Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 194763 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: The Jordan Pickford appreciation thread
« Reply #1160 on: January 22, 2020, 01:35:44 am »
Looks like one of the GOT regulars isn't happy with Pickers.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1161 on: January 22, 2020, 01:42:24 am »

Hahaha Jesus,that killed me.

Your work ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1162 on: January 22, 2020, 01:56:11 am »
The poor bugger always has a nightmare against us and Newcastle :D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: January 22, 2020, 04:23:53 am »

One for the cameras, Jord?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: January 22, 2020, 04:32:22 am »

In fairness he doesn’t take risk. He’s just shit  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 12:40:18 pm by John C »

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1165 on: January 22, 2020, 07:36:48 am »

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #1166 on: January 22, 2020, 07:58:35 am »
“He couldn’t reach the goal line”
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: January 22, 2020, 08:10:47 am »
Not a single mention of Pickford's culpability for that second goal in the BBC match report. If he doesn't fall against the post then lose his bearings and make a spectacular leap at an imaginary ball, he doesn't end up way behind his line and probably saves the equaliser. The defending was terrible all-round, but T-Rex's comedy capers played a key role. It's incredible what they will turn a blind eye to when a player is "England's number one". There must be half a dozen better English keepers than him, at least.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: January 22, 2020, 08:29:33 am »
Not a single mention of Pickford's culpability for that second goal in the BBC match report. If he doesn't fall against the post then lose his bearings and make a spectacular leap at an imaginary ball, he doesn't end up way behind his line and probably saves the equaliser. The defending was terrible all-round, but T-Rex's comedy capers played a key role. It's incredible what they will turn a blind eye to when a player is "England's number one". There must be half a dozen better English keepers than him, at least.

What about the piss poor flap on the corner that resulted in the first goal?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1169 on: January 22, 2020, 08:59:21 am »
“There’s a line in football, and Jordan Pickford just crossed it...!”
NUFC Twitter is crucifying Pickford on a wide plank.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: January 22, 2020, 09:15:15 am »
His wee dive into the goal at a non-existent shot just prior to the goal had me in a crease laughing

The shot he was reaching for got blocked tbf, but he doesn't seem to realise his jump has taken him behind his own line and he just stays there. Mind boggling stuff. I only think he realises when he looks down as he catches the ball. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: January 22, 2020, 09:23:07 am »

One for the cameras, Jord?

We've been saying for ages all his stupid diving about like an utter idiot would cost them and he does it so spectacularly last night. He's a useless keeper yet somehow is getting paid millions a year, he's stealing a living.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: January 22, 2020, 09:29:51 am »
Can he reach his own arse to wipe it?    ;)

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: January 22, 2020, 09:32:54 am »
His wee dive into the goal at a non-existent shot just prior to the goal had me in a crease laughing
Haha, me too. Why does he jump into his own goal, utterly bizarre.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #1174 on: January 22, 2020, 09:44:12 am »
Haha, me too. Why does he jump into his own goal, utterly bizarre.
He’s like a kid who loves playing in goal because he enjoys diving around in the mud. He literally can’t wait to dive. That shot is blocked but he still dives! If he stays on his feet he probably saves the second shot (in front of his line).  This is the best thing about Alisson is you very rarely see him making great saves because he doesn’t need to due to his footwork being so good. Pickford is constantly just bouncing around waiting to dive whilst Alisson will have his feet firmly planted to the ground in the correct place.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: January 22, 2020, 09:49:22 am »
He's so intolerably shit. I'd take Andy Lonergan over him let alone Adrian.

I do think we owe him a debt of gratitude though. My theory remains that, were it not for his utter shiteness, we would never have won the Champions League last year.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: January 22, 2020, 09:50:27 am »
He’s like a kid who loves playing in goal because he enjoys diving around in the mud. He literally can’t wait to dive. That shot is blocked but he still dives! If he stays on his feet he probably saves the second shot (in front of his line).  This is the best thing about Alisson is you very rarely see him making great saves because he doesn’t need to due to his footwork being so good. Pickford is constantly just bouncing around waiting to dive whilst Alisson will have his feet firmly planted to the ground in the correct place.
True, he does it all the time, but this one was extraordinary. When the shot is taken he's standing by the post, so I can understand why he dives towards the centre (he can't know it will be blocked), but to actually jump backwards into his own goal is unbelievable. Nothing will beat the Origi goal, but this is almost as funny. This thread and the matchday thread from yesterday is hilarious.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1177 on: January 22, 2020, 09:52:22 am »
I was so convinced those pictures weren't real and were edited, especially with the two Everton players lying off the pitch. A madness.

I'm not even sure why his place is so assured in the England team. He is prone to mistakes but has no kind of redeeming feature that makes him stand out against the rest, like it's not like he has brilliant distribution or is integral as a sweeper in the system or anything like that.

I don't think playing for Everton helps him any. When there is chaos around him, there is chaos in him. He's not a calm head or even a leader from the back.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: January 22, 2020, 10:05:25 am »
Because he's not as good as Pickford.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #1179 on: January 22, 2020, 10:14:02 am »
He's getting worse which is hilarious as some of their fans are still in denial about it.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1180 on: January 22, 2020, 10:21:51 am »
He lacks composure big style, flapping and diving about for no reason, he must be a defenders nightmare. Had he composed himself last night during that flurry of action he makes a simple save and Everton win 2-1. Instead he was all the place, lost his bearings completely and ended up looking like a  useless tit once again!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1181 on: January 22, 2020, 10:24:35 am »
Last throw of the dice for Newcastle and 3 Everton players decide to leave the pitch!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: January 22, 2020, 10:54:44 am »
Cant disagree with any of the criticisms in here, he is just plain weird. There was a header in the 1st half that everyone could see was sailing harmlessly over the bar and he does that stupid diving thing - again. They are stuck with him though as they paid £30M for him and he must be on £100k/week so who is buying him ?

As far as England go he is dining out on a decent world cup and maybe the powers that be think "Well hes not the first (or last) to go to shit when playing for Everton", so maybe think he is still decent for England.

He does provide absolute comedy gold though so give him more time I say.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: January 22, 2020, 10:56:24 am »
I was so convinced those pictures weren't real and were edited, especially with the two Everton players lying off the pitch. A madness.

I'm not even sure why his place is so assured in the England team. He is prone to mistakes but has no kind of redeeming feature that makes him stand out against the rest, like it's not like he has brilliant distribution or is integral as a sweeper in the system or anything like that.

I don't think playing for Everton helps him any. When there is chaos around him, there is chaos in him. He's not a calm head or even a leader from the back.

I know he made a rick against us, but Henderson of Sheff utd should be in goal for England on current form. Pickford is fucking dreadful and like Joe Hart before him cant' seem to arrest his decline, in part at least as he's [again like Joe Hart] totally brainless.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #1184 on: January 22, 2020, 11:09:33 am »
His histrionics after he 'saved' the goal behind the line in were up to his usual standard.

One day one of his team mates is going to plant him and he'll deserve it.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1185 on: January 22, 2020, 11:22:47 am »
He's so intolerably shit. I'd take Andy Lonergan over him let alone Adrian.

I do think we owe him a debt of gratitude though. My theory remains that, were it not for his utter shiteness, we would never have won the Champions League last year.

Seeing more and more Evertonians specifically blaming him for our current form ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: January 22, 2020, 01:19:42 pm »
Looks like one of the GOT regulars isn't happy with Pickers.

That's our Barney kicking the shit out of the T- Rex.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1187 on: January 22, 2020, 01:25:22 pm »

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: January 22, 2020, 01:26:39 pm »
Ancellotti should and will have a free reign this summer and I expect massive changes. He has to start with the GK. £30m isn't really that much in today's market - I think they can easily get £20m or more of that back.

This guy is miles too small to be GK in the PL. I think the likes of DDG, Kepa, Leno all have similar issues (all too fucking lightweight), but at least those 3 have more height and longer arms.

The best keepers in the history of the PL - Schmeichel, Seaman, Cech, VDS - were all fucking units. Alisson is from the same mould. I know DDG was the best in the league for 2-3 seasons but based on his first couple of seasons, and most recent 2, we can safely say that was an outlier.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #1189 on: January 22, 2020, 01:31:19 pm »
Last throw of the dice for Newcastle and 3 Everton players decide to leave the pitch!
he's barely even stood on grass at that stage
hilarious

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1190 on: January 22, 2020, 01:32:31 pm »
That's our Barney kicking the shit out of the T- Rex.

Where's the refrigerator?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: January 22, 2020, 01:35:30 pm »
Cant disagree with any of the criticisms in here, he is just plain weird. There was a header in the 1st half that everyone could see was sailing harmlessly over the bar and he does that stupid diving thing - again. They are stuck with him though as they paid £30M for him and he must be on £100k/week so who is buying him ?

As far as England go he is dining out on a decent world cup and maybe the powers that be think "Well hes not the first (or last) to go to shit when playing for Everton", so maybe think he is still decent for England.

He does provide absolute comedy gold though so give him more time I say.

One day he is going to land awkwardly and break something.

Pope and Foster should go the Europeans
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #1192 on: January 22, 2020, 01:37:38 pm »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: January 22, 2020, 01:37:42 pm »
Going by his reaction after that penalty save in the shooutout the other week, you could see he thought he was world class. The guy is a clown, a very good one at that.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: January 22, 2020, 01:45:45 pm »
Where's the refrigerator?

;D

Just out of shot.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1195 on: January 22, 2020, 01:48:03 pm »
To be fair as a child he would have been told to stand behind the line!

Like his team he is the gift that just keeps giving,
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #1196 on: January 22, 2020, 01:52:07 pm »
Ancellotti should and will have a free reign this summer and I expect massive changes. He has to start with the GK. £30m isn't really that much in today's market - I think they can easily get £20m or more of that back.

This guy is miles too small to be GK in the PL. I think the likes of DDG, Kepa, Leno all have similar issues (all too fucking lightweight), but at least those 3 have more height and longer arms.

The best keepers in the history of the PL - Schmeichel, Seaman, Cech, VDS - were all fucking units. Alisson is from the same mould. I know DDG was the best in the league for 2-3 seasons but based on his first couple of seasons, and most recent 2, we can safely say that was an outlier.
Some truth in your assessment. As an aside, some random thoughts from an arl arse. Peter Shilton was a ‘unit’ perhaps the prototype for that style of keeper. However, I maintain that however good he was, he wasn’t a patch on Clemence. (Or Southall for that matter).  Shilton was a “highlights reel” keeper in that he tipped a lot of shots over or around the post, whereas Clem would usually catch the shots. TV tended to make the most of the highlights, and that’s why Shilton was chosen. Clemence was also brilliant at sweeping up, as he was very good with the ball at his feet - and his nickname ‘the assassin” came from his performance in 5 a sides when he played out.
Pickford came to prominence diving around making lots of “spectacular” saves, again the TV made a lot of his “talent”.
Sorry to ramble on, but Clemence was the standard against which all keepers were measured. We are lucky to see another world class keeper between the sticks for us now, the best since Clem.
Simple question. I saw Shilton concede 5 goals for three different teams at Anfield. How many times did Clem actually let in 5.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: January 22, 2020, 01:54:20 pm »
I don't want him to ever leave Everton, ever.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: January 22, 2020, 01:56:26 pm »
They'll have a hard job shifting him.  He's such a big headed cnut he'll struggle to handle being dropped, much less being told to move on.  Who would even take him?  He's clearly a bottom half keeper; not who you want if you're a club looking to climb the table.  He's personally cost them points time and again.  Makes Calamity James look like a safe pair of hands.

They'd do better with a Mignolet, or even a Karius.  Hell, put Walcott in goal.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline dimitri

• Kopite
« Reply #1199 on: January 22, 2020, 02:08:40 pm »

:lmao :lmao
Poor Ancelotti, probably thinking wtf have i done coming here!! Pickford looks like Phil Jones, are they related? ???