Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 841486 times)

Offline 30fiver

• Kopite
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #17280 on: May 11, 2021, 10:43:17 am »
I think in general the club dont want the home games ladder to become as complicated and as closed shop as the away ladder has

Thats my personal opinion as to why they won't go further back in time - whether thats right or wrong is up for debate

I'd never have got on any ladders if it wasnt for being based on recent history

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 96.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17281 on: May 11, 2021, 10:49:49 am »
I think in general the club dont want the home games ladder to become as complicated and as closed shop as the away ladder has

Comparing it to the way aways are sold is disingenuous as absolutely none of the league aways are ever likely to fall down the ladder into the hands of a member. So it's not an apt comparison as that is a totally closed shop and has been for years.

It would be much more like the current league home set up, where people with histories get sorted out and then there is a big chunk of tickets left after.

If it's fine to have that set up with the league games, surely it could have been done for the ACS in Europe as well.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 96. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17282 on: May 11, 2021, 10:58:31 am »
Comparing it to the way aways are sold is disingenuous as absolutely none of the league aways are ever likely to fall down the ladder into the hands of a member. So it's not an apt comparison as that is a totally closed shop and has been for years.

It would be much more like the current league home set up, where people with histories get sorted out and then there is a big chunk of tickets left after.

If it's fine to have that set up with the league games, surely it could have been done for the ACS in Europe as well.

Absolutely spot on again mate. Could easily have been, in the case of member. For ACS there are 5000 (whatever number works out) tickets to members with 'X@ number of credits from previous 2,3,5 seasons (again whatever works)

For me as with the 300 in the league games situation, the club are taking the easy way out and to hell with the ramifications

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.96
« Reply #17283 on: May 11, 2021, 11:03:34 am »
You'd have people arguing the toss who miss out on that basis.

"I was working away in 2014/15 so  I couldn't go."

No way is going to be  "fair" to everyone. Because we arent some giant population that all attend in the same way.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17284 on: May 11, 2021, 11:05:42 am »
You'd have people arguing the toss who miss out on that basis.

"I was working away in 2014/15 so  I couldn't go."

No way is going to be  "fair" to everyone. Because we arent some giant population that all attend in the same way.

Tiz Lads suggestion of X from Y would sort that issue out, but even then if you were working away in 2014/2015 you weren't attending.

It simply comes back to the fact that tickets are ring fenced in every single other competition if you have the tickets going back years or are lucky enough to have a season ticket. Except ACS. Doing it would just bring it in line with everything else.

Else we can just start doing away games only on the previous seasons attendance and open the possibility to some of those going to all member sales every year dependent on what happened the season prior.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17285 on: May 11, 2021, 11:09:39 am »
For me as with the 300 in the league games situation, the club are taking the easy way out and to hell with the ramifications

This still feels inherently unfair to me as well and I'm not affected by it.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.96
« Reply #17286 on: May 11, 2021, 11:11:32 am »
Tiz Lads suggestion of X from Y would sort that issue out, but even then if you were working away in 2014/2015 you weren't attending.

Just do 85% of a number then.

My point is they'll be people that any system will be "unfair" to.

There's no easy answer and it's not a job I'd want.

My work are attempting to implement a pseudo rewards system and I've been involved in various ones in the past in a professional role.

They are inherently difficult and complex to manage and administer.

The best ones are the simple ones.

Caffe Nero. Buy a drink. Get a stamp. Ten stamps free drink.

"Well you need to have purchased £500 of items in the last three years or shop every week in the last year or have one leg that's longer than the other and be able to skip while singing ' she loves you' in Esperanto. If you can only do it in French then you get half the points when you shop on a Friday at the beginning of the month"

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17287 on: May 11, 2021, 11:20:43 am »
My point is they'll be people that any system will be "unfair" to.

There's no easy answer and it's not a job I'd want.

My work are attempting to implement a pseudo rewards system and I've been involved in various ones in the past in a professional role.

They are inherently difficult and complex to manage and administer.

The best ones are the simple ones.

Caffe Nero. Buy a drink. Get a stamp. Ten stamps free drink.

"Well you need to have purchased £500 of items in the last three years or shop every week in the last year or have one leg that's longer than the other and be able to skip while singing ' she loves you' in Esperanto. If you can only do it in French then you get half the points when you shop on a Friday at the beginning of the month"

Totally agree. I'm not saying it is easy at all. But I'm not sure it would be difficult to implement a system that has parity with the the way that league home games are sold and uses historical purchase history the way in which they sell the away games.

If you buy 13+ in a season, you know you will get 13+ the next season, and the next season and the next season forevermore. The only way you don't get over 13+ now is simply by being unorganised/missing a sale or losing your income. There are people who have every European game going back years and there is a chance, however remote, that a combination of bad luck in terms a ballot, then missing a quarter final, then the first game of the next season being say, Real Madrid, that they could be off the ladder. This jeopardy doesn't exist on the other ladders so long as you continue to attend. Have parity on all the ladders.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:23:54 am by Hij »

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #17288 on: May 11, 2021, 11:31:23 am »
So do we know when you have to sign up?
Was 2nd July in 2019 so end of June/Beginning of July usually :)
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline 30fiver

• Kopite
« Reply #17289 on: May 11, 2021, 02:18:10 pm »
The wait for the ballot email is killing me  :butt

Online Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17290 on: May 11, 2021, 02:37:39 pm »
As I posted in the Palace thread surely you've been in an LFC ballot before? Getting an email before 6pm is a bonus ;D

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17291 on: May 11, 2021, 03:21:52 pm »
Good luck to everyone in the ballot for Palace to be honest. Can't wait to hear everyone on the TV - despite me not being there I think it will cheer me up no end.

Offline 30fiver

• Kopite
« Reply #17292 on: May 11, 2021, 03:26:45 pm »
As I posted in the Palace thread surely you've been in an LFC ballot before? Getting an email before 6pm is a bonus ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline 30fiver

• Kopite
« Reply #17293 on: May 11, 2021, 05:31:16 pm »
Got one for Palace  ;D

Anyone else have any luck? I know 3 who've missed out

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17294 on: May 11, 2021, 05:42:37 pm »
Got one for Palace  ;D

Anyone else have any luck? I know 3 who've missed out

No luck, me and my son were unsuccessful 😣

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #17295 on: May 11, 2021, 07:28:58 pm »
No luck, me and my son were unsuccessful 😣

Well, I think there'll be a few more for sale on Friday. Me and my Dad share a ticket, we were successful, but he can't make it - and since the ticket's in his name, I can't go either apparently.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17296 on: May 11, 2021, 07:34:20 pm »
Totally agree. I'm not saying it is easy at all. But I'm not sure it would be difficult to implement a system that has parity with the the way that league home games are sold and uses historical purchase history the way in which they sell the away games.

If you buy 13+ in a season, you know you will get 13+ the next season, and the next season and the next season forevermore. The only way you don't get over 13+ now is simply by being unorganised/missing a sale or losing your income. There are people who have every European game going back years and there is a chance, however remote, that a combination of bad luck in terms a ballot, then missing a quarter final, then the first game of the next season being say, Real Madrid, that they could be off the ladder. This jeopardy doesn't exist on the other ladders so long as you continue to attend. Have parity on all the ladders.

100% If you're going to have guaranteed tickets for the PL when you have a certain amount of home credits, then it should be the same for the ACS in the Cup competitions.  People who have been to all the European homes for years could end up getting screwed, same goes for the FA Cup if we draw a big team in the 3rd round.

It's rubbish when people say it then turns into a closed shop if the ACS is guaranteed for the following seasons.  There's still plenty of tickets available and I know people who have managed to get full home credits without the ACS, they just choose not to be on the ACS.  It's the same for the PL, if you're not on the magical 13+, it doesn't mean you won't get a ticket and it's a closed shop, I've had plenty in my time without building up the magical number of PL credits.

Hopefully things will change for the 22/23 season.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #17297 on: May 11, 2021, 09:57:32 pm »
100% If you're going to have guaranteed tickets for the PL when you have a certain amount of home credits, then it should be the same for the ACS in the Cup competitions.  People who have been to all the European homes for years could end up getting screwed, same goes for the FA Cup if we draw a big team in the 3rd round.

It's rubbish when people say it then turns into a closed shop if the ACS is guaranteed for the following seasons.  There's still plenty of tickets available and I know people who have managed to get full home credits without the ACS, they just choose not to be on the ACS.  It's the same for the PL, if you're not on the magical 13+, it doesn't mean you won't get a ticket and it's a closed shop, I've had plenty in my time without building up the magical number of PL credits.

Hopefully things will change for the 22/23 season.
tbe issue is ACS is very powerful and not many people will drop off from year to year so the chance for new people to join will be small, unless we drop out of UCL

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17298 on: May 11, 2021, 10:07:23 pm »
tbe issue is ACS is very powerful and not many people will drop off from year to year so the chance for new people to join will be small, unless we drop out of UCL

True, but the same can be said for the PL when you have 13+. If youíre not on the ACS, itís still a lot easier to get tickets for a cup game, be it the CL, FA, or LC, than it is a PL game.

I have a members card for another family member who wasnít in the ACS and Iíve got them loads of cup game tickets on that card, including plenty of European games,, whereas the PL tickets were so much harder to come by and got far fewer and itís to the point where Iíve almost given up on the PL tickets on that particular card for them.

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Main Stander
« Reply #17299 on: May 12, 2021, 12:24:19 am »
We had about 35k in the first group stage game in 04/05 against Monaco.

All six home games in Europe that season GUARANTEED you a ticket for the final

Istanbul dropped down to either 3 or 4 home games qualified. Madness compared to Athens 2yrs later.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #17300 on: May 12, 2021, 12:44:08 am »
True, but the same can be said for the PL when you have 13+. If youíre not on the ACS, itís still a lot easier to get tickets for a cup game, be it the CL, FA, or LC, than it is a PL game.

I have a members card for another family member who wasnít in the ACS and Iíve got them loads of cup game tickets on that card, including plenty of European games,, whereas the PL tickets were so much harder to come by and got far fewer and itís to the point where Iíve almost given up on the PL tickets on that particular card for them.
I agree with all this my point was more your guaranteed tickets for every game, no getting up for sales and risk losing out, no refreshing if you miss the first sale

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #17301 on: May 12, 2021, 06:32:28 am »
Iíll have to wait for a further announcement on the ACS to be made.

Why cant they guarantee tickets for home cup games like they do for aways I.e. X number of ACS tickets and these are the fixtures you need to have attended to qualify. Football is being ruined for the local fan by the Ďglobal brandí and pushing many people out. This is starting to push me away from the reasons why I loved the game..

This year has been the worst season for as long as I can remember, if I canít get a ticket for the game itíll be the tipping point for me. What about the fans who go to every home and away for years then suddenly get pushed off the ACS...itís disgusting. The people making these decisions are not Liverpool fans
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 06:36:10 am by ScubaSteve »

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17302 on: May 12, 2021, 11:39:42 am »
How do you check your history?

When I'm on my account you can't click history?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #17303 on: May 12, 2021, 11:49:35 am »
What the fuck is the deal with these pricks and their password for the ticket site?

5 different passwords I've tried and saying all of them cannot be accepted

Offline 30fiver

• Kopite
« Reply #17304 on: May 12, 2021, 11:52:36 am »
How do you check your history?

When I'm on my account you can't click history?

They disabled it this morning, I think they are adding everyone an entry for the palace ballot to make them eligible for the sale tomorrow

It was working fine yesterday

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17305 on: May 12, 2021, 11:59:02 am »
They disabled it this morning, I think they are adding everyone an entry for the palace ballot to make them eligible for the sale tomorrow

It was working fine yesterday

Cheers

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17306 on: May 12, 2021, 12:47:43 pm »
Istanbul dropped down to either 3 or 4 home games qualified. Madness compared to Athens 2yrs later.

3 home - you could get one if you'd been to Leverkusen, Juventus and Chelsea as an example. Leverkusen went to general sale if I recall.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17307 on: May 12, 2021, 12:51:06 pm »
ACS

Have had many folks message me and I can see from comments in here it's all a bit pants thanks to the way the FAQ's have been worded. I've emailed club for clarity. I will reiterate though that in all meetings, it's never been said folks qualifying for ACS based on set criteria etc would need to be balloted. My take on it is rather straight forward. If you meet ACS criteria, you get to register, pick a seat etc as you normally do and as cup competitions progress they process the ticket sale and so on.

The ballot aspect is confusing in FAQ's. It definitely needs clearing up.

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.96
« Reply #17308 on: May 12, 2021, 02:05:22 pm »
What the fuck is the deal with these pricks and their password for the ticket site?

5 different passwords I've tried and saying all of them cannot be accepted

This is a fair comment. I've no idea what my password is as everything I entered couldn't be used. It's probably "incorrect" or something equally baffling

Offline VVM

• Anny Roader
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #17309 on: May 12, 2021, 02:21:47 pm »
This is a fair comment. I've no idea what my password is as everything I entered couldn't be used. It's probably "incorrect" or something equally baffling

I thought I was just being thick but I've had issues too. Put all my usual passwords in and nothing, reset it and wrote that down. Try a week later or something and it doesn't work so have to keep resetting.

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Kopite
« Reply #17310 on: May 12, 2021, 02:34:19 pm »
I thought I was just being thick but I've had issues too. Put all my usual passwords in and nothing, reset it and wrote that down. Try a week later or something and it doesn't work so have to keep resetting.

The zeros infront of the membership or customer number casues it issues. Take them out and try.

Offline 30fiver

• Kopite
« Reply #17311 on: May 12, 2021, 03:15:13 pm »
'Credit the Fans' have created enough noise and got a meeting with Phil Dutton about the 2019/20 credits

Good first step

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter me bro
« Reply #17312 on: May 12, 2021, 04:12:42 pm »
'Credit the Fans' have created enough noise and got a meeting with Phil Dutton about the 2019/20 credits

Good first step

Good stuff. I imagine the club will still pushback. It's a very shite situation, but you honour the 300 I can imagine there'll be even more individuals complaining.

Part of me wonders if the Club considered going to a points-based system and whether that would overall be the Club's preference for simplicity. Not great for younger fans though.
YNWA.

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #17313 on: May 12, 2021, 04:29:50 pm »
Good stuff. I imagine the club will still pushback. It's a very shite situation, but you honour the 300 I can imagine there'll be even more individuals complaining.

Part of me wonders if the Club considered going to a points-based system and whether that would overall be the Club's preference for simplicity. Not great for younger fans though.

Who's gonna complain mate?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17314 on: May 12, 2021, 04:56:45 pm »

Good first step

Awesome!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter me bro
« Reply #17315 on: May 12, 2021, 05:01:34 pm »
Who's gonna complain mate?

the 300+ are only those newly on the 13+ ladder. but you'll have others out of this bracket that are probably aggrieved too.
YNWA.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17316 on: May 12, 2021, 05:44:16 pm »

Good first step

Where are updates like this posted mate? How can I keep up to date with it?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17317 on: May 12, 2021, 06:44:39 pm »
ACS

Have had many folks message me and I can see from comments in here it's all a bit pants thanks to the way the FAQ's have been worded. I've emailed club for clarity. I will reiterate though that in all meetings, it's never been said folks qualifying for ACS based on set criteria etc would need to be balloted. My take on it is rather straight forward. If you meet ACS criteria, you get to register, pick a seat etc as you normally do and as cup competitions progress they process the ticket sale and so on.

The ballot aspect is confusing in FAQ's. It definitely needs clearing up.
Cheers Harinder.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17318 on: May 12, 2021, 06:49:15 pm »

Good first step
Good news.

Offline 30fiver

• Kopite
« Reply #17319 on: May 12, 2021, 07:05:39 pm »
Where are updates like this posted mate? How can I keep up to date with it?

There's a WhatsApp and fb group for those affected, links are further up this thread