall
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1356 on: February 12, 2020, 04:12:04 pm »
I'd be pretty concerned by those quotes if I was Ancelotti. His attitude seems to absolutely stink when it comes to much needed self-improvement. He'll only decline further if he won't even accept that he's in poor form and has deluded himself into thinking there's an agenda against him.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 04:14:31 pm by rowan_d »

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: February 12, 2020, 04:30:49 pm »
Our players: "we can always learn, improve and do better."

Pickford: "nah, I'm great. Know it all, I do. Dont need to push myself or learn anything new at all."

Wanker.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1358 on: February 12, 2020, 04:34:11 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: February 13, 2020, 03:44:08 pm »
Doing some graphics work for our schools library today. Advertising new books. They got a bunch of 'Ultimate football heroes' books in. You know, books about Aguero, Mess, Ronaldo and such.

Been looking for images online to use and found this...

Looks like that golden ball is about to hit him in the arse.

:lmao