Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2094727 times)

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #17240 on: May 11, 2021, 09:31:42 am »
Yes and it's not ideal. UEFA swallow up more tickets meaning less tickets available for a later round.

But getting your knickers in a twist in May 2021 about missing out on an imaginary semi final in May 2022 after missing out on a ballot that hasn't taken place (or even been confirmed that is taken place) isnt going to help you.

I've as much chance as anyone missing out, but everything being equal I'm more wound up that Anthony Taylor is the ref on Thursday

Next season is immaterial, as credits don't count. It's the season after that I'm concerned about

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #17241 on: May 11, 2021, 09:33:29 am »
Not if it was a proportion of the tickets, which is exactly what they do with league games already.
I think this is a workable solution and one I would be happy with (I only have 4 last year UCL and Red Star from 18) guarantee people with 5 year history for example and then ballot the rest. I think the issue is where is the cutoff, like anything really

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17242 on: May 11, 2021, 09:34:02 am »
Next season is immaterial, as credits don't count. It's the season after that I'm concerned about
cup credits for next season count for all games in that competition though

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17243 on: May 11, 2021, 09:35:50 am »
Yes and it's not ideal. UEFA swallow up more tickets meaning less tickets available for a later round.

But getting your knickers in a twist in May 2021 about missing out on an imaginary semi final in May 2022 after missing out on a ballot that hasn't taken place (or even been confirmed that is taken place) isnt going to help you.

I've as much chance as anyone missing out, but everything being equal I'm more wound up that Anthony Taylor is the ref on Thursday
I think the feeling is that the chances of it happening are indeed very low, but that a worst case scenario will very much exist and would be pretty galling if it did. When you could probably do 20-25% of the ACS to people with longer histories. That's what happens in the league right now with about half the tickets, albeit it would involve multiple seasons when they usually try to just use the previous season although when it comes to away matches, they do use historical games from other seasons so there is a precedent for them doing it.

If we can have a guaranteed sale for the league for members why not for Europe?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17244 on: May 11, 2021, 09:39:43 am »
wym with 1000s of others? Late sales have same requirements. Yes UEFA take more at each stage but it's not like anyone gets a chance at SF tickets. Also why should it be down to "your own work" whether or not you get lucky one morning in July? What if you have a meeting or are on holiday tough luck then? If you miss on ACS you will get tickets for basically every round with bit less chance for late rounds but it's hardly shut out for the season

A 'bit less chance' really? There's 1000's of tickets less for semi finals thanks to UEFA taking more and more

Once again just like the 300 who were shafted in the league sale this is anything for an easy life at the TO

As HIJ says quite easy to have a proportion of tickets for multiple seasons of loyalty. That's what happens for Euro Aways, but once again that's not something that the club appear to be considering

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17245 on: May 11, 2021, 09:40:44 am »
I Completely understand why people are concerned because the ACS is quite a powerful thing but in reality the actual chance of missing out is barely increased by using a ballot, context and assessing the situation for what it really is is needed here

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17246 on: May 11, 2021, 09:41:31 am »

But are worthless for 22/23, and that will be a ballot again

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17247 on: May 11, 2021, 09:42:14 am »

Ah, but it's about credits for future seasons. Watch the need for a ballot if we end up in the Europa Conference when it doesn't matter for future seasons.

I think the feeling is that the chances of it happening are indeed very low, but that a worst case scenario will very much exist and would be pretty galling if it did. When you could probably do 20-25% of the ACS to people with longer histories. That's what happens in the league right now with about half the tickets, albeit it would involve multiple seasons when they usually try to just use the previous season although when it comes to away matches, they do use historical games from other seasons so there is a precedent for them doing it.

If we can have a guaranteed sale for the league for members why not for Europe?

It's a crap situation agreed, to be honest it would suit me going back years. I think I've got "full" home credits back to 2004/2005 and possibly further.

I can't concern myself with that. It's really not productive.

The idea that they use forty seven years history in aways so it makes sense to do it here doesn't sit well with me. Just because they do it there. It doesn't mean it's right.

We all know lads and lasses who are on every away trip. Rarely in their name so Billy Big Bollocks gets his guaranteed final ticket and they are scrambling round for a final ticket. That's not "fair" in my mind
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 09:44:59 am by red_Mark1980 »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17248 on: May 11, 2021, 09:42:47 am »
A 'bit less chance' really? There's 1000's of tickets less for semi finals thanks to UEFA taking more and more

Once again just like the 300 who were shafted in the league sale this is anything for an easy life at the TO

As HIJ says quite easy to have a proportion of tickets for multiple seasons of loyalty. That's what happens for Euro Aways, but once again that's not something that the club appear to be considering
it's not 1000s yes there's a chance you miss out because you aren't on the ACS and that's devastating of course but my point is a ballot doesn't affect the chances of you actually getting on the ACS or not and missing out isn't a total death sentence. I would agree with guaranteed tickets for fans with longer histories and that's against my own interests

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17249 on: May 11, 2021, 09:43:48 am »
Ah, but it's about credits for future seasons. Watch the need for a ballot if we end up in the Europa Conference when it doesn't matter for future seasons.

Happy to go to that as well. I'd just like to be able to look forward to a season and know I'm guaranteed to be able to attend a certain number of games a season guaranteed based on my history like so many others are in the current set up elsewhere, that's all.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17250 on: May 11, 2021, 09:44:33 am »
But are worthless for 22/23, and that will be a ballot again
hey maybe we turn shit again and we can all get aways to Armenia

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17251 on: May 11, 2021, 09:45:20 am »
At least I'll always have the League Cup games ;D

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17252 on: May 11, 2021, 09:46:46 am »
In fairness thinking about it with the credit holiday even with get UCL this year there could be no need for. a ballot but for 22/23 and future until we see shite again it seems likely given the FAQ

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17253 on: May 11, 2021, 09:47:07 am »
Happy to go to that as well. I'd just like to be able to look forward to a season and know I'm guaranteed to be able to attend a certain number of games a season guaranteed based on my history like so many others are in the current set up elsewhere, that's all.

I'll be there too and it's not personal at you or anyone on here. I'm sure we all know the sort of "matchgoer" I'm on about.

Nowhere for Dinamo Turbinsor, but you know he's bouncing in for Roma in the semi final

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17254 on: May 11, 2021, 09:47:13 am »
At least I'll always have the League Cup games ;D
that MK away credit will come in handy and some point I know of it!

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17255 on: May 11, 2021, 09:48:43 am »

:wellin :wellin spot on

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17256 on: May 11, 2021, 09:48:45 am »
I'll be there too and it's not personal at you or anyone on here. I'm sure we all know the sort of "matchgoer" I'm on about.

Nowhere for Dinamo Turbinsor, but you know he's bouncing in for Roma in the semi final
it is annoying to look at UEL group stage from 2012 and see 37,000 attendence figures, although not sure 13 year old me would've been allowed to travel over for it, even if I had any ability to buy tickets etc

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17257 on: May 11, 2021, 09:52:19 am »
it is annoying to look at UEL group stage from 2012 and see 37,000 attendence figures, although not sure 13 year old me would've been allowed to travel over for it, even if I had any ability to buy tickets etc

We had about 35k in the first group stage game in 04/05 against Monaco.

All six home games in Europe that season GUARANTEED you a ticket for the final

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17258 on: May 11, 2021, 09:54:59 am »
We had about 35k in the first group stage game in 04/05 against Monaco.

All six home games in Europe that season GUARANTEED you a ticket for the final
fucking madness that, if my parents had only had me as soon as they met I might have got over for that one

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17259 on: May 11, 2021, 09:57:00 am »
fucking madness that, if my parents had only had me as soon as they met I might have got over for that one

Exactly. Personally the club should be doing more and making it easier for you and your generation to get in and enjoy those games.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17260 on: May 11, 2021, 09:59:26 am »
Exactly. Personally the club should be doing more and making it easier for you and your generation to get in and enjoy those games.

This is fair comment as well.

Hopefully the Anny Road gets done and helps ease some of these issues even if not fully rectifying them.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17261 on: May 11, 2021, 10:02:27 am »
the club putting the Red Star returned away allocation on sale to young adults first in turn allowed me to get all 4 UCL last season and means for now I'm at least guaranteed European games next season, but I agree it's a really difficult issue for the club to deal with there's only so many seats at the end of the day but my age shouldn't be a complete barrier to entry, you can see it in the ground as well, demographics of the crowd is very middle aged

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17262 on: May 11, 2021, 10:03:40 am »
This is fair comment as well.

Hopefully the Anny Road gets done and helps ease some of these issues even if not fully rectifying them.
Anny Road is a small step but if we continue having such success on the pitch it won't really do much difference

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17263 on: May 11, 2021, 10:07:15 am »
the club putting the Red Star returned away allocation on sale to young adults first in turn allowed me to get all 4 UCL last season and means for now I'm at least guaranteed European games next season, but I agree it's a really difficult issue for the club to deal with there's only so many seats at the end of the day but my age shouldn't be a complete barrier to entry, you can see it in the ground as well, demographics of the crowd is very middle aged

Watch who you're calling middled aged young chap.

Get back on your Gameboy  ;)

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17264 on: May 11, 2021, 10:09:26 am »
wym with 1000s of others? Late sales have same requirements. Yes UEFA take more at each stage but it's not like anyone gets a chance at SF tickets. Also why should it be down to "your own work" whether or not you get lucky one morning in July? What if you have a meeting or are on holiday tough luck then? If you miss on ACS you will get tickets for basically every round with bit less chance for late rounds but it's hardly shut out for the season

It's the knock effect, you miss out on any games in one season and you could be locked out for years.  A few on here have stated that they only do cups.

Also there is control element, with a ballot you have no control but with a first come first serve (like before) at least you felt in control (even if you actually are not in control).

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17265 on: May 11, 2021, 10:14:46 am »
It's the knock effect, you miss out on any games in one season and you could be locked out for years.  A few on here have stated that they only do cups.

Also there is control element, with a ballot you have no control but with a first come first serve (like before) at least you felt in control (even if you actually are not in control).
If you miss out on the SF for example yes you can't get on next seasons ACS but you will still get a seat for the first game of next season and in turn build back up so really isn't not a total death sentence but it's highly inconvenient and risker than ACS. I agree with the control element my opinion is just I don't see what's wrong with a fairer way of doing, and I consider myself well in touch with how to master the website even if I never knew how to get in before everyone else

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17266 on: May 11, 2021, 10:23:28 am »
If you miss out on the SF for example yes you can't get on next seasons ACS but you will still get a seat for the firdt game of next season and in turn build back up so really isn't not a total death sentence but it's highly inconvenient and risker than ACS. I agree with the control element my opinion is just I don't see what's wrong with a fairer way of doing, and I consider myself well in touch with how to master the website even if I never knew how to get in before everyone else

There was talk previously that getting on the ACS would be the credit to get the ACS the next season but that's obviously not been implemented. That's actually probably too far the other way and locks people out completely so I'm not in favour of that even if it would benefit me extremely the other way.

Still think a proportion of the ACS guaranteed to longer histories would reward those going a long time  and to the Europa League matches when the take up wasn't as great and match what is done in a lot of the other competitions. It would remove even the possibility of longer time match goers being displaced, which is already the case if you have a season ticket, 13+ homes on a members card, or away games going back years.

I only do cup games and whatever I can get in the league sales. Totally unsure what a run at the ballot will look like but I'll soon find out.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 10:25:59 am by Hij »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #17267 on: May 11, 2021, 10:43:17 am »
I think in general the club dont want the home games ladder to become as complicated and as closed shop as the away ladder has

Thats my personal opinion as to why they won't go further back in time - whether thats right or wrong is up for debate

I'd never have got on any ladders if it wasnt for being based on recent history

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17268 on: May 11, 2021, 10:49:49 am »
I think in general the club dont want the home games ladder to become as complicated and as closed shop as the away ladder has

Comparing it to the way aways are sold is disingenuous as absolutely none of the league aways are ever likely to fall down the ladder into the hands of a member. So it's not an apt comparison as that is a totally closed shop and has been for years.

It would be much more like the current league home set up, where people with histories get sorted out and then there is a big chunk of tickets left after.

If it's fine to have that set up with the league games, surely it could have been done for the ACS in Europe as well.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17269 on: May 11, 2021, 10:58:31 am »
Comparing it to the way aways are sold is disingenuous as absolutely none of the league aways are ever likely to fall down the ladder into the hands of a member. So it's not an apt comparison as that is a totally closed shop and has been for years.

It would be much more like the current league home set up, where people with histories get sorted out and then there is a big chunk of tickets left after.

If it's fine to have that set up with the league games, surely it could have been done for the ACS in Europe as well.

Absolutely spot on again mate. Could easily have been, in the case of member. For ACS there are 5000 (whatever number works out) tickets to members with 'X@ number of credits from previous 2,3,5 seasons (again whatever works)

For me as with the 300 in the league games situation, the club are taking the easy way out and to hell with the ramifications

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17270 on: May 11, 2021, 11:03:34 am »
You'd have people arguing the toss who miss out on that basis.

"I was working away in 2014/15 so  I couldn't go."

No way is going to be  "fair" to everyone. Because we arent some giant population that all attend in the same way.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17271 on: May 11, 2021, 11:05:42 am »
You'd have people arguing the toss who miss out on that basis.

"I was working away in 2014/15 so  I couldn't go."

No way is going to be  "fair" to everyone. Because we arent some giant population that all attend in the same way.

Tiz Lads suggestion of X from Y would sort that issue out, but even then if you were working away in 2014/2015 you weren't attending.

It simply comes back to the fact that tickets are ring fenced in every single other competition if you have the tickets going back years or are lucky enough to have a season ticket. Except ACS. Doing it would just bring it in line with everything else.

Else we can just start doing away games only on the previous seasons attendance and open the possibility to some of those going to all member sales every year dependent on what happened the season prior.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17272 on: May 11, 2021, 11:09:39 am »
For me as with the 300 in the league games situation, the club are taking the easy way out and to hell with the ramifications

This still feels inherently unfair to me as well and I'm not affected by it.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17273 on: May 11, 2021, 11:11:32 am »
Tiz Lads suggestion of X from Y would sort that issue out, but even then if you were working away in 2014/2015 you weren't attending.

Just do 85% of a number then.

My point is they'll be people that any system will be "unfair" to.

There's no easy answer and it's not a job I'd want.

My work are attempting to implement a pseudo rewards system and I've been involved in various ones in the past in a professional role.

They are inherently difficult and complex to manage and administer.

The best ones are the simple ones.

Caffe Nero. Buy a drink. Get a stamp. Ten stamps free drink.

"Well you need to have purchased £500 of items in the last three years or shop every week in the last year or have one leg that's longer than the other and be able to skip while singing ' she loves you' in Esperanto. If you can only do it in French then you get half the points when you shop on a Friday at the beginning of the month"

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17274 on: May 11, 2021, 11:20:43 am »
My point is they'll be people that any system will be "unfair" to.

There's no easy answer and it's not a job I'd want.

My work are attempting to implement a pseudo rewards system and I've been involved in various ones in the past in a professional role.

They are inherently difficult and complex to manage and administer.

The best ones are the simple ones.

Caffe Nero. Buy a drink. Get a stamp. Ten stamps free drink.

"Well you need to have purchased £500 of items in the last three years or shop every week in the last year or have one leg that's longer than the other and be able to skip while singing ' she loves you' in Esperanto. If you can only do it in French then you get half the points when you shop on a Friday at the beginning of the month"

Totally agree. I'm not saying it is easy at all. But I'm not sure it would be difficult to implement a system that has parity with the the way that league home games are sold and uses historical purchase history the way in which they sell the away games.

If you buy 13+ in a season, you know you will get 13+ the next season, and the next season and the next season forevermore. The only way you don't get over 13+ now is simply by being unorganised/missing a sale or losing your income. There are people who have every European game going back years and there is a chance, however remote, that a combination of bad luck in terms a ballot, then missing a quarter final, then the first game of the next season being say, Real Madrid, that they could be off the ladder. This jeopardy doesn't exist on the other ladders so long as you continue to attend. Have parity on all the ladders.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 11:23:54 am by Hij »

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #17275 on: May 11, 2021, 11:31:23 am »
So do we know when you have to sign up?
Was 2nd July in 2019 so end of June/Beginning of July usually :)
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17276 on: May 11, 2021, 02:18:10 pm »
The wait for the ballot email is killing me  :butt

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #17277 on: May 11, 2021, 02:37:39 pm »
As I posted in the Palace thread surely you've been in an LFC ballot before? Getting an email before 6pm is a bonus ;D

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17278 on: May 11, 2021, 03:21:52 pm »
Good luck to everyone in the ballot for Palace to be honest. Can't wait to hear everyone on the TV - despite me not being there I think it will cheer me up no end.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17279 on: May 11, 2021, 03:26:45 pm »
As I posted in the Palace thread surely you've been in an LFC ballot before? Getting an email before 6pm is a bonus ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D